Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer (3818 Views)

11 First Class Nigerian Celebrities That Married Richer Men / Guys, Has Oluwaseun Osewa, Admin Of This Forum Been Awarded A Degree?? / Oluwaseun Osewa, Nairaland Founder Is (+1) Today, Thursday 17th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by ventnaija: 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-__CTXoTZ2Cc/UsoNyl62IpI/AAAAAAAAQ68/urU-y2DW2E8/s1600/OluwaSeun+Osewa.jpg[/img]

His main goal was to be the Mark Zuckerberg of Nigeria. Hence the site was launched 14 months after Facebook. The site took off after a slow start and Nairaland now has over 1 million registered users and is the most popular Nigerian website today.
Forbes Magazine took note of Osewa's initiative and recognized the young brilliant Nigerian mind in 2013 as best African entrepreneurs under 30.

"I decided to start Nairaland when I noticed two odd things about MobileNigeria:

(1) Despite its narrow focus, it was the only Nigerian community that gave a voice to Nigerians at home. Most other Nigerian sites were owned and dominated by Nigerians in the US or UK. They covered only issues of interests to Nigerians abroad.

(2) The off topic section of the forum, covering topics outside telecoms, like romance and jokes, was becoming more vibrant than the Mobile Nigeria Forum itself, suggesting the need for a more general-purpose Nigerian forum.

This gave me the confidence to take forums like Naijaryders and Talknaija head on by starting a general purpose discussion forum with a strong bias towards issues of interest to Nigerians at home. I felt that such a site could attract enough traffic to make enough money from Google adverts. That’s why I started the Nairaland Forum" said Oluwaseun Osewa
Nairaland has done well. It is the seventh most visited sites in Nigeria after Google, Facebook, Yahoo, YouTube and .

Osewa shared his vision for the next five years on Nairaland against his mentor site Facebook. "If I got 5 naira every time a developer offered to help me make Nairaland like Facebook, I would be rich enough to buy the moon!

But here’s the thing. You can’t beat Facebook. even if your website is perfect. Social networks benefit from ‘network effects’, which means the bigger they are, the better the experience. Facebook has grown so big that the only thing other social networks can do is die. MySpace, Hi5, and even Google’s social network (Orkut), and Microsoft’s Live Spaces have been beaten and are still losing members every day. If Google and Microsoft can’t beat them, I don’t think I should waste my time.

There’s an element of Facebook I’d like to incorporate, though. The ‘social graph’. It’s the reason why Facebook can have 500m users on the same site and yet, unlike most big forums, doesn’t feel over-crowded. The social graph approach scales so well."
So good things do come from Nigeria and No headlines or news media overseas will stream Oluwaseun Osewa's story except osaseye. People tend to add to the Growing negative perception about Nigeria in the world

http://ventnaija..com/2014/01/nairaland-founder-oluwaseun-osewa-gets.html
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by OgologoDimkpa: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
ventnaija:
But here’s the thing. You can’t beat Facebook. even if your website is perfect. Social networks benefit from ‘network effects’, which means the bigger they are, the better the experience. Facebook has grown so big that the only thing other social networks can do is die. MySpace, Hi5, and even Google’s social network (Orkut), and Microsoft’s Live Spaces have been beaten and are still losing members every day. If Google and Microsoft can’t beat them, I don’t think I should waste my time.
What's the hell are you spilling @ the highlighted sad
Change is a constant thing and overtaking is allowed....
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by Smooyis(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Congratulations Seun. But I feel dissappointed that you think you can't beat FacebOok on the level of patronage. Such mentality is'nt good for a young guy like you. Change is the only permanent thing. Just do your best and leave the rest for God. Sky is your limit. Best of luck.
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by osaseyeishere(m): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Ventnaija please whenever you copy other blogger's hard earned post. Please cite the source and stop plagiarizing. It could be damaging to your blog's page rank and review. Osaseye wrote this article under his genuine Profiling Nigerians section as credits to aspiring and well to do Nigerians. The full story can be found on http://osaseye..com/2014/01/nairaland-founder-oluwaseun-osewa-gets.html#.UsrLffRDvl8

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by tintingz(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Incase smiley
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by hatux: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmm *Make i go bring ma chair*
Bdw>>congrats mr seun#i see yu oo#
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by sultanbaby: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
tintingz: Incase smiley
congratulations seun bt u be handsome bobo ohhh
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by gluv01(f): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
See him baby face tongue ...where is sexkillz
Congrats though wink
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by Forzap: 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Shey na only dis pic seun get undecided
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by Yemlizzy(f): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by Bilabong(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
So u de follow chop gogle money join... Yem ego 4 boyz.
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by ugonna1054(m): 2:10am On Jan 07, 2014
Smooyis: Congratulations Seun. But I feel dissappointed that you think you can't beat FacebOok on the level of patronage. Such mentality is'nt good for a young guy like you. Change is the only permanent thing. Just do your best and leave the rest for God. Sky is your limit. Best of luck.
#FACT# HE CAN'T BEAT FACEBOOK WITH NAIRALAND..come on Nigeria has over 170m+ people and only 1m+ are nairalanders but FACEBOOK? In Nigeria only has 11m+ people(http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cp-africa.com/2013/09/08/facebook-nigeria/&sa=U&ei=WFLLUubpEerI0wXy6YDIAQ&ved=0CA0QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNFrhTqrF4YUyIJSDXwcfW_IvGYe3Q)... Talk more of AFRICA as a whole TALK MORE MORE of the GLOBE..

Leave those change is permanent wey u dey talk..there a somethings that just can NEVER BE
EVEN IF SEUN CREATES DOLLARLAND grin grin

But the Guy try for NL SHA.cool cool
Re: Nairaland Founder Oluwaseun Osewa Gets Richer by JD123(m): 3:48am On Jan 07, 2014
I will like to say that beating another social network is a rogue idea.The point is creating what serves a purpose.Seun did that.To be sincere,what Nairaland has,facebook doesn't.Seriously?IF you try to reason with me you'll see my view.Check this site by a naija guy.Its really cool,just new.Its a social community..www.quotehood.com.The guy is using this facebook styled system but its cool,especially on mobile

(1) (Reply)

Famous Rappers Who Hate Each Other / Photos: Meet The Girl People Keep Mistaking For Singer Rihanna / “I Don’t Care If One Of My Daughters Marries At 18″ – Omotola Jalade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.