Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163543 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 12:38am On May 12, 2015
hamatime:
Do any heard about Motrocopo step tiles? A roofer told me that it's the new roofing sheet in town.
It is called "Metcopo". Visit the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1791485/making-port-harcourt-castle/17#27404498

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lastpage: 2:48am On May 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Wow! Nice write-up. I have learnt few things from that also... I believe that is why we are. Your contribution is always welcomed.

But @Lastpage, there is something called Private email if you think you did not agree with any decision taken here, you can surely appeal it by Email either to any of the Moderators here or even the Super-Moderators, instead of coming here to stir up something.. I have nothing personal against you or anyone on this forum. And in future, we don't have "Cronies" or "Gangs" here. I have been banned in this forum too. Many people have also been banned in this forum... So please let us keep the discussion to the normal topics. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Hajj M, the matter is closed and consigned to history.
But l dont understand why you have to add the last paragraph in your post? Dont stir up the matter again please

It is said that "Do unto others, as you would expect others to do unto you".
Did you PM me, to express your dissatisfaction with my own response, before wielding the big stick, with a ban?
Is it right to punish someone, without giving them the opportunity to "defend" their position?
You even "deleted" my post in question.

All did was ask a question (from the owner of the thread) and you insulted me over it... then you ban me for "calling you out" on that,...without even a warning!

If you ask me, l will say EVERYONE is entitled to a "fair hearing" before punishment and the Moderators/Super Mods should always PM the "offender" and demand for a response on why they should not be banned for x,y,z offense.

No one should be the "accuser and executioner"..... at the same time!
Absolute power they say corrupts absolutely.

We cant all sleep, with heads in the same direction,..... people must offer differing opinions, but in a polite manner.
Just imagine if a Policeman is given the authority to shoot and Kill any one ......accused of any offense the Policeman does not like? shocked shocked
Why are people protesting police brutality in Baltimore, if such thing is right?

Like you said, we are all here to learn thus, l am saying the above in a "General Sense" for learning purposes and going forward, who knows, if l wanted to be a Mod, l would have been one since l have been PM'ed to do so a number of times in the Previous years.

Let us allow Bygones, to be Bygones....
matter is closed and No beef! Its all about buildings.

Peace!

@Spyder!
Its a shame you dont work around Lagos and the South West, your dedication to excellence would have benefitted us more.
one thing l learned on this thread, amongst other things, is that Aluminium Frame you used to cover-up those Pipes!
The amount of beauty it has added to that house, is unquantifiable!
I wish l had that idea some 20yrs ago! ... though l stole it of recent, in a current development! grin undecided
I also noticed that you changed the color-combination of the Wardrobe (not combining two shades of Plywood as initially set out). I was happy when you did that as the colors now blends with that of the bedroom.
You are too much for only that side!
God will continue to strengthen you.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 3:39am On May 12, 2015
Mr. spyder880, still waiting on "aluminium parapet" abeg. Is it in the market yet?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:18am On May 12, 2015
lastpage:

Hajj M, the matter is closed and consigned to history.
But l dont understand why you have to add the last paragraph in your post? Dont stir up the matter again please
Lastpage!

You said the matter is closed and you are ranting for a whole full page...
We are talking about Properties Forum, you are talking about Police killing in Baltimore... Please!!
If it's shouting matches you want, sorry to disappoint you... I cannot shout and you won't lure me into that.
If you still want to rant more... please send them to my email.. Please no more in this forum.
Thank you sir.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by hamatime: 11:04am On May 12, 2015
Empiree:
It is called "Metcopo". Visit the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1791485/making-port-harcourt-castle/17#27404498

Thanks @Empiree.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lastpage: 3:41pm On May 12, 2015
mufutau55:

You said the matter is closed and you are ranting for a whole full page...
We are talking about Properties Forum, you are talking about Police killing in Baltimore... Please!!
If it's shouting matches you want, sorry to disappoint you... I cannot shout and you won't lure me into that.
If you still want to rant more... please send them to my email.. Please no more in this forum.
Thank you sir.

Hajji M.

Yes, the matter is CLOSED as far as l am concerned.
...and I will not dignify your "whining-outburst" with a reply since its not about "Property".
angry
Read my signature! wink

Lastpage!

BTW: Did you, once again, FORGOT to use the "P.M" option that you suggested? shocked shocked grin grin wink

"those who offer advice must first demonstrate they are capable of taking that advice, themselves".

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by bugmenot: 1:58pm On May 21, 2015
spyder880:
Electrical armoured cable to be buried in the ground before the laying of interlocking stones. ....

Oga Spyder,

How many mm is the armoured cable you used? Do you remember how much you paid for each meter?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Alwaysareward: 5:42pm On May 22, 2015
bugmenot:

Oga Spyder,

How many mm is the armoured cable you used? Do you remember how much you paid for each meter?
oga spyder, bugmenot,Invertedhammer,sophy17, mank1234 and all ogas who have been our source of inspiration in this thread, THANK YOU.
Can you please enlighten me on this based on your knowledge/estimates. 1. I understand that this will depend on the house measurements, however (Aproximately) How many blocks do i need from foundation to DPC/German floor of a 5 bedroom duplex (3 rooms up/two rooms down). 2 How many blocks can take it from DPC to lintel level before Decking. Remeber many of us are learning from you, and will pass on this knowledge to others.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mank1234(m): 10:45am On May 23, 2015
http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2010/09/how-to-calculate-numbers-of-blocks-from-a-building-plan/

Alwaysareward:

oga spyder, bugmenot,Invertedhammer,sophy17, mank1234 and all ogas who have been our source of inspiration in this thread, THANK YOU.
Can you please enlighten me on this based on your knowledge/estimates. 1. I understand that this will depend on the house measurements, however (Aproximately) How many blocks do i need from foundation to DPC/German floor of a 5 bedroom duplex (3 rooms up/two rooms down). 2 How many blocks can take it from DPC to lintel level before Decking. Remeber many of us are learning from you, and will pass on this knowledge to others.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Qc1(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2015
hamatime:
Do any heard about Motrocopo step tiles? A roofer told me that it's the new roofing sheet in town.
^^^
You mean Metcoppo ?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
Qc1:

^^^
You mean Metcoppo ?

