Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! (1010 Views)

Stop Worrying! Get Your Business Up And Running / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 / How Much Have You Made Online From January Till Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by yemionline(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
If you’ve been around for quite some time you would agree with me that the rate of unemployment in this country Is on the increase even as more and more graduates are being turned out yearly without a facility in place to offer them a job capable of sustaining them and their families.
With the way things are going, sitting down and thinking of what you can do with your own hands and brain may be your best and only option.

The truth of the matter is that nothing beats being your own boss.

Here are some of the advantages

1. You define your own work hours.
When you are your own boss, you get to pick the number of hours a day you work. This gives you more freedom and time for other things. Although you may only begin to enjoy this benefit a few years down the road after your business has been fully established

2. There is no limit to the amount of money you can make.
Being your own boss actually makes the sky your limit as there is no ceiling to the amount of money you can make.

Let me tell you something that will shock you, “No employer has the intention of paying his employees enough money to make them rich” yea yea, you heard that right. So you see why doing something other than your salary paying job is the only way to go. I’m not saying you should quit your day job if you already have one and start a business, all I’m saying is that you need to have it at the back of your mind that your salary probably will not give you the breakthrough you require.

3. You don’t have to wait till the end of the month to get paid

One of the things that sucks about a day job is the fact that you have to wait for 30 whole days to get paid your salary which could be really be frustrating . There is nothing like getting daily turnover, no matter how little it is, it’s still worth something. It has a way of boosting your morale and encouraging you to work harder towards making your business venture more profitable.

So then, why aren’t many people running their own business you may ask?
Well one of the primary reasons I discovered stopping people from starting /owing a business is the fear of starting. Sad but true. You may not want to accept it but deep down you know it’s true.
When you allow fear to grip your mind, you have simply allowed yourself to be stagnated because you would just prefer staying in your comfort zone rather than stepping out and believing that all things will work together for your good.
Even if you start your dream business and fail, you are not considered to be a failure until you stop trying.
Michael Faraday the inventor of the light bulb was said to have failed over 10,000 times before finally getting it right. And when he was asked how he felt about failing over 10,000 times, he replied by saying that he didn’t fail, he only learnt 10,000 ways of not doing it.

Not many of us will be willing to try that much number of times before giving up. And who says you are going to fail that many number of times.
There is usually a lot of "what Ifs" associated with venturing into new territories.
You begin to have thoughts like…… what if it doesn’t work, what if I fail. So let me ask you, what If it works out, and what if you succeed Huh I guess you’ll never know until you try.

Martin Luther king jnr II said something that I totally agree with, here it goes “Just take the first step, you don’t have to see the whole stair case just take the first step”

Take a step of faith and start that dream business and just believe that as soon as you start, the universal forces will co-operate with you.
You don’t have to wait until you have those millions before you start, trust me if you do, you’ll probably never start anything.
It’s not a crime to start small, even the Bible tells us not to despise our days of little beginning. It only becomes a crime when you choose to remain small and refuse to grow.

Well with this few points of mine, I hope I’ve been able to open your eyes to the necessity of doing something with your hands and not expecting the government to do everything for you. Thanks.

Source: http://www.yemionline.com/2013/07/why-you-dont-own-business-up-till-now.html

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by prettyrose: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
this is true,people like their comfort zone
Re: Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by lcoral(f): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2014
yemionline: If you’ve been around for quite some time you would agree with me that the rate of unemployment in this country Is on the increase even as more and more graduates are being turned out yearly without a facility in place to offer them a job capable of sustaining them and their families.
With the way things are going, sitting down and thinking of what you can do with your own hands and brain may be your best and only option.

The truth of the matter is that nothing beats being your own boss.

Here are some of the advantages

1. You define your own work hours.
When you are your own boss, you get to pick the number of hours a day you work. This gives you more freedom and time for other things. Although you may only begin to enjoy this benefit a few years down the road after your business has been fully established

2. There is no limit to the amount of money you can make.
Being your own boss actually makes the sky your limit as there is no ceiling to the amount of money you can make.

