Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (41783 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by FNG3: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by loswhite(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2014
enigmang:

Lol !! @ TAX PAYERS money....
illitracy @ it's peak undecided
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by o42austino(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2014
The truth is that their is no money missing and i believe that the CBN governor is playing out some script by the opposition.pls lets think like humen and use our brain not our ass in thinking.
Firstly, the CBN governor is not a new comer in governace and the workings of the petroluem sector he has been the CBN governor for yrs now, How can he claim NNPC did not remitt the mentioned sum when he actualy knew that NNPC always pay some percentage of the said sum while our sister bodies like DPR e.t.c pays the rest? it is on record that nnpc has paid theirs but the remaining sum should be with the sister bodies of NNPC not NNPC. the best thing to do is to communicate the minister of petroleum and copy the the president and mi.ister of finance, i believe strongly that CBN governor is guilty but, at the same time the president should make sure that he recovered the said sum from DPR and others
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinkingt was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !

Under an obj presidency sanusi certainly will have every reason to fear for his life. There is a strong grain of the great GEJ in the rule of law which the opposition is blissfully deploying today. And these same people will not allow Nigerians the same level of ambience if positions were reversed.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Molafaye: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2014
Omen100:

your sister who was caught pant down stealing the common wealth of the people has not resign and you are here, calling on the CBN Gov to resign because he is from the North, please make use of your head.
We the people are the biggest problem of Nigeria.....Personally, I dont like Sanusi because I think he has done alot of harm to our economy-I stand to be corrected.
Secondly, there are too many uneducated/half baked people on this forum-they are never objective....quick questions! Why can't the missing funds be accounted for whether one dollar or any amount for that matter? Was Sanusi not doing his job even if he had other goals?
People, these guys are stealing us blind and some people amongst them speak and we want to crucify them!? Jonathan should be the one resigning
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by owobokiri(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2014
Seriously, you do have a point. The two may need to provide good reasons for that. But what if these are revenues being expected or tied down somewhere deu to some administrative bottlenecks? That pales in comparisom when juxtaposed with the infuriating ignorance that is personified in one sanusi. . Sanusi should have been sure of his facts before "going to the press"

nagoma:

What about a finance minister and petroleum resources minister who failed to account for at least $ 10.8 billion?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by tee4naija(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2014
You are the most stupid human being I have ever heard of.
Billyonaire: This Polymer CBN Governor should just leave. He has achieved little other than radical chit-chats.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by owobokiri(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2014
And you are so pained you have to state that in the silliest terms possible??

tee4naija: You are the most stupid human being I have ever heard of.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by bunmit(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2014
mikeansy: And by the way, while the CBN Governor has a term limit not to be altered by the President, they do not have immunity from prosecution.

If the Presidency has evidence of corruption against Sanusi, they should send EFCC after him now! Let him answer the allegations against him, at that point am sure he will have to make a decision to be either sent to jail while in office or resign!

the efcc was sent after oduah shey? See naija for una oooo, efcc is now a political dog or tool?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2014
gbosaa: Just wondering..How did the details of this telephone exchange between Sanusi and Jonathan leak to the press?

Opposition is paying handsomely
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Jan 10, 2014
mayo47:

It's rather sad people make comments without thinking, what do u mean by polymer CBN gov? Well he wasn't the one that introduced the polymer notes it was soludo. For ur info the British pounds from next year comes in polymer notes.

It is 2016 not next year, and i think Billyf00l is sarcastic ie, Britain is embracing polymer while Naija in a bid to destroy Soludo's legacies just like he did with the consolidated banks wants to return the all paper currency.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 11:28am On Jan 10, 2014
drnoel:
U that has checked it tell us what the constitution say about the CBN governor. If u can´t paste it here or don´t have a paragraph of it u can paste for ushere then pls close ur mouth and 4ever hold ur peace.

Mr. here is the "paragraph" :

Section 11(2)(f) of the Act states: “A person shall not remain a Governor, Deputy Governor or Director of the Bank if he is removed by the President: Provided that the removal of the Governor shall be supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate praying that he be so removed.”
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by hangman: 11:30am On Jan 10, 2014
This nation does not need a CBN Governor that goofs.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by najoke: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2014
hangman: This nation does not need a CBN Governor that goofs.
^
But we need GEJ abi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 11:35am On Jan 10, 2014
drnoel:

Yea, i noticed that. Its a Nigerian thing and very popular on NL but mine was no abuse, I rather stated that if u had information u should share with the house but if u don´t have information on what u tried to say then u should close ur muth,..simple. I think u should learn to handle retorts that arise from effects of criticizing someone unjustly. If u can´t handle that, then u should learn not to criticize anyone. Besides, I am still waiting 4 the post u are supposed to paste on NL about the paragraph of the constitution that covers what the CBN governor can and can´t do with respect to the president.

