Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (111182 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2015
These projects look very good. I am also planning on embarking on some multiple projects in Lagos and based on Brabuss works this company/person seems like a good outfit.
Will appreciate some feedback on this company and some advice on dealings with this company (Brabus).
I am new to this forum so will appreciate any feedback from my fellow Naira-landers.
In particular from those who have dealings with this company.
As you appreciate building projects can be very complex and finding the right company to do the job is imperative.

I await your feedback.

Befto
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 11:50am On Aug 05, 2015
While awaiting client testimonials and feebacks, I'll suggest you go through our threads to read more about Brabus and NextHome Design+Build.

Thank you for checking us out.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Thank you Brabus,
Reading your threads now and I must say very impressed.
Keep up the good work.
I will reach out to you soon.

Awaiting feedback from others that have used you in the past/currently.

Befto
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
I have been following this thread for some time now having known Brabus for the best part of 3 years. In actual fact, the project belongs to me and the other one known as Ologolo terraces belongs to a very close member of the family.

I initially started this project around March, and at the time the scope was to only do the fence work after I heard that some people were encroaching into my plot, so I knew I had to do something ASAP and this is where brabus came into the picture, having used him for my fence project in Lekki, I knew I could count on his speed see (https://www.nairaland.com/1236563/privacy-fence-lekki-construction-blog).

I called him the same day I heard about the encroachment and the workers resumed to site the next day. You will notice that the site known as Mixed Use Development is already fenced because we started with the fence first instead of the foundation which was as a result of the issue that I described in the second paragraph.

Now, I have the pictures from the progress of the project up to where we are now which is the arranging of block on the first floor.

Now, I am hoping that this thread will become educational for all concerned as this is the first house that I would be building in Nigeria, it’s very inspiring seeing the site grow from bush to a standing structure and may God allow those of us who are yet to build commence their project as well.

Now, some of the issues that I faced during the foundation phase as are follows.

• Communication issues
• Issues with Omonile and them holding us to ransom.
• Being betrayed by some people that I trusted.

When the foundation started I wasn’t on ground, but was on ground when the columns were casted and the commencement of filling. This was where I had the biggest problems till date.

• Issues with omonile.
• Issues with the delivery of filling sand.
• Issues with who was paying for what.
• Lagos state enforcement agencies troubling us
• Issues with workers.

Now, Brabus to his credit did sort out some of the issues whilst there were other issues that I wish were handled differently.
Lessons learnt here.

• Be clear on the payment of contractors.
• Decide whether you are supplying materials or the contractor is going to do all this.
• Avoid middlemen when dealing with Omonile, deal with them directly.
• Don’t be too stingy; one should always look at the bigger picture. 1k here and there would not bankrupt someone especially if embarking on a project like this. You need more positive people on your side as there are many battles to fight.
• You need someone on site every day that you can trust.
• Materials need to be policed.
• Be clear with the scope of what your contractor is doing and what you are doing if applicable.
• There needs to be common respect between client and contractor.

I was impressed with the way Brabus dealt with the issues of the state officials coming to trouble us, the approval people, the materials testing people etc. He showed that he was ready to put his boxing gloves on when the need arises and take a chill pill and negotiate when the need arises also. I feel that Brabus often has too much to deal with and can sometimes be inundated with distractions and sometimes your project can suffer as a result of this. Brabus also needs to be careful about making promises to clients, I came to realise this when some promises were made to me and I set my mind on them, sometimes the promises are not realistic and Brabus still sells them, at other times the situation is out of his control i.e. (rain). I just find that he needs to remove the salesman tactics and get real.

Ok, that’s it for now. I will continue my blog later. Need to get back to work.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thank you Mavverick.

Looking at the pictures here your project seems to going on well.
I have read your points and totally appreciate sharing your experience here.
This is the first time for me so I guess I will experience some of your pains and gains.
It's inevitable for projects of this size not to be fraught with ups and downs but I hope the ups far outweigh the downs.
Thanks again
I will be making a final selection of contractors to vet in the next couple of weeks. For now I just want to get to know who is out there that can be trusted to do a good job at a good price.

