Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry (1478 Views)

How's Tecno Smartphone Life? / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry / Fanboys Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by vowiski(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Every gadget, every device has fanboys. In fact, everything on earth that has an identity has its own set of loyal followers called fanboys and if you wanted to know my opinion about this ideology, I would simply say it’s certainly fantastic.

You see fanboys attached to cars, characters, teams, games and even operating systems, that’s seems natural and its okay for people to defend what they are really passionate about but what’s not natural is fanboys constantly accepting and defending their particular objects blunders with smiles on their face. Tecno fanboys seem to whole-heartedly take this to another level.

tecno F7 specifications

Camera

Each time I see manufacturers slamming figures to represent their camera strengths, I do have my reservations until the said product is tested and matches what the manufacturers has written on paper.

Tecno has been notoriously known for over exaggerating how so great their camera looks. On paper, they have specifications of 8.0 MP slammed on the popular Tecno Phantom A1 but in reality and in comparison with others high-end smartphones with similar specifications, the error is immediately spotted, but Tecno fanboys are not interested in little details like this, giving room to Tecno to enhance the production of down-market devices because they are convinced that even when the same phone is released with little alterations in internal specifications and very little modifications to the exteriors, the people, the die-hard passionate fanboys will make it sell like hot cakes.

Instead of acting like something is out-of-this world, when in reality, it’s isn’t anywhere near the exit door a little cubicle, Tecno fanboys should demand a better product that will make value for money absolutely non-negotiable.

Radios

Where can I start? Well, Tecno fanboys love acting like 4G radios do not exist because their preferred brand has simply been too lazy to make the implementation happen almost immediately. This goes to show how complacent Tecno fanboys have become in recent years. Fortunately, the rest of the world have moved on, and other users of various brands are already enjoying smartphones with 4G functionality.

Also See: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

To all the Tecno fanboys that stepped up and everyone in general, I must commend you for being an island in a sea of mediocrity. The apologetic mindset of Tecno fanboys regarding this issue is dangerous for the entire industry; mobile vendors manufacturing phones for Nigerians must know that we deserve only the best, just as being given to the rest of the world.

Internal Storage

Tecno fanboys still believe in 2014 what has already been discredited in 2009 when the original iPhone launched with an impressive 16 GB of internal storage option. This means that it is unacceptable for Tecno’s to keep manufacturing their line of expensive smartphones with a ridiculous internal storage of 4 GB. This ideology and business philosophy should end in 2013 and it can, only if Tecno fanboys stop acting like it doesn’t matter. Even Gionee have proved that it is possible to up the internal storage capacity with its absolute brilliant Elife E6 smartphone, Tenco therefore has no excuse.... See More >> http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2014/01/tecno-fanboys-apologists-bad-industry.html
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Jakeattah(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Lemme see how this plays out
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2014
Heheh. Am waiting for the *Tecno BOYS*
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2014
I totally agree with u on that. Although lastyear TECNO STOLE THE SHOW FROM NOKIA ANd BB CALLED TECNO PHONES CRAP . But tecno boys wount agree. Thats why if tecno gives them SHIT , They'ld call it gold!
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by ibietela2(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmm Nosa and Kelvin
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2014
ibietela2: Hmmm Nosa and Kelvin

kingsley
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by 4peace(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: Heheh. Am waiting for the *Tecno BOYS*

To come and what exactly?

fight or listen and act

thou there is clear difference btw
Made in China
Made by China
Made for China

Also difference btw
Original equipment Manufacturer And Import Manufacturer

All above analysis existed in phone industry.

2 Likes

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Olamyyde(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2014
this place is about to become a war zone
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by vowiski(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2014
ibietela2: Hmmm Nosa and Kelvin

Hello buddy smiley
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by wheesin(m): 10:03am On Jan 10, 2014
Leave us alone abeg. Tecno dat started producin smart phones last 2 years...its a gradual process...abi why do u tink they called it a low end phone..at a cheap price u stil want to get everytin on it.....use ur highend phone and lets here word
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by ninja4life(m): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2014
wheesin: Leave us alone abeg. Tecno dat started producin smart phones last 2 years...its a gradual process...abi why do u tink they called it a low end phone..at a cheap price u stil want to get everytin on it.....use ur highend phone and lets here word
seems one of the fanboys is here why dont u pick fault in the op rather than being sentimental.all d op is saying is that tecno fans should up their game and not allow tecno to keep producing crap without any complaint from u gys who are d major consumers.u dig?
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by ibietela2(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2014
vowiski:

Hello buddy smiley

Enjoy
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by zeanslim(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2014
Mumu thread
@op i need to no the key features of samsumg galaxy pro and star ?
And also the tecno phantom pad mini av an internal memo of 16gb.. With ota.
Have u eva read this :

TECNO was the first dual SIM mobile phone brand to hit the market in Africa, and staying true to the maxim “think globally, act locally”, TECNO has achieved great success in translating advanced technology into superior localized products

lastly when did tecno joined the android market ?

2 Likes

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by samnificent(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
you guys should leave tecno

1 Like

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by psalmdave(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
So of the fan boys now accept....what will then happen
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Kamaye(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
zeanslim: Mumu thread
@op i need to no the key features of samsumg galaxy pro and star ?
And also the tecno phantom pad mini av an internal memo of 16gb.. With ota.
Have u eva read this :

TECNO was the first dual SIM mobile phone brand to hit the market in Africa, and staying true to the maxim “think globally, act locally”, TECNO has achieved great success in translating advanced technology into superior localized products

lastly when did tecno joined the android market ?
Nope! we used dual sim phones like Jmax and the rest long before tecno sets foot in nigeria.
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
*Yawns* op come up with something new, pls.
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by zeanslim(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Kamaye: Nope! we used dual sim phones like Jmax and the rest long before tecno sets foot in nigeria.

dont you no the meaning of 'hit the market' and '1st to reach the market '

1 Like

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by seanbond00(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
You guys are just wasting your time with these type of topics. The last time I checked, tecno is still selling like mad and you no why? Because it meets the needs of average an average Nigerian. So let's just let people buy what they can afford and/or WANT to afford. Its your choice. By the way, most of you on this site act like kids. Come to think of it, maybe most of you are kids sef.

1 Like

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by vowiski(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
Welcome back NL cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by biomedixexcel(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: How Tecno Fanboys Are Apologists And Why It’s Bad For The Industry by Boomboost(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
my guy,in reality tecno p5 better pass gionee p2.Tecno n3 was way better than gionee p1...I believe in little beginnings,let's encourage them atleast dem de more attentive than gionee when it comes to complaints.I should add that I wasn't impressed with gionee e3's camera n battery so let's not act like gionee is d perfect company 4 naija abi Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Issues With My Camera :someone Pls Help Me Out / Infinix Hot Note Pro Now Available In Nigeria / Airtel Operamini Bundle, Facebook Website NOW CONNECTING!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.