Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan (33698 Views)

Bishop Wale Oke Dares Jonathan / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel / Gov. Sylva Dares Jonathan And Flags Off Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by AgentMS: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Gamji007:

OMG! shocked shocked shocked

This country is seriouly drifting into the abyss. cry

can u imagine what the dumbhead was saying?

Can her father or even all her forefathers, bequeath $1mm to her, not to talk of 12mm?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by winniz: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
farem: [color=#990000]
IT IS GETTING CLEARER THAT MOST COMMENTATORS HERE ARE STUBBORN ILLITERATES, HENCE MOST COMMENTS ARE TO BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF SALT. HOW CAN SOMEONE COMPARE OFFICE OF MINISTERS WITH CBN GOVERNOR? THE ACTS GUIDING THE 2 OFFICES ARE WIDELY AVAILABLE FOR EVEN NURSERY PUPILS TO DECIPHER. WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICAL, ECONOMIC OR NATIONAL ISSUES, I SENSE THERE ARE TOO MANY RURAL THINKERS!
Stu.pid eeddiot, if it were OBJ the Mallam would have been throw out of office immediately. I think Awo half baked Education has damaged you touts brains making it difficult for e-maggots like you and your fellow troll to comprehend with simple comment.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
It is actually you and the person you quoted that have special needs problems.

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills before throwing irrelevant responses to me and sounding like an idioot.

Agent MS:

can u imagine what the dumbhead was saying?

Can her father or even all her forefathers, bequeath $1mm to her, not to talk of 12mm?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: You do realize that the clown youre trying to debate is a bonafide bum, right?

Lmao...I'm just trying to help a brother out. He's a product of UK education and a part of me is connected to him - I ride for the UK all the time. Seeing him turn into another overzealous clown like "you know who with 4life" - wouldn't sit well with me. I like him a lot.

With media, you just have to debate based on sources and events that are plausible, by using your brain, since you can't be where things are being reported from in real-time. Ability to sieve through everything, by connecting the dots, with what's in alternative sources - is what online debate is about. Not formal stuffs like you do in classrooms, where textbooks are the standards, and you have to do everything based on what's in black and white or should I say - facts in the curriculum.

Anyway, "rudedough" is my doozy and I believe he's yet to get over what SR and PT saturated the cyberspace with this week. grin
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by AgentMS: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
nnenna.1:
It is actually you and the person you quoted that have special needs problems.

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills before throwing irrelevant responses to me and sounding like an idioot.

If your brain capacity is too low to recognise that yourpost is insulting to the sensibilities of other Nigerians,then you should sword off all social network.

In your bid to support fraud blindly, you were telling us, the 12bn usd could actually be 12mm usd.

Must $1 be missing?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Akiika: 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
If NL commentators are Nigerian youths, then the biggest Nigerian problem is not that of bad leadership but there is a bigger problem of uneducated and unenlightened followers. Most of the comments here are straight up dumb and irritating. You truly deserve the likes of Jonathan, Oduah, Tinubu, Uduaghan, Jang, Obi, e.t.c
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Your deductive reasoning abilities are worse than that of a 5th grader. Why is is it an insult to the sensibility of Nigerians to imply that the claim of $12b being missing may be false when SLS already goofed by over $30b?

Once again work on your reading comprehension skills before questioning my rhetoric use of $12m, $12k, and $0 in formulating my arguments.

Agent MS:

If your brain capacity is too low to recognise that yourpost is insulting to the sensibilities of other Nigerians,then you should sword off all social network.

In your bid to support fraud blindly, you were telling us, the 12bn usd could actually be 12mm usd.

Must $1 be missing?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Agent MS:
See you.

Must $1mm be missing? what sort of country or reasoning is this.

Abeg, split the damn country jarey and let me part ways with these tribal bigots,that see nothing wrong, in as much as the person is from their tribe.

Darn!! You definitely can't expect anything intelligent and non-partisan/non-tribal from someone who made the following assertions on the same thread:

Exhibit 1:

nnenna.1:
After reading this thread and analyzing the hysteria and utter disrespect occuring in the political scene + observing tribalism and how overly childish, emotional and divisive we Nigerians are....

One would be a fool to not conclude that we are not psychologically ready for Democracy.

