Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

How Do I Become An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Become An Atheist? (1350 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become An Atheist? by fredx4(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2014
This forum has opened my eyes to some discrepancies in the bible. How do I convert to atheism?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by DesChyko1(m): 6:23am On Jan 09, 2014
Easy.. Just follow these four sure-bet steps:

1. Don't go to church on Sundays, effectively ending your participation in Christianity awhile.

2. Tell yourself in secret that your reason for not going/continuing is atheism.

3. Do this every week till you get tired of the stupidity.

4. Resume Church actively.
cool

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2014

How to Become an Atheist:

If you are thinking of becoming an atheist, beware. The first step is easy, but it’s not so easy to walk the walk. You will have to ignore design when you can see it everywhere: in the universe, the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus. And of course, there is the amazing-looking human eye. Everywhere you look and everywhere you can't look with the human eye you will see incredible design. Now here's the really difficult part. You will need to believe that everything man-made: cars, computers, and candies were made by man, etc., but deny that everything in nature--cattle, camels, and cabbages, etc., were made at all. It came from nothing, with no Maker. Once you have done this, crown yourself as being intelligent.

Then you will need to find other atheists who believe as you do, and they will confirm to you that you are indeed intelligent. You will also need to believe that evolution is true and that you’re an ape and therefore you are not morally responsible because apes have no moral absolutes. Never forget to always give God a small "g," and learn believers' phrases such as "Evolution is a proven fact," and "I have no beliefs in any gods." Do these things, and you will be able to call yourself a "new" atheist. How cool is that! Well, not really. You can't be a true atheist because you need absolute knowledge to say that there is no God. Besides, you intuitively know that He exists. Still, for sin-loving sinners the benefits of atheism are great in this life. But not the next. So you are really not an atheist, and to keep with your sinful lifestyle I guess you will just have to pretend to be one. Or you could simply check out the link below: -->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

https://www.nairaland.com/1438016/how-atheist#18096890

The above is one of ola's masterpiece

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by larrymoore(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2014
fredx4: This forum has opened my eyes to some discrepancies in the bible. How do I convert to atheism?
too simple, just think twice.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by ebamma(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2014
fredx4: This forum has opened my eyes to some discrepancies in the bible. How do I convert to atheism?
Atheism is no religion bro, so u don't have to convert, if u belief that there is no God and u don't spend your weekends or fridays hitting your head on a concrete floor in a mosque or sundays clapping your hands and dancing etighi or azonto in a church, u are good to go.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2014
ebamma: Atheism is no religion bro, so u don't have to convert, if u belief that there is no God and u don't spend your weekends or fridays hitting your head on a concrete floor in a mosque or sundays clapping your hands and dancing etighi or azonto in a church, u are good to go.

But Traditionalists don't do all you mentioned, and they're not atheists. How so?
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by ebamma(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Austeenx:

But Traditionalists don't do all you mentioned, and they're not atheists. How so?
traditionalists belief that there is a supreme being bro, atheists don't.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by jayriginal: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2014
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Easy.. Just follow these four sure-bet steps:

1. Don't go to church on Sundays, effectively ending your participation in Christianity awhile.

2. Tell yourself in secret that your reason for not going/continuing is atheism.

3. Do this every week till you get tired of the stupidity.

4. Resume Church actively.
cool

Because going to church is what really makes you a christian right?
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2014
ebamma: traditionalists belief that there is a supreme being bro, atheists don't.

Noted.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by DesChyko1(m): 9:11am On Jan 09, 2014
jayriginal:

Because going to church is what really makes you a christian right?

One doesn't learn with a filled mind. Asking questions when you already have at least an answer is a bad bad way to learn.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by jayriginal: 9:55am On Jan 09, 2014
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

One doesn't learn with a filled mind. Asking questions when you already have at least an answer is a bad bad way to learn.

As opposed to learning with a blank mind and accepting everything your teacher tells you without questioning. You know whats eerily similar to that?

Brainwashing!
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by HolyHolla(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2014
The Bible states 3 simple steps to becoming an atheist and a 4th step to continue as an atheist.

The 1st, start thinking in your heart that there's no God. 2nd, start believing in your heart that there is no God. 3rd, start confessing it with your mouth that there is no God. 4th step, start living your life like there is no God.

