Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. (3427 Views)

Olu Falae Kidnapped, Pay N100m Ransom Within 24 Hrs, Abductors Tells Family / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Senators And Reps To Resolve Ongoing Crisis Between Labour & FG In 24 hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by promisechild(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wow! 24hrs light without interrupting it supply in Abuja(kubwa) was also in osogbo lastmonth and their light is wow! To Gej is working
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by validplanet: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
hotwax:

Must we lie that we have electricity in order not to offend Jonathan people?

Come to Lagos. Ogba, Agege, Ikeja, Mushin. No electricity.

Please dont use us for politics. ELectriciy is not what you can hide. You can visit these areas.

am i the only one living in umuahia town here?

i have never seen power supply like this in nigeria. we are happy.
one of friends that owns a shops was so happy. we made a little calculation on it. he spends =N=300 every night on fuel for his generator. if the power supply continues to be steady as it is now, he wld save =N=300 every day. and that wld save him =N=109,500 in 365 days.

he asked me " Is it easy for somebody to give you =N=109,500?" Why won't he support Goodluck Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by FNG3: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
just moved to ojo L.G.A.we enjoy about 18/24hrs of electricity at maximum
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by odizeey(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
FNG3: just moved to ojo L.G.A.we enjoy about 18/24hrs of electricity at maximum
which part for ojo
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by enm(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
I no understand the insult flying all over this thread. Because you are not having up to one hour supply in your area does not mean some area are not enjoying up to 20 hour uninterrupted power supply in this lagos.

The op ask us to post about our area not insult or refuting his claim.

@op in my place in lagos which is olaniyi area poposola and some other part of new oko oba we are witnessing improve power supply though they are still rationing it two days on one day off due to incapacity of the exchange point to supply the whole area at once continuously but those two day there is a very sharp difference from the past .

Na my own two cent be that and if you must refute my claim do so with the truth not follow follow madness
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by Ikengawo: 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
validplanet:

am i the only one living in umuahia town here?

i have never seen power supply like this in nigeria. we are happy.
one of friends that owns a shops was so happy. we made a little calculation on it. he spends =N=300 every night on fuel for his generator. if the power supply continues to be steady as it is now, he wld save =N=300 every day. and that wld save him =N=109,500 in 365 days.

he asked me " Is it easy for somebody to give you =N=109,500?" Why won't he support Goodluck Jonathan?

Abia and rivers both announced last year that upon privatization they will have close to 24 hours of light. Under the old structure, power was like oil where some states produced it but couldn't enjoy themselves because they had to share it with the underproductive states

Barth Nnaji before becoming a minister, and Theodore Orji worked hard to make sure Abia had power. Abia also developed an IPP.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by FNG3: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
odizeey: which part for ojo
very close to the ojo barracks cantonment
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by validplanet: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

Abia and rivers both announced last year that upon privatization they will have close to 24 hours of light. Under the old structure, power was like oil where some states produced it but couldn't enjoy themselves because they had to share it with the underproductive states

Barth Nnaji before becoming a minister, and Theodore Orji worked hard to make sure Abia had power. Abia also developed an IPP.

God bless TA Orji
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by odizeey(m): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
enm: I no understand the insult flying all over this thread. Because you are not having up to one hour supply in your area does not mean some area are not enjoying up to 20 hour uninterrupted power supply in this lagos.

The op ask us to post about our area not insult or refuting his claim.

@op in my place in lagos which is olaniyi area poposola and some other part of new oko oba we are witnessing improve power supply though they are still rationing it two days on one day off due to incapacity of the exchange point to supply the whole area at once continuously but those two day there is a very sharp difference from the past .

Na my own two cent be that and if you must refute my claim do so with the truth not follow follow madness
u no knw hw e dey pain wen oda ppl get lite n u no get. Oda places wen no get lite,no b d same naija? If lite no dey some places n e dey odas den no lite at all,n no improvement. Simple
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by odizeey(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
FNG3:
very close to the ojo barracks cantonment
na army syd na,u want mk dem beat dem die?
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by ignis: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fake and unconfirmed report.
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by stelaar(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
I don't know about lagos...but in Abuja we had light for 3days straight, power went off for about 3hours and came back, till now am still in shock...I want to believe its probably a new year short gift as I live every minute in fear wondering what is going on

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by wolex200980: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
sova: Since the privatisation of PHCN, many had fault the move by the present administration but the fact remain thus that many lagosians especially residence of mushin can now bost of 20-24 hours uninterupted power supply.
Could this be the same in your arear? share ur view
thunder fire you for lying like cockroach. In Alimosho LGA PHCN light nah nightmare,we hope 2015 is nextwk.ALIMOSHO EGILIBLE VOTE IS MORE BAYELSA. VOTE
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by enm(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
odizeey: u no knw hw e dey pain wen oda ppl get lite n u no get. Oda places wen no get lite,no b d same naija? If lite no dey some places n e dey odas den no lite at all,n no improvement. Simple

K but that does not warrant us to insult the op. We should be civil towards one another even if are of different opinion.

