Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK (7956 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Russia: 66% (33 votes)
Goergia: 34% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Obama To Reveal Isis Strategy – But Pledges 'no Iraq War' - The guardian / "The Two Woolwich Murderers/terrorists Have Nigerian Heritage" - Guardian UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by NegroNtns(m): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
There is a wisdom that when you are looking for a confession, once you have bared the conscience and obtained the truth, it is foolish to go any further and humiliate the spirit; the dignity of the spirit must be preserved. A person that is de-spirited is reckless in outlook and has nothing left worth living for.

After so much struggles, internally and externally, combating revolutionaries and global conflicts, the seat of power for what remains of the former USSR had lost its spirit and as was correctly stated earlier by a respondent on this thread, the Russian circle of influence around the globe is a terminal one.  If George Bush  had maintained the squeeze on Russia where #42 left off; if he hadn't gone to Iraq and got bogged down in an endless war; if he hadn't squandered the relationships and contrary to the gains made by 42, labeled N. Korea an axis of evil ; if he had listened to his father, the 41st President and a former boss of the CIA and who also as Vice President to Reagan was instrumental in bringing down the Berlin wall to unite West and East Germany, , ;Russia would indeed be terminal by now. America suffered a short term Attention Deficit Disorder under Bush 43. In that short time span, Putin had quietly and strategically reversed terminal course and monopolized interests and created pseudo powers for counter balance against America and its allies.  I said it before and I will repeat again, I don't know about tomorrow, but today no one in the world can stop Putin from creating chaos in that Eastern region but Putin himself. What has Russia left to loose?  America and its allies will be the loosers if they stoked Putin's fire long enough to enrage him into an outburst.

Here is a list of high impact regional conflicts in which America is currently involved directly, half of them are highly unpredictable in projection and serious vulnerablility points for America.  Bush knows, Condoleeza Rice knows and Putin knows who holds the ball here. Unlike Bush, Putin says little and he does not mis-calculate moves.

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. N. Korea
4. Iran
5. Syria
6. China - (over Taiwan)
7. Russia - (over regional energy interests)
8. Venezuela - (over regional influence)
9. Palestine - (Israel interests)
10. Cuba - (communism)
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by faoni572(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
I fully backed Russia in this conflict.

US travelled 8000km to Iraqi -> whats that called?

Israel destroyed Lebanon because two soldiers were killed.

No country would allow its people to be killed.

Russia strategy is to isolate Georgia and warn all other WESTERN puppert countries in that region that it would not tolerate any nonsense in their backyard.

This strategy will should have used against Cameron but we are too corrupt & lazy, that why we gave them Bakassi on platter of Gold.

Mark this: If OIL is discovered in Semme or Badagry; the WEST will instigate Benin republic to claim its their land.

The whole world should be happy we still have Russia and China to balance things otherwise the whole world would be under bondage of WEST.

Though I have not read all the postings from the beginning to this end, but this is a very good talk here, only Nigeria can allow her people to be killed.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by mz: 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2008
what is happening in the cacausus region of eastern europe is pure and simple geopolitik ,where a rejunevated
world class super power seeks to reassert itself in its dominant back yard after a decade of assumed decay by other
super power, whatever is happening in Georgia has only one cause, American unilateralism in premptive strikes against perceived rogue states without international consensus and support of its actions.
The list is endless, iraq, afghanistan,somalia,yemen,serbia,kosovo and lately now iran and may be north korea.
whatever russia is doing america can do a-tin, whether they like it or not, whether morally ,militarily or diplomatically.
What goes around comes around, Georgia should just make peace as soon as possible at all cause or they loose even their politico-independence status which russia is really after.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by mz: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
what is happening in the cacausus region of eastern europe is pure and simple geopolitik ,where a rejunevated
world class super power seeks to reassert itself in its dominant back yard after a decade of assumed decay by other
super power, whatever is happening in Georgia has only one cause, American unilateralism in premptive strikes against perceived rogue states without international consensus and support of its actions.
The list is endless, iraq, afghanistan,somalia,yemen,serbia,kosovo and lately now iran and may be north korea.
whatever russia is doing america can do a-tin, whether they like it or not, whether morally ,militarily or diplomatically.
What goes around comes around, Georgia should just make peace as soon as possible at all cause or they loose even their politico-independence status which russia is really after.
As Gen. Carl Von Clausewitz noted "war is the continuation of politics through other means", Ossetia and Abkhazia regions of georgia are traditionally georgian lands dominated by russian settlers i.e you have the Kosovo paradigm , if you conduct a referendum on sucession they will leave georgia , best option give them semi autonomous status like southern sudan or east timor , or better still fight a war and win which georgia strategically can never attain, so they should just give them semi autonomy within georgia. Watch out for a rejunevated russia neck to neck in the coming decade for you now have a neo-nationalist elite in russia who will do anything apart from all out nuclear war to  defend mother russia's honour, angd what they mostly ex-KGB and Red Army Patriots
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by emmanuele: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2008
from all the replies i have read the be told the USA wants to weakening Russia's control in Europe and also the USA are looking for more Allies in Europe.

