Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Can They Co-exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can They Co-exist? (1624 Views)

Please Help Me Biko, Do Such Guys Still Exist?? / Does destiny exist in marriage? / Can Love, The Irrational And Thoughts, The Rational Co-exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can They Co-exist? by Emperoh(m): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
I was wondering,
Can Love and Lust Co-Exist in a relationaship
I know quite well that one can transmute to another,
But can there be, even if unequal, a relationship that u lust after your partner and yet be in love with the person
I only know about obsession and lust.
So what of love and lust?
Re: Can They Co-exist? by tope2000(f): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
lHell yah lust n love can co-exist in a relationship
Re: Can They Co-exist? by MissyB1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
let me keep ma eyes opend,I'm going to learn smtyn from this one
Re: Can They Co-exist? by Sxymiyayo: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2008
yes i think they do co exist.cos there are times u just look at your partner and then you be like wow, i have this breast and ass to myself?dats lust and then another way of feeling lucky and blessed.
Re: Can They Co-exist? by Emperoh(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2008
Sxymiyayo:

yes i think they do co exist.because there are times u just look at your partner and then you be like wow, i have this breast and ass to myself?that is lust and then another way of feeling lucky and blessed.
It then goes to say that appreciating her physical attributes is down right lustful huh shocked shocked shocked
Nwanne i beg to disagree
Re: Can They Co-exist? by Sxymiyayo: 12:08am On Aug 29, 2008
shocked Miss Emperoh or Mrs, with all due respect i will like you to understand thatl love is the affinity experienced btw 2 people who are naturally able and willing to tune into one another's emotional, intellectual, and physical states - and respond to them in a nurturing and a stimulating way. therefore love is a relationship. If Love is a relationship what is Lust? What is the difference between love and lust? lust has 2 different meanings: an 'eagerness to possess' and a 'strong sexual desire'. The two meanings are often confused. We are not concerned with possession, which is a feature of oppression. Like you, we're far more interested in sexual desire!

do you want to know more?holla back grin
Re: Can They Co-exist? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:27am On Aug 29, 2008
Yes, they can coexist.
Re: Can They Co-exist? by jgirl3: 1:10am On Aug 29, 2008
Very very well. It can and it DOES coexist. It's what creates confusion for a lot of people.
Re: Can They Co-exist? by iykedee: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2008
If you love somebody, you'll lust after the person.
Re: Can They Co-exist? by Emperoh(m): 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2008
Sxymiyayo:

shocked Miss Emperoh or Mrs, with all due respect i will like you to understand thatl love is the affinity experienced between 2 people who are naturally able and willing to tune into one another's emotional, intellectual, and physical states - and respond to them in a nurturing and a stimulating way. therefore love is a relationship. If Love is a relationship what is Lust? What is the difference between love and lust? lust has 2 different meanings: an 'eagerness to possess' and a 'strong sexual desire'. The two meanings are often confused. We are not concerned with possession, which is a feature of oppression. Like you, we're far more interested in sexual desire!

do you want to know more?holla back grin

First correction, I am a Mr. not a Miss or Mrs.
U only managed to define Love and Lust. But the issue of coexistence is still left pending
Much as i love to tell myself they can, i am forced to believe they can't because Lust is a lesser good to Love
Or are u saying that lust can be confused with passion
We are talking about 'Strong Sexual desire' here as u defined and not 'eagerness to posses'
Re: Can They Co-exist? by dyabman(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2008
Emperoh:

First correction, I am a Mr. not a Miss or Mrs.
You only managed to define Love and Lust. But the issue of coexistence is still left pending
Much as i love to tell myself they can, i am forced to believe they can't because Lust is a lesser good to Love
Or are u saying that lust can be confused with passion
We are talking about 'Strong Sexual desire' here as u defined and not 'eagerness to posses'

for her to define both love and lust , shes tryin to let u know that they cant EXIST
Re: Can They Co-exist? by Emperoh(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
dyabman:

for her to define both love and lust , shes tryin to let u know that they can't EXIST
i am wont to believe as such but i have my doubts over his postulation
Cos if that's the case, the issue of sex before marriage needn't arise or whats your thought on that
Re: Can They Co-exist? by iice(f): 3:55am On Aug 30, 2008
Much preferred to either being solo.

(1) (Reply)

I Desprately Need Your Help On This / Wedding Disasters. / Four Kisses You Must Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.