Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football (11129 Views)

Everything You Need To Know About Football Viewing Centre Business / What Do You Know About Football?! / First Eleven: A Reality TV Show About Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by psalmdave(m): 12:51am On Jan 09, 2014
shocked
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by psalmdave(m): 12:56am On Jan 09, 2014
cr7lomo.:

Read those quotes on mikel wit u baby boy, Omar 22 and d rest. D problem wit u safari girl is that u tend to get angry when u are opposed . Every1 has his or her opinion and u don't have to insult or get rude over it. As a Nigerian, if I decide to support another candidate from another country , is it a crime? I am an Igbo boy and my opinion is that yaya is a beta player. U can insult me all u want, but that's not gona change my opinion
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

ThankGod there are still people like u.....
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Whobedatte(m): 1:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Safari argues blindly, she never pulls statistics to support her argument, highly insultive, indecorous, and tends to lambaste those who have a divergent view . A good football analyst must come up with FACTS whenever he/she presents her arguments&not blind patriotism like she does . Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by coogar: 1:51am On Jan 09, 2014
captainnigeria: This may sound sexist because it is but all the women I've met physically and online speak bollocks about football. I hate arguing with women about football because they think their opinion is the best.

Most women that picked up the habit of watching football was because of a guy excluding the ones that picked it up early in their childhood.

Frankly it annoys me when girls talk about football especially the ones on Nairaland. I've never met an erudite female football fan.

Call me a sexist and what not but youu know deep in your heart that i speak the truth. . . .oh and all the guys that agree with females on football "GROW A PAIR"

at least i know 3 female posters on this forum that will destroy your knowledge in football.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by firestar(f): 1:57am On Jan 09, 2014
(Smirks)
'Nothing' you say?
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 3:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Evestar200: Big fat lie @ Op, i knw football more than you
bullcrap! The right thing to say is you know football, but saying you know football more than someone u don't really know or weighed his footy knowledge is ish.....

I disagree with the poster though, my younger sister knows everything about football and she also plays the game and table tennis
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 3:28am On Jan 09, 2014
Pamcrest: Yes op u are sexist! But more importantly u are very arrogant and insufferably so. Your post shows that u are one of those men who believe (erroneously) that women are blonds and dimwits, incapable of intelligent argument. My happiness is that your female relatives are included in this categorisation and I shudder to think of what they must be going through having to deal with your type on a daily basis.
I bet u a lot of women will beat u hands down in any intelligent conversation. If u haven't met any yet, then that shows d type of circle u move in!
My humble submission
still looking for the “humble” part of your submission
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 3:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Ceorhemz: Please, you two can settle this matter without much dispute and insulting eachother. This is a small world and relationship is very important. Please forgive and argue without insulting eachother. You and her can be good friends you know
why don't you tell her to calm da EFF down and stop being a bloody hypocrite
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 3:48am On Jan 09, 2014
coogar:

at least i know 3 female posters on this forum that will destroy your knowledge in football.
one thing is to disagree with his obvious sexism(which I do) and another thing is to say you know women who have a better football knowledge than him when you really don't know how much he understands football.

Let's stop playing d fool to score cheap points

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Gudintent: 5:01am On Jan 09, 2014
bigx: I'm a guy, I hate football,

Watching it feels like 90 minutes of my life gone forever watching People's overpaid fathers pursuing a ball,

Listening to people waste time arguing about it actually irritates me.

It's a matter of interest sha

I'm a lady and I hate football can I know you better grin

Hope you like ballet grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 09, 2014

Watching it feels like 90 minutes of my life gone forever watching People's overpaid fathers pursuing a ball,

*Thumbs up...
I'd rather switch off the TV
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by jomoh: 5:37am On Jan 09, 2014
Paroman: Funniest part is that quite a lot of nigerian guys too dont know much about football. If u doubt me, try to start an argument with some random guy at a viewing centre. Most only know names of players and clubs and cant really discuss football without sounding shallow.

This is exactly it. Most guys who watch football knows next to nothing about football. All they do is follow the band wagon or start spewing rubbish after listening to some poor opinions. Even @safarigirl I doubt her true knowledge of football (nothing personal but I just don't think she does). Most people who claim to know about football only knows the history and follows football news well. Most of them cannot differentiate between TECHNICAL ability and TACTICAL ability of teams.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by dduke: 5:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Dude u are not too far from d truth,but kudos to those few women football fans sa.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Bigbums: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2014
I know a babe on Nigeria info in Phc. I've never met her physically though. This lady will dust any guy when it comes to football. She will tell u what happened in a particular match or championship in 1982 and the likes. Her name is Kalela or something like that. When it comes to football only few men (if any) knows football more than this lady. She can analyse as well as tell history of what football is all about. If you've never been to another man's farm, then you will say your father's farm is the biggest in the world. Some women know football die even if they are few.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by lovelyronke20(f): 5:54am On Jan 09, 2014
captainnigeria: This may sound sexist because it is but all the women I've met physically and online speak bollocks about football. I hate arguing with women about football because they think their opinion is the best.

Most women that picked up the habit of watching football was because of a guy excluding the ones that picked it up early in their childhood.

Frankly it annoys me when girls talk about football especially the ones on Nairaland. I've never met an erudite female football fan.

Call me a sexist and what not but youu know deep in your heart that i speak the truth. . . .oh and all the guys that agree with females on football "GROW A PAIR"

Am here to prove you wrong.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 6:14am On Jan 09, 2014
I'm one of those few people who didn't grow up following football, just kicking it. So unlike what someone claimed here, there are some people who actually bother to like the game as adults.

I don't follow club football a lot, I'm a national team person, I don't care if a player has never kicked a ball in his club, if he's doing great for the national team, I'm good.