also because Russia sell it lates military technology to Iran and Russian as a say in the united nations security council.

because Russian is helping iran in it's nuclear plant.

Russia is not afraid of the USA they know where and what to do to make things happening in the region that will affect oil prices around the world.

for the USA to start put it's mouth in this issue will only make the terrorist

look to this nation (Georgia) a base camp to start plan terror acts at other US allies in that region

USA cannot control the world and they fill screamed when small nations stand up to them like Iran, North Korea are been backed by china and Russia
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
I am beginning to wonder what exactly the US is intending to do with all the crisis in their court. If they push this Russia issue so much it may result in US not having elections this year and result to war which I think the US will loose.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2008
debosky:

*shrugs*
But if NATO knows that Russia is willing to attack a country like Georgia over this type of dispute, it will be hesitant in giving Georgia NATO membership to prevent direct confrontation between NATO and Russia. That alone serves as a deterrent to other close by nations joining NATO. In addition, being hostile to Russia alone is not the issue - its seemingly going to the 'other side' as it were.

I don't think there were any illusions that Russia isn't willing to attack the ex-Soviet states who haven't joined NATO. However,the question of hostility towards Russia transcends NATO membership and you don't have to join NATO to become a thorn in Russia's side. Post WWII, the state that has shed the most Russian blood is not a NATO member,China.

If anything,many NATO members,such as Germany,are quite conciliatory towards Russia.
This military action will alienate Russia a bit, but will cause a rethink with regards to NATO's expansion eastwards, which is one of the aims of Russia. Yes the Russians have historic interventionist practices, but you don't see them sabre rattling with Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan, simply because those nations are not angling for a more western tilt and are happy to let things remain as they are.

While relations with Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan have been more cordial of recent, Russia has threatened those 2 on numerous occasions. Things would be more tense if the Govts of the above two were elected,they both have Muslim majority populations with an abiding hatred of Russia. Russian is caught in a situation where it can only enjoy something close to cordial relations with its neighbours provided they are dictatorships.

The fundamental question is whether a state can build alliances or more cordial relations with its neighbours by attacking or threatening them. All the evidence in human history points to the opposite direction.

The reason why many of Russia's neighbors are angling for NATO membership is precisely because of Russian actions exemplified by the Georgia debacle. The reality is that the Georgian crisis will further isolate Russia in the region and deepen animosity.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by dremoney(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2008
The west are hypocrites, US is so full of shit,
4 chrissake, y's nobody talking about Goergia invading SO in d first place?

Point is,
No country for now can stand Russis'a military might, d invasion of Goergia was actually meant to be a warning to US (the gang leader), US is exhausted coz of their LOST war in Iraq and Afganistan, na onli noise dem dey make nw!!!!

Thank God for Russia and China, d rest of d world would have bn, i dunno
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by FBS: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2008
dremoney:

Point is,
No country for now can stand Russis'a military might, d invasion of Goergia was actually meant to be a warning to US (the gang leader), US is exhausted because of their LOST war in Iraq and Afganistan, na onli noise them dey make nw!!!!

Thank God for Russia and China, d rest of d world would have bn, i don't know

say wetin, you must be dreaming my guy, russian armors are outdated and that is a fact!
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by MCUsman(m): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2008
I can't blame the Russians for doing what they're doing. There's a threat in their immediate vicinity and they decided to take care of it.

