Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) (15398 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Uk Visa Application Mistake / For UK Visa: Brother Marries Own Blood Sister In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2014
I am an advocate of cashless society so was delighted when uk visa application fee was moved to online platform. I called up a few friends in Sterling bank to find out how they are coping with the new system (Sterling bank provided teller implant for UK immigration for a very long time). When the time came to help a friend pay for visa renewal, i eagerly selected verve (powered by mypaga) as my preferred payment option, entered my card details and waited for payment to be processed. After 1 minute of waiting, an internal server error was returned informing me that payment could not be completed. My account, unfortunately, was debited. I quickly called my bank and was informed that payment was approved from their end, i called interswitch (the switching company) and was informed that payment was approved from their end too. I called mypaga (solution provider) and was advised to write the embassy for a refund, TAT is 5-7 working days. At first, i thought the lady was joking when she referred me to the embassy because payment did not get to them and if they can't find the amount i tried to pay in their books, they can only refer my case back to mypaga for resolution. I called everybody i know in the payment industry to get a refund as soon as possible but all i got was "it was approved from our end" or "we will wait for feedback from our partners in the embassy" (that came from mypaga team). Its over 24 hours, i don't have N73,440 deducted from my account nor a feedback from mypaga acknowledging a failed transaction. Let me point out that the new system is still in BETA stage and teething problems are expected. What i found unbelievable is the lack of process flow for managing failed payment attempt(s), particularly from mypaga. Presently, my friend had to borrow and he is too scared to attempt payment online. I don't know how long it will take to get the money back and i have absolutely no feedback from the embassy, mypaga and interswitch; just a holding response. So, if you are about to pay for uk visa application online, may i suggest you have enough funds to attempt payment as many times as it takes to go through. Let us do things right!
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by bigtt76(f): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2014
While it may sound as if the system is not functional (not a mouth piece for MyPaga or any other), I think its the norm that they referred you to the merchant (UK Embassy) for a refund.

While this is so is as follows

There are three parties involved here - The Application Owner (UK High Commission), The Payment Aggregator (Mypaga) and Card Processor (Interswitch). All the Application Owner expects here is the notification that payment has been effected while the Payment Aggregator provides the payment channel to the Application Owner. Lastly the Card Processor facilitates the payment using card issued by them or licensee.

In your own case, the issue here is that the Application Owner did not get payment notification from the Payment Aggregator probably as a result of network or application failure. The Payment Aggregator and Card Processor cannot reverse your transaction except with the authorization of the merchant. This is to prevent cases of fraud whereby an applicant gets value for payment and turns around to claim back his/her money.

Major card issuers insist on a maximum of 45 days before such reversal is made if no claims from the merchant. It is much faster if you get a reversal authorization from the Merchant directly and refer same to the Payment Aggregator/ Card Processor.

Nor vex ya ...Naija still de try but it happens everwhere!
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 11:03am On Jan 07, 2014
I don vex finish, wetin i fit do? My friend is in one of the visa centers, to avoid a repeat he contracted some guys upstairs to help with the processing for a fee. I don't think the embassy is the merchant in this case ( i may be wrong and i stand corrected if so) and i hope the number of processors in between won't harm the process. This post is to enlighten potential users.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
I forgot to point out that my paga will insist and continuously include in every correspondence that payment was successfully processed. You will be asked to provide the POS reference number (check the debit details in your account) for them to escalate to their "partners" for refund. Imagine you an applicant with an internal server error page as your only evidence of an attempt to pay being told that " we've been able to confirm that transaction was processed successfully". I don't doubt that back end payment was captured as successful, but informing me that it was successfully processed before you promise an escalation makes me scared. In plain English, my paga is telling me that even though i have an internal server error page, they have evidence that payment was processed successfully but their partners can get me a refund. What will the partners say? I honestly don't know! May God come to my aid.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by DisGuy: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
so much hassle running from pillar to post, the customer should not be left to do the calling around

never had issues using card online, but i doubt i know who the aggregators,switching, yada yoda is, the problem should be seen through by anyone of them
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dis Guy: so much hassle running from pillar to post, the customer should not be left to do the calling around
never had issues using card online, but i doubt i know who the aggregators,switching, yada yoda is, there problem should be seen through by anyone of them

