Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? (65906 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / How Did Nigerians React To Colonial Masters During Colonial Era / Why Do Nigerians Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
lol I don't hate Nigerians and I never did. In fact surprisingly when people say shirt about Nigerians am one of the first people to defend you peeps cos I also take offence to it (silly me ryt). Most times when you ppl say shit I don't say anything bit sometimes like today I will. What started as a question all the foreigners like to know ended up as a bashing session. Am only giving out what I receive
wink
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
tell that to 'african american forum' you troll all through the years grin
troll!

Loll which African American forum do I troll?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lozanni(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
gofyourself:

Human being

Lolz.

I wont be surprised if you were born bred in Nigeria.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:

Why do you hate Satan... Because you have been made to hate him
Why do you love Jesus... Because you have been made to look e him
Why do Islamic extremist commits cider at will. Because they have been made to believe that's the right thing to do. When you are in a min guided system. You can't tell right from wrong. We're you ever given a nickname back in school. Cos of an irregularity on your body? If you were to meet some of your old mates and they call you by that nick name. Would you take it that. That's what they called you back then so it's cool?

My original surname is "Oleh" but in yoruba it means thief.. what do you suggest, I tell entire yoruba race to stop using that word right?
When I hear them call "Oleh" since it means a different thing to them, I simply ignore, the phrase means a different thing here, Brother learn to ignore

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
all4naija:
At least, learn how to write in English language not in Fula! We are not in Al-Majiri class here, you i d i o t! Bwahaha...

Maccudo, mi famaay, useni, Ekkita English, mi yetti maasin.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Real live people where is the picture of the plane. So the stat is against nigeria then is outdated. Bish please
Shut the f**k up, bozo! You've got no common sense as a human, dwarf. I can now understand the reason why Nigerians look down on your people due to their foolish nature.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

You r really getting me wrong, I'm not saying it is right, M saying when you hear such words it's not always a nasty remark, so don't always get offended, that's my point, some people make this comment with all "innocence".

Let's say you were telling your kid about Nigeria and she ask you "is it that country, that is known for fraud" I would actually be stupid to get angry, that's an innocent statement, unless when the person is been sarcastic, so that my point, try to discern when the writer/speaker is been sarcastic to when he or she is just trying to clarify a kind of bag.

There is a negative connotation behind that word. What about the family of the many Ghanaians that died during that event. Don't you think is insensitive for you guys to call it Ghana must go.

The bag preceded the event, so you mean to tell me the bag had no name before the event.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Good, then why not insult the individuals and not the entire root..
Now I happen to fall under that tribe, my family included and then what "you have called us silly people"..
Let's say you are the first of your kind I have met, what do you think will be my conclusion now? I would say sha maybe that how "they behave at her place"
And then when someone from your place here me say such, he attacks and gradually the war spins off, affecting generations with no knowledge of what actually transpired!

That has always been the entire human race wahala, we too quick to stereotype.
My apologises. I should not have generalised a whole tribe even though I know personally you have been amongst those that cause trouble but I know that it was very wrong of me to generalise cos I actually do know some wonderful igbo people. Even if all I met was bad I have not met the whole population so really from the bottom of my heart I sincerely apologise. Peace

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Truckpusher(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Loool.

Brev, it's good to be proud and patriotic but stop flattering yourself - Nigeria isn't an intellectual property and there's absolutely no impeccable record for anyone to envy, apart from a few high flying individuals. Maybe, impeccable record in scams/fraud and naija Churches scattered all over the planet - who knows? grin

The earlier Nigerians start telling themselves the truth, the better for us all. The only reason why folks notice Nigerians everywhere is because of the huge population explosion. Outside that, there's nothing to be proud of. Even the ol'good Super Eagles have now gone bust! grin

Big ups to naij - but someone has to say the truth, no matter how bitter it's.
I appreciate your effort in always saying the ugly ,bitter and undiluted truth but sometimes the truth from folks like you is akin to that of the conqueror writing about the battle between them and their enemies ,such truth is always tainted with lies ,bitterness ,wrong perception and of course a cosmetic approach to suit the victorious side.
I have stayed here most of my life and I have seen it all and when I said that Nigeria is moving forward folks like you should either find out the truth for themselves and not sitting on a mountain top and determine the length of a man's hand.

I never said that Nigeria is being envied by anyone, I was merely referring to the giant strides made by Nigerians in all works of life which has made the civilized nations/people to look in awe and admire our resilience as a people even with all our individual battered hopes and lost dreams.

