Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football (11326 Views)

Everything You Need To Know About Football Viewing Centre Business / What Do You Know About Football?! / First Eleven: A Reality TV Show About Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Savigne(f): 11:16am On Jan 09, 2014
c4sam: clap 4 yourself.
Kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa Mysef God bless me
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Shankboye(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: I'm one of those few people who didn't grow up following football, just kicking it. So unlike what someone claimed here, there are some people who actually bother to like the game as adults.

I don't follow club football a lot, I'm a national team person, I don't care if a player has never kicked a ball in his club, if he's doing great for the national team, I'm good.

I rarely post on threads concerning European football, to each their own. And yes, I do tend to lash out. At people, but that's just me being me- especially when they make chauvinistic comments.
I never said I was a wiz, so whenever people start throwing in names of those who ply their trade in Europe, I end my arguments....so no,I don't really know about football, hope I've made that clear, now leggo and baby-boy can leave me alone and call other girls beeches when they disagree with them
dat leggo guy finish u o, even d guy sabi yab pass woman self.. Water pass garri for u dis time around grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
omar22: Look I know so many female or women footie fans, a colleague at work, she is a proper scouser (liverpool fan) and she supports her team blindly but she wont say something outrageous like Gerrard or Carragher deserves the Ballon D'or because he was part of a team that won a trophy, no. With Safarigirl, I love her passion and her commitment to make her point, but lashing out and insulting people who doesnt agree with her is more annoying. I asked her once that, does she have to insult everyone that disagree with her! cant you respect other peoples opinion I asked? a big fact annoying answer (joined by Striker 9)

The reality here is that they are 1000s of people (Nigerians) like that on Nairaland across all sections! Other people opinions mean zilch to them, just like the people we have ruling the country They careless about what we think or want! Character building starts from a very young age, If you cant control yourself or emotions in an argument on NL, what will happen when your in a boardroom of a firm or House of parliament / Senate. Someone once said a womans character is reviewed when things are not going their own way
bros, supporting Liverpool does not male you a scouse ooo I beg u

Calling a Nigerian Liverpool fan a scouse is like calling an Igbo supporting shooting stars oluyole pikin.

Scouse are a kind of people like Ibadan people too
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by UyiIredia(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yet the Super Falcons have consistently outperformed the Super Eagles, but that's by the way, some women do know football well.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by brushesz: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Evestar200: Thats me Baby
Don't mind them.. I knw what u can do
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by omar22(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
xtervaganza: bros, supporting Liverpool does not male you a scouse ooo I beg u

Calling a Nigerian Liverpool fan a scouse is like calling an Igbo supporting shooting stars oluyole pikin.

Scouse are a kind of people like Ibadan people too

No, she is really from Merseyside in Liverpool, a proper Scouser
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Shankboye: dat leggo guy finish u o, even d guy sabi yab pass woman self.. Water pass garri for u dis time around grin
my dear water no pass garri, the bigger person walks away from an argument, the immature f00l keeps ranting. You just acknowledged that he acted like a woman- disgraceful. Una don laugh finish, I'll laugh when Mikel wins, na that time I go get time for the rabid dog with a foaming mouth.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by leggo: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: my dear water no pass garri, the bigger person walks away from an argument, the immature f00l keeps ranting. You just acknowledged that he acted like a woman- disgraceful. Una don laugh finish, I'll laugh when Mikel wins, na that time I go get time for the rabid dog with a foaming mouth.
lol.. confessions of a moaner. your hypocrisy is stinking to high heavens, today you are a feminist ,tomorrow you call women rabid dogs.. lol ...keep bittching..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Iniwhyt: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
If a large population of women consists of me alone,walahi i agree wif d Op. cos i detest football
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by colossus2: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: Una don laugh finish, I'll laugh when Mikel wins
Can you recall this comment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by jotey(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nomski0:

Maybe.....but I'm very busy now.
dis place is nt meant 4 toastingB-) cool
Nomski0:

Maybe.....but I'm very busy now.
dis place is nt meant 4 toastingB-)

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by colossus2: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
c4sam: So U̶̲̥̅̊'ve not go 2 any radio station b4? Everything U̶̲̥̅̊ need as ɑ̤̥̈̊ sport presenter is at ur front in studio. U̶̲̥̅̊ will jst be reading them out after U̶̲̥̅̊ search 4 it.
Only when you are reading sports news sir.