There was no reason for u to be angry, i simply said u should try get ur hands on the constitution during ur spare times and u replied with the bolded. Sure i can handle criticism if i couldn't would have probably called u an animal because dere no justification for ur retortion.

Below is the information u seek:

Section 11(2)(f) of the Act states: “A person shall not remain a Governor, Deputy Governor or Director of the Bank if he is removed by the President: Provided that the removal of the Governor shall be supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate praying that he be so removed.”
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
texazzpete:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So the banks left by Soludo were 'flourishing' yet many went on to declare losses for quarter after quarter, sack thousands of staff to remain profitable and write off hundreds of billions of Naira loans?
The same Soludo that was hobnobbing with bankers that were soon to face criminal prosecution and were exposed as thieves? So the evidence used to convict Cecilia ibru and indict 'Pastor' Erastus Akingbola was false?

The same Soludo under whose watch the Naira fell from N118 to a dollar to around N147? Or the same Soludo that spent billions on a switch to Polymer notes that any decent research could have told him that they have a penchant to wear when old?

The only thing damaged here is your brain. A well placed slap from me can cure you if you desire to be saved.

I don't want to engage you on soludo just yet, but if i am to analyze critically the competence of sanusi, there are loads of red flags;

He is asked today to resign because he muddled up figures, what kinda professional does that? ( i think Jonathan goofed by putting it on a leaked letter, he should be smarter than that)

just like saying that America doesn't know the exact amount they owe china because at some point Ben benarke muddled up figures come on guys! this is ridiculously absurd.

he said the money wasn't remitted, i need you to dig my post a little to see my response then and with his vodoo calculations, the CBN Gov of The Federal republic of Nigeria does not even know who and where oil receipts are remitted (little wonder he grabbed the NNPC by the jugular), yet, in the comfort of my home a bloody civilian (with zero ties to the nations treasury) and a fvcking political nobody (just with little interest in the oil sector) was able to tell that he was wrong.

find below my responses to him at the onset of the scandal on that thread;

Now you seem to have a clue how m0r0nic sanusi sounds with those allegations

When was the last time Nigeria sold 2.5mbbls? the only reason you believed Sanusi is because you are ignorant.
when oil theft was at its peak within the period under review, i dey laugh!!

I saw the s!!ly question you asked Taharqua up there and i couldn't hold my laughter, agreed taharqua is a m0r0n and a troll put together, shaken and runneth over, but your ignorance is some what disappointing.

my advise to you, fine, taharqua made a childish analysis of the situation, you on your own part have no idea how it works out here, so i will implore the both of you to shut the Bleep up!! and face your duties if you have one.

Sanusi is looking for cheap popularity and now he has it.

From the onset I knew he was wrong how could a CBN governor make such a mistake? and when the issue became a national embarrassment to the president he neither went back to review the said allegations, here we are he is sorry for misleading Nigerians.

A lot of Nigerians feel terrible outside the country when they are stereotypically branded corrupt, 419, terrorists etc, subjected to dehumanizing searches just because they are having a green passport, do you ask yourself how the outside world get those scary impression of us?

it is through events things like these, when A CBN Gov. who should be the most credible source for all foreign media is confusing $10.8b with $49.8b, do you have any idea what it has done to the image of this administration which is already struggling to redeem its corrupt image? I don't think so.

few years ago this same man, shut down the economy when he proposed that if subsidy was not withdrawn totally the economy will collapse, news flash; subsidy was withdrawn partly and the economy stood "gidigba" and even from his office released a growth rate of 7% for the economy for the period under review, how did that happen?

what has he miscalculated again to have come up with the initial ridiculous statement? apparently, it became clear to me that The Gov of central bank of Nigeria has no idea where the Money for subsidy was coming from at the time, yet in the comfort of my home i could give a break down of all subsidy budgets and when obasanjo/yaradua started to use the excess crude revenue to balance up for the subsidy shortfall, such a simple arithmetic was exactly what eluded the CBN mickey mouse, spurred him to raise the false alarm. It is shameful, i personally dubbed him a "vodoo economist" at the time.