"What would the United States do if suddenly Mexico became an Iranian or Russian ally? They'd crush every last Mexican one way or another."
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2008
Can someone please tell Condoleezza Rice to just shut the hell up? Can you imagine her talking as if Russia is another country America can just order around? These neocons are just laughable grin.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by cold(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2008
These Americans and their double standards just give me the creeps.Y is it okay for Kosovo to break away from Serbia but not okay for South Ossetia & Abkazia to remain independent of Georgia.And y is it okay for America to remain in Iraq 4 as long as they want and xpect Russia to leave Georgia and surroundin environs effective immediately?Do they think Russia is anoda state they can just boss arnd.Threatening to throw them out of the G8,xclude them 4rm WTO etc.What nonsense!I just feel pity 4 Poland,because by the tym their Parliament ratifies the missile defense shield treaty signd by the exec & the USA and the interceptors are installed,they'l b nxt on Russia's list.America'l maq all the noise they want & still do nuthin.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2008
cold:

These Americans and their double standards just give me the creeps.Y is it okay for Kosovo to break away from Serbia but not okay for South Ossetia & Abkazia to remain independent of Georgia.And y is it okay for America to remain in Iraq 4 as long as they want and xpect Russia to leave Georgia and surroundin environs effective immediately?Do they think Russia is another state they can just boss arnd.Threatening to throw them out of the G8,xclude them from WTO etc.What nonsense!I just feel pity 4 Poland,because by the time their Parliament ratifies the missile defense shield treaty signd by the exec & the USA and the interceptors are installed,they'l b nxt on Russia's list.America'l maq all the noise they want & still do nuthin.

Bush and his henchmen have no clue what diplomacy means. I agree that Poland will suffer some consequence for allowing herself to be played like a pawn.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by slyk2(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
let there be peace, Amen!
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by Tornadoz(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2008
sly-k:

let there be peace, Amen!
Am sorry but there can't be peace when you have a gun totting man at the white house gifting little nations big guns and showing them where to point it >>>> Russia.
America invading other nations have been consistent for the last 40 or so years. When America or its allies does it, it is to spread democracy.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by TayoD1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
@RichyBlack,

Bush and his henchmen have no clue what diplomacy means. I agree that Poland will suffer some consequence for allowing herself to be played like a pawn.
The installations in Poland are purely defensive weapons. Why should a country be punished for defending herself? I thought people will address issues objectively, but this is just unbelievable.

so what would you say if they seek after nuclear weapons like Iran?
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by FBS: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

you guys na waoo, na only america dey iraq, are the britons & co not there? in any case we have seen than most americans have come out to say what the US in doing is wrong.

but here, you see russia thinking that they are the newly crowned kings of the world, they are dreaming. is it not clear that moscow is also using the ossetins has pawns? forget what the media says, go to georgia, russia, abzhakia and most of the countries bodering russia and you will see what exactly is going on.

I applaud the steps of Poland, they know that the russians are crazy 'cos everyone know what they in czechkoslovakia in 1968.

russia like the usa signed a pact with hilter during the world war II, russia is evil if you dont know, they care about nothing, they least of their worries is the ethnic ossetins, they can go to hell as far as russia is concerned,

as anyone ever thought why ukraine is NOT supporting russia? ( these are people of the same blood, russians, ukrainians, ), and yes, belorussia has been very very silent and good action that is.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by dudubobo1: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2008
FBS:

you guys na waoo, na only america dey iraq, are the britons & co not there? in any case we have seen than most americans have come out to say what the US in doing is wrong.

but here, you see russia thinking that they are the newly crowned kings of the world, they are dreaming. is it not clear that moscow is also using the ossetins has pawns? forget what the media says, go to georgia, russia, abzhakia and most of the countries bodering russia and you will see what exactly is going on.

I applaud the steps of Poland, they know that the russians are crazy 'because everyone know what they in czechkoslovakia in 1968.

russia like the usa signed a pact with hilter during the world war II, russia is evil if you don't know, they care about nothing, they least of their worries is the ethnic ossetins, they can go to hell as far as russia is concerned,

as anyone ever thought why ukraine is NOT supporting russia? ( these are people of the same blood, russians, ukrainians, ), and yes, belorussia has been very very silent and good action that is.

I think if you substitute America for Russia in your post, you'll see it makes little or no difference. My point is that they are both the same- bullies.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
Tayo-D:

@RichyBlack,
The installations in Poland are purely defensive weapons. Why should a country be punished for defending herself? I thought people will address issues objectively, but this is just unbelievable.

so what would you say if they seek after nuclear weapons like Iran?

@Tayo-D,

What was America's reaction when the Soviet Union put "defensive" missiles in Cuba in 1962?

If the missiles the Americans want to put in Poland is to protect Europe from Iran's non-existent nuclear threat, why not place the missiles in Bulgaria, Romania or Turkey?
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@Tayo-D,

What was America's reaction when the Soviet Union put "defensive" missiles in Cuba in 1962?

