Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (166016 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
mufutau55: Oga Spyder.. can this Main Building and the Gate House fit on plot of land 60x120ft?
If so, will there be some space left for car parks? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

60x120? Just forget the gate house if you plan to have good setbacks from the fence. It might not work. This present compound is about 80x150 ft.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Following and still enjoying it . . . Dem never catch any bush meat?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
spyder880:

60x120? Just forget the gate house if you plan to have good setbacks from the fence. It might not work. This present compound is about 80x150 ft.

Thank you very much, just checking, the gate house may not be required anyway.
So two plots of the above 120x120ft will be perfect then with the gate house, of which I do have couple.
I will surely be monitoring this project for personal interest. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fhemmmy: Following and still enjoying it . . . Dem never catch any bush meat?

The first bush meat is in the bag!
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
spyder880:

And no pix of it, you no do us well oh
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
spyder880:

If there is another gate at the back, would that mean another gatehouse there, and more human power to secure the building/compound?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:

If there is another gate at the back, would that mean another gatehouse there, and more human power to secure the building/compound?

I was thinking the same.. May be we need to see the plan layout on how the buildings are situated.
This is a very good project.. I was thinking if I am gonna use two plots on this building I should be able to add some
other small building(s) on the land..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
mufutau55:

I was thinking the same.. May be we need to see the plan layout on how the buildings are situated.
This is a very good project.. I was thinking if I am gonna use two plots on this building I should be able to add some
other small building(s) on the land..

Hajji Mufutau

With Chief Spyder's way of looking at it, seems like 2 plot is not even needed oh . . .
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
spyder880:
No doubt about that, this house has a good plan, at the back is another entrance that looks like the front, with its own long line of car parks, another flight of stairs where you can enter from. The compound will have 2 gates.

Chairman, my belle dey sweet me now.

If I can understand you, the official layout plan has instead a provision for a road immediately at the back of the site. If that is the case, the arrangement at the back has gone a long way to compensate in no small way. No tenant will feel boxed in.

Bedank (thanks) as we say in Dutch
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gbadexy(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
spyder880:

Picture grin
spyder880:

Picture
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:

With Chief Spyder's way of looking at it, seems like 2 plot is not even needed oh . . .

Yes. Without the Gate House, but with the Gate House you need more than one plot.. So, I am saying if I use two plots, I should be able to add more buildings including the Gate House just to maximize the land usage, I will hate to waste un-necessary land space.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
mufutau55:

Yes. Without the Gate House, but with the Gate House you need more than one plot.. So, I am saying if I use two plots, I should be able to add more buildings including the Gate House just to maximize the land usage, I will hate to waste un-necessary land space.

Hajji Mufutau

Very well said.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Demainman1: 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Oga Fhemmmy and Hajji, I dey really enjoy this una interactions for class today o. E dey make the lecture sweet well well cheesy

I will not fail to remember all the points being analysed by you guys come the 1st semester exams grin.

E show say una be 'eficos' be dat o.

Thanks for your inputs. I am following this one keenly.

My only question is, Why are the two buildings joined together? Won't this setting affect ventilation for the 2-story building?

I hope my question make sense o
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
^^^ Chairman at the Top, i hail oh
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Demain_man:
My only question is, Why are the two buildings joined together? Won't this setting affect ventilation for the 2-story building?

Demain_man, this is a very good question... ventilation is a very serious requirement in our Naija environments, especially without electricity
to cool down the house like Obodo-Oyinbo. But I am sure Oga Spyder will have this covered and respond later. We all dey learn oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by rotecch77(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
The fist time I will join most educ" class about building on nairaland (although I'm on d section b4)pls don't do 1st come 1st serve o as I came late.I'm ready to learn fully.....,any vacan" seat for me ,my Ogas?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gabbytabby: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Demain_man: Oga Fhemmmy and Hajji, I dey really enjoy this una interactions for class today o. E dey make the lecture sweet well well cheesy

I will not fail to remember all the points being analysed by you guys come the 1st semester exams grin.

E show say una be 'eficos' be dat o.

Thanks for your inputs. I am following this one keenly.

That was my first thought when I looked at it from the front. Its more whether it was the optimum plan when you look at the ventilation issue. I was on my way out so it was more a minute look. But then being 80ft on one side might mean its the optimum for that piece of land.

