Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator (31812 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins / Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by chrisandy100(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
The refrigerator is a household appliance that thanks to the ability to lower the temperature can keep food fresh and healthy. But not all foods are good and tasty if are kept in the refrigerator. Some of the foods lose their flavor and reduce durability. Here are 4 foods that shouldn’t be kept in the refrigerator…

Potatoes

The potato is the best when is kept in a dark and dry place, and should be kept in room temperature because low temperature destroys the flavor of the potato.

Onions

Onions should be stored at room temperature in a mesh bag. It is important to emphasize that we should not kept onions near potatoes because they emit gases and accelerates rotting.

Garlic

As well as onions and garlic should be stored at room temperature in a mesh bag.

Tomatoes

Almost always we keep tomato in the refrigerator, but it fades away and loses its flavor, so experts say that it’s best to keep in a plastic bag at room temperature. If you want tomatoes to mature keep it in a paper bag.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by cynhamscakes(f): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nice one. Thanks for sharing.
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by LMAyedun(m): 5:56am On Jun 28, 2014
Noted.. Thanks
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by slimpoppa(m): 5:56am On Jun 28, 2014
cabbage

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Fatdon(m): 5:58am On Jun 28, 2014
What about fresh pepper

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by strangest(m): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Em.. Seriously if you don't put tomatoes in the fridge, they tend to rot faster... tongue

19 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by strangest(m): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Fatdon: What about fresh pepper

Best kept in the eyes tongue

34 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by okooloyun1(m): 6:13am On Jun 28, 2014
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Enosa1(m): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2014
Did you just mention tomatoes?
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by deeonemak: 6:25am On Jun 28, 2014
cant just stop refrigerating my tomatoes
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by hijacke(m): 6:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Beans?

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:28am On Jun 28, 2014
Dt is interesting, but haven't done any before.
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Project400: 6:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Interesting

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Talkcentral: 6:44am On Jun 28, 2014
Ok ooo
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by euphorbia(f): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2014
Kk.I will go and seperate my onions from my potatoes now.
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Guykhena(m): 6:51am On Jun 28, 2014
Onions,Garlic?
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by HAH: 6:51am On Jun 28, 2014
Na lie jooor, my wife buys her tomatoes and peppers and freeze them in the deep freezer, they stay up to 2 months, when ever she is to make stew she just blend some and they are as good as fresh from the market.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by pcaptain38(f): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2014
My Heart goes out to everyone who has been affected in one way or the other by bombing in nigeria
watch and comment @assurancemama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8uAlQsU6c
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by waja(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2014
What of Akpu and Garri?
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Ezedon(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2014
Let me go and buy Fridge and try it

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by delishpot: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2014
Where is Banana?
All you listed are in my fridge and they last longer there and taste good. And of course nothing tastes as good as it will taste the few hours or day when it was first picked from thr farm even if it wasnt stored in a cooler or fridge.
Only Banana I do not refridgerate but keep in a cool dark corner in the home.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Bilany(f): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2014
Who keeps potatoes in the refrigerator?

6 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by DocAdray(f): 7:20am On Jun 28, 2014
Good to know...
Thanks for sharing OP, though I don't agree with that tomatoes part.

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Thanks, Op.
I never knew that my onions should not be kept in the fridge.
Last Bullet
L.M Ayedun..:
Noted.. Thanks
Mr Ayedun, eyin na gbo wipe ati pada.
E se o, eku aduro ti o.
Oju o ni ti yin o.
Awon ota Nairaland maa blow ni o!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Doc. Adray:
Good to know...
Thanks for sharing OP, though I don't agree with that tomatoes part.
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2014
I put tomatoes in my refrigerator and I don't think I am ready to stop it.

Op, Go and Die!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by colossus2: 7:32am On Jun 28, 2014
What of orange undecided

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Chrisx1x(m): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2014
Hw did this scrap get to front page.
anyway,was just passing
Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by colossus2: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2014
berem: I put tomatoes in my refrigerator and I don't think I am ready to stop it.

Op, Go and Die!!
Haba e never reach like dis na embarassed

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by koreat(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
chrisandy100:
Tomatoes

Almost always we keep tomato in the refrigerator, but it fades away and loses its flavor, so experts say that it’s best to keep in a plastic bag at room temperature. If you want tomatoes to mature keep it in a paper bag.
this one is a Big Lie

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by DBestDoc(f): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
Bilany: Who keeps potatoes in the refrigerator?

My colleague does grin grin grin, infact she puts them in the freezer and leaves them there for ages cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2014
colo$$u$:

Haba e never reach like dis na embarassed
sorry no vex. I talk am out of annoyance. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

English Name Of Ponmo / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / How do you make your noodles? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.