No OAP analyses sports without having an experience on it.
Its just like telling Toolz or Matse to anchor a sports programme. Its gonna be a flop.
It takes a lot to make a research on sports, so if you don't watch, understand and have a passion for it, then there will always be "dead air" on that programme.
Can you anchor a programme which you have no idea or interest in even when given all that is needed for the programme?
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by MrMac10(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Uyi Iredia: Yet the Super Falcons have consistently outperformed the Super Eagles, but that's by the way, some women do know football well.
man u wan compare men football and women football[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Ceorhemz(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
xtervaganza: why don't you tell her to calm da EFF down and stop being a bloody hypocrite
You see, you are even insulting me for telling him to debate peacefully.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by psalmdave(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
The issue is that,u can still support mikel and be a patriotic supporter without insulting and bashing everyone who disagrees with u...mind u nobody even loves nigeria more than i do
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adedayoa2(f): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
cr7lomo.:

Read those quotes on mikel wit u baby boy, Omar 22 and d rest. D problem wit u safari girl is that u tend to get angry when u are opposed . Every1 has his or her opinion and u don't have to insult or get rude over it. As a Nigerian, if I decide to support another candidate from another country , is it a crime? I am an Igbo boy and my opinion is that yaya is a beta player. U can insult me all u want, but that's not gona change my opinion
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

wetin igbo get to do with who you dey support now. "I am an igbo boy". Lolzzzzz
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by donfemo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=safarigirl]

I really haven't followed your comments before, just on this thread and i must confess i am disappointed, people who have no facts in arguments, argue baseless
and argue with emotions, and for a lady its terrible when you can't control your emotions. I noticed you did most of the insulting. When you are arguing, all you need to do is bring your facts and your opponents brings his too, you learn from each other, you can't win every argument. Don't bring emotions, tribal issues and insults. You are a lady and would be a wife and mother someday.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: my dear water no pass garri, the bigger person walks away from an argument, the immature f00l keeps ranting. You just acknowledged that he acted like a woman- disgraceful. Una don laugh finish, I'll laugh when Mikel wins, na that time I go get time for the rabid dog with a foaming mouth.
like you have always walked away & be d bigger person?

He acted like a woman and its disgraceful? How about u? You fall into a deeper category of disgraceful women.

Even though I think Mikel will win. But wait, are u related to him? Abi he promised u something for this campaign?

You're a Stan and I hope u don't kill yourself if Mikel lose the award to yaya

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ceorhemz: You see, you are even insulting me for telling him to debate peacefully.
sorry if you tale it as an insult. But why didn't you try to stop her from acting like she knows it all? That's hypocrisy where I come from

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 2:23am On Jan 10, 2014
I'm not dead yet

What's a STAN?

It's easier for a man to walk awy and be the bigger person- it's how it's supposed to be

You said nothing when he called me a bytch...PS, he's been calling me that for over 2 months and you've never seen it...probably

No, Mikel and I aren't related, if we were I wouldn't be here

Erm....what other questions?

xtervaganza: like you have always walked away & be d bigger person?

He acted like a woman and its disgraceful? How about u? You fall into a deeper category of disgraceful women.

Even though I think Mikel will win. But wait, are u related to him? Abi he promised u something for this campaign?

You're a Stan and I hope u don't kill yourself if Mikel lose the award to yaya
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 4:59am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: I'm not dead yet

What's a STAN?

