Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51198 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
When people said love was blind, they weren't talking about romantic love...chei!!

All you people that said Mikel deserved to win the award, I know you will vote all your people into office with your eyes closed. Load up YouTube, watch Yaya and Mikel and then come back and tell me with a straight face that the wrong person one. Is that what they taught you at school, to be lying in the name of nationalism?

There are too many people even at Chelsea who groan whenever they see Mikel on the team sheet. I have fam that support chelsea and hate Obi (I actually like him). And this is who you want to compare to Mr Yaya Toure??

If you want to blame anyone else - after CAF, Francophone, Ghana, South Africa, Yorubas, Lagos, NTA, Supersport, Blatter, Toure's mum and Dad - blame Mourinho!!! Cos if Mikel could play the same way for Chelsea as he plays for Nigeria, the outcome would have been different.

You really didn't try at all......

5 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Marcelinho(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
#notjusthappywithcaforwhatever#
#privatejetthing
#teammikel
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by segnys007(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
peacelife: congrat 2 him.
but as long as isa kafayatu or wateva is stil d calf or caf president. dnt xpect any nigerian 2 win it.
who was caf president when Nigerians were winning it then? Sanni Abacha abi Segun Odegbami?

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by defbond1: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yaya deserves it in every possible way.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by lekywhite(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAF God is watching you...

Mikel won the African Nations Cup with Nigeria and Europa Cup with Chelsea..He is one of the most consistent player at Chelsea and was instrumental to Nigeria's qualification for Brazil 2014 World Cup..He also showed class at the FIFA Confederation Cup..Yaya Toure though good won nothing with Country and Manchester City last year..Infact Mancity dismal performance in the Champions league last year and Nigeria's superiority over Ivory Coast at the Semi Finals of Nations Cup last year is enough reason to hand Mikel the Award.

CAF God is watching you...

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Marcelinho(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
negationhboy: When people said love was blind, they weren't talking about romantic love...chei!!

All you people that said Mikel deserved to win the award, I know you will vote all your people into office with your eyes closed. Load up YouTube, watch Yaya and Mikel and then come back and tell me with a straight face that the wrong person one. Is that what they taught you at school, to be lying in the name of nationalism?

There are too many people even at Chelsea who groan whenever they see Mikel on the team sheet. I have fam that support chelsea and hate Obi (I actually like him). And this is who you want to compare to Mr Yaya Toure??

If you want to blame anyone else - after CAF, Francophone, Ghana, South Africa, Yorubas, Lagos, NTA, Supersport, Blatter, Toure's mum and Dad - blame Mourinho!!! Cos if Mikel could play the same way for Chelsea as he plays for Nigeria, the outcome would have been different.

You really didn't try at all......

Sorry What are you saying, cos is like you ended up saying Nothing

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Ichol: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yaya Toure all de way.no sentiment.no PDP! Others should work hard,push foward rather than given back passes when goals are needed.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by paschalndidi(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Buchukwu: I said it and i will say it again that had mikel won i would have stopped watching football entirely. What did he play that yaya toure didnt play times 2. Mikel mikel everytime.
you re very silly. Its like you started watching football yesterday. Didnt you hear what yaya said? He said my brother mikel deserved it as well

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by matsilver: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
conquerour: YAYA Said after He had received the AWARD that " I greet my fellow counterpart most especially JOHN OBI MIKEL who deserved THIS AWARD".
What do u think this mean?
It is a big flurp to CAF officials & African football When the winner knows He didn't deserve the AWARD given to him.
This is the right time for English Speaking African Country to back out of CAF, If not it will continue like this, Franco'fo country has upper hand in Caf than the English.
u do hv a point, i share d same tought so.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Rexnegro(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Let us not lie to ourselves because we re Nigerians ,the truth is yaya deserves it, mikel was only part of teams that won trophies not like he's better than yaya....

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Rexnegro(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Let us not lie to ourselves because we re Nigerians ,the truth is yaya deserves it, mikel was only part of teams that won trophies not like he's better than yaya....#gbam
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
And sorry, what section of NTA did you read the rules that the winner of the award would be chosen based on what they did for their national sides?? It is an INDIVIDUAL award, based on how they played for the whole year. The 'African' part of the award is to let people know that only AFRICANS are eligible for the award, not that it will be based on what the players did in Africa only, olodo.

These people that want to make it look like Mikel Maradonna'd Chelsea and Nigeria to their respective trophies.......The literature section awaits you, fabulators.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by eamon360(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
chemberlin: I hate watching things like this how can Yaya win it if that is so then Ronaldo deserve it too not Ribery...French speaking country can do ojoro oooo

ofcourse, Cr7 deserve world best. Abi una wan still rub am again?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ozikam: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Djangocode: [b]
Mikel really impressed last year no doubts buh that doesn't guarantee him the award.. Even Enyeama woulda been a better choice for the award.. The only notable thing is the Europa Cup he lifted and the Nations Cup too.. Think of it, @ d Nations cup, Sunday Mba was the star man.. @ the Confed Cup, Mikel tried but it was an average performance.. @ Chelsea, he's being benched not cuz his coach is biased, Mikel's Gameplay needs a complete Overhaul.. I've seen DMF's n CMF's that are damn good.. Sergio Busquets | Cheik Tiote | Fernandinho | Cabaye | Yaya Toure etc, These dudes throw in crunching Tackles, break-up play, Spread passes and ease burden off the team.. What can Mikel Do, Throw tackle and still play a Back Pass(Most times Unnecessary).. I Think the award should go to Yaya Toure.. He's been consistent, a tireless worker and full of contribution on pitch.. Incase u are still confused, here are details:

Lemme Compare Yaya | Mikel..