He is wrong, this is the newest roofing sheets in town. ...... http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by cleric(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2015
spyder880:

He is wrong, this is the newest roofing sheets in town. ...... http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

I really like what I saw but the price is lipsrsealed . And I wonder the distance between the purlins to be used i.e. is it going to be same as a long span or shorter distances? And truth be told, how many of our carpenters knows how to fix these?

@ spyder, I would love to see a pix of a roof it was used for?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2015
cleric:

I really like what I saw but the price is lipsrsealed . And I wonder the distance between the purlins to be used i.e. is it going to be same as a long span or shorter distances? And truth be told, how many of our carpenters knows how to fix these?
@ spyder, I would love to see a pix of a roof it was used for?

Oga Cleric, I agree with you 1000% on the price... and all the other thing mentioned.
Being a while... how you been?

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 3:59pm On May 23, 2015
spyder880:

This looks good too but I am concerned about "test of time" in Nigeria hot weather. I hope it doesnt melt off. Dont know how strong/thickness it is though.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by cleric(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2015
mufutau55:

Oga Cleric, I agree with you 1000% on the price... and all the other thing mentioned.
Being a while... how you been?

Hajji M.

Oga, I am good sir. We need to talk as regarding my interest at that y our end. I asked after you in 2 or more posts before I modified them.

As for the roof, I don't think the argument that the water is drinkable will hold water in Nigeria. Reason being that how many people who will live in a house with such an expensive roof will drink the rain water? Most will depend on bottled water from water dispensers, or treated water from boreholes. However, if the price is competitive, I don't mind using it. For now though, I am thinking of the Metcoppo.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by iykmon: 10:45am On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=spyder880 post=25330575]J

Oga spyder i hail ooooh.

please waht is the present cost of cutix cables,
1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
16mm.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=iykmon post=35277113][/quote]

Not very sure, except for 1.5mm which is sold at N3900.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by iykmon: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Many thank Sir

spyder880:

Not very sure, except for 1.5mm which is sold at N3900.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by nice2000: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nice work of you Mr spyder
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
nice2000:
Nice work of you Mr spyder

Thank you Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Qc1(m): 6:56am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Qc1(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by joecooper(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2015
With as low as N89,999 you can secure your Home, Office, Schools, Hotels, Business with CCTV cameras.
Simplify life with solution of multiple option. Get 4 cameras,DVR full Recording, Installation, free surge extension, Options of replacing one camera to spy camera also activate mobile monitoring on you mobile devices anywhere in the world .......
All this with as low as you can imagine and still enjoy one year warranty on the products.

Simplicity at its peak!

Other packages also available..

Jacore Technology Industries
08090455551, WhatsApp 08039214367

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 3:21am On Jul 23, 2015
joecooper, for 89k, how many channels that covers (that can buy)?.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by joecooper(m): 7:02am On Jul 29, 2015
4 channel, free surge extension, 500gb Hdd for storage, and free installation
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by joecooper(m): 7:02am On Jul 29, 2015
4 channel, free surge extension, 500gb Hdd for storage, and free installation @Empiree
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by divad9two5(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Greetings distinguished ladies & gentlemen, first of all, let me apologise in advance for derailing this thread. I really do need the input and comments of professionals in the house.

I am currently involved in building 3 units of 3 bedroom flat on about a plot around eneka, Phc. We are currently completing the block work on the first decking. Although the builder has been responsible for paying for labour/supervision, materials, i have been really uneasy about the cost of labour and materials.

The builder claims that the high cost is due to the bad road network to the site and cost of materials especially in port harcourt. The fact that I have been away from the state for so long has also not helped.

So far, the building has gulped over 7mil (including labour, materials and supervision fees). The breakdown is shown below;
1. Substructure/foundation = 2, 100, 000
2. Block work to lintel = 1, 600, 000
3. 1st Deck = 2, 100, 000
4. 1st storey block work to lintel = 1, 550, 000
5. Electrical and plumbing pipes (ground floor and 1st floor) = 210, 000.

Grateful, if anyone with the port harcourt experience can be of assistance, cause the builder is insisting on 2.1m and 1.5m for the next decking and block work to lintel respectively.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
What is the total area in sq mts for the whole buildings?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
gabbytabby:

such thing dey annoy person especially when it is totally unecessary. When you are far away youjusttake a deep breath and exhale to let off steam. See if you tell that you will get someone who will do what you want and csn afford if he will stop.

I went through this with architects on this forum.

No offense to them but clients, like me, sometimes knows what we want. I had to go through a few of them before I found someone who will see my ideas and then work with me into incorporating them into what will work in Nigeria.

Another architect lambasted my plan, without even seeing it, and offered to do something that should work for me. Imagine that! He already has formed an opinion on what I should like and no cares about what I want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.