Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat (958 Views)

How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS / You Never Have To Flash your Nokia Phone Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by buntercos(m): 3:42am On Jan 09, 2014
The rumors of the notorious Nokia Normandy prototype running on Android has been around for quite some time. Even though the company's Devices and Services division is soon to be acquired by Microsoft, it seems the Normandy rumors continue, suggesting the device might come to live against all odds.

Last month we learned the codenamed Normandy device is supposed to be an entry-level Android smartphone. The leaks suggested Normandy will be reusing the iconic Lumia design and will come in a plethora of different colors, just like the affordable Asha and Lumia phones.

Today the famous tipster @evleaks has posted renders of Normandy running on Android. We get to see a glimpse of Nokia's launcher, particularly the lockscreen, Viber and Skype apps. Judging by the Normandy's status bar, this should be a dual-SIM phone.
Another leaks from today sheds some more light on the alleged Normandy specs. As it turns out someone has put the Normandy through AnTuTu's test, so we can see shttp://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/14/01/nokia-normandy-leak/gsmarena_001.jpgome of its specs. Nokia RM-980 A110 codenamed Normandy reported featuring a 4" FWVGA display (480x854 pixels), a 5MP rear camera and runs on Android 4.4.1 KitKat. Naturally, the chipset powering the Normandy is Qualcomm Snapdragon.

If Normandy is similar to the previously tipped "Mountain View" Android prototype, then it might be running (as previously suggested) on the Snapdragon 200 chipset (quad-core Cortex-A5/Adreno 203 or quad-core Cortex-A7/Adreno 302).
Some recent rumors suggest the Normandy development is at "full steam ahead" and the smartphone is supposed to hit the shelves this year. Some go even further saying the team working on Normandy (Project N) will stay at Nokia and continue to work on it alongside other devices (such as the alleged Nokia smartwatch) after Microsoft's acquisition is completed.

Now is a good time to take a breath, lower your enthusiasm and take all this with a huge pinch of salt. The entire batch of rumors sounds way too good to be true. Maybe there is something going on at Nokia and some of this is happening, but maybe there isn't. In fact there is a good chance somewhere on the way a tiny rumor has completely gone out of control feeding on the hopes of the loyal fans. tongue

Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by farbulous18(m): 4:39am On Jan 09, 2014
I'll be 1st to buy
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by OCTAVO: 6:00am On Jan 09, 2014
This people will soon bench Sammy if they fasten their belt.
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Lionbite(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2014
Yea, tell me when it hits naija!
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Archangels1: 6:38am On Jan 09, 2014
k o.
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by buntercos(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
@ lionbite......dont wori i will let u knw as soon it enter.....
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
OCTAVO: This people will soon bench Sammy if they fasten their belt.
Nokia is Dead
Android won't save their day
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 09, 2014
OCTAVO: This people will soon bench Sammy if they fasten their belt.

why exactly would i pick a nokia normandy over a samsung note 3, s4, s3 or coming s5??

1 Like

Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2014
deejay_harry1:

why exactly would i pick a nokia normandy over a samsung note 3, s4, s3 or coming s5??
The stuff looks like a toy

1 Like

Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by dljbd1(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2014
deejay_harry1:

because of battery maybe? undecided
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2014
dl_jbd: because of battery maybe? undecided
you obviously havent used a windows phone before i guess....

when it comes to smartphones, their is nothing like battery lord...

nokia was only a battery lord in the days of java, symbian... ..
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by wheesin(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2014
Now they came back to their senses.....i tot windows was their thing
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by Olamyyde(m): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
can't wait to hear tecno fan's view on this

1 Like

Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by buntercos(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
nokia still d best fone,.........just wait and see wat d have dis year.....
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by adefemi007(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
deejay_harry1: you obviously havent used a windows phone before i guess....

when it comes to smartphones, their is nothing like battery lord...

nokia was only a battery lord in the days of java, symbian... ..

Thank u jare..... Most noobs go dey argue blindly wen i tell dem that.
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by fr3do(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Olamyyde: can't wait to hear tecno fan's view on this

Cant wait for it
Once it comes out im dropping my chinco
Re: Nokia Phone Runs On Android Kitkat by samsard(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2014
dl_jbd: because of battery maybe? undecided
The myth that Nokia phones have the best batteries on planet earth. Well, in smartphone jungle there is no battery saint (at least not that I know of one).

(1) (Reply)

Download Iphone/ipad/ipod Jailbreak Tools, Ios Firmware, Android Roms/rooting.. / . / Win Brand New Iphone 6, Blackberry Z3 And Infinix Zero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.