Now, over to chukwuma soludo; after Sanusi's wo! wo! wo! at the banks and telling Nigerians that collapse is imminent (another false alarm) what were his practical solutions?

Bailing out the banks and eventual sale, needless to mention that his process created one of the biggest unemployment in the history of this nation according to the federal bureau of statistics, unemployment worsened from a disappointing 19.7% to a disastrous 23.9%, now that was what the economic magician handed to Nigerians, now lets juxtapose what souldo did for those banks.

faced with poor liquidity, Soludo created an EDW (extended discount window) and broadened the kind of assets the banks needed for loans, that smart move kept the banks at high profit and good paying jobs, ask yourself; what is the difference between Soludo's EDW and sanusi's bail out funds??
Government money at low interest rates for the banks capish! no difference, yet the noise of doing the same thing with his predecessor, closed op viable investments, created huge unemployment and loss of share holders funds from some of the acquired banks, tell me again who is smarter, SOludo or sanusi?

Soludo handed us polymer notes, Sanusi came in and did everything he could to discredit that move with all manner of corruption allegations, guess what, the British is adopting it for their 5 and 10pounds bills, canada and Austrialia recently did same too here are their reasons;

The trouble with paper money, aside from it being spent too easily and governments often printing too much of it, is that it wears out too quickly.

Bills made of plastic do not have that problem and can be manufactured with sophisticated security features to vex counterfeiters.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/british-bank-notes-to-go-plastic-20131219-hv6f3.html#ixzz2q0CQSDMn

Does it not bother you that these reasons that is rewriting the western history was what Soludo saw in 2004 yet a m0r0nic Sanusi thinks its a waste of funds? I leave you to be the judge of who is smarter.

Look at his cashless policy, while proposing cashless on one hand, on the other he is proposing a 5,000naira bill, what kinda professional is that?

while pushing for proliferation of POS, he was banning ATM from public places and the cash incentive there in, little wonder Banks don't bother to load their ATM's anymore, tell me, how does Sanusi think?

get your facts right, with close oil prices, low gas prices etc, soludo the prof. maintained the dollar at 133naira, while it has become a scarce commodity under sanusi, as a matter of fact, I changed 170 from Aboki last week, educate yourself here

http://www.freecurrencyrates.com/exchange-rate-history/USD-NGN/2004

comparing Sanusi with soludo under any guise should be a criminal offense punishable by painful death.

Sanusi has done a great deal of disservice to this nation and it is time to be disgraced out of office.

I don't blame some people who think a country is run like a mechanic workshop where oga asks his boy; how much was made today? and he starts scratching his head.

Whether Sanusi should be fired YES
whether the culprits of the missing $10.8b should be prosecuted, YES.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
dvee2:

My friend ,the reason why sanasi does not know the "oil arithmetic" according to you is the main reason why Sanusi wrote the letter in the first place. The nnpc has been using voodoo accounting for decades, cheating on Nigerians and operating as a government on its own. No one knows how they arrive at their figures, they simply pay spend what they want to spend and pass the remaining to the federal government. This is what Sanusi is fighting for, actually the finance minister should even have been the one asking these questions, but Sanusi was bold enough to ask the question. It is wrong for the nnpc to spend money that has not been appropriated. Ask yourself why it takes a corporation like nnpc several weeks to come up with an explanation about how the money is spent? If nnpc is your company will you wait that long for your managers to cook the books? PEtronas Malaysian version of our own nnpc has investment all over the world in addition to the countries oil export fees, but with a touch of the button , they can generate annual book balance to the last decimal point. In this computer age , our nnpc pretends and hide oil sharing formula with it and third party so that only them will determine how much they pay into the federation account. And some people would come here saying Sanusi does not know oil arithmetic. It is designed by nnpc deliberately so that nobody knows,several CBN governors after,someone is challenging the status co and gullible Nigerians wants to hang him. Whe vilify our heroes while we celebrate the thieves. This country is doomed. No upright man will succeed.

I hate it when people choose to excuse their Ignorance. If you don't know how oil receipts are disbursed, then it is your problem not ours and trust me, no one will blame you because it may not have any serious relevance to your well being, however, when the CBN GOV, THE SUPPOSED BANKER OF THE GOVERNMENT doesn't know, then it calls for serious concern.
It is just like GTB telling you they have no record of your deposits for 18 months, will you take them serious?

