Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,028 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Open Letter To CAF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Open Letter To CAF (1577 Views)

PETITION To CAF On Ghana / Rwanda Express Ebola Concerns In Nigeria To Caf / Open Letter To CAF- The Original. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2014
I've never pulled a prank topic on NL, so I thought I should try it today.

Kindly drop a comment if you were fooled, don't shy away and form "I know say na trick from the get-go"
Re: Open Letter To CAF by moonraker(m): 1:43am On Jan 10, 2014
Lol you got me cheesy

Impressive.

Wait!!! are you pondering what i am pondering??
Re: Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 1:48am On Jan 10, 2014
What are you pondering?
moonraker: Lol you got me cheesy

Impressive.

Wait!!! are you pondering what i am pondering??
Re: Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2014
8 views and one reply? I bet some people viewed this thread looking to get a laugh and say "why are you bytchin'" as dem see say nothing dey, dem carry their MB run...

Please don't be angry, just spare like 30 kb and comment, we know MB isn't cheap
Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:20am On Jan 10, 2014
To be real, I am shocked. How on earth will African players and coaches vote Yaya over Mikel. What was the criteria?

Even last season from 2012-2013, Yaya scored only 9 goals all season for Man City. So what did they use to judge Yaya the best, his form beginning of this season?

Props to Mikel. Many fans are truly grateful for his contribution to Nigerian and African football. Mikel deserved a continental accolade.

I hope Mikel brings his A game to the World Cup.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 2:28am On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: To be real, I am shocked. How on earth will African players and coaches vote Yaya over Mikel. What was the criteria?

Even last season from 2012-2013, Yaya scored only 9 goals all season for Man City. So what did they use to judge Yaya the best, his form beginning of this season?

Props to Mikel. Many fans are truly grateful for his contribution to Nigerian and African football. Mikel deserved a continental accolade.

I hope Mikel brings his A game to tshe World Cup.
Sorry, Mikel isn't a beast, please choose your word wisely, else you may be called the B word.

Yes, I do expect Mikel to bring his A-game to the world Cup, cuz unlike some kings, he serves his people first before himself

Don't be shocked, I'm sure you figured that an award that has been given to players from French-speaking countries the past 8 or so years would continue in that pattern.

The criteria is simple: You have to come from the French-speaking part of Africa and do okay for your club.

Chill, aite?
Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:41am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: Sorry, Mikel isn't a beast, please choose your word wisely, else you may be called the B word.

Yes, I do expect Mikel to bring his A-game to the world Cup, cuz unlike some kings, he serves his people first before himself

Don't be shocked, I'm sure you figured that an award that has been given to players from French-speaking countries the past 8 or so years would continue in that pattern.

The criteria is simple: You have to come from the French-speaking part of Africa and do okay for your club.

Chill, aite?
Anyone can tag me what they want but the truth is that CAF just belittled their tournament. I don't see why a player should leave his club to play the Nation's cup.

One of the reasons Man City lost the EPL was Yaya going for the Nations cup. If the tournament isn't that valuable, what is the need.

Mikel had been better than Yaya in 2013. They play different roles. Barry covered Yaya last season while Mikel covers Lampard. Different roles. Mikel isn't a footballing demon but he was great last year.

Congrats to Yaya he played well but Mikel deserved it. Mikel just has to try harder.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To CAF by MrMac10(m): 4:54am On Jan 10, 2014
Forget sentiments yaya you're deserved the best African player Mikel should step up and maybe be up for future awards
Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:13am On Jan 10, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
Forget sentiments yaya you're deserved the best African player Mikel should step up and maybe be up for future awards
Can you give your reasons why you think Yaya deserves it? Please enlighten us.
Re: Open Letter To CAF by ednut1(m): 6:02am On Jan 10, 2014
open letter to caf. neva nominate back passer mikel again till he steps us. lazy player. a one legged yaya is beta dan mikel
Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:07am On Jan 10, 2014
ednut1: open letter to caf. neva nominate back passer mikel again till he steps us. lazy player. a one legged yaya is beta dan mikel
No one said Mikel is a better player. We said Mikel was a better player in 2013 than Yaya.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
how?by not winnin a trophy in 2013?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 6:55am On Jan 10, 2014
ednut1: open letter to caf. neva nominate back passer mikel again till he steps us. lazy player. a one legged yaya is beta dan mikel
lol a lazy player hu is more succesful dan d mighty yaya