It's easier for a man to walk awy and be the bigger person- it's how it's supposed to be

You said nothing when he called me a bytch...PS, he's been calling me that for over 2 months and you've never seen it...probably

No, Mikel and I aren't related, if we were I wouldn't be here

Erm....what other questions?

nobody here wants you dead, its just Nl . I no wan die too

You're Stan like I said. Like my friends would say, Google is your good ol friend

Did u just say its easier for a man to walk away? You mean a man you should be your punching bag that you can verbally hit and he'll keep silent? That's sexism

I said nothing because I wasn't even following you or him around. But what about the other guys you insulted here unprovoked? At the mention of yaya they are already your next target practise

No, I disagree with u. U might as well be related to him. I really don't know why you would get worked up over mikel's issue if you ain't related. Well, maybe the Stan in you is the only explanation
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 6:35am On Jan 10, 2014
I get what stan means now- no google involved

You asked a question on if I was dead and I replied

I campaigned just as hard for Enyeama and anyone can tell you I was pissed when he was over-looked, that's when I doubted CAF most

I insulted guys on this thread? Apart from leggo (and maybe bettermike) I didn't attack any guy

Like I said, those two guys are chauvinistic to the core and I would happily insult them...long-standind disagreement, you don't know the half of it.

And I'm not the only one the threw insults around, in fact, leggo started with the name-calling here, you can confirm if you want...

Sha sha, apologies to you and any other non-chauvinistic person you think I offended, ok?
xtervaganza: nobody here Wants you dead, its just Nl . I no wan die too

You're Stan like I said. Like my friends would say, Google is your good ol friend

Did u just say its easier for a man to walk away? You mean a man you should be your punching bag that you can verbally hit and he'll keep silent? That's sexism

I said nothing because I wasn't even following you or him around. But what about the other guys you insulted here unprovoked? At the mention of yaya they are already your next target practise

No, I disagree with u. U might as well be related to him. I really don't know why you would get worked up over mikel's issue if you ain't related. Well, maybe the Stan in you is the only explanation
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adebayo201: 9:01am On Jan 10, 2014
colo$$u$:

colo$$u$:

I just dey see am ni oh!

#teamtongue
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by bunmit(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2014
baby-boy:

Disagree with her at your risk...

is it dat serious
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adegwurulez(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Blainz:

U be proper Mu.mu who needs ur opinion here?? U claim to hate football yet u wasted ur so called precious time reading and responding to football related post. Guy vamoos! I hate it when guys claim they don't like football and still fo.olishly brag abt it. it is fu.ckin gayish!
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by xtervaganza(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: I get what stan means now- no google involved

You asked a question on if I was dead and I replied

I campaigned just as hard for Enyeama and anyone can tell you I was pissed when he was over-looked, that's when I doubted CAF most

I insulted guys on this thread? Apart from leggo (and maybe bettermike) I didn't attack any guy

Like I said, those two guys are chauvinistic to the core and I would happily insult them...long-standind disagreement, you don't know the half of it.

And I'm not the only one the threw insults around, in fact, leggo started with the name-calling here, you can confirm if you want...

Sha sha, apologies to you and any other non-chauvinistic person you think I offended, ok?
you don turn new leaf Oo Oo

U don uproot tree self grin caf don humble you small grin grin

Anyways dis new you good Oo lol
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by safarigirl(f): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
xtervaganza: you don turn new leaf Oo Oo

U don uproot tree self grin caf don humble you small grin grin

Anyways dis new you good Oo lol
enjoy it while it lasts because CHAN starts tomorrow and I'll be here to bulldoze anyone that says a bad word about or boys
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adegwurulez(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
adexsimply: Lemme derail...
I feel most Man U and Barcelona Fans don't really understand much about soccer..They noticed those teams were winning cups and decided to join the bandwagons.. grin grin

Same goes to Chelsea fans

P.S: I don't know much about football but I've got a female friend who does
barcelona golden era was from 2006 up until recently. They won 3 champions league during that period. Some of us started supporting barcelona before then.
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adexsimply(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
adegwurulez:
barcelona golden era was from 2006 up until recently. They won 3 champions league during that period. Some of us started supporting barcelona before then.
Yep, 2% of you guys grin
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by Amhappy(f): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
I dont know football ooo(as a lady naa) but i know Yaya Toure won the African footballer of the year ahead of Mikel Obi. @OP hw abt that,i no try?
Re: Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football by adegwurulez(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
adexsimply:
Yep, 2% of you guys grin
if you say so...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okocha Emerges Delta FA Chairman / Week 17 UK Pool Fixtures / See Who Messi And Ronaldo Each Voted For The FIFA Best Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.