Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe (902 Views)

Female Army Cadet Tortures A Man For Calling Her "Beautiful" / House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' / Facebook Friends Attack Elrufai For Calling President Jonathan A Pig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by CollinsColz(m): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
An opposition politician in Zambia has been arrested and charged with defamation after he compared the president to a potato.
Frank Bwalya allegedly described President Michael Sata as “chumbu mushololwa” on radio on Monday.
The Bemba language phrase refers to a sweet potato that breaks when it is bent and is used to describe someone who does not listen to advice.
Mr Bwalya faces a maximum jail term of five years if he is convicted.
He is a former pastor and supporter of Mr Sata. He now heads the opposition Alliance for a Better Zambia (ABZ) party.
Deputy Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo said Mr Bwalya had been arrested for making defamatory remarks against Mr Sata, state-run media reports.
http://www.punchng.com/news/zambia-opposition-leader-arraigned-for-calling-president-potatoe/
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Trut(m): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Honestly, President GEJ is a tolerant leader, with all the insults from the opposition, he still tolerate it.

6 Likes

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Trut: Honestly, President GEJ is a tolerant leader, with all the insults from the opposition, he still tolerate it.

OBJ wont tolerate 20% of what Jonathan tolerates.

Buhari is worse.

6 Likes

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by OmoTier1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
noblezone:

Buhari is worse.

Quiet there! Was Obasanjo not called names by His own Kinsmen? What He not abused both locally and internationally by all and sundry? Did He imprison anyone?

GEJ is a LOOTOCRAT and not a democrat... this is a FACT cool

5 Likes

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by jamace(m): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ok o.
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by taharqa: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Thank God for GEJ...
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Demdem(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
noblezone:

Buhari is worse.

Shut ur trap. Obj was called Gorilla the same way Ebele is currently called Jonathan.
This is naija, not Zambia. Our leaders are much more useless.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by johnmartus(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Trut: Honestly, President GEJ is a tolerant leader, with all the insults from the opposition, he still tolerate it.
you mean gej is tolerant even if he arrest opposition leaders like michael SATA did I thought is still better than sniper he was training gej is a salient killer in fact this one not stop me criticize him

1 Like

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by taharqa: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
johnmartus: you mean gej is tolerant even if he arrest opposition leaders like michael SATA did I thought is still better than sniper he was training gej is a salient killer in fact this one not stop me criticize him
How old are you, kid??

3 Likes

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by taharqa: 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
Demdem:

Shut ur trap. Obj was called Gorilla the same way Ebele is currently called Jonathan.
This is naija, not Zambia. Our leaders are much more useless.
Demdem, Happy New year... I hope that one of yr resolutions this year is to stop Lying, esp d more blatant kinds. I mean can you honestly compare GEJ's reaction to the kind of incredible, sillly insults to OBJ's reaction??

1 Like

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by ralpheously: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Quiet there! Was Obasanjo not called names by His own Kinsmen? What He not abused both locally and internationally by all and sundry? Did He imprison anyone?

GEJ is a LOOTOCRAT and not a democrat... this is a FACT cool
do ui wish 2 kno jw mani pple obj silenced?pple dat aired thr view?my bro details r thr dnt jst type anihw,or u want 2 tell me obj performed beta dan gej?

3 Likes

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by egift(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
We all still remember that Alibaba made a joke right in front of OBJ and his wife about OBJ throwing banana to gorillas at the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by DrOBD(m): 12:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Naija is not Zambia
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Demdem(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: Demdem, Happy New year... I hope that one of yr resolutions this year is to stop Lying, esp d more blatant kinds. I mean can you honestly compare GEJ's reaction to the kind of incredible, sillly insults to OBJ's reaction??

Suck ur advise in to ursef. U and ur kind are the miserable liars on this forum Demdem remain on the path of truth.

Reaction or not is relative. Infact when OBJ was president, we never heard of him arresting someone for calling him Gorilla.

The same is expected of Jonathan. Let Retardeen suck it in and take it in his strides. If not, he should resign.
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by taharqa: 8:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Demdem:

Suck ur advise in to ursef. U and ur kind are the miserable liars on this forum Demdem remain on the path of truth.

Reaction or not is relative. Infact when OBJ was president, we never heard of him arresting someone for calling him Gorilla.

The same is expected of Jonathan. Let Retardeen suck it in and take it in his strides. If not, he should resign
'Demdem on d path of truth'?? Was that supposed to make me laugh, Clown?
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by dridowu: 8:31am On Jan 08, 2014
ralpheously: do ui wish 2 kno jw mani pple obj silenced?
bro kindly tell more about this , i want a confirm story , i dont want " i hear say "
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Capnd143(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2014
Last i checked Nigeria is a better democracy than zambia.
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: 'Demdem on d path of truth'?? Was that supposed to make me laugh, Clown?

Goon, substantiate ur current lie with demdem posts and prove to all that u sane.
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by taharqa: 9:28am On Jan 08, 2014
Demdem:

Goon, substantiate ur current lie with demdem posts and prove to all that u sane.
.... Ewudan, let's not derail this thread. Behave..
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Demdem(m): 9:46am On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: .... Ewudan, let's not derail this thread. Behave..

Goon, bottom line is........
U have lied again.
So pathetic.
Re: Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe by Omen100(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2014
Please comrades, has it not been proved overtime that truly, president Jonathan is a clueless and a daft fellow? undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Think Nigeria, When James Ibori Is The Best Governor Since 1999,we Can Do Better / U.S Ambassador Visits Emir Of Kano / BREAKING NEWS : ASUP Suspends 10 Months Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.