Exactly. The key ingredient in customer service was totally neglected; taking ownership. If a service provider will refer a customer to their partner, then the service provider should erase his/her logo from the portal and remain anonymous. That way users will turn to the right party when errors occur.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2014
And my bitter experience continues. This morning (after 48 hours), the switching company replied that payment was successful. Who will take responsibility and process refunds on my behalf? The only word i have is our "partner". How comforting can that be!
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
If you have successfully paid for visa application using the new system please indicate the card you used.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 9:57am On Jan 09, 2014
Cruise-z:
If you have successfully paid for visa application using the new system please indicate the card you used.
Anybody?
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by olatunok: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
Cruise-z:
Zenith Bank Naira Master Card
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Cruisez: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Refunds was finally processed today. I pray the system improves when next i want to pay for an application since no alternative other than online payment is offered.

olatunok:
Zenith Bank Naira Master Card

Good to know you were able to pay using master debit card.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by blank(f): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2014
Cruise-z:

I used Diamond bank visa card.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by blank(f): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Cruise-z:
Refunds was finally processed today. I pray the system improves when next i want to pay for an application since no alternative other than online payment is offered.

Good to know you were able to pay using master debit card.

How was it done? Did you finally meet the "partners" or Mypaga processed for you.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by suxes2005(m): 3:15am On Jul 12, 2014
blank:

How was it done? Did you finally meet the "partners" or Mypaga processed for you.

This shii just happened to me now.

Trued paying for two people. First was successful second was error and now debited.

What do I do now?
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by blank(f): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
suxes2005:

This shii just happened to me now.

Trued paying for two people. First was successful second was error and now debited.

What do I do now?

I don't know. Ask Cruisez, it happened to him before.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by suxes2005(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
blank:

I don't know. Ask Cruises, it happened to him before.

Sorry I quoted you earlier.

Yeah I guess he'll read this and reply soon.

Thanks
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by shelly23: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
The best way to do this without issues is to go to www.mypaga.com and register as a customer, then put the money in your Paga account and then go to the uk visa site and pay value in your Paga account. My husband did it and it worked (someone that works for Paga suggested it to him).

Paga has transaction limits for new customers, so to put money in your account, do an online transfer to Paga's account (you have to send a notification SMS to Paga after) or look for an agent (all Medplus Pharmacies and Chicken Republic Maryland are agents) and pay cash into your account.

It sounds tedious, but it'll save you the stress of having card issues. My husband has paid for like 5 people (our neighbours) now without any issues.

Just call Paga's customer service if you're not sure of any of the steps, they were very helpful to my husband.

1 Like

Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by esosa4real(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2014
shelly23: The best way to do this without issues is to go to www.mypaga.com and register as a customer, then put the money in your Paga account and then go to the uk visa site and pay value in your Paga account. My husband did it and it worked (someone that works for Paga suggested it to him).
Paga has transaction limits for new customers, so to put money in your account, do an online transfer to Paga's account (you have to send a notification SMS to Paga after) or look for an agent (all Medplus Pharmacies and Chicken Republic Maryland are agents) and pay cash into your account.
It sounds tedious, but it'll save you the stress of having card issues. My husband has paid for like 5 people (our neighbours) now without any issues.
Just call Paga's customer service if you're not sure of any of the steps, they were very helpful to my husband.

Hello Shelly,i have registered in mypaga.com but cant deposit with my card. Please are the agents reliable? and how long doe sit take as i plan to employ that method,
Lastly how much is the exact general visitor visa fee in naira? Thanks.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by suxes2005(m): 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
esosa4real:

Hello Shelly,i have registered in mypaga.com but cant deposit with my card. Please are the agents reliable? and how long doe sit take as i plan to employ that method,
Lastly how much is the exact general visitor visa fee in naira? Thanks.

These information available for you online.

Register on mypaga, call their customer care, transfer the
funds to their account, call to confirm the transfer and your
account will be credited.

Visa fee is right there on the UK visa page! You dont know
the price and you're trying to fund your account!