I rarely post on threads concerning European football, to each their own. And yes, I do tend to lash out. At people, but that's just me being me- especially when they make chauvinistic comments.
I never said I was a wiz, so whenever people start throwing in names of those who ply their trade in Europe, I end my arguments....so no,I don't really know about football, hope I've made that clear, now leggo and baby-boy can leave me alone and call other girls beeches when they disagree with them
j_omoh:

This is exactly it. Most guys who watch football knows next to nothing about football. All they do is follow the band wagon or start spewing rubbish after listening to some poor opinions. Even @safarigirl I doubt her true knowledge of football (nothing personal but I just don't think she does). Most people who claim to know about football only knows the history and follows football news well. Most of them cannot differentiate between TECHNICAL ability and TACTICAL ability of teams.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by slimyem: 6:29am On Jan 09, 2014

a guy after my heart.
I'm by default in love with men who have no interest in football. cool
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by leggo: 6:33am On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: I'm one of those few people who didn't grow up following football, just kicking it. So unlike what someone claimed here, there are some people who actually bother to like the game as adults.

I don't follow club football a lot, I'm a national team person, I don't care if a player has never kicked a ball in his club, if he's doing great for the national team, I'm good.

I rarely post on threads concerning European football, to each their own. And yes, I do tend to lash out. At people, but that's just me being me- especially when they make chauvinistic comments.
I never said I was a wiz, so whenever people start throwing in names of those who ply their trade in Europe, I end my arguments....so no,I don't really know about football, hope I've made that clear, now leggo and baby-boy can leave me alone and call other girls beeches when they disagree with them
haha!
Now hush little baby, don't you cry
Everything's gonna be alright
Stiffen that upper lip up little lady, I told ya
Daddy's here to hold, ya through the night

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 6:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Logan_Rebirth:
Stop that!,is it not the same girl that was calling marco REUS, ROYCE and me still neva know when d guy turn car o grin
@op,most of them do not really understand the game or have interest in it and a few likes, watches or understands the game the way an average man does man does.
you are actually wrong! The correct pronounciation is really Royce.......it's a German name and dont use an English pronounciation for it.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adedayoa2(f): 7:05am On Jan 09, 2014
I loved and watched football as a child, thanks to my Dad, I av nefa dated an Arsenal fan but I have been supporring them since 2005. I played football in secondary school, played table tennis and now I play handball. Some women are truly interested in sports.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by freecocoa(f): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2014
OP you are wrong my dear.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Nomski0(f): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2014
Logan_Rebirth:
Stop that!,is it not the same girl that was calling marco REUS, ROYCE and me still neva know when d guy turn car o grin
@op,most of them do not really understand the game or have interest in it and a few likes, watches or understands the game the way an average man does man does.

Aha! shockedshocked. I like calling him Royce.....it's a personal joke. tongue tongue

Mtchew.
#LOSBLANCOS PRINCESS. grin grin grin
#REDDEVILGIRL.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 7:40am On Jan 09, 2014
Nomski0:

Aha! shockedshocked. I like calling him Royce.....it's a personal joke. tongue tongue

Mtchew.
#LOSBLANCOS PRINCESS. grin grin grin
#REDDEVILGIRL.
how far? I don dey find you for NL since
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Nomski0(f): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: how far? I don dey find you for NL since

School o embarassed . They want to kill us because of ASUU.
You still dey team Mikel so?
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Vicjay1(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2014
95% of girls know nothing about football. FACT. The others argue blindly and with emotions(na ur boy frd un dey argue with). They always want you to buy their ideas even when they are wrong. Baseless arguments- No statistics to backup the points. Easily get angry.(Abi u want make we beg you ni)., Safari dey try small as a girl but don't use that as a yardstick to dey form gangster on top party beat.

I luv all the girls dem. Abeg make una no attack me oo.

Vic-jay
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Vicjay1(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2014
Nomski0:

School o embarassed . They want to kill us because of ASUU.
You still dey team Mikel so?
Nomski0 hw far? u don resume school?
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by skyscraperTM(m): 7:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Chimaritoponcho: women know about football oo, if na lie make una google skyscraper and read him siggy...the name of dia club na "KPEKUS UNITED"
gringringrin
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by skyscraperTM(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Pamcrest: Yes op u are sexist! But more importantly u are very arrogant and insufferably so. Your post shows that u are one of those men who believe (erroneously) that women are blonds and dimwits, incapable of intelligent argument. My happiness is that your female relatives are included in this categorisation and I shudder to think of what they must be going through having to deal with your type on a daily basis.
I bet u a lot of women will beat u hands down in any intelligent conversation. If u haven't met any yet, then that shows d type of circle u move in!
My humble submission
what is this one saying? Op is talking about football.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by skyscraperTM(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi: Durh! Who cares? Am glad i no nothing abt it, cant imagine wasting my time, watchn som paid dudes chasing a ball Silly, if u askd me! Nd bsds its freakn boring...sometimes i just wna puke!
Btw i love Theo walcot...i think he is super cute...but then again, he is married...so football can goto.........
Nobody cares!!
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by kperrun(m): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2014
Caracta: At least give us a little credit!

Wetin una know sef! tongue tongue
grin[quote author=Caracta]At least give us a little credit!

Wetin una know sef! tongue :Phaaaa
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Nomski0(f): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2014
Vic-jay:
Nomski0 hw far? u don resume school?

Yeah.

This is why girls shouldn't argue football.......the guys always look down on us like they know "everything" about it. undecidedundecided
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Vicjay1(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2014
Nomski0:

Yeah.

This is why girls shouldn't argue football.......the guys always look down on us like they know "everything" about it. undecidedundecided
Eya. No too reason am. It is well. shebi we fit see na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 / Matchbet + Under & Over 1.5 / Rigobert Song Quits Cameroon National Team @34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.