Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan (134791 Views)

UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread / 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. / Get JAMB 2014/2015 Direct Entry Card Online! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 3:38am On Jul 23, 2014
bidey4real: U'll check it in U.I's admission office and also register it there,u wil register it in a record sheet,write ur course,phone no and reg.no on dat transcpt and attach ur o'levl to it. That is what d woman askd me to do. Secondly,submssn of transcpt continues until admssn procesng starts. Bt it is advisable to ensure ur transcpt reaches U.I immediately afta d release of P.u.t.m.e result. I care.......
hw do u write the letter requesting for ur transcript to be sent to ui from ur sch. What is the format like?

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 3:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Dotmanmighty: I'm confused! I bought jamb direct entry form, chose ui on both choice, i had submitted my credential at jamb office and requested for sending of my transcript which must av been sent by now. Is there another form to buy or what's the next thing to do? Thanks as u reply my text
how do u write the letter to ur sch? What is the format? Example will suffice.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 3:54am On Jul 23, 2014
What is the address to send my transcript to?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Spotless180: how do u write the letter to ur sch? What is the format? Example will suffice.
dis was how i did mine @poly ib. Jst go to ur sch exams/records section then u can tell dem u wanna apply 4d collection of transcript, u'll be asked to pay some amount of money then u'll be given a form to fill and also be directed on d next step to take . Xo jst chill i doubt u writing any leta
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Gbengem: dis was how i did mine @poly ib. Jst go to ur sch exams/records section then u can tell dem u wanna apply 4d collection of transcript, u'll be asked to pay some amount of money then u'll be given a form to fill and also be directed on d next step to take . Xo jst chill i doubt u writing any leta
they said i should write a letter and pay the sum of 1000naira in bank. I nid the letter format.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by sigolisis: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Spotless180: they said i should write a letter and pay the sum of 1000naira in bank. I nid the letter format.

Application method varies from school to school, some schools just give you a form to fill but if your own school insist on writing application, you can use any format, just make sure you give the most important info in your letter. It's a normal formal letter (as we were taught in secondary school) i.e two addresses, title (Application for Transcript). Dear Sir/Ma, my name is...........
YOUR FULL NAME
MATRIC NO/STUDENT NUMBER
DEPARTMENT/COURSE
YEAR OF GRADUATION

Also, you must state the school (university) where you want the transcript sent to i.e UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE. Some people address theirs to THE REGISTRAR, it's ok just make sure you include UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE in your address. Hope you have an idea now? It is not polite for me to give you any format, use any format of a formal letter but make sure all the information your school needs to process your transcript are stated in the letter.

I must not forget to remind you that you need to be on their neck in your school to get the transcript on time, it takes time to process

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by cuteyguy: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2014
hmmmm,pls guys i finished frm poly ibadan,course :Science Lab.Tech departmnt with upper credit 3.7,wot courses are available for me to study?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Shadexbabe: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2014
please is ND postgraduate cert. or postgraduate diploma
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Ampicillin: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Shadexbabe: please is ND postgraduate cert. or postgraduate diploma

ND is NATIONAL DIPLOMA, postgraduate as in how?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Ampicillin: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2014
cuteyguy: hmmmm,pls guys i finished frm poly ibadan,course :Science Lab.Tech departmnt with upper credit 3.7,wot courses are available for me to study?

It depends on you, any science related course. marine, botany, biology, microbiology, medical lab, chemistry, physics, etc
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
sigolisis:

Application method varies from school to school, some schools just give you a form to fill but if your own school insist on writing application, you can use any format, just make sure you give the most important info in your letter. It's a normal formal letter (as we were taught in secondary school) i.e two addresses, title (Application for Transcript). Dear Sir/Ma, my name is...........
YOUR FULL NAME
MATRIC NO/STUDENT NUMBER
DEPARTMENT/COURSE
YEAR OF GRADUATION

Also, you must state the school (university) where you want the transcript sent to i.e UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE. Some people address theirs to THE REGISTRAR, it's ok just make sure you include UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE in your address. Hope you have an idea now? It is not polite for me to give you any format, use any format of a formal letter but make sure all the information your school needs to process your transcript are stated in the letter.

I must not forget to remind you that you need to be on their neck in your school to get the transcript on time, it takes time to process
k thanks. I nid 2 be fast as i dnt know when ui will come calling.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by olamidey3(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
sigolisis: Pls note the following:
1. Address your transcript to UNDERGRADUATE admission office when applying for it in your school
2. Confirm from your school whether the transcript has been sent or not before going to UI
3. Ask your school the exact date the transcript was sent and go to UI to confirm it
4. If your school sent your transcript and it's not found in admission office, it's either hanging at the post office (i.e UI has not gone to pick them) or it's been taking to UI POSTGRADUATE admission office, hence need to go to PG admission office to search for it.
5. If your school has not sent your transcript, there is nothing to worry about (UI has not even requested for submission of transcript), but start processing it now so that it can meet up
6. If your school has sent your own transcript, there is need to go to UI and establish that fact and do the necessary as bidey4real rightly stated above.
7. Start processing all other documents you may need for that admission that are not readily available with you e.g statement of result (waec/neco), birth certificate/sworn affidavit, school certificate/testimonial, NYSC certificate (if applicable), etc
8. If you've not yet obtained DE JAMB form and you wish to, there is still hope but ACT FAST.