Caveat Emptor: Be warned; the first 3 steps are described in the Bible as actions of a fool; the last as leading to eternal destruction.

Do I wish you good luck?
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by jayriginal: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
HolyHolla: The Bible states 3 simple steps to becoming an atheist and a 4th step to continue as an atheist.

The 1st, start thinking in your heart that there's no God. 2nd, start believing in your heart that there is no God. 3rd, start confessing it with your mouth that there is no God. 4th step, start living your life like there is no God.

Caveat Emptor: Be warned; the first 3 steps are described in the Bible as actions of a fool; the last as leading to eternal destruction.

Do I wish you good luck?

Dont need to be wished good luck from a faithfool wink
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PastorKun(m): 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gombs:

https://www.nairaland.com/1438016/how-atheist#18096890

The above is one of ola's masterpiece

Why are you giving Ola credit for an article he plagiarised Just the same way pastor chris plagiarises kenneth hagin's books. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by fredx4(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Kun:

Why are you giving Ola credit for an article he plagiarised Just the same way pastor chris plagiarises kenneth hagin's books. tongue
That's so true. Some of his teachings are directly from kenneth hagin.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by fredx4(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks to y'all. I just had a divine encounter and I guess I'll just have to believe the bible, whether I understand it or not.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by HolyHolla(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
fredx4: Thanks to y'all. I just had a divine encounter and I guess I'll just have to believe the bible, whether I understand it or not.

Yeah, you're still a faithful like me. Thank God you didn't join the band of real faithfools. Now, where's that @jayriginal, who probably is an atheist in line wth biblical descriptions ... and where's my big gun?
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Convert to the Religion of your ancestors.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by fredx4(m): 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

That's even more vague and mysterious than christianity. I'll pass
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
fredx4:

That is not an excuse.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PastorKun(m): 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

All human beings ultimately have the same ancestor/source. tongue
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Just read the bible from begining to the end. . .
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by Gombs(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
fredx4:

Nice
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Kun:

All human beings ultimately have the same ancestor/source. tongue

Are you a christian?

because that is a bullshyt theory.

We are descended from apes.

If we were descended from 2 ancestors, then we would have died out due to inbreeding and other factors.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by POPEII: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
You only have to destroy your brain cells

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PastorKun(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Are you a christian?

because that is a bullshyt theory.

We are descended from apes.

If we were descended from 2 ancestors, then we would have died out due to inbreeding and other factors.

It's quite evident that you and other atheist descended from apes so I advise you speak for yourself. tongue The rest of us are descended from the first man an woman God created.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by jayriginal: 8:26am On Jan 10, 2014
HolyHolla:

Yeah, you're still a faithful like me. Thank God you didn't join the band of real faithfools. Now, where's that @jayriginal, who probably is an atheist in line wth biblical descriptions ... and where's my big gun?

Youre probably a faithfool grin
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2014
Pastor Kun:

It's quite evident that you and other atheist descended from apes so I advise you speak for yourself. tongue The rest of us are descended from the first man an woman God created.

rubbish!

you cant choose to be descended from something.

1) You are descended from Pagans.

2)Your Pagan ancestors are descended from other apes.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2014
Follow my lead. I have assumed an atheist stance for over 3 months now. That said, ANY position has discrepancies, even atheism, if an atheist can't see discrepancies in the position, it's safe to say he's close-minded.
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2014
fredx4: Thanks to y'all. I just had a divine encounter and I guess I'll just have to believe the bible, whether I understand it or not.

SMH
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by jayriginal: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Uyi Iredia: Follow my lead. I have assumed an atheist stance for over 3 months now. That said, ANY position has discrepancies, even atheism, if an atheist can't see discrepancies in the position, it's safe to say he's close-minded.

Thats not true unless you take atheism to be more than what it is.

Whats your take on atheism?
Re: How Do I Become An Atheist? by MaziOmenuko: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2014

Mind sharing it with us? I'm keenly interested.

Hoping to heat from you.

(1) (Reply)

New Movie About The Rapture / Did The Khilaafah End In 1924? Response To ISIS, Boko Haram, Et-al / Jesus!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.