I know how it is calculated and disbursed and I called Sanusi a m0r0n when he came up with that ridiculous allegation, do you know why, because I expect him to know, where he doesn't, he should throw in the towel.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=bappahman]
In 1985 Sanusi joined Icon Limited (Merchant
Bankers), a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust
Bank of New York, and Baring Brothers of
London.

Joined as what? cleaner, secretary, butler what exactly? or office without portfolio.

He moved to the United Bank for Africa
in 1997 in the Credit and Risk Management
Division, rising to the position of a General
Manager.

Uba was an old generation bank that was at the brink of collapse thanks to managers like sanusi, One of the old generation banks that was acquired by a new generation bank (less than 10yrs old) (standard trust) leaves us to wonder how the likes of sanusi managed UBA at the time.

In September 2005, he joined the Board
of First Bank of Nigeria as an Executive Director
in charge of Risk and Management Control, and
was appointed Group Managing Director (CEO) in
January 2009. He was also the Chairman,
Kakawa Discount House and sat on the Board of
FBN Bank (UK) Limited.[1] Sanusi is recognized
in the banking industry for his contribution
towards developing a Risk Management culture in
the Nigerian banking sector.[5] First Bank is
Nigeria's oldest bank and one of the biggest
financial institutions in Africa.[6] Sanusi was the
first Northerner to be appointed CEO in First
Bank's history of more than a century.[7]

Considering the Age of the Emirate and the Age of First bank, common sense tells me that his family may have stakes in FBN so whatever appointment he gets there does not interpret as merit, even if not directly, the Apparatchik of loyalty is still there to fix him anywhere he wants to work, hope you are not underestimating the power of the Emir of Kano as a viable contact in our present day Nigeria aka IM.

dissect this puzzle for me, who comes out from a failed bank and gets a higher position in a better bank hello! what are we missing here? ya i know, he is the Emir's son and not even the president can fvck with him. you see what I mean? contact my friend!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Athman: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
The beginning of another drama
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
mikeapollo:

You are a noisy ignorant who does not understand what is called reconciliation as regards statutory remittances.
When you make remittances, you have to FILE in evidence of your remittances to the statutory body so that the records can be updated. Otherwise, there will be difference between your records and that of the statutory bodies.
[b]In this case, the NNPC was neither making full remittances(to FIRS etc) nor making adequate filing of its remittances to the CBN for appropriate documentation. So based on the earlier records with CBN, there was a shortage of $49b. The NNPC then responded by filing in further evidence of remittance of about $38b, so that has been reconciled.
[/b]But the NNPC has not been able to give anything to prove that they remitted the remaining $10.9b. That is whopping N1.7trillion....the same amount that the GEJ govt and Okonjo-Iweala said they are spending on fuel subsidy which they used to increase fuel price.

If GEJ is clever, he should have allowed SLS to be and give support to him for his anti-corruption stance in order to win the support of the masses.....but here we are with a petty president who gives award to corrupt people like Patricia Etteh, pardons criminals like Alameseigha, protects corrupt ministers like Stella Oduah and Deziani, but he wants Sanusi, the only serious minded anti-corruption crusader in his govt to resign.

GEJ is truly clueless

If the bold above was the case, is it not common sense enough that the letter should be directed to the GMD NNPC not the President? or do you think both of them share the same office? requesting the GMD to file his remittance to the CBN for accountability, why involve the president?
now you know that Sanusi is a m0r0n.

I agree with you that Mr President (forgive my language) is a political minor, he should fire Sanusi for incompetence while he jails someone in NNPC, that will boost his ratings.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by josite: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
in a proper ,Once he submits that letter alleging missing money sanusin ought to have submitted his resignation letter as well. Why should sanusi endanger his own life.was he born to be cbn governor.

But on a final note,since we are not in a normal polity with Jonathan himself insensitive to those who elected him ,then we must conclude sanusi is right to be insensitive to the yearnings of jonathan . On a purely point of law sanusi is right,only the senate can remove him but he should be ready to risk his life for the principle he is standing on, tactless boss vs tactless cbn governor.i dey laugh o
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by 9jatriot(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2022
I think Emiefele has to be asked to leave too
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by flejnr2(f): 5:14pm On May 09, 2022
9jatriot:
I think Emiefele has to be asked to leave too
He will still refer to the 2/3 of the senate to be able to remove him too, although this particular senators are rubber stamp on the presidents call

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos) / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu / Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.