Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (41782 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by kokoA(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2014
Lol.. GEJ is wasting his time trying to force Sanusi out. That man is the last public servant anyone can intimidate, he tells you point blank what he wants to tell you without giving a damm. My advice to the presidency is that they allow the fearless mallam finish his tenure peacefully else, he won't think twice exposing lots of other illegalities going on within the system. Sanusi na one man army o. Be warned!

28 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by clun(f): 8:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Do we just start commenting to every topic brought here?
How TRUE is this story. Reuben Abati did not respond, sanusi did not respond.

How can president ask him to resign just because a letter was leaked. A letter that is already in public.
I think our president deserve some respect.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ImperialYoruba: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2014
ba7man: If he doesn't have the balls to remove Stella Oduah, he doesn't have the balls to remove Sanusi Lamido.

By the way, WHY DOES EVERYONE DISRESPECT G.E.J

Go and watch him here with Obama. Notice how he is sucking on his tongue and twiddling thumbs in front of world press.

Listen when he talked about security in Africa and how it translates to security in Nigeria. I know Obama is looking at him like, " are you sure this guy has a phd?" He had to force a smile to avoid saying what truly was on his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfId24utuI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Omen100(m): 8:13am On Jan 09, 2014
mikeansy:

I am saying Sanusi is as useless and corrupt as every other Nigerian public official

and that includes Stella Oduah.

dude, can you please be specific or what's there that is difficult for you to say?

Just say My Aunt, Princess Stealer Oduah is a useless corrupt Nigeria public official, simple.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2014
clun: Do we just start commenting to every topic brought here?

How can president ask him to resign just because a letter was leaked. A letter that is already in public.

Define respect !

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2014
taxPAYERS money? when last u pay tax? abeg leave our OYEL MOney for we mek we carry do what we want. during the time of groundnut boom in the north, can u mention one project they sited in the south wif the money? and to the west what project did they use ur cocoa proceeds to do in the south? abeg i need answrs. in as much as we r tryng to build a nonENTITY country with our oyel money they shud neva take us for a fool. .NNPC MONEYS CANT NEVA BE TAXPAYERS MONEY GET THAT INTO UR THICK SKULLS na hawa money.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by NosoChic: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2014
If indeed this report is true, GEJ is welding GROSS ENMITY against himself.

So it wasn't 49bn USD but was 10bn USD, that is still a lot of money.........so the man that called his attention to it is the one to resign abi.

Public servants first owe a duty to their nation........doing the presidents bidding is secondary to whatever is in the interest of Nigeria.

I really need to know who GEJ receives advice from.........they make it seem like we have many dull heads in Aso Rock. angry

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ImperialYoruba: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Omen100:

dude, can you please be specific or what's there that is difficult for you to say?

Just say My Aunt, Princess Stealer Oduah is a useless corrupt Nigeria public official, simple.

An Aunt with a beard! grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by tobex23(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2014

Only if you are clueless and passive that's when you would believe the president deserves respect, I know you are not!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ImperialYoruba: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2014
IbokUtoroh: taxPAYERS money? when last u pay tax? abeg leave our OYEL MOney for we mek we carry do what we want. during the time of groundnut boom in the north, can u mention one project they sited in the south wif the money? and to the west what project did they use ur cocoa proceeds to do in the south? abeg i need answrs. in as much as we r tryng to build a nonENTITY country with our oyel money they shud neva take us for a fool. .NNPC MONEYS CANT NEVA BE TAXPAYERS MONEY GET THAT INTO UR THICK SKULLS na hawa money.

What do they call God where you come from?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by tobex23(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2014
NosoChic: If indeed this report is true, GEJ is welding GROSS ENMITY against himself.

So it wasn't 49bn USD but was 10bn USD, that is still a lot of money.........so the man that called his attention to it is the one to resign abi.

Public servants first owe a duty to their nation........doing the presidents bidding is secondary to whatever is in the interest of Nigeria.

