Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (26815 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Ellidude(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2014
jplay: sharap dia n stop tryin 2 hrd. 2 mny ugly gurlz on dis site dey luk 4 validation includin op wit ha rubbish post
Hey bro, you paranoid or something?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by adexsimply(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2014
jplay: sharap dia n stop tryin 2 hrd. 2 mny ugly gurlz on dis site dey luk 4 validation includin op wit ha rubbish post
Hello sir, someone snatched your lollipop or what? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2014

In English please!

@topic, I'll just say nobody is anybody's responsibility (for unmarried folks). Do not depend on anyone to meet your needs or make you happy. At age 18, you are responsible for yourself and the decision you make.

NO MAN IS UNDER OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE NEEDS FOR A WOMAN. The same goes for the woman too. (For unmarried folks). But if you wanna help someone out, please do. There's a great blessing in it. Don't do it and whine later. Immaturity is when you give a girl money and complain later.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
That's why i spoke about mindset. There are people who believe their happiness to tied to another person(men and women alike). It doesn't have to be ok, but it is what it is.
One of the "female activists" on NL once asked me "don't you guys talk to one another?" and I said that this I am not responsible for what every guy do but it rubs off on me and when I can I tell em the truth. It is funny that this is how "Women talk to one another".

It is not what it is, what's wrong is effing wrong and can't be right. You can try to understand their mentality but it should be with a view to change it not to make em believe they are right.

Sonic of "sonics underground" said "You're part of the problem if you are not helping solve em"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2014
Well said Caracta smiley
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Nkem88(f): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2014
They are either gold diggers or use gold diggers' methods and tactics to pursue happiness. grin

"Don't you want a man who can spend on you?" is a common line I keep hearing from my aunts and cousins. Sorry, but that's gold digging. Can't convince me otherwise. One can make excuses and/or blame it on environment, conditions, etc., but let's call a spade a spade.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Jbluv55(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

In English please!

@topic, I'll just say nobody is anybody's responsibility (for unmarried folks). Do not depend on anyone to meet your needs or make you happy. At age 18, you are responsible for yourself and the decision you make.

NO MAN IS UNDER OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE NEEDS FOR A WOMAN. The same goes for the woman too. (For unmarried folks). But if you wanna help someone out, please do. There's a great blessing in it. Don't do it and whine later. Immaturity is when you give a girl money complain later.
@bolded No ma. Immaturity is leading a guy on, collecting from him so much and telling him sorry it can't work out later. Maturity would mean suggesting to return what was collected(restitution) and the guy saying "don't worry, keep them" wink

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
One of the "female activists" on NL once asked me "don't you guys talk to one another?" and I said that this I am not responsible for what every guy do but it rubs off on me and when I can I tell em the truth. It is funny that this is how "Women talk to one another".

It is not what it is, what's wrong is effing wrong and can't be right. You can try to understand their mentality but it should be with a view to change it not to make em believe they are right.

Sonic of "sonics underground" said "You're part of the problem if you are not helping solve em"
I don't want to believe you really lack understanding of my post, and you fail to see the message in it.
But in case you don't, i believe identifying a problem and understanding it are the first steps to solving it. This is the identification point, pls try to understand first before saying i am excusing their actions.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Briareos(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=]They are either gold diggers or use gold diggers' methods and tactics to pursue happiness. grin

"Don't you want a man who can spend on you?" is a common line I keep hearing from my aunts and cousins. Sorry, but that's gold digging. Can't convince me otherwise. One can make excuses and/or blame it on environment, conditions, etc., but let's call a spade a spade.[/quote]

+1000

My work here is done.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Jbluv55(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Seychelle: Thumbz up@poster,u re on point, jxt lyk my saying goes"a man can only b succesful wen he makes more money dan a woman can spend"
money z gud en sweet
#jxt passing shaaa....#
So when you are spending it you should do it wt honor not find a richer man or a man wt many more cars and then ur initial happiness becomes threatened and you feel you can only now get it wt d new man.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2014
Jbluv55:
@bolded No ma. Immaturity is leading a guy on, collecting from him so much and telling him sorry it can't work out later. Maturity would mean suggesting to return what was collected(restitution) and the guy saying "don't worry, keep them" wink

@bolded, no that's wrong. That's robbery!

The last part may not happen if the "robber" see no wrong in what she did.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
I don't want to believe you really lack understanding of my post, and you fail to see the message in it.
But in case you don't, i believe identifying a problem and understanding it are the first steps to solving it. This is the identification point, pls try to understand first before saying i am excusing their actions.
Half education is more dangerous than illiteracy. I am sure you know that but what's the point in you identifying a problem and understanding it then you end it with
Until you can successfully do that, please chase after your money and let the women chase after you, and stop complaining
it means you are telling the men to accept that the women are prostitutes and all that matters to them is money.