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To CAF by Jakeattah(m): 6:56am On Jan 10, 2014
angrysafarigirlangry
Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: Sorry, Mikel isn't a beast, please choose your word wisely, else you may be called the B word.

Chill, aite?
this is d last chance 4 mikel 2 win it...do u tink they wil giv im even if we win dis worldcup?they wont..enyeama wil bag it
Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2014

Chill, aite?
Re: Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: this is d last chance 4 mikel 2 win it...do u tink they wil giv im even if we win dis worldcup?they wont..enyeama wil bag it
Enyeama was supposed to win this 2013 own, but he was duly omitted to clear the way for the King.

Don't worry, unlike Toure, Mikel still has about 2 AFCONs and 2 World Cups in him, so he just might win it some day, would you have believed he'd make top 3 two years ago?

Like I said, na only CAF APOTY Yaya get, he'll never win a trophy with his country
Re: Open Letter To CAF by ednut1(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: lol a lazy player hu is more succesful dan d mighty yaya
hw insrumental was mikel in d success?
Re: Open Letter To CAF by ednut1(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Honours mikel
Chelsea
Premier League (1): 2009–10
FA Cup (4): 2006–07 , 2008–09 , 2009–10 , 2011–12
League Cup (1): 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
Nigeria
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013
Individual
U-20 World Cup Silver football 2005
African Young Player of the Year: 2005, 2006
Chelsea Young Player of the Year: 2007, 2008

yaya Honours
Club
ASEC Mimosas
Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division: 2001
Olympiacos
Super League Greece: 2005–06
Greek Cup : 2005–06
Barcelona
La Liga (2): 2008–09 , 2009–10
Copa del Rey : 2008–09
Supercopa de España: 2009
UEFA Champions League: 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup : 2009
FIFA Club World Cup : 2009
Manchester City
Premier League : 2011–12
FA Cup : 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
Individual
African Footballer of the Year: 2011,[70] 2012, 2013
PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2011–12
FA Community Shield Man of The Match : 2012
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2013[71]
Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:51am On Jan 10, 2014
ednut1: hw insrumental was mikel in d success?

"I don't know why Mikel is underrated by the media or the fans," he added. "He is very rated by us in the group and it's a position where you're a bit of an unsung hero.

"You do the dirty work which is not recognised all the time because the goalscorers and more creative players get the recognition. But he is very important for our team." ...........................ROBERTO DI MATTEO (former Chelsea Manager)
Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 7:52am On Jan 10, 2014
ednut1: hw insrumental was mikel in d success?
He played a major role in nigeria's afcon triumph..ask emenike nd co then you'll knw hw instrumental he was

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To CAF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Why not list for 2013? What has his time at Barca got to do with this. Maybe we should give it to Eto'o.

Abi it is lifetime achievement award?
ednut1: Honours mikel
Chelsea
Premier League (1): 2009–10
FA Cup (4): 2006–07 , 2008–09 , 2009–10 , 2011–12
League Cup (1): 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
Nigeria
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013
Individual
U-20 World Cup Silver football 2005
African Young Player of the Year: 2005, 2006
Chelsea Young Player of the Year: 2007, 2008

yaya Honours
Club
ASEC Mimosas
Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division: 2001
Olympiacos
Super League Greece: 2005–06
Greek Cup : 2005–06
Barcelona
La Liga (2): 2008–09 , 2009–10
Copa del Rey : 2008–09
Supercopa de España: 2009
UEFA Champions League: 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup : 2009
FIFA Club World Cup : 2009
Manchester City
Premier League : 2011–12
FA Cup : 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
Individual
African Footballer of the Year: 2011,[70] 2012, 2013
PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2011–12
FA Community Shield Man of The Match : 2012
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2013[71]
Re: Open Letter To CAF by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: Enyeama was supposed to win this 2013 own, but he was duly omitted to clear the way for the King.