If the missiles the Americans want to put in Poland is to protect Europe from Iran's non-existent nuclear threat, why not place the missiles in Bulgaria, Romania or Turkey?

In your warped view, a purely defensive system designed to detect incoming missiles is akin to nuclear missiles.

No sane person thinks the US missile defence system offers anything approaching protection from a Russian nuclear attack. The system clearly can't stop Russian missiles and is not designed to. The Russians' main concern is that the whole system reflects a growing sense of encirclement,in its own 'backyard',by pro-Western Govts and Western military institutions.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by landis(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
No sane person thinks the US missile defence system offers anything approaching protection from a Russian nuclear attack. The system clearly can't stop Russian missiles and is not designed to. The Russians' main concern is that the whole system reflects a growing sense of encirclement,in its own 'backyard',by pro-Western Govts and Western military institutions

Good.
Let Russia go install same defense system in Cuba to protect the carribean countries from 'Iran' and we see your US reaction.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
Until the Georgia crisis, Poles didn't want the US missile shield. It was seen as another demonstration of Bush lunacy: a piece of kit that didn't work; a $100bn subsidy of American aerospace; a defence against an Iran that would use a terror cell with a dirty bomb before an ICBM; and a middle finger to a Kremlin that will take any pretext to whip up Russian nationalism to distract from its own failings.

But now, the 10 interceptor missiles headed for Poland have real power – and that power is symbolic rather than tactical. With American boots and hardware on the ground in their country, Poles feel that they cannot be let down in the way they have been so many times before. The Kremlin's recent behavior, and long memories in this part of the world, makes Poles want that certainty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/21/poland.usa
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
4 Play:

In your warped view, a purely defensive system designed to detect incoming missiles is akin to nuclear missiles.

No sane person thinks the US missile defence system offers anything approaching protection from a Russian nuclear attack. The system clearly can't stop Russian missiles and is not designed to. The Russians' main concern is that the whole system reflects a growing sense of encirclement,in its own 'backyard',by pro-Western Govts and Western military institutions.

The statement in bold shows that your knowledge of modern missile technologies is, to be generous, pedestrian. grin

All missiles in the same range category or ballistic class have essentially similar hardware, however, what distinguishes them is an itty-bitty thing called software. What you term "defense system" can be converted to an "offensive system" by changing the software. The navigation module of the software, an essential core in all modern missile systems, directs and guides the missile to its target. The module ensures that both the target and the approaching missile (itself) are tracked my specialized military satellites in space. To convert a "defensive' system to an "offensive" one, only requires modifying the target coordinates to correspond to any ground coordinate within the missile's range. Ground locations, unlike missiles in flight, are easier to target because the system does not have to track a moving target but a stationary one. Furthermore, the payload of modern missiles is flexible, meaning that they can carry many different types/kinds of warhead, including nuclear warheads.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2008
why are you guys arguing with RichyBlack? If the sun fails to rise tomorrow he will blame it on George Bush . . .
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
davidylan:

why are you guys arguing with RichyBlack? If the sun fails to rise tomorrow he will blame it on George Bush . . .

The sun WILL rise tomorrow with probability 1 - 1e-(1e999999999) = 1.

However if it fails to rise, then the only explanation is that the earth's stratosphere has been covered by dust hence blocking the "risen" sun's rays from hitting the earth. Dust from where you ask? Well, the belligerent George W. Bush, must have done something stupid somewhere in the world to trigger a nuclear war that will send dust and other particles into the stratosphere. Hence I will blame your best friend and mentor, George W. Bush!
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2008
RichyBlacK:

All missiles in the same range category or ballistic class have essentially similar hardware, however, what distinguishes them is an itty-bitty thing called software.  What you term "defense system" can be converted to an "offensive system" by changing the software.

Even a shield can be converted into a weapon by a capable smith who chisels the metal into a sharp pointed object or even simply wielding it as one.

There is no dumber sight on Nairaland than RichyBlack trying to sound intelligent. One would have thought that the fact that the Russians have never contested the deployment of the missile defense systems on the basis of a supposed potentially offensive capability,would have made him realize the folly of crassly comparing the deployment of 10 interceptor missiles in Poland to the deployment of nukes in Cuba.

That this nitwit claims that interceptors are distinct solely on the basis of their software beggars belief.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
4 Play:

Even a shield can be converted into a weapon by a capable smith who chisels the metal into a sharp pointed object or even simply wielding it as one.