May God continue to bless all of us.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Befto,

Holla me at shuntkf at yahoo dot com for undiluted review about brabus. It will surely help you to make your decisions and you will be glad you did....3strikes!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by babalose: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Don't you think it will help nairalander's to know the reviews that can shape decisions, when thinking of doing business with brabus

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello 3strike,
Thanks for the reply. Whilst I appreciate your wanting to talk directly to me I feel whatever information/review you have should be shared here for the whole Forum to benefit from.
I am sure I am not the only one that will benefit from your candid reviews and our fellow Naira-landers will like transparency when such reviews are made.

Once again I appreciate your time and efforts.

Befto

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by twinskenny(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
Wledone.sir... I believe ur work wl continue to speak for.you
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I will be writing a review shortly on Brabus/Nexthome Builders.

Please stay tuned

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by segcymoor(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2015
brag3:
Please stay tuned
welcome development!
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by adeyemijoseph: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
befto:
Thank you Brabus,
Reading your threads now and I must say very impressed.
Keep up the good work.
I will reach out to you soon.

Awaiting feedback from others that have used you in the past/currently.

Befto
good afternoon boss, contact us @ Perfect Touch Aluminium sir . Thanks
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is my personal experience with Bosun Davies /NextHome Builders.

Background

Bosun Davies was introduced to my brother in UK by one of his friends who I believe is on this site and who has engaged Brabus in the past for some construction work.
According to my Brother in UK Brabus came highly recommended due to his attention to detail and communication skills which were vital to our brothers and Sisters in Diaspora planning on building houses in our beloved country – Nigeria.
My brother was going to source the majority of the funds for the project and myself and my Baby sister were going to manage the work being done here in Lagos.
Early 2013 my brother came to Lagos to inspect some pieces of Land and Bosun was helpful in assisting him with going to inspect the lands and providing advice on whether to purchase them or not.
When my brother went back to UK he was very happy with the way Bosun conducted himself and decided to engage his services for any future projects.
In Feb 2014 we purchased a piece of Land in LASU and sometime in Sept/Oct 2014 Bosun Davies/Nexthhome were officially engaged on this project.
At the onset it was made clear to Bosun that this was a family project involving myself, my brother and my sister and, that funds were going to be provided from one account for transparency and accounting purposes.
Our Experience
We engaged NextHome Builders to do the following:
3 shops
Security Post
6 * 2 bedroom flats
When we started this project in October 2014, Me, my brother and Sister had a conference call with Bosun Davies and explained what we wanted.
Bosun was very quick in providing architectural drawings/designs for the project and we were very impressed. In fact his speed of work vindicated our decision to use Nexthome considering the not-so-good reviews we had read and heard about their services. We felt everyone deserves a second chance so why not NextHome.
Nexthome provided a schedule of work along with materials and costing for the whole project. Again we were very impressed with this as this gave us an overview of the intended cost so we could budget accordingly.
I work in Abuja so my younger sister was tasked with working closely with NextHome and providing feedback to myself and my younger brother in UK.
My only dealings with Bosun at this time were via emails and phone calls. My younger brother in UK did not have much dealings with him as it was our task to manage things here.
All funds requested by Bosun were paid on time and work progressed as expected. We were able to complete the 3 shops, security post, Foundation (German Floor) and blockwork for ground floor in by March of this year and again things seemed very OK.
My brother came to Lagos at the end of May this year to inspect the work that was being done and bosun met him and showed him around the site. He was happy with the work done so far and Bosun then requested for some money upfront to begin preparation for the decking phase. He told him that it will be good to start procuring materials in readiness for decking phase. After consultation with myself we decided to advance Bosun with 1 million Naira on the 1st of June this year to prepare for the decking phase.