What Nigeria actually need to progress is a benevolent dictator for now. Preferably from a minority group with no biased tendencies. Baby steps.

Also limited access to the electronic media + other platforms until we know how to critically analyze events. We are too emotional and childish for anything else.

Exhibit 2: committed the same offense she spoke against in Exhibit 1^^^^^

nnenna.1:
My other question here is why Festus Odimegwu was externally pressured to resign for making so called statements that would cause ethnic division?

But Sanusi is pretty safe from these same people who called for Odimegwu's head...this is someone who peddled false figures and possibly wounded confidence in the progress of the country.

Who doesn't know that tribalism is the backbone of Nigerian politics.
grin

^^^What has Festus Odimegwu and his bigotry got to do with the CBN governor and his "inflated" figures?

Exhibit 3: trying to defend a $12b fraud just because those responsible for the misappropriation of the funds are part of the clique she supports.

nnenna.1:
The issue is that we can't take any of his figures seriously. What if it is actually $12m and not $12b? What if it is was only $12k?

What if it was nothing and SLS is just incompetent with his figures?

^^^^What would you call that? - Well, I would call it embodiment of a walking-contradiction a la walking-oxymoron. You don't need to take people who are like that seriously, to be honest.

Shalom
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by AgentMS: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
nnenna.1:

Your deductive reasoning abilities are worse than that of a 5th grader. Why is is it an insult to the sensibility of Nigerians to imply that the claim of $12b being missing may be false when SLS already goofed by over $30b?

Once again work on your reading comprehension skills before questioning my rhetoric use of $12m, $12k, and $0 in formulating my arguments.

Your daftness is world class and beyond redemption.

He said $49bn, it took them 3weeks to account for $37bn and up till today $12bn is still hanging in the cloud. If he did not scream, we will never had known, talkless of asking for accountability.

Your expression of your thought skill is warped and defective, if you have to use another post to explain yourself.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by solin: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
owobokiri: If he is put under house arrest for being a big threat not just to the economy but the state with all his uncouth outbursts (and you know he did reaa damage with those open letters) and his deputy told to take over till june, what will your likes do other than to go to premium times and sahara reporters to moan and whine as usual? ACN memebers of APC would even abandon their suport for him pronto since his deputy might be from the sw as clannish traits take over. His fulani royal heritage is getting into his small brain but who cares apart from those who want to? Two sitting sultans were disgraced in this country and nothing happened. Before then, tales have it that the sun wont set if you do as much as look into the face of a sultan.. Go figure. Blame GEJ for his calm approach otherwise this guy would have gone by now if a tougher character is at the helm..

your understanding about removal of some position remains low. Let me list few position that the president cannot remove unilaterally. Chief Justice,Auditor General,Inec Chairman,etc. Except by the 2/3 of the senate,death,incapacitation,gross misconduct,etc.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
GEJ does not have the powers to lock up his office, he does not have the powers to get him arrested and GEJ alone did not employ him. He was nominated and the senate confirmed him. How this works is that if he is to be fired then the same process that brought him in is the one that can force him out which involves the president and the senate.

The president can't act unilaterally in this case

And if he invokes his presidential veto?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by AgentMS: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
jp philips:

And if he invokes his presidential veto?

Will he lock up the National Assembly to invoke such?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
Desric: Thank you, for clearing his head, You know, its good if all of us can start doing this enlightenment program whenever the opportunity arises so that ignorant peeps won't always believe that this Nation is a lawless one where anything goes. Otherwise the crop of Leaders we have now will be a serious joke compare to the ones to come.

You mean the likes of Nyesom wike?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by rahamAllah: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
winniz: GEJ should just remove the Aboki forcefully if he remains defiant or declare his position vacant, GEJ is just too quiet to be a President that is the reason everyone insults him and gets away with it, during OBJ regime he was terrorising everyone with EFCC.
you are spitting rubbish out off your brain. people like you make us remain in this state.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by dhappyking(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sanusi is the man. He keeps the news agog and tongues wagging. Like a wirlwind he came in and unsettled many in the financial industry. The dust is yet to settle.
During his tenure, hardly any 90 days went by without any form of drama from him. Now that he is about to leave, I expect a climax of his melodrama. I believe he still has an Ace up his sleeve! Ride on SLS.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by prettyboi1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
owobokiri: If he is put under house arrest for being a big threat not just to the economy but the state with all his uncouth outbursts (and you know he did reaa damage with those open letters) and his deputy told to take over till june, what will your likes do other than to go to premium times and sahara reporters to moan and whine as usual? ACN memebers of APC would even abandon their suport for him pronto since his deputy might be from the sw as clannish traits take over. His fulani royal heritage is getting into his small brain but who cares apart from those who want to? Two sitting sultans were disgraced in this country and nothing happened. Before then, tales have it that the sun wont set if you do as much as look into the face of a sultan.. Go figure. Blame GEJ for his calm approach otherwise this guy would have gone by now if a tougher character is at the helm..