There is no dumber sight on Nairaland than RichyBlack trying to sound intelligent. One would have thought that the fact that the Russians have never contested the deployment of the missile defense systems on the basis of a supposed potentially offensive capability,would have made him realize the folly of crassly comparing the deployment of 10 interceptor missiles in Poland to the deployment of nukes in Cuba.

That this nitwit claims that interceptors are distinct solely on the basis of their software beggars belief.   

4 Play,

Instead of spending so much time posting over 12,000 posts on Nairaland (considering the huge number of profiles you've created, e.g. I-man, etc.), why not just pick up a good non-fiction book (not sport magazine) and read. Or visit other serious forums and soak up some knowledge. Depending on the little education you got from college is not doing you much good. Try to upgrade yourself, seriously. Your general knowledge base has dwindled. Pathetic!

I repeat, you're a complete and utter neophyte on the subject of missile technologies.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2008
RichyBlacK:

4 Play,
Instead of spending so much time posting over 12,000 posts on Nairaland (considering the huge number of profiles you've created, e.g. I-man, etc.), why not just pick up a good non-fiction book (not sport magazine) and read. Or visit other serious forums and soak up some knowledge. Depending on the little education you got from college is not doing you much good. Try to upgrade yourself, seriously. Your general knowledge base has dwindled. Pathetic!

I repeat, you're a complete and utter neophyte on the subject of missile technologies.

This mooncalf started by drawing crass parallels between Soviet deployments in Cuba and US interceptors in Poland. Never mind that the Soviets came to Cuba with at least 40,000 troops,80 warplanes and 40 nuclear warheads. Only a fool would have failed to see the absurdity in the parallels.

He then proceeds to justify this idiocy by proclaiming that the interceptors are distinct only because of their software. To call this imbecility will be too kind.

Of course,the Russians have never raised objections to US missile defense in Europe on the grounds that the interceptor missiles can easily be converted to offensive weapons. They are obviously not possessed of the same cretinous mindset as RichyBlack.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2008
4 Play:

This mooncalf started by drawing crass parallels between Soviet deployments in Cuba and US interceptors in Poland. Never mind that the Soviets came to Cuba with at least 40,000 troops,80 warplanes and 40 nuclear warheads. Only a fool would have failed to see the absurdity in the parallels.

He then proceeds to justify this idiocy by proclaiming that the interceptors are distinct only because of their software. To call this imbecility will be too kind.

Of course,the Russians have never raised objections to US missile defense in Europe on the grounds that the interceptor missiles can easily be converted to offensive weapons. They are obviously not possessed of the same cretinous mindset of RichyBlack.

It is abundantly clear that this half-wit 4 Play has no knowledge of missile systems and is only making a desperate attempt to enter a field he's absolutely clueless about.

1. 4 Play has no idea the role of software in modern missile systems. He probably thinks that those missiles are shot by humans watching the night sky. Real mumu!
2. 4 Play does not understand the concept of reusability in modern technologies. He still thinks that every hardware is built again from scratch, whenever a new purpose is defined for the system the hardware integrates into. Real ode!
3. 4 Play thinks it is impossible for a missile that can track and hit a moving target to be used to hit a stationary target. Complete buffoon!
4. 4 Play cannot answer the simple question: "What would America do if Russia deploys ABMs in Cuba to protect Mexico from Brazil?" Real ote!

The fact is that 4 Play is not aware of the many reasons why Russia is opposed to the deployment of ABMs in Poland. If the systems are entirely "defensive" and if Russian missiles can penetrate the shield, then why is Russia worried? Are the Russians just a bunch of worriers? No. The gist is that the conversion of "defensive" systems to "offensive" systems is an exact science! Only a fool will fail to realize that all "defensive" systems are potential "offensive" systems, at least in the context of missile technologies. How and when the system is deployed will properly define its status.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2008
RichyBlacK:

1. 4 Play has no idea the role of software in modern missile systems. He probably thinks that those missiles are shot by humans watching the night sky. Real mumu!
2. 4 Play does not understand the concept of reusability in modern technologies. He still thinks that every hardware is built again from scratch, whenever a new purpose is defined for the system the hardware integrates into. Real ode!
3. 4 Play thinks it is impossible for a missile that can track and hit a moving target cannot be used to hit a stationary target. Complete buffoon!
4. 4 Play cannot answer the simple question: "What would America do if Russia deploys ABMs in Cuba to protect Mexico from Brazil?" Real ote!

It's obvious that you are an slowpoke. The attempts to cover up your cretinous analogy is absurd with bizarre attempts at a straw man's argument. Interceptors are built differently,both in their hardware and software,to undertake their main task and it will take more than a mere change of software to adapt them.