A 120ft by 120ft land will give different options. One of the plans that I have for this has 12 two beds units 6 down and 6 up.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gbadexy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Prof spyder,
I can see that this land is a dry land so you won't have water problem.
But if you need to densify a concrete or consolidate a loose powdery plaster or masonry material, I can formulate a modified silicate primer to make it less porous or a mineral paint that would make it breathable.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:23am On Jan 10, 2014
Oga Spyder. Can you please post the 3D of the Gate House too? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by rakumiii(m): 6:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Syper.... Nice project to begin the New Year. Can you include the Architects who designed the building in your initial posting?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by rotecch77(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2014
Goodmorning class,I come early o o,pls class capt take note
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2014
kostadinis:

I am not an expert like you. However, I thought this one has more to gain in a corner piece as the affluent tenants will have a better view of their surrounding. I thought they will very much cherish that. It's alright. Just my thinking

@Kostadinis
Just me being curious. Since this is not a cornerpiece, what would be your design options for same size of plot as this one...As in how do you propose to achieve same number of flats in a similat plot. It will be interesting to know your thoughts on it.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kkonsults: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2014
Oga Spyder, more Grease to your Elbow.

K
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2014
kostadinis:

Chairman, my belle dey sweet me now.

If I can understand you, the official layout plan has instead a provision for a road immediately at the back of the site. If that is the case, the arrangement at the back has gone a long way to compensate in no small way. No tenant will feel boxed in.

Bedank (thanks) as we say in Dutch

Looking at the initial pictures posted by Spyder, there cannot be another road at the back of the site cos sorrounding plots are fully built up. I suspect thatb what he means are that there would be two gates (left and right) into the plot. If he shows us the site layout, we will understand this better.

We also need to see the floor drawings to understand the ventilation issues better. I remember Op saying there is a void somewhere in the complex. maybe this is designed to help ventilation.

@Spyder please help us provide insight on these issues.......

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2014
Sorry for the lack of response or updates, the network was very poor yesterday, more updates today, I will show a copy of the site plan layout so we can talk more about it, plus many pictures of work progress, and...... The bush meat grin

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Rickyolu(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2014
Well done oga Spyder. Will be following silently as usual....
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by janykute: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Well done Spyder,What a great way to start the new year.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by ejikesbm: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2014
nice architectural design you have got there, its awesome.#

here is my own piece of work
two set of four storey building, each containing ten ( four bedroom flat)
all rooms re ensuit
large space of masters bedroom and all flats has a family lounge.
cal bldr ibeme julian on
bb pin 23b57eeb

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by obinnakenedo(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2014
brickwall Global Investment Ltd.
we have landed properties in our Estate at Igbesa town, same town where the China free Trade Zone is situated, after Agbara. Santa Florida VIP 500k. Green Gate VIP 1m. Igbesa II 750k. Instalmental payment for 6 months and 12 months is allowed. A global C of O will be issued to you free of charge. Site inspections are Saturdays and Sundays. Weekly inspections is allowed, but you have to come to our office : Brickwall Global investments ltd, Emmano Opp Sokoto Plaza, Balogun-Trade Fair. Under bridge Ojo. Staff bus are available for our site inspection. Contact Chris : 08185105562. BB PIN: 30caf504
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by btk9million: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2014
Quality stone coated roofing sheets at very affordable prices starting from =N=2000

et All Grade A Stone Coated Roof Tiles at very affordable price

( all Imported from Korea and carries our Brand)

Bond Tiles- for just =N=2000 per Sqm

Shingle Tiles for just =N= 2600 per sqm

Roman Tiles/ Milano for just =N=2600 per sqm

All available in different colours

ACCESSORIES PRICE LIST

Ridge cap-1,300 naira

B.B.C-1,400 naira

Valley gutter(coated)-1,400 naira

Side cap-1,300 naira

Facial board-1,400 naira

Treated nails -1,100naira

Repair kit-5000 naira

Installation by certified installer- 200 naira msq

DELIVERY OF ROOF MATERIAL IS NATIONWIDE

Call Tunde on 07035657723, BB Pin 25DC3C6F....for more enquiries visit https://www.nairaland.com/1507095/how-much-roofing-sheets-nigeria

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by morgist(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Woow am reporting to class late as usual. Oga spider thanks for sharing this memorable project with us here in the house. looking forward to the successfull completion of this project just before the 180days lifetime of it. the 3D pictures of the luxury blocks wets my appetite.

I pray god will guide you through out this project and may 2014 be more productive than 2013.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.