Yeah, I think we as a nation also have to take this kinda approach to impeach Jonathan....cos he has lost all of our confidence & we have proof as an entire nation to show that he has run this country down. Oh, you wanna play sentimental games?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Ninapha(f): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sls is a failure and i dont mind him being sacked any way.

First he does not talk like a public servant. His policies are always molitically motivated as well as personal vandatta.

GEJ has strong grounds to butt him out, on grounds of incompetence, how can a seasoned banker give out false/incomplete report especially dat which is of great concern to the citizenry all in d name of fighting Gej and NOI.

If he got such report from his trusted subordinate , what wd be his reaction?

I dont want to talk about his useless policies and what he has turned Nigerian banks into all in d name of fighting those who offended him when he was a core banker- Elumelu an co. He has created more unemployment than any other CBN governor in history.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by prettyboi1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ninapha: Sls is a failure and i dont mind him being sacked any way.

First he does not talk like a public servant. His policies are always molitically motivated as well as personal vandatta.

GEJ has strong grounds to butt him out, on grounds of incompetence, how can a seasoned banker give out false/incomplete report especially dat which is of great concern to the citizenry all in d name of fighting Gej and NOI.

If he got such report from his trusted subordinate , what wd be his reaction?

I dont want to talk about his useless policies and what he has turned Nigerian banks into all in d name of fighting those who offended him when he was a core banker- Elumelu an co. He has created more unemployment than any other CBN governor in history.
Isn't that the way the Nigerian national assembly has the same strong ground to impeach president Jonathan on grounds of incompetency? I wonder why you guys can never see anything without bias. President Jonathan is the worst thing that CAN ever happen to Nigeria. He's just not leadership material,it's sad but true.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Sadiss: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos: The controversy surrounding the planned exit of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, deepened on Thursday with the governor insisting that he would not quit the post until his term expired on June 2, 2014.

In keeping with his vow, which analysts see as a direct confrontation with President Goodluck Jonathan, Sanusi has said he will not proceed on his terminal leave in March as initially being speculated.The President had reportedly asked the CBN governor to resign immediately because of the alleged deliberate leakage of the letter that Sanusi wrote to him in which the governor accused the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation of not remitting $49.8bn crude oil revenue to the Federation Account.Sanusi was said to have denied leaking the letter to former President Olusegun Obasanjo or anyone for that matter, and allegedly told the President that he could only be removed by two-thirds of members of the Senate as required by law.The governor reportedly told the President that the letter was available in the Presidential Villa, the Ministry of Finance and the CBN, and wondered how he could be accused of leaking it.

One of our correspondents learnt on Thursday that Sanusi expressed his determination to remain in office until the expiration of his one-term tenure of five years on June 2 during a meeting with top management officers of the bank on Wednesday.The Director, Corporate Communications Department, CBN, Mr. Ugochukwu Okoroafor, confirmed the development in a chat with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Thursday.He said the governor used the opportunity provided by the “family meeting” to clear doubts surrounding the expiration of his tenure.Okoroafor said, “The CBN is an important organisation in the economy of this country and we have to be careful in whatever we do because our actions send a strong message to the economy as a whole.“The governor had a meeting with officials of the central bank and it was like a family meeting; and in that meeting, he made it clear that he is not going anywhere until his tenure expires in June.“He is not proceeding on retirement leave by March as being speculated; rather, he will be retiring on June 2 this year when he will be completing his five-year single tenure.”According to Okoroafor, the CBN governor will formally announce his retirement in March, when his successor is expected to be named, and will remain in office until June 2.