The scam/fraud You keep hammering on is being perpetrated by a small percentage of the people that makes up this great nation and this country can't and shouldn't be classified as such under any circumstances unless by those that are bent on always relegating us to the gutters.
The Nigeria of the 90s is not the same Nigeria we have right now though I totally agree that we have a lot of work to do.
Finally, the burden of building a nation starts from/with a particular generation ,we are passing through a phase just like every other great nation and with one master stroke we would be there it is just a matter of time and that time is already here .
I'm blindly patriotic to Nigeria and that you can't take away from me and this is my greatest asset as a Nigerian .
You'll always see the negative things about Nigeria ,I'll always choose the positives, and work towards the total actualization of it.
So help me God.

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
How on earth did you put those two together and arrived that is insulting girls. Am talking about two different things my dear and it seems you have completely lost the boat. There is nothing vivid about my imagination. I am talking facts and onila herself knows what I mean. I typed LalaLand. Are you Lalaland? If the shoe fits then...
lol. We're saying the same thing. She is viewing it from another angle.. I dunno!
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
civilised indeedgrin
all you guys knows is to eat your smell banku nd keke.
how do u guys cope, cos u all cant cook a descent meal.
those meals you all are eating today, came about when there was hardship in ghana. even after the hardship, you ghanaians got so addicted to the smelly forsaking delicacygrin
Babe e don do now.... dz kinda beefing doesn't mk sense, nobody knows tomorrow o. I know u re joking but I don't think the ppl re finding it funny.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
I love dark skinned thick black women, I am more than willing to become their slaves

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
all4naija:
Shut the f**k up, bozo! You've got no common sense as a human, dwarf. I can now understand the reason why Nigerians look down on your people due to their foolish nature.

Like we care, we are too civilize to look down on another person. U

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ireneony(f): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
[sub][/sub]vDo you feel better now? Cos it just makes you look so lame. You won't find me arguing about food because am above that sweet. Try and get some class. You can't have that village mentality all the time wink
I wanna ask this question
why do Ghanaians hate their skin so much?
why do Ghanaians loves to lick the Whitman's butt?
why do Hollywood use mixed race actors/actresses, even when 99.8% of Ghanaians are like burnt offering?

why are most ghanians women short with an horse a.as?

why do Ghanaians love Nigeria somuch, but they will pretend to hate us?
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CaptPlanet(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
It's either this Op has an inferiority complex or he has a small dick.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
what is this modafvvker sayingundecided
ghannaians are the biggest white a.ss lickers...
i have seen this with my eyes.
eheeeeeen!!! Tell me something...
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

Maccudo, mi famaay, useni, Ekkita English, mi yetti maasin.
Smh...! It is not funny! You've just proved how ignorant and primitive you are. That is a clear evidence you detest Western education like your Boko Haram brothers in the North.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

*yawns*
Come bk with facts
they are here already. Am using the info u furnish me with
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Most of the superiority talk is harmless... I don't think this is something that we should even be arguing about. Other countries make fun of Nigeria and Nigerians also.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:
I love dark skinned thick black women, I am more than willing to become their slaves
You should come to Ghana we have them in abundance lol. But don't tell royalp

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lezz(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
sonzo666:

Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa by the virtue of its population and not coz Nigerians are the smartest.If we judge things per capita,I am pretty sure Nigeria wont be among the top 20 economies in Africa.Can you tell me why is Nigeria economy in troubles right now,whereas countries like Kenya,ethiopia .....etc are growing?You don't seem to be able to make a distinction between talent and success:Nigerian artists are successful but they aren't talented!Idem for the nollywood personel!Who told you that Nigeria has the highest concentration of billionaires and millionnaires?
if Nigeria's economic status is by population alone, then Ethiopia will be right behind us with 80 million people.

You say Nigeria is in economic crisis? Darn!!! Take my advice, give yourself a nairaland-leave and go see what's happening around the world.

As I type this, Nigeria is the 6th fastest growing economy in the world!!!! Fact.
That's why I say don't type with emotions. Nigeria's economy grows presently by %4.9 down from %6 due to international oil price slump.

As for the billionaire and millionaire stuffs. We aren't just the largest on mother continent, Nigeria, turkey and Indonesia are producing millionaires faster than any other country in the world right now. Nigeria is just behind indonesia.