To have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply I will advice us to be patience. Forget government promises and declaration and let face reality we can not have 24hrs power supply all over the country because infrastructure wise are more than ten years behind and don't forget we don't manufacture any of the equipment and tools needed to make sure we have 24hrs power supply in the country.

Even though its not what we expected the government have tried in shoring up the generation capability of the country, erecting transmission station across the nation and privatisation of the sector but more still need to be done most especially in the area of exchange point and transformers.

One thing I will also like us to take note is that, this is a new era, power business has been handover to the private sector but unfortunately we still have most of the unproductive workforce of then PHCN working for this private business so don't expect any improvement in your area if you don't go out to knock on their office door to lay your complain because most often time poor power supply or non availability of it is due to faulty transformers fault on exchange point but due to I don't care attitude and greed they will just sit in their office waiting for their pay check at the end of the month.

I know it not easy but let continue to keep faith at the same time facing reality
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by odizeey(m): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
mr enm,for me dey have gone from bad to worse,no improvement,cos i dnt enjoy anythn,no lite at all,odas can commend,but me i will condemn,wat am i commending,onli midnite lite? Na naija naim all of us dey o,so i see no reason y d lite will not b uniform. Dey will gv d popular places lite n leave odas so dey can clap for dem
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by musiwa112: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
GEJ has finally recruited more men into his laptop crew. We are watching.
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by boladez(m): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2014
Electricity supply in ikeja is bad with about 4 hrs a day. So annoying I have renewed the contract with diesel suppliers.

I spoke with a senior official of the ikeja disco, they claim the problem is from the generation and transmission side. Heavy load shedding.

On a separate note, the govt has tackled the perennial year end fuel shortage. But electricity.......fail f9
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by texazzpete(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2014
I never knew Lekki wasn't a part of Lagos.

Power situation there is abysmal. Shame on the Lagos State Government!
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by lincolnj88: 9:03am On Jan 08, 2014
gulfer: Are you talking about the moonlight, or the generator powered lighting made available by your brothers who came to celebrate Chrismas and New Year? The newspapers would have been awash with the story had it been true.
grin kai una go kill person oh
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by validplanet: 9:07am On Jan 08, 2014
gulfer: Are you talking about the moonlight, or the generator powered lighting made available by your brothers who came to celebrate Chrismas and New Year? The newspapers would have been awash with the story had it been true.

the story is true and confirmed. maybe gej is not doing enough to publicize his achievements.
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by step1: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2014
That's a lie from hell.
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by step1: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2014
texazzpete: I never knew Lekki wasn't a part of Lagos.

Power situation there is abysmal. Shame on the Lagos State Government!

A state is not meant to provie electricity for you but rather the FG/private investors now
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by texazzpete(m): 9:21am On Jan 08, 2014
step1:

A state is not meant to provie electricity for you but rather the FG/private investors now

Then can the Lagos State Govt and their agents on Nairaland stop beating their chests about their massive strides in internally generated power?

Can they work with the FG to improve electricity distribution networks? Power situation in Lekki is a joke!
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by step1: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
texazzpete:

Then can the Lagos State Govt and their agents on Nairaland stop beating their chests about their massive strides in internally generated power?

Can they work with the FG to improve electricity distribution networks? Power situation in Lekki is a joke!

Very correct sir !
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by Ikengawo: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
APC is a lie lie party. PDP supporters like them or not will tell you the Nigerian government is bad. APC will tell you that the APC portions of Nigeria are dubai and everywhere else is bad. A very disingenuous mentality towards the betterment of the nation
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by ba7man(m): 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
texazzpete:

The power generated by Lagos State is used to power public State Buildings and streetlights.

That's why the Streetlights in Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, Ikorodu road, Maryland Etc stay on constantly at night regardless of what NEPA does.

The State Govt is already playing their part, its up to the buyers of the DISCOs to play theirs.

PS: I typed this post in darkness.
Re: Lagosians Finally Experience 24 Hrs Power Supply. by ba7man(m): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ikengawo: APC is a lie lie party. PDP supporters like them or not will tell you the Nigerian government is bad. APC will tell you that the APC portions of Nigeria are dubai and everywhere else is bad. A very disingenuous mentality towards the betterment of the nation
That's a bloody lie about PDP supporters.

They'll go to any length to defend PDP politicians and tell you "Power Situation has been fixed (even though they're in darkness)"..........."There's transformation in the aviation sector (even though safety practices are ignored and planes are crashing and tires falling off)".........etc

You're one of them so i shouldn't expect anything less from you.

If you have pics or information you want to share about "everywhere else", please do.

Tinubu as Governor banned street trading, illegal bustops and molues from plying this route. Look at it today.

Share yours if you have.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan's Government Wants To Destabilize Kano / ENDTIME Is Here See As Pastor Makes His Members Suck His Pe*is In Church / DSS Should Keep A Tab On Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.