I really need to know who GEJ receives advice from.........they make it seem like we have many dull heads in Aso Rock. angry

Three words 'he is clueless'

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Ngwakwe: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2014
Why are people accusing GEJ of condoning corruption, knowing fully well there are rigid protocols laid down in both civil service commission and some autonomous agencies of the government on prosecution and removal of principle officers?

If GEJ brakes the protocol, he is damned, if he follow the protocol, he is still damned.

Thank goodness, GEJ is not a populist and needs to conduct himself more wisely to survive every banana pill and traps purposeful set against his second term ambition.

Every region, tribe, religion, social strata and persons in Nigeria now have an interest they wish to protect politically, hence GEJ should tread with caution knowing fully well that politics is a game of numbers and that Nigerians are not yet ready for institutionalised democracy.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ImperialYoruba: 8:24am On Jan 09, 2014
Ngwakwe: Why are people accusing GEJ of condoning corruption, knowing fully well there are rigid protocols laid down in both civil service commission and some autonomous agencies of the government on prosecution and removal of principle officers?

If GEJ brakes the protocol, he is damned, if he follow the protocol, he is still damned.

Thank goodness, GEJ is not a populist and needs to conduct himself more wisely to survive every banana pill and traps purposeful set against his second term ambition.

Every region, tribe, religion, social strata and persons in Nigeria now have an interest they wish to protect politically, hence GEJ should tread with caution knowing fully well that politics is a game of numbers and that Nigerians are not yet ready for institutionalised democracy.

Why do you bother to comment on nairaland?
Are you twins with deridegull?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2014
ImperialYoruba:

Go and watch him here with Obama. Notice how he is sucking on his tongue and twiddling thumbs in front of world press.

Listen when he talked about security in Africa and how it translates to security in Nigeria. I know Obama is looking at him like, " are you sure this guy has a phd?" He had to force a smile to avoid saying what truly was on his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfId24utuI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Some people say that's "Humility".

Classic signs of "Low Self Esteem."

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Pamcrest(f): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Why does GEJ want SLS to resign over a leaked letter? How many has he asked to resign over corruption (or petty stealing as he calls it)?
This president has no balls....can't he just fire d guy he hired? But then does he have cogent reasons to do so, or just because of his flimsy untenable display of intolerance to criticism.
My humble submission

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Jan 09, 2014
Ngwakwe: Why are people accusing GEJ of condoning corruption, knowing fully well there are rigid protocols laid down in both civil service commission and some autonomous agencies of the government on prosecution and removal of principle officers?

Nigerians are ready now but the issue is that Jonathan is feeling bad that it is during his time that the masses have increased awareness and interest. Contrary to what you and some others believe, it is neither APC nor Jonathan's fault but technology. The level of political and current affairs awareness in Nigeria has skyrocketed as a result of social media and Jonathan is paying the price of that just like those Policemen caught on camera collecting bribe.

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Omen100(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2014

Ma'am, its like you have being living Mars, which person are you requesting we show some respect?

is it the same President who doesn't give a damn about his subjects?

Please & please, President Jonathan is an unredeemable crosier and felonious leader, who deserved to be discarded by any given moment.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ba7man(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2014

Respect is "EARNED"............Not allocated bro.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by owobokiri(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2014
He shouldnt have been there in the first place and should have been thrown out much earlier by GEJ. But GEJ will always bend to breaking point just to accomodate this obstinate characters from the foot of futa jallon. Apart from his desert diction, what else has he got? Oh, i forgot., he memorised the koran at four.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Obiagu1(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathan's bootlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinking but tell me he was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will help you cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !

The problem was not about performing his duties, rather it was about the leak.

Like I have always said, it was a coordinated plot and the focal point that was needed to initiate the impeachment of the President, hence the mass defections from the PDP and the open letter. Unfortunately for the schemers, the figures were wrong and the plot collapsed.