~ Sheyi
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by esosa4real(m): 12:34am On Dec 13, 2014
Abeg keep calm joor! Thanks 4 d info, but don even go d UK come back!
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by suxes2005(m): 7:15am On Dec 13, 2014
esosa4real:
Abeg keep calm joor! Thanks 4 d info, but don even go d UK come back!

LOL. How was your trip? Where and where did you visit?

~ Sheyi
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by esosa4real(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
suxes2005:

LOL. How was your trip? Where and where did you visit?

~ Sheyi

SORRY 4 LATE REPLY
My trip was wonderful, arrived thru manchester, then attended my conference in norwich, then back to manchy where I visited various sites like picadilly, media city, old trafford etc.

Travelled to London but spent only a day cos heard it's an expensive place. Had a tour of the Victoria area (buchinkgham palace, tower etc)..

I travelled also to leciester and Birmingham to see relatives......broda I waka oo..(even visited Brazil last month).........can't wait 2 visit UK nextyear, am considering the 2year renewal visa self, what do u think?
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by suxes2005(m): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2014
esosa4real:

SORRY 4 LATE REPLY
My trip was wonderful, arrived thru manchester, then attended my conference in norwich, then back to manchy where I visited various sites like picadilly, media city, old trafford etc.

Travelled to London but spent only a day cos heard it's an expensive place. Had a tour of the Victoria area (buchinkgham palace, tower etc)..

I travelled also to leciester and Birmingham to see relatives......broda I waka oo..(even visited Brazil last month).........can't wait 2 visit UK nextyear, am considering the 2year renewal visa self, what do u think?

I think you got the dough, so go for it smiley

Sheyi
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Hembelembe: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dsame problem I had when I did mine. Mine was #90,000naira since november this year, my hubby contacted a lawyer n d lawyer gave him a kinda follow up letter. My husband had submitted d letter n now it's on processing. Still waiting for their response
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Nawtiguy: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Hi,

I just had a rather unpleasant experience with the UKGOV portal for online application, while trying to pay with Nigerian debit cards, Access bank, GTBank to be precise, it was repeatedly unsuccessful.

I was then directed to some ''agents'' outside the application office in Ikeja Etiebets place, surprisingly their cards can work on the portal, I really dont understand why this is happening, its happened to some colleagues of mine at work also, they all had to use this so called ''agent''.

Now here the funny part, they claim their exchange rate is 257 Naira to a dollar, instead of the normal bank rate, they actually send you a fake SMS from their claimed bank. After this, they still ask for a service charge ( double rip off), I mean the rate is even higher than the black market rate as of today.

I think the Visa processing company working for the British embassy needs to answer some questions here,

1) Is there a problem with their portal that only certain bank cards can work.
2) They need to properly advertise these cards so we dont need to go through agents trying to rip us off
3) If there is a problem with their portal, then provide an alternative means of payment.
4) Are these agents working with the UkVisa processing firm in Ikeja. tey cannot claim to be unaware of what is happening, people must have lodged complaints about the difficulty of payment.

we didnt have this problem with the previous company handling UK visa services, I applied once before and it was quite smooth. I assume this should be an improvement but its really not.

I hope they do some thing about this before they ruin their reputation, I mean it leaves a foul taste in the mouth, I still hope to apply for myself and my family later when I can get a card that works, but be careful out there, everybody is trying to scam everybody or so it seems.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Opelope(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2015
Good morning ladies and gents - It has been ages.

Struggled with the visa payment all thru the weekend.

My GTB was a total fail tho - $300 limit - called the bank and customer service, kept saying they could not help.

Was able to pay using UBA Verve card today online at a rate of 245. UBA Visa works too.

I hope that helps someone.
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by Mabis: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Am in A Mess!
Thanks to nairaland forum for keeping it lively.., pls yesterday I paid for my visa application fee using access verve card BT to my surprise it was paga who sent me a message DAT my transaction as been successful BT this didn't reflect on my application page online.
Pls what can I do as I am running crazy here!
Re: Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) by diddy11(m): 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=olatunok post=20796390]
Zenith Bank Naira Master Card @olatunok kindly state if the payment you made for your UK visa with your zenith naira mastercard was above the $300 limit as I wish to pay above $300 for my UK visa . Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Australia Skilled Independent Visa / Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.