Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. (20852 Views)

Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria / 670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
You are welcome to this tread. May I use this opportunity to say thank you a million times to all our friend and tread followers, despite of our shortcomings in blogging most of our work consistently you are still there for us. Thanks so much and welcome into a wonderful new Year. I pray for you all every of your dream project shall come to reality this year in Jesus Name. Amen.

Project Description : A single 2 storey structure containing 4 units of 3 bedroom flats and 1 unit of 4 bedroom duplex with maids quarters.

Land size: A full plot of land on a corner piece.

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by NeuroBoss(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ok...?
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by MANGAM(m): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Following
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
More details about the structure:

This building is sitting on a corner piece plot and the total dimension is 26.971m x 9.107m

The structure is a semidetached building, on ground floor we have the ground floor of 4 bedrm duplex in front and attached to it at the back is 3-bedroom flat, on the first floor we have first floor of the duplex and the second 3-bedroom flat. On the second floor we have the 3rd 3 bedroom flat on top of the duplex and behind it is the fourth 3 bedroom flat.

see the attached below.

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by mufutau55(m): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wonderful, one of your student reporting to class for lecture.

This is a very interesting project.. I concluded that some part for the Oga/Owner and others for rental.. So sweet and nice.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Basically the first stage of this work is foundation. The site has been sand filled for a long time adequate enough for consolidation. The foundation construction we are working on is raft with spread. The basic principle of raft design is Pressure=Force/Area. The pressure is the soil bearing pressure capacity of the soil, force is the total weight of the structure and the area is the length x breadth of the building. Now raft foundation is considered when F/A is less than the Pressure, but if F/A is greater than the pressure then you can apply what we called spread to increase the area and then still make the raft applicable (though there are some limit to this application if the spread will not work, then other foundation type is considered.)
So in this case we have a raft foundation with spread, with a high construction specification.

Some of our precautions are:
Damproof protection. DPM on the blinding before the ground beam and on the earth filling before blinding that will receive slab reinforcement.

Salt protection: We apply a zero tolerance for salt by using a stone dust as our fine aggregate (sand), we ensure that the reinforcement are relatively new and not rusty .

Reinforcement strength: Pulkit reinforcement was predominantly used (an iron rod produced in Nigeria with strenght higher than some foreign products). Reinforcement arrangement to standard curtailment to BS standard.

Concrete strength: We ensure a thorough ratio mix of 1:2:4 and also the vibration was thorough giving us an average of 5.5 bags of cement per cubic meter.

Pls pardon me for all this my grammar, i was just doing this to allow some students in tertiary institution who follow our tread to learn before we go into pictures
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by mufutau55(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Aventures: More details about the structure:
This building is sitting on a corner piece plot and the total dimension is 26.971m x 9.107m

Do you really mean 9.107m? That is only about 28 feet. Please enlighten. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by kopell: 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
My oga at the top, I had already grab my note book. Be honest I love these design with little space, the architect really knew how to manage space. May I ask about the parking space for entire building. My guess is to have at least two car parking space for every three bedrooms.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by cleric(m): 9:10am On Jan 08, 2014
please give us pictures of the foundation, etc as you continue to build. it helps to have images instead of imagining.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by sdacosta79(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2014
Good day Sir,

Please what is the projected construction time for this project?

Seyi
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by esoorita: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Aventures: More details about the structure:
The structure is a semidetached building, on ground floor we have the ground floor of 4 bedrm duplex in front and attached to it at the back is 3-bedroom flat, on the first floor we have first floor of the duplex and the second 3-bedroom flat. On the second floor we have the 3rd 3 bedroom flat on top of the duplex and behind it is the fourth 3 bedroom flat.
see the attached below.

Aventures, I'm seeing this type of building configuration for the first time and I'll be following this thread to see how the project pans out. I wish you a very good luck in the execution of the project.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Onuokwu: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Interesting. At about 245 sqm, this will be a very tight compound. What arrangements are in place for parking of at least 10 vehicles? (2 vehicles for each of the flat and another 2 for the four room duplex)
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
The site plan below will answer some of the question here.
mufutau55:
Do you really mean 9.107m? That is only about 28 feet. Please enlighten. Thanks.
Hajji Mufutau
yes the breadth is 9.107m on ground floor, on the upper floor we have cantilever and the breadth is 11.107m.
sdacosta79: Good day Sir,
Please what is the projected construction time for this project?
Seyi
Well, like i said earlier this project has been in progress but time has not permitted me to open a tread for it, meanwhile we will be rounding up the foundation by monday. We have spent close to 2 months on the foundation. After completion of this fdn we ll have a break of 1 month before proceeding to superstructure works.