Sanusi played politics to undermine his boss rather that patriotically perform his duty so he has to go.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2014
Virgin Finder: Billygoat beat me to it!
Damn!!
Virgin Finder, it's been a while. You took a break from NL to find your virgin, I guess.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Pukkah: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2014
luvinhubby: When it`s obvious that Sanusi is an incompetent liar. Time has revealed that his `so called` bank reforms was a big sham.
The fact that he was dancing around figures (from 48 to 12) on the `missing` amount shows he is an incompetent CBN governor.
The report of the auditors on the issue has proven him wrong so he should do the needful cheesy and resign.

Two things:

"it has since been established that it was not $49.8 billion that had not been remitted to the Federation Account, but $10.8 billion, which was still in dispute and by any stretch of imagination was still a large sum."

"Sanusi also expressed his surprise to the president that he was the one being asked to resign instead of the president to ask those responsible for the non-remittance of the funds to resign."
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by tempest01(m): 8:31am On Jan 09, 2014
All you dorks shouting tax payers money, you people can't comprehend. Money is remitted to cbn from Nnpc say monthly, as the governor of cbn, you can't get your figures right and know how much has not been remitted before coming out to make it political.
Your sin is not writing the president about non remittance, your sin is making reckless statement with reckless figures to destroy the reputation of the presidency.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Jman06(m): 8:31am On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathan's bootlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinking but tell me he was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will help you cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !
You are so pathetic! So you think Sanusi did the nation any good by making the false claim that a wooping $48.9b was not remitted into d federation account by d NNPC? Do you know what that means? It means that Nigeria's apex bank governor is IGNORANT of the modes of remitting money into the federation account by government agencies,and that is the height of INCOMPETENCE. In a saner clime, Sanusi would have since resigned without being told to.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Omen100(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2014

Mr or Mrs, you are a fool. A fool who earn his/her living from being foolish or who are you trying to deceive this morning? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Omen100(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2014
tempest01: All you fools shouting tax payers money, you people can't comprehend. Money is remitted to cbn from Nnpc say monthly, as the governor of cbn, you can't get your figures right and know how much has not been remitted before coming out to make it political.
Your sin is not writing the president about non remittance, your sin is making reckless statement with reckless figures to destroy the reputation of the presidency.

Another foolish statement from a flat headed fool. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Pukkah: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2014
Jman06: In a saner clime, Sanusi would have since resigned without being told to.

Oh yes, Sanusi should resign but what of those who failed to make the remittances?

What would happen to them in a 'saner' clime?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by nairaman66(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2014
NosoChic: If indeed this report is true, GEJ is welding GROSS ENMITY against himself.

Thats why in Aso Rock, monies are counted in DULLARDS $$ grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ImperialYoruba: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2014
ba7man: Some people say that's "Humility".

Classic signs of "Low Self Esteem."

He exhibits signs of inadequacies. Im not sure he feels as secure on land as he does in the creek, sorrounded by water and swamp alligators. Next time in Washington they should put alligators within his view to boost his confidence. Shhyyte!!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Omen100(m): 8:41am On Jan 09, 2014
owobokiri: He shouldnt have been there in the first place and should have been[b] thrown out much earlier by GEJ[/b]. But GEJ will always bend to breaking point just to accomodate this obstinate characters from the foot of futa jallon. Apart from his desert diction, what else has he got? Oh, i forgot., he memorised the koran at four.

And you think the president possesses such powers, Mr. Fool. Will go now and open your shop this morning and those with brains to discuss pressing national issues. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by omenka(m): 8:42am On Jan 09, 2014
owobokiri: But GEJ will always bend to breaking point just to accomodate this...
And your Otuoke Mandela also has limitless elasticity when it comes to tolerance for corruption. Little wonder he chided nigerians on national tv for refering to ''ordinary stealing as corruption''.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ShyDare(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Dis sanusi gai no snd @ all @ all, some of his decisions may av bin 'wayward' buh he did well in sweepin away akingbola, atuche & co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Pelt Jonathan With Stones If…- Oshiomhole / Governor Fayemi’s Earliest Appointments Anger Muslim Youths / Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.