You mention the per capital stuff. Believe me that's what little countries use to measure up with big countries. Let me give you a run down of the biggest economies in the world and check their per capital GDP. THEY ALWAYS DON'T TALLY. Here we go :

1: The United States has the biggest economy but not the highest PER CAPITAL followed closely by

2: China her PER CAPITAL is still a long way down.

3: Japan is next still with a trialling PER CAPITAL.

GERMANY

FRANCE

BRITAIN and
ITALY follows.

The countries with the highest per capital happens to be tiny European countries especially from the Scandinavia region of Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland.

Now, quote me with a sober THANKS.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

There is a negative connotation behind that word. What about the family of the many Ghanaians that died during that event. Don't you think is insensitive for you guys to call it Ghana must go.

The bag preceded the event, so you mean to tell me the bag had no name before the event.

Honestly, if it had a name, I don't know, my elder brother doesn't even and im sure my dad won't too. Funny thing is "even inside Ghana, Nigerians still call the bag Ghana must go" you see.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ireneony(f): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

Loll which African American forum do I troll?
should I drop your usernameundecided
you opened a thread like this; beauty of funali ladies...
stop beating around the bushgrin

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Like we care, we are too civilize to look down on another person. U
What a getsure to feel good about your peasant nature. Go get some swag like Nigerians, you i d i o t!
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
UnimkeAk:

And what has the north contributed to Nigeria.

They bring nothing to the table except their desert spoons to milk the country dry.

Oh yes we are also very "tribalistic"

But no think am;
If I see anyone fighting my northern broda,

Na Origin bottle I go take tear him head. grin
oga no dey waste origin. I suppose kiss inside . grin
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
My apologises. I should not have generalised a whole tribe even though I know personally you have been amongst those that cause trouble but I know that it was very wrong of me to generalise cos I actually do know some wonderful igbo people. Even if all I met was bad I have not met the whole population so really from the bottom of my heart I sincerely apologise. Peace

Are you single, my brother is searching for a wife grin? Lol

And I don't do tribal war, lol, I only react to stereotyping, it hurts me alot, don't know why!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
they are here already. Am using the info u furnish me with

Lol,ok carry on
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
civilised indeedgrin
all you guys knows is to eat your smell banku nd keke.
how do u guys cope, cos u all cant cook a descent meal.
those meals you all are eating today, came about when there was hardship in ghana. even after the hardship, you ghanaians got so addicted to the smelly forsaking delicacygrin

*Know
*small
*decent
*forsaken

Chai, English no be ur way atall. I guarantee you no fit ever sabi type/speak correct English in your life grin

English language don suffer! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
I think OP is a female.

CaptPlanet:
It's either this Op has an inferiority complex or he has a small dick.
Fulaman198:
You have always enslaved yourself to fools from Ghana, you Chadian immigrant.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
lezz:
if Nigeria's economic status is by population alone, then Ethiopia will be right behind us with 80 million people.

You say Nigeria is in economic crisis? Darn!!! Take my advice, give yourself a nairaland-leave and go see what's happening around the world.

As I type this, Nigeria is the 6th fastest growing economy in the world!!!! Fact.
That's why I say don't type with emotions. Nigeria's economy grows presently by %4.9 down from %6 due to international oil price slump.

As for the billionaire and millionaire stuffs. We aren't just the largest on mother continent, Nigeria, turkey and Indonesia are producing millionaires faster than any other country in the world right now. Nigeria is just behind indonesia.

You mention the per capital stuff. Believe me that's what little countries use to measure up with big countries. Let me give you a run down of the biggest economies in the world and check their per capital GDP. THEY ALWAYS DON'T TALLY. Here we go :

1: The United States has the biggest economy but not the highest PER CAPITAL followed closely by

2: China her PER CAPITAL is still a long way down.

3: Japan is next still with a trialling PER CAPITAL.

GERMANY

FRANCE

BRITAIN and
ITALY follows.

The countries with the highest per capital happens to be tiny European countries especially from the Scandinavia region of Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland.

Now, quote me with a sober THANKS.

And largest economy in africa too lol number1 just adding to dat beautiful list

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Honestly, if it had a name, I don't know, my elder brother doesn't even and im sure my dad won't too. Funny thing is "even inside Ghana, Nigerians still call the bag Ghana must go" you see.

Your government should hv stopped its citizens from referring to the bag as such. That shows hoe civilized Ghanaians are that we don't even bother nigerians for referring to bag as such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

The Importance Attached To The 2nd Child(orlu) In Igbo Culture. / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.