Both chambers of the National Assembly declined comments on the alleged plan by the Federal Government to sack Sanusi.The spokesperson for the Senate, Eyinnaya Abaribe, and his counterpart in the House of Representatives, Mr. Zakari Mohammed, said the National Assembly would not be dragged into “a mere rumour.”Abaribe, in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, said, “The Senate will not make any comment on any issue that is not before it. It remains a rumour until it is properly communicated to the Senate.”Mohammed also said, “I have no comment to make. The National Assembly as an institution will not be dragged into any controversy based on a mere allegation.”Efforts to get the Presidency’s reaction did not yield any positive result as the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Dr. Reuben Abati, did not respond to calls made to his mobile telephone line, nor respond to text messages sent to the same line.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-quit-before-june-sanusi-dares-jonathan/
oH my god,this GEJ,again the reason why i voted for u 2001 is that i thought you will deal with most of these Nothener,but case change they are now dealing with.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Ribaman(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Billyonaire: Now I miss Abacha
Please, be very careful re what you pray for.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
GEJ does not have the powers to lock up his office, he does not have the powers to get him arrested and GEJ alone did not employ him. He was nominated and the senate confirmed him. How this works is that if he is to be fired then the same process that brought him in is the one that can force him out which involves the president and the senate.

The president can't act unilaterally in this case
GEJ did not employ him.He was employed by Yaradua.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by bakila: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
Cooldany: Once upon a time, GEJ sent troops to boko haram trouble states without the conscent of any, let alone the vote of the co-determinants, dont u think he can also place the cbn presdo at bay, and b4 his case is settled by 2/3 of the house, time is off. However, SLS so much relies on the tiny rope of the house as his last resort
No, he has lots of info on the stealing going on. What he revealed could be a tip of the iceberg.
Imagine what he may release of where bayelsa or Anambra or Ebony states deduction went to and the damages it will do.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by debbleopto: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
sucess001:

Jeez!

Will you just stop disgracing yourself in public?

Your post is sooo daft, its not even worth analysing.

Please have pity on the boy. he is also from Otuoke. Being daft is part of their culture and inheritance. Jowo Biko
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Sike(m): 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Truth be told, GEJ can never ever do Anything!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by kitchen(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
U'r so ignorant of d law!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
GEJ is so tactless for a man who wants to win election. He got to where he is now thru rigging and bribing the northern Emirs and making false promises, and now he wants to sack an important prince of the caliphate for no real reason. And he still wants to have northern votes. Ridiculous .

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
GEJ and Sanusi does not have a dispute. THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER is twisting what Sanusi said to incite Nigerians against the honorable CBN Governor.

PROOF:

PEOPLE'S DAILY NEWSPAPER

Sanusi declares pre-retirement leave a hoax as CBN introduces new payment system
http://peoplesdailyng.com/sanusi-declares-pre-retirement-leave-a-hoax-as-cbn-introduces-new-payment-system/

PUNCH NEWSPAPER

I won’t quit before June, Sanusi dares Jonathan
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-quit-before-june-sanusi-dares-jonathan/

Can you smell the coffee now? Hold your horses people!! Sanusi and GEJ are still buddies.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by drstone1: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Pamcrest: I like SLS......he is too stubborn for GEJ. grin
This president had better just leave the matter alone before he is disgraced into recanting his words as is his usual manner.
SLS is staying put till June, a zillion GEJs cannot shake him
My humble submission
You know what?? SLS will undo himself and remove himself by himself.... It may not even has to be GEJ who shall plunge Him to an ignominous end. I dey laff !!!
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by chidaddy1198(m): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
[/b][b]
Mynd_44:
GEJ cannot issue him a sack letter, it is impossible and void. If you want a CBN governor out, you need the president and 2/3 of the senate else, he stays.
. If the president want him to resign or leave the office within 24hours he will do just that. He does not need the recommendation of the senate but rather the senate needs his approval if they were to sack the governor.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Mgbonyebi: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2014
People should read the Nigerian constitution. No President has the constitutional power to fire a Central Bank Governor once appointed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Pa Olajide Olabode, Former Awolowo Driver (Video) / Popular Obi Promoter Who Claims To Be A Woman On Twitter Actually A Man-segalink / Boko Haram Commander Who Led Squad To Kidnap Chibok Girls Surrenders (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.