Consistency - Yaya Toure
Defence Splitting Passes - Yaya Toure
Shots - Yaya Toure
Goals - Yaya Toure
Hold up Play - Yaya Toure
DMF Role - Mikel
CMF , AMF - Yaya Toure
Dribbles, Movement - Yaya Toure
Aerial Threat - Yaya Toure
Set-Piece Threat - Yaya Toure
Team Stat - Yaya = 90% Contribution
Team Stat - Mikel = 35% Contribution

How come people saying Mikel Deserves Baller
of The Year.. He's Good Though, Buh Yaya is a
Beast, A Monster and the Best Black Midfielder
in the world.. Yaya is among Top Ten
Midfielders Right Now in the World.. There's no Club in the world that can afford to Bench Yaya Toure with the kind of form he's on @ d Moment.. A Midfielder who sprays Long range passes with both Feet, Throws in Tackles, Drives through opposition defense, Splits defense with passes, Takes shots from anywhere.. I Like Mikel's Defensive duties buh I Don't like any Dude that Makes use of Sideways Passes and Backwards Passes..

Mikel's a PET.. Toure's a BEAST..
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Marcelinho:

Sorry What are you saying, cos is like you ended up saying Nothing

I don't blame you. Let me pay for you to finish primary school. It the least I can do, so you won't rob me tomorrow when I pass your box under the bridge

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jsam2k5: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
__/''""""\__
(__@___@__)....if u agree mikel deserves d award enter my motor and lets go and
take d award from yay toure

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Ceorhemz(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yawns! Game over. Goodnight
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

What's the criteria sef ?

And for those fools using goals scored ! Must a player score goals in order to be World Footballer ? Haven't you seen GoalKeeper and Defender winning the trophy before ?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Opera240: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Congratulation my man....power horse of Man city! Well deserved! It is for individual performance and not team performance! Cr7, I congratulate u in advance for your balloon d'or
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Other African countries can't live above their
hate & envy for Nigeria! This is Africa awards &
Toure didn't win a pin in Africa in 2013!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jumzzy448: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
congratulations yaya toure. it's well deserved.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ceeceeco: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
SpencerLewis: What did he achieve last yr with Man city or Cote d'voire to warrant him winning? and he won d last 2 editions. dis is d way de robbed Okocha till he retired.
remember, during Okocha's regime Eto'o was on fire. Then Okocha was playing 4 Bolton wanderers, while Eto'o was playing 4 Barcelona. Okocha wuld've won it if he was playing 4 a top european club. Okocha was just not a lucky guy.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good! Worthy winner and well-deserved.

It would have been an absolute shame if Mikel won it.

The only downside now is the "record" praise-singers. Now in a few years time, you will get some silly idiot saying that because Yaya has won APoY 3 times, he is one of the 3 greatest players ever and better than George Weah, Drogba and Roger Milla.

The idiot would not think about conditions. In the last 3 years, African players have not been great. Only Yaya stands out.

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well deserved!...would hav been a disaster if someone else won it. In other news: Hit LIKE if u eat DOGMEAT cheesy
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by segnys007(m): 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
conquerour: YAYA Said after He had received the AWARD that " I greet my fellow counterpart most especially JOHN OBI MIKEL who deserved THIS AWARD".
What do u think this mean?
It is a big flurp to CAF officials & African football When the winner knows He didn't deserve the AWARD given to him.
This is the right time for English Speaking African Country to back out of CAF, If not it will continue like this, Franco'fo country has upper hand in Caf than the English.
Oga do you know how many Nigerians that has won this award before?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Rasheed02(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
xp17: when would nigerians start putting sentiments aside and face and acept defeat in the spirirt of sportmanship? yes john obi mikel played , just like christana ronaldo, but they both got a stronger man right in front to stop them. well, not everybody is lucky enough. Though John Obi Mikel played better than Ayo kanute and Emanue adebayo when the duo won this dreaded award , but there wasn't a strong contender at the time. This remind me of when Samuel Eto was on top of the game , we all wanted Jay Jay Okacha to emerge the winner , but deep inside of us we all knew that Samuel Eto performance was exceptional that year and better than that of Jay Jay.

last bomb: [size=18pt]NO BE BY PRIVATE JET

YAYA TOURE ENTER YOUR KEKE NAPE TAKE CARRY UR PROPERTY GO HOUSE[/size]
ode!!! And u think dis is funny?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cr7lomo: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

People are dull this days, since when does goal make a person derserve an award.

It started wen messi won it last year cos he scored 91 goals without major trophy

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Habiola94: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
APC blames Jonathan for Mikel's loss Assu Threaten 1 year strike for Mikel loss 5 PDP members move to APC due to Mikel Los"
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Busuyib(f): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
haaaaaaaaaaaaa kekerenke obiiiuuu

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by LordStv: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wic one b ojoro.u dey watch football at all?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by matsilver: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
Busuyib: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... mikel them don rub una..wetin yaya toure achieve sef?pass mikei.....robbrey of the highest order those mocking mikel are not chelsea fanx...haters
diz's nt abt bin a chelsea fan. Even d mikel don de in hotel rum de gbadu his ashawa now, una go de here d ague make una no go sleep
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Abbey2sam(m): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm expecting open letter pretty soon......
Cuz I know some fools are already composing it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero / Nigerians Slam Otamendi For Shoving Iheanacho On Instagram / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.