Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! (1046 Views)

Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers / New Scam Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! by ayogabriel(m): 10:31am On Jan 07, 2014
Hello everyone, I want to share the new way people are scammed, especially those of us that patronise online blogs and website. I visited nairaland and also tradestable.com.ng and I can't really recall which I got the contact from, I called the so called company, demanding if they can make delivery because this is not the first I am engaging in this nature of transaction , they told me I have to pay commitment fee, for what, they said to show am serious, on the advert they said there office is at ikeja, I told them I might not be able to do that. It is a simple transaction pay on delivery when did commitment fee come from. So I dumped them and search for another seller, and I couldn't get a good price. So I called them back asking how much the commitment fee was. The guy told me any amount I want, 5k or 10k. I told them 2k is all I can pay. #playing safe. The guy said its ok, he sent his account details and I transferred 2k to him. Few minutes he, called back saying his boss will like to talk to me, and said the 2k is too small, that I should pay more to show am serious. Lai lai, I told him, am sorry I can't pay more than that, I now asked him where is office was, he said badagry, # I don enter 1 chance. Well 2k, I can path with that. I told him that badagry is close to sango ota, he should send some one and money is not the problem to make the delivery. He insisted I pay more, then I told him I wasn't interested that I ll like my money to be returned. He asked me for my account number sent it and I didn't hear from him. I called him and he said I should come over to badagry and sign before they can release the money. The T fare is even more than what am collecting it. I told him recharge card he said he doesn't have time for sorts. To cut the story, I didn't get the 2k back. This to all who partronize oxl.com, tradestable, even nairaland, to be weary, this is the phone number of the people. 08030442047 and the account number. Adams Friday james 3076211394 first bank. Just incase my good people. Have a nice day.
Re: The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! by liloelawwal(m): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2014
In Obj's voice ''Nigeria we hail thee''
Re: The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! by badpeople: 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Bad people, this is not intellectual, it's a criminal act, not only stealing by trick offence also spoiling bussines for other genuine and good people, God go catch soon
Re: The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! by penthotoyi(m): 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
@op, let see if a scene can be played out. I live in Badagry and can easily go around to locate any visible address. If possible call them again to confirm their address in BDG and get back to me. my contact penthotoyi@gmail.com
Re: The New Scam Technique For Online Shoppers. BEWARE!!! by Hopeyem12(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ayogabriel tanks 4 the enlightenment. The same guy who claim to sell cheap data Ajibola Bode dupe my frd dis mrning with dis no 08166097774.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Supply Contract But Can't Execute. / Can Anyone Help Me With A Business Idea That I Can Start With Little Cash (100K) / Unity Bank Exposes Bad Debtors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.