Where it started to go wrong

In the Middle of June this year I was in Lagos and decided to inspect the site myself to ascertain the progress made so far. On getting to the site I was very surprised that we had spent:
700000 on demolition of existing structure
1646000 – 3 Shops/Security
5,674,500.00 – Foundation /DPC
2,985,500.00 – Blockwork ground
And there was no material left on the site to continue with the next phase. This really alarmed me. I also got my colleagues’ Engineer to inspect the site for me and was told that the work was not even completed.
At this stage I decided to be more hands-on and take some time off work to manage things myself since my sister did not seem to be doing a good job at managing this.
I took sometime off work and came back to lagos and met up with Bosun early July. We had a brief discussion and I made him aware I was going to be more hands-on going forward. I also told him that I was not happy with the fact that no materials were left-over having spent over 10M on this project so far.
He then gave me some flimsy excuses which did not make sense but I was willing to cut my losses and move on. Afterall it was our fault for not being more hands-on.
Next day I spoke to Bosun and told him that having looked at his schedule again I feel we are being over-charged for certain things and that he should try and discount some things for us. He then made it clear that he was not going to do that by even one naira and that if I liked I should even supply the other materials by myself.
I then said thank you. That’s fine for me. Where do we go from here.
He then agreed to do supervision of the work and some other bits and that we can supply the materials. I being a man of my word decided to go ahead and stupidly pay him another extra 707000 naira to cover the balance of some iron rods that were needed and to cover some additional cost for the iron benders and casters. This payment was made on the 16th of July this year
To my utter surprise I first got a text from Bosun asking what the 707000 was for even though he knew what it was for and then he insisted that I send him an email saying what it was for. This I did immediately and to my amazement the next reply I got was that He was not going to do the job again for personal reasons.
I was very surprised but not bothered so I told him to refund the money paid the day before for iron rod bends and casters and then make sure he gets my materials that had been paid for to my site. To recall 1M was paid to him on the 1st of June and another 707000 paid on the 16th of July (a Thursday). He promised to make my refund to me immediately and my brothers and sisters this became a war. Each time he came up with one excuse or the other ranging from I am not in Lagos, I don’t have my token on me to make the payment. He promised it will be done my Monday. This did not happen. Eventually on the 23rd of July 430K was refunded for the Casters and Iron rod benders leaving 1277000 for the iron rods.
After this we entered the next stage of trying to get the iron rods for the decking. I had already got a new team of workers on site and work was progressing. I was onsite everyday and calling Bosun everyday but he continued giving excuses. This was paid for since June 1st and balance given on July 16th so why was it taking so long for this man/company to deliver my iron rods? At this time I was getting really angry. This has already caused a major fallout in my family. My brother in UK was getting so much pressure from my mum because he was the one that brought this guy onboard. What made it worse was that my brother in UK was still defending him. He seemed to be in contact with him regularly and he kept asking for Patience. I am completely different from him. I made this clear to Bosun that my brother may be quiet but I am from the streets and will take this to wherever he wants. I have been there, done it and I have the T-shirt to prove it. This guy was messing with the wrong guy. He was burning his bridges big time on this project.
On the 28th of July, the rods were finally delivered and what was paid for was not what was delivered but I decided to let things go and continue with the project.
Can you believe that the next day the iron rod supplier came back to my site asking for money. I said are you mad? What money? These materials have been fully paid. He said he had not been paid I made it clear that if he comes back here he will get arrested. How can he come to ask for money when over 1.2M had been paid for materials that were worth only 1M or so? This became a big mess and Bosun was nowhere to be found. He kept playing games and concocting all kinds of stories. I for one was not worried as I know how to deal with people like this. To my complete amazement I got a call that iron rod guy had come to the site with police and they were threatening to stop my work. I then instructed my sister to go to the police station with the police and speak to the person in charge and explain the whole thing. All this while Bosun was nowhere to be found.
I would end this here now because it has taken another nasty turn.
Bosun is now threatening to harm my sister. He has been telling my brother in UK that he and my sister planned to defraud us on this project. He even went as far as sending my brother a copy of the original schedule of work and the inflated copy that was submitted for the project. He told him that him (Bosun) and my sister were in on it from the start. He is trying to break my family up but he does not know where I come from or what I have seen. He who plays with fire should not store petrol in his house.
I know so much about him but I don’t want to use hear-say here. All I want to do is let my fellow nairalanders know my own experience and to let Brabus/Bosun Davies/NextHome know that if anything happens to my sister or any member of my family he should be prepared to face his worst nightmare. He has met me before so he knows what I am capable of.
I know his Pastor. I know his wife. I know people that are looking for him.
I make no threats but I will defend my family to the last by any means necessary.
Let he who hears, listens.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by FastShipping: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Brabus what says you o?

