Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks (1319 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by FoRgEteD: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2014
I can transfer to other banks instantly with my First banks servings account, same with people using Access Bank, UBA and others but why same can not be done with a GTB savings account is a puzzle.

I called GTcare cand was told it would take some days to deliver that it can only be delivered instantly if it was to a GTB account or if I were a current account holder. Like seriously cry cry

It funny that same bank that prides themselves as innovative and online friendly would operate such policy, I wonder which is now easier queuing at the banking hall all day or transacting online and waiting for days before it is delivered.

Why evulz lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by LOUDmedia(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
According to GTB, it would be treated as same day if transfer is made before noon. But if after noon, payment will be credited within 24 hours.
Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by eluquenson(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
GTbank is over hyped

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by FoRgEteD: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2014
LOUDmedia: According to GTB, it would be treated as same day if transfer is made before noon. But if after noon, payment will be credited within 24 hours.

Why all these protocols? How difficult is it to make it flexible and instant like other banks?

GTB is a joke! undecided
Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by Youngzedd(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
LOUDmedia: According to GTB, it would be treated as same day if transfer is made before noon. But if after noon, payment will be credited within 24 hours.

I am experiencing this issue and I think it's time to stop this rubb1sh.

That is confirm bullsh1t!.

The transfer I made one certain time to First Bank stayed more than 48 hours, at the process it looks as if you're lying to the beneficiary because the money wasn't credited the time/day it should.

GTBank should hear our plea.

Front Page @Mod.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by Ymodulus: 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
eluquenson: GTbank is over hyped

I agree with u. I am a gt bank user but I must confess the bank is now absolute crap and an overhyped Thing.

You get charged #165-167 to a $1. while other MasterCard user like first bank and zenith charge #161-162.2. to a $1

You can't just transfer money to other bank with ease.

You can't just recharge your phone via all aTms. they have specially designed ATM for that.

Gtb Mobile bank app Is crappy. and not working.

Since Tayo died that bank is just going down by the day.
Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by FoRgEteD: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Youngzedd:

I am experiencing this issue and I think it's time to stop this rubb1sh.

That is confirm bullsh1t!.

The transfer I made one certain time to First Bank stayed more than 48 hours, at the process it looks as if you're lying to the beneficiary because the money wasn't credited the time/day it should.

GTBank should hear our plea.

Front Page @Mod.

You were even lucky yours got delivered in 48hours. I had at one time initiated transfer on a Thursday, it was not delivered till late Monday and I was made to look like a scammer to the beneficiary.

Another bad area is when I use their MasterCard to make an online purchase, the value of that transaction is trapped, after some days I would be debited again, making my account go into deficit a times. When I call to complain I would be told it was in a restricted area and would be released later, this takes days and limits what one can do with ones money.

I get scared using their online services these days even with their high exchange rate.
Re: Challenges Of GTB Savings Account Holders With Transfer Of Funds To Other Banks by Youngzedd(m): 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ymodulus:

I agree with u. I am a gt bank user but I must confess the bank is now absolute crap and an overhyped Thing.

You get charged #165-167 to a $1. while other MasterCard user like first bank and zenith charge #161-162.2. to a $1

You can't just transfer money to other bank with ease.

You can't just recharge your phone via all aTms. they have specially designed ATM for that.

Gtb Mobile bank app Is crappy. and not working.

Since Tayo died that bank is just going down by the day.

They do charge me 165+ per USD and I sent a mail since last week which I am still waiting for their reply.

I opened Access Bank account and applied for their VISA card which is cheaper to other banks.

I friend of mine was charged 159-160 per USD this week using Access Bank Visa card while I was charged 165+ the same day using GTBank NairaMaster card.

BYE BYE TO GTBANK.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Daily Into Ur Bank Account / Step By Step Guide On How To Register Your Business Name With The CAC / Let Me Show You A Proven Money Making SYSTEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.