Don't worry, unlike Toure, Mikel still has about 2 AFCONs and 2 World Cups in him, so he just might win it some day, would you have believed he'd make top 3 two years ago?

Like I said, na only CAF APOTY Yaya get, he'll never win a trophy with his country

I don't care!!! I love it!!! gringringrin
Re: Open Letter To CAF by achimotan(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: Enyeama was supposed to win this 2013 own, but he was duly omitted to clear the way for the King.

Make u no get heart attack when Ivory Coast win the Afcon next year with yaya as a member.
Brace yourself for more surprises
Re: Open Letter To CAF by safarigirl(f): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2014
achimotan:

Make u no get heart attack when Ivory Coast win the Afcon next year with yaya as a member.
if they couldn't win it when they were young, is it when they're old and withered that they'll win it?

Just like those who believed the Italian 2010 WC team would go far with old legs. They couldn't win common Zambia that was arguably the weakest team to have made AFCON finals in up to ten years, na who dem wan win again?

The golden generation of Ivory Coast have lost their opportunity, the guys coming next aren't half as strong.

Ghana stands a higher chance of winning AFCON in 2015, only Nigeria and Ghana are preparing a team of the future, the others na old men.
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 9:50am On Jan 10, 2014
Eze nwayi , she finally appears. I fill u
Re: Open Letter To CAF by jotey(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2014
achimotan:

Guy how ivorycoast wan take win am next year wen nigeria go dae there..u knw say nigeria go dae on form dat tym our boys go dae hot ask me y?cos dem go go far 4 worldcup..ivorycoast no fit win am 4 d next 10yrs
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Anyone can tag me what they want but the truth is that CAF just belittled their tournament. I don't see why a player should leave his club to play the Nation's cup.

One of the reasons Man City lost the EPL was Yaya going for the Nations cup. If the tournament isn't that valuable, what is the need.

Then, Moses also is beta that yaya because he won everything that mikel won. He is also beta than modric and Alonso and d rest because he won trophies and they didn't . Look at your reasoning
Mikel had been better than Yaya in 2013. They play different roles. Barry covered Yaya last season while Mikel covers Lampard. Different roles. Mikel isn't a footballing demon but he was great last year.

Congrats to Yaya he played well but Mikel deserved it. Mikel just has to try harder.
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: how?by not winnin a trophy in 2013?

Then, Moses also is beta that yaya because he won everything that mikel won. He is also beta than modric and Alonso and d rest because he won trophies and they didn't . Look at your reasoning
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: No one said Mikel is a better player. We said Mikel was a better player in 2013 than Yaya.

JAMB UTME
You have 5mins to answer these questions

1. How is mikel better?
2. When was mikel better?
3. Where was mikel better?

Oya, show us y u fail jamb
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 10:08am On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt:

"I don't know why Mikel is underrated by the media or the fans," he added. "He is very rated by us in the group and it's a position where you're a bit of an unsung hero.

"You do the dirty work which is not recognised all the time because the goalscorers and more creative players get the recognition. But he is very important for our team." ...........................ROBERTO DI MATTEO (former Chelsea Manager)

Na y dem sack am
Re: Open Letter To CAF by cr7lomo: 10:12am On Jan 10, 2014

That's y most girls ain't just good with soccer. U have now switched from mikel to enyeama .

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Boxer Floyd Mayweather Spends $6,200,000 Million On Three Cars / How To Win Bets With Basketball / Save Your Future And Be A Yangabet Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.