Let me tell you something that will shock you, “No employer has the intention of paying his employees enough money to make them rich” yea yea, you heard that right. So you see why doing something other than your salary paying job is the only way to go. I’m not saying you should quit your day job if you already have one and start a business, all I’m saying is that you need to have it at the back of your mind that your salary probably will not give you the breakthrough you require.

3. You don’t have to wait till the end of the month to get paid

One of the things that sucks about a day job is the fact that you have to wait for 30 whole days to get paid your salary which could be really be frustrating . There is nothing like getting daily turnover, no matter how little it is, it’s still worth something. It has a way of boosting your morale and encouraging you to work harder towards making your business venture more profitable.

So then, why aren’t many people running their own business you may ask?
Well one of the primary reasons I discovered stopping people from starting /owing a business is the fear of starting. Sad but true. You may not want to accept it but deep down you know it’s true.
When you allow fear to grip your mind, you have simply allowed yourself to be stagnated because you would just prefer staying in your comfort zone rather than stepping out and believing that all things will work together for your good.
Even if you start your dream business and fail, you are not considered to be a failure until you stop trying.
Michael Faraday the inventor of the light bulb was said to have failed over 10,000 times before finally getting it right. And when he was asked how he felt about failing over 10,000 times, he replied by saying that he didn’t fail, he only learnt 10,000 ways of not doing it.

Not many of us will be willing to try that much number of times before giving up. And who says you are going to fail that many number of times.
There is usually a lot of "what Ifs" associated with venturing into new territories.
You begin to have thoughts like…… what if it doesn’t work, what if I fail. So let me ask you, what If it works out, and what if you succeed Huh I guess you’ll never know until you try.

Martin Luther king jnr II said something that I totally agree with, here it goes “Just take the first step, you don’t have to see the whole stair case just take the first step”

Take a step of faith and start that dream business and just believe that as soon as you start, the universal forces will co-operate with you.
You don’t have to wait until you have those millions before you start, trust me if you do, you’ll probably never start anything.
It’s not a crime to start small, even the Bible tells us not to despise our days of little beginning. It only becomes a crime when you choose to remain small and refuse to grow.

Well with this few points of mine, I hope I’ve been able to open your eyes to the necessity of doing something with your hands and not expecting the government to do everything for you. Thanks.

Source: http://www.yemionline.com/2013/07/why-you-dont-own-business-up-till-now.html
Re: Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by blessedjohn: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thank you.
Re: Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by wofaiwillis: 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
I think the challenge most people encounter is their. Inability to determine how to get their products and services to their target market. Every ecommerce site would allow you make postings but how exactly can you stand out under your product segment. I believe the 21st century customer just want to have your product information at the tip of their finger, and if possible, delivered to them at their comfort zones, cos frankly, the anxiety associated with searching for stuffs online with the thought of scammers everywhere, has dropped.

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Own A Business Up Till Now!!! by yemionline(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2014
wofaiwillis:
I think the challenge most people encounter is their. Inability to determine how to get their products and services to their target market. Every ecommerce site would allow you make postings but how exactly can you stand out under your product segment. I believe the 21st century customer just want to have your product information at the tip of their finger, and if possible, delivered to them at their comfort zones, cos frankly, the anxiety associated with searching for stuffs online with the thought of scammers everywhere, has dropped.

What you have said is also correct. but regardless of all that, the number of ecommerce website still keep increasing by the day and those who play their game well still cash in on their own share of the profit. All it takes is an idea. You have to learn to do things a lil differently from the masses to achieve results that are different from that of the masses.

(1) (Reply)

Running A Computer Business Centre I.e Cafe, Plastic I.D Cards, Result Checkin / Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions / Auction! Auction! For Custom Impounded Rice And Vegetable Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.