I didn't answer the question about what would America do if Russia deploys ABMs? You are either an Alzheimer's patient or a craven liar. How could I answer a question that was never posed? It was only until it was pointed out to you, the absurdity of comparing the Soviet missiles in Cuba with US interceptors in Poland ,that you came up with this new line.

[b]The fact is that 4 Play is not aware of the many reasons why Russia is opposed to the deployment of ABMs in Poland. [/b]If the systems are entirely "defensive" and if Russian missiles can penetrate the shield, then why is Russia worried? Are the Russians just a bunch of worriers? No. The gist is that the conversion of "defensive" systems to "offensive" systems is an exact science! Only a fool will fail to realize that all "defensive" systems are potential "offensive" systems, at least in the context of missile technologies. How and when the system is deployed will properly define its status.

Could it be that the reason why I am unaware of this "reason",that ABMs can be reconfigured into offensive weapons,is because it was wholly manufactured in your craven mind in an absurd attempt to justify your earlier analogy?

The Russians are worried about the ABMs for the reasons they have stated. No where,I repeat,no where have the Russians ever stated that one of the reasons they are worried is that the interceptors could easily be reconfigured into offensive missiles. You have access to the internet,if you can find one single article where the Russians have made such a claim,show us.

Being an idiot,you have invented this red herring to escape from your earlier crass remarks.
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by RichyBlacK(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
4 Play:

It's obvious that you are an slowpoke. The attempts to cover up your cretinous analogy is absurd with bizarre attempts at a straw man's argument. Interceptors are built differently,both in their hardware and software,to undertake their main task and it will take more than a mere change of software to adapt them.

I didn't answer the question about what would America do if Russia deploys ABMs? You are either an Alzheimer's patient or a craven liar. How could I answer a question that was never posed? It was only until it was pointed out to you, the absurdity of comparing the Soviet missiles in Cuba with US interceptors in Poland ,that you came up with this new line.

Could it be that the reason why I am unaware of this "reason",that ABMs can be reconfigured into offensive weapons,is because it was wholly manufactured in your craven mind in an absurd attempt to justify your earlier analogy?

The Russians are worried about the ABMs for the reasons they have stated. No where,I repeat,no where have the Russians ever stated that one of the reasons they are worried is that the interceptors could easily be reconfigured into offensive missiles. You have access to the internet,if you can find one single article where the Russians have made such a claim,show us.

Being an idiot,you have invented this red herring to escape from your earlier crass remarks.

You keep digging yourself into a hole. When will you stop? You know nothing about missile technologies; admit it! Russia is so worried that even Poland has agreed that Russian inspectors can initiate an inspection regime of the missile systems.

While novices like you rely on the press (CNN and BBC) to give you information about this issue, people who know about these technologies do not need the press to tell them of the possibility of converting "defensive" systems to "offensive" systems. It's like waiting for CNN to tell you that bodyguards (a "defensive" system) can shoot and kill an unarmed man (an "offensive" act). That you're still arguing this point with me shows that you're either mentally stunted or too arrogant to realize that you're an average English man taking part in a Chinese Poetry Competition in Beijing - no hope!

Another question for this intellectually-starved degenerate:

Can the interceptor missile be used to shoot down a scheduled passenger airliner?

I know in your simplistic existence such an act will still be termed "defensive". Oluku!
Re: Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK by 4Play(m): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
@RichyBlack

You have always been a craven fraud. The 'classic' I remember was when you made claims to the effect that no Israeli had died as a result of Palestinian rockets,when we showed you an Israeli casualty,your response was to insist that the dead person was invented by the media!

While novices like you rely on the press (CNN and BBC) to give you information about this issue, people who know about these technologies do not need the press to tell them of the possibility of converting "defensive" systems to "offensive" systems.

Look at this dishonest fraud with his imbecilic attempts at a straw man argument. The question has never been whether it's possible to convert a defensive weapon to an offensive weapon but whether this is one of Russia's reasons for opposing the system. Obviously,this idiot can't find a shred of evidence for the latter.

To reiterate,this red herring was a result of your earlier attempt to draw parallels between Soviet missile deployments in Cuba and the US's deployments in Poland. Not only is there no basis for that analogy,but telling us that an interceptor can be reconfigured for 'offensive' purposes is as illuminating as telling us that a pencil can be used as a weapon.

You are a dolt and I hope it is not congenital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) / The Original Chinese Don't Exist Anymore. / Inside Mobutu's Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.