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by mufutau55(m): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
Aventures: Yes the breadth is 9.107m on ground floor, on the upper floor we have cantilever and the breadth is 11.107m.

Thanks. Just verifying.. The Site plan made it more clear now..
I am taking very much interest in this project. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
The work commenced as usual with blinding along the ground beam line. In this case there was no excavation apart from trimming and dressing of the grd beam line to keep it averagely levelled.

Also while that was ongoing we received the starting material such as woods and reinforcement.

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Meritgoal(m): 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Aventures: You are welcome to this tread. May I use this opportunity to say thank you a million times to all our friend and tread followers, despite of our shortcomings in blogging most of our work consistently you are still there for us. Thanks so much and welcome into a wonderful new Year. I pray for you all every of your dream project shall come to reality this year in Jesus Name. Amen.

Project Description : A single 2 storey structure containing 4 units of 3 bedroom flats and 1 unit of 4 bedroom duplex with maids quarters.

Land size: A full plot of land on a corner piece.

I wish you a successful completion of the project.
I hope you are going to use MARINE PLYWOOD for the form work? we have it available at a reasonable price. We've also done some STONE COATED ROOF their in OSAPA, we can handle the roof when it get to the roofing stage. Here is my number: 07038092452. Email: ak.medular@gmail.com
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Meritgoal(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
I just notice from the picture that your site is very close to some six buildings site i roofed two months ago. I also bided for the building beside your site.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Meritgoal: I just notice from the picture that your site is very close to some six buildings site i roofed two months ago. I also bided for the building beside your site.
you may be right there are lot of construction site around here.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2014
Good day every one!

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Meritgoal(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2014
I will be their today.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2014
Meritgoal: I will be their today.
i am at the site right now conducting final check on our preparation for ground floor slab casting.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Chekitaut: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Aventures: i am at the site right now conducting final check on our preparation for ground floor slab casting.
Something you are not telling the house your materials specification, you educated me one-one, i mean your reason behind lime stone casting...What a wonderful lecture class pls follow...very interesting.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks too chekitaut for your support and service on this project. I have mention earlier on that as part of our zero tolerance for salty sand we opted for stone dust as our fine aggregate.

@Merrigold thanks for your visit to the site, i appreciate.

Now back to class. More formwork pics and reinforcement work.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Chekitaut: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
Aventures: Thanks too chekitaut for your support and service on this project. I have mention earlier on that as part of our zero tolerance for salty sand we opted for stone dust as our fine aggregate.

@Merrigold thanks for your visit to the site, i appreciate.

Now back to class. More formwork pics and reinforcement work.
I am honored working with you, thank you sir, i accept with you 101%, now i guess everyone will accept with zero tolerance for salty sand, SAVE your HOME...Casting formula Granite+Stone dust+Cement+water all in lime-stone family. Setting of block use sand.
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Chekitaut: I am honored working with you, thank you sir, i accept with you 101%, now i guess everyone will accept with zero tolerance for salty sand, SAVE your HOME...Casting formula Granite+Stone dust+Cement+water all in lime-stone family. Setting of block use sand.
Sand from ogun state is equally very good but not economical when you are taking it as far as place like lekki but stone dust become cheaper. You gave us a quality and good qty of stone dust for 100k per 30 ton and to our amazement we used 2 loads for almost 65 cubic meter of concrete while we were planning to use 2 .5 loads based on our calculation from what we ve been receiving from order supplier. Now if you considered the cost of full 20 tons of ogun sand to lekki and compare with the cost of 30 tons of dust then u ll understand better.

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2014
good am every one back to work. more details later in the day
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
More pics on iron work
Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
pics

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dear all after deeming it fit to revisit this thread to upload the recent work done on the first slab i discovered that much of the previous pictures as not been re loaded after the cyber attack on Nairaland January 2014. So i want to quickly load some pics of previous work so that there could be a connection with the recent work.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pictures of grd floor slab reinforcement detailing

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
more of grd floor slab rfct detail and concrete work

Re: Construction Of 2 Storey Building At Osapa-lekki Ajah. by Aventures(m): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
prior to the concreting flushing of the floor was done to remove dirts and unwanted sand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low Price High Quality And Coverage Italian Stucco / Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu / 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.