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by enrilove12: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
FastShipping:
Brabus what says you o?
Brabus the fake builder defrauding people since 1800.
Upon all this many people will still fall Victim.
All his thread always having negative endings.
If this story is true as many others in the past then A BIG SHAME on you. You will end up in prison some day.
Be guided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by babatosan: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
One new day, one new trouble! Haba!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Am sorry you all had to go through all these wahala.......You beat me to this review cos at the moment we are also putting our own sour experiences with Brabus / Next home together..... People Home and Abroad please be warned!
Continue to watch out for this page. About 4 - 6 Clients can't be all wrong about a person or can they? ..........

3strikes!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thank you Brag3 for your very detailed review.
I think it's only fair that Brabus has a chance to defend himself.
Surely a professional outfit like NextHome cannot treat their clients like this.
Awaiting your response to this, Barbus

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by DUNKA(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
brabus:
While awaiting client testimonials and feebacks, I'll suggest you go through our threads to read more about Brabus and NextHome Design+Build.

Thank you for checking us out.
grin
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by segcymoor(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
brag3:

Please stay tuned
Damn! My imagination never failed me but it does now
.As a matter of fact, I thought someone is trying to defend brabus against all allegations against him. Perhaps, he was able to impress a client.

Brabus, my dear brother but why??
I must confess I silently admire u along side my 'lexus guy' (it's cool sighting u cruising with ur babe at lekki last time. Keep up good work! ) u guys have eye for details grin
I may need to inform you u are blessed with good worker's especially canpeter and bricklayers :
Although, I can feel ur pain having being in the same field. ..client could be funny at times (apology grin)

For instance., almost everyone here knew that the first piling project I did is not profitable for me but rather gbese embarassed In the process. I used to collect money in advance from the client in question (fikanrako na ni grin)

But I kept assuring my client that I won't demand for a penny more than what we signed on.

However, to make matters worse, I stated it clearly that roofing noggins is not involved in the carcass (stated in the contract agreement. )But the client insisted I need to do it. Perhaps, due to my personal attitude towards money. ......I just let go.
Today, the project has being completed despite all odds. I didn't sale my house or get loan to complete it.......it's profit from the consequences project (ayinmora won ni)

Bros, abeg take am easy. You can do better!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Onuokwu: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
Na wa o...but let's here from Brabus first before we start judging. There is always a second side to a story. Brabus, over to you!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
After reading all these Negative feedback if anyone should fall Maga to Brabus's Gimmicks again then don't come here to rant. forever hold your peace.

out of curiosity I read all the previous negative feedback and i said to my wife " lets give him a second chance" after all where does he want to run to with 3strike's money? We did, we saw and can testify.

Brabus is a Fraud!

To Brabus,

have you gone to pick up that "your prayer stone" you always leave at Client's site while you are working on their projects? if not we wont be needing it anymore.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Aventures(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
dear all,
beyond the issue of defrauding I am seeing something else about a project on this thread. I am coming back shortly....... I pray what I am thinking is not realistic
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by ahmedonia4real(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
I know some lazy folks will still fall into that fraudster net..........
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thanks for all your replies.
This review was not done out of malice but to let others know my experience.
I am not one to make noise. If I have formed maga/mugu then thats my biz and I take full responsibility for that but when you start to threaten a man's family then it becomes fire for fire.
From all the responses so far it seems very crystal clear that I am not the only Victim of Brabus/Nexthome Builders.
Like I said in my last post let he who hears, listens oooo
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
I am just hoping this will not affect all the other good Contractors/Builders we have in this Forum.
Look at my tag and be wise and careful when you choose your builder, and make adequate investigation before parting with your money.
We all have stories to tell... the Saga continues.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by babalose: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Doesn't Brabus have a single satisfied customer on Nairaland that can defend his reputation......

3 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by vicmoore(m): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nawa o
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by DUNKA(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
vicmoore:
Nawa o
one project multiple problems. This guy is just like inspired autos as both have good opackaging but no integrity what so ever. Brabus should be banned from advertising his his wotk hete as it is a means for defrauding people of their hard earned money. You hire this charlatan at yr own risk.

Haba!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (50) (Reply)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.