SUCCESS 2 ALL
I'm just applyin 4 my transcript, pls can u jst giv me d format of d address; is it like dis; undergradute admission office, university of ibadan, (location) i don't knw.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Spotless180: they said i should write a letter and pay the sum of 1000naira in bank. I nid the letter format.
if thatz d case write a formal letter to ur sch registra's office in request for your academic transcript stating d reason y u're requesting 4d transcript. I fink diz lil clue will help. Or jst meet wit does in charge of d transcript processing to hint u on how to write d leta.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by DazzleRachy(f): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
please is direct entry student taking post ume form for U.I?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by sigolisis: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
olamidey3: I'm just applyin 4 my transcript, pls can u jst giv me d format of d address; is it like dis; undergradute admission office, university of ibadan, (location) i don't knw.

THE ADMISSION OFFICE
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
IBADAN, OYO STATE

OR

THE REGISTRAR
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
IBADAN, OYO STATE

Don't bother yourself on the P.O box or any other thing, UI is known, you just need to specify where the transcript should go when it gets to UI

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by sigolisis: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
DazzleRachy: please is direct entry student taking post ume form for U.I?

NO
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by olamidey3(m): 5:22am On Jul 25, 2014
sigolisis:

THE ADMISSION OFFICE
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
IBADAN, OYO STATE

OR

THE REGISTRAR
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
IBADAN, OYO STATE

Don't bother yourself on the P.O box or any other thing, UI is known, you just need to specify where the transcript should go when it gets to UI
thanks alot
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Shadexbabe: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2014
Please is it a must that I go to UI to register the transcript after sending it?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Ampicillin: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2014
Shadexbabe: Please is it a must that I go to UI to register the transcript after sending it?

NOT A MUST PLS[b][/b] I think ''sending'' is different from ''submitting''. The whole essence of going to UI after sending is to confirm whether they received it or not. If you really care about your admission, don't put your destiny in the hand of ''postal agency machinery'' my opinion anyway
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by akinsanmiobafemi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ampicillin:

It depends on you, any science related course. marine, botany, biology, microbiology, medical lab, chemistry, physics, etc

Are u sure of what u are saying? I was at UI admission office last week. Was told UI doesn't take ND/HND for DE into microbiology dept. I was told they are just planning to start doing so next session. Where is d source of ur info.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gmtolap(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
can i submit my transcript by hand without allowing my school to send it for me?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by DazzleRachy(f): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Alryt tnx buh plz re we nt paying for any registration or transcript processing like oda sch?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Spotless180(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
i was told dat my transcript will be ready toward d end of august. what does dat portend for me?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by significance: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2014
Pls can I submit my transcript by myself and do the registration at once? Must my school send it?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by adegab4real007: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2014
significance: Pls can I submit my transcript by myself and do the registration at once? Must my school send it?

Yes you can IF you have it with you. Note: Transcript is different from Statement of Result.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Godsonpaul: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2014
Pls house, is Direct Entry form still on sale?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Shadexbabe: 9:48am On Jul 30, 2014
Yes. Direct Entry is still on Sale but might close any moment from now
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by significance: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Thanks@Adegab......when I go to UI to register the Transcript, what other documents should I go with?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by adegab4real007: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
significance: Thanks@Adegab......when I go to UI to register the Transcript, what other documents should I go with?

Go with ALL ur documents, but I believe u will only b required to attach ur O'level result(2) to it
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by yinka500: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am so sorry to those who have been expecting me to say one or two things concerning the UI DE admission. I will always welcome wassup message because I am always busy and I may not always have time to respond on here. Welcome, the clearance/admission on for DE applicant has not been scheduled yet. Kindly, send your transcript or bring it to the admission office your self. One love
2014/2015 ADMISSIONS EXERCISE
08101352928. Yinka,
For your registration and exams tips.
Come to Delayus shop, opposite UI gate,
Or wassup the above number
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by jobgbemi(m): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Pls I'm an industrial safety and environmental engineering technology student, of Petroleum Training Institute. Pls can I apply for UI DE into petroleum engineering? And can my CGPA of 3.33 be favourable? Pls help me
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by jobgbemi(m): 5:48am On Aug 02, 2014
jobgbemi: Pls I'm an industrial safety and environmental engineering technology student, of Petroleum Training Institute. Pls can I apply for UI DE into petroleum engineering? And can my CGPA of 3.33 be favourable? Pls help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! / Latest News On ASUU Strike / Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.