Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51227 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Aahammed1: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Truely the best player, yaya toure deserved the award.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Jiggyronnie: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Congrats Yaya, better luck for Mikel next time I hope...
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by peacelife(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
congrat 2 him.
but as long as isa kafayatu or wateva is stil d calf or caf president. dnt xpect any nigerian 2 win it.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Why APC no fit rig the award in favour of Mikel abi no be Lagos Dem do am?

If na Jonathan na, Dem go gather musclegrin

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by noble4d(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
congratulation yaya......u deserve it
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by musb92yahooco: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Congratulation u deserve it best midfielder in the world.

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by SoloAtna(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
He deserve it more than me
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by vision20(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
[/color]
LifeQuest: Hmn
sorry o[color=#006600]
sorry o
sorry o
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Adonbilivit u mean d private jet wil be aheading 2 england empty?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Larryupsy: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well deserved,just wish Mikel won it based on sentiments and patrotism.Yahyah Toure is the perfect representative and symbol of Africa football in 2013.Congratulations
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by leggo: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl, suicide is not the answer o

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nnamdini(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
The fact Yaya Toure won this award again shows there's a huge dearth of talents in africa now.Yaya is even a midfielder for that matter.how many times has Drogba been nominated over the years? Its a wake-up call to the continent

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by vision2050: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
nnafather: CAF Politics...
shut up shey Caf na Pdp?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by stephenobuks(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Work Harder Next Time #Mikel......CONGRATULATION to Chief Yaya Toure. Well deserved.

CAF's award update: APC blames jonathan for mikel obi's loss of african footballer of d year acuses him of been clueless, Jonathan promises to set up a commitee to look into the matter, Elrufai scearms yaya toure is number8 on the sniperlist, Obasanjo writs mikel an open letter, boko haram claims responsibility for d loss of mikel to yaya toure promises more loss if mikel do not convert to , asari tokumbo warns APC blood will flow if Mikel losses again, Fani kayode blames stella udua for allowin Mikel to b flown in by chelsea jet,Wole soyinka speaks dat if mikel has good education he would hav won it,patrick obahiagbon said d curruption is at its peak cos mikel is naïve and lack komondos miandrin,Finally oshomole writes mikel 3million naira cheque for loosing

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by sunygal(f): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
How does yaya deserve dis award?what did he win or do last year?not a fan of Mikel but 9ja did well 2013.so it should av been mikel.my tot thou

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by interestingleap: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by eluquenson(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
A well deserved victory.
Nigerians should call a spade a spade undecided Yaya deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ozikam: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
So,African best player is judged by the numba of goals. Well, Toure, big CONGRATS. He deserved it though, Mikel try harder, u are almost there.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by kiyosaki1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
pukena: Sheer robbery!
say who ?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
sunygal: How does yaya deserve dis award?what did he win or do last year?not a fan of Mikel but 9ja did well 2013.so it should av been mikel.my tot thou
I bet u didn't say this when the
award eluded Mohammed Aboutrika 3
consecutive times when he won
the nations cup with Egypt,
african champions league and
the Egyptian league with Al Ahly.
But hypocrites like u are ready to
bring ''best player in Africa''
when it suits Mikel.

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ABB1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please what's the criteria for winning this useless award cos I don't seem to understand this CAF abi na CAP angry

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by chemberlin(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
I hate watching things like this how can Yaya win it if that is so then Ronaldo deserve it too not Ribery...French speaking country can do ojoro oooo
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by fpeter(f): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
So what happens to the jet that Mikel came with?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thought Mikel will complete this NIGERIA night ooo

not happy at all
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ichommy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Speechless, Congratulations to him
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
[b]
Mikel really impressed last year no doubts buh that doesn't guarantee him the award.. Even Enyeama woulda been a better choice for the award.. The only notable thing is the Europa Cup he lifted and the Nations Cup too.. Think of it, @ d Nations cup, Sunday Mba was the star man.. @ the Confed Cup, Mikel tried but it was an average performance.. @ Chelsea, he's being benched not cuz his coach is biased, Mikel's Gameplay needs a complete Overhaul.. I've seen DMF's n CMF's that are damn good.. Sergio Busquets | Cheik Tiote | Fernandinho | Cabaye | Yaya Toure etc, These dudes throw in crunching Tackles, break-up play, Spread passes and ease burden off the team.. What can Mikel Do, Throw tackle and still play a Back Pass(Most times Unnecessary).. I Think the award should go to Yaya Toure.. He's been consistent, a tireless worker and full of contribution on pitch.. Incase u are still confused, here are details:

Lemme Compare Yaya | Mikel..

Consistency - Yaya Toure
Defence Splitting Passes - Yaya Toure
Shots - Yaya Toure
Goals - Yaya Toure
Hold up Play - Yaya Toure
DMF Role - Mikel
CMF , AMF - Yaya Toure
Dribbles, Movement - Yaya Toure
Aerial Threat - Yaya Toure
Set-Piece Threat - Yaya Toure
Team Stat - Yaya = 90% Contribution
Team Stat - Mikel = 35% Contribution

How come people saying Mikel Deserves Baller
of The Year.. He's Good Though, Buh Yaya is a
Beast, A Monster and the Best Black Midfielder
in the world.. Yaya is among Top Ten
Midfielders Right Now in the World.. There's no Club in the world that can afford to Bench Yaya Toure with the kind of form he's on @ d Moment.. A Midfielder who sprays Long range passes with both Feet, Throws in Tackles, Drives through opposition defense, Splits defense with passes, Takes shots from anywhere.. I Like Mikel's Defensive duties buh I Don't like any Dude that Makes use of Sideways Passes and Backwards Passes..

Mikel's a PET.. Toure's a BEAST..
[/b]

27 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Walelavender(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
So the guguru & epa awards go to Nigeria? Congrats Yaya..Mikel U need to up your game
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bumdish: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by johniho1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
SMH.... My fellow country men please let us end all this fight between Mikel and Yaya for God sake.

I was hoping my Nigga Mikel will win this shit award but *crying* but.... mr yaya won it... so let end our dual now and talk about the fake award giving to naija na... Hope mikel scores 30goals b4 2015 so e qo win am!!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
When dem say make una
vote Mikel for BBC African
Footballer of the Year, una
dey here dey make mouth...mtewww.But Please
No One Should Write An
Open Letter To CAF.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by comcentury(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
I really felt mikel should have won it I mean look at it from here mikel won the nations cup won the uefa played the confederations cup and helped Nigeria qualify for the world cup..that alone should have won him the laurel does it mean you have to score more goals to win it just because Yaya scored more goals he won it again but Yaya actually didn't win anything last year..

I think This should motivate Mikel to play better this season he's this close to win it next time he should work more on his goal scoring ability..take heart Mikel I simply want you to work harder this season .....in my heart you are my African footballer of the year 2013..,

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by gentlepal: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yaya toure again? Rubbish. Mikel deserves it. CAF politics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerians Slam Otamendi For Shoving Iheanacho On Instagram / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo / Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.