Why can't the women chase money the way the men do?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:13am On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=]They are either gold diggers or use gold diggers' methods and tactics to pursue happiness. grin

"Don't you want a man who can spend on you?" is a common line I keep hearing from my aunts and cousins. Sorry, but that's gold digging. Can't convince me otherwise. One can make excuses and/or blame it on environment, conditions, etc., but let's call a spade a spade.[/quote]
Oh but people are what they are because experience and environment have made them so. We cannot totally eliminate that factor, can we?
We might decide to make a conscious effort to change ourselves and how to eventually turn out in life, but there are those who can't/won't or want to but don't know how to.
How do you teach a person to be self dependent when all their life they are made to believe a woman should depend on a man?
You can't change what yoi don't understand. You can't help who you cannot relate to.

Now the use of 'gold digging' was merely to bring the subject home for lack of a better choice of word grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Yes Uj. Some people have been trained and raised to be dependent. Even the men they date have made matters worse.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Jbluv55(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44: While I agree that what the OP is right and the mentality is that they are chasing, that same mentality has been known to be a colossal failure and has made Nigerian women to be seen as money hungry skanks. Look if you want to chase money why not do it the right way?

Go get a job, get a life and also get a new name while at it. Get money on your terms, get a job to do ask your FATHER for money and stop being a freaking parasite who depends on others for money and livelihood. The same way a man works for money, a woman can also work for it and guess what, she can then be happy.

If you date people or have sex with people for money, you are a what? A LOVE PEDDLER. You might as well get a room in a brothel and wait for customers or share your numbers in hotels around you. At least we know you take it as a job and not hide behind the lie that you want to be comfortable
Let's look at this the other way round. Women that chase after money (the 'legit' way) are the ones that find it hard to settle down on time coz they end up building a career rather than the want/need for a family (except the ones that some guy has been able to capture earlier and things got serious earlier too). The others become some banker with little or no access to a prospective and you know the rest of the story........

So I concur wt the OP but the mindset is what needs to be checked.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd, Sony is wise. Men don't help solve the issue of materiality in women. No, they tell themselves to make more money so the women follow them, then they come here to complain.

That's what this thread is about.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
1. Oh but people are what they are because experience and environment have made them so.

We cannot totally eliminate that factor, can we?
2. We might decide to make a conscious effort to change ourselves and how to eventually turn out in life, but there are those who can't/won't or want to but don't know how to.

3. How do you teach a person to be self dependent when all their life they are made to believe a woman should depend on a man?
You can't change what yoi don't understand. You can't help who you cannot relate to.

Now the use of 'gold digging' was merely to bring the subject home for lack of a better choice of word grin
1. People are not what they are due to the society, they are what they are because they chose to be if that's the case, I think we should not jail molesters and war criminals cos that's what society made them. People who torture kids should also not be jailed cos our society believes in discipline

2. There are people who can't and that's why "Iron sharpens Iron"

3. Keep hammering it, naming and shaming, teaching, correcting with love etc. Read your Bible on how to correct people woman

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2014
Intent matters sha. Some girls are not empowered enough...and our men are quick to take advantage of that.

It's a two-way thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle: Mynd, Sony is wise. Men don't help solve the issue of materiality in women. No, they tell themselves to make more money so the women follow them, then they come here to complain.

That's what this thread is about.
False. ,en don't make money solely so women will follow them anyone who does is an infant. Men make money to better their future and prepare for the time when they have their own family. The make money for their parents, siblings and providing for their family who provided for them while they grew up.

The same thing should be applicable to women, make your own darned money and stop being a parasite.

You mentioned that men don't show women their desirable qualities but you forget that showing these traits take time and in that time, they are likely to get stuck in the "friendzone" by these women they are trying to show.

In a thread recently. A lot of women here said they prefer a man who comes to them and lays it down to them that he wants to date them and not friendship first. How is that supposed to happened without showing off? How does his patience gets tested? How will he caring ability get tested?

Women are their own enemies and they keep falling victim to men who don't care about them but take advantage of their stupîdity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Psychedelia(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2014
Co-sign on the point about guys who keep spending money on girls and still complain they're gold-diggers.
Fact of the matter is, people have their own definition of happiness, and it isn't in any outsider's place to label them "gold-diggers" just based on their own personal definition; just like it isn't in anybody's place to call me "shallow" for not being sexxxually attracted to morbidly obese people, regardless of their "kindness, intellect, etc"

Skip the gold-diggers when you encounter them and stop flooding my Facebook news feed with moody poems about how you "sent about 20 of these 1500 recharge cards to this bbitch within the duration of our 2 month relationship and she never called me once!", or how you "bought her a Galaxy Tab using my hard-earned salary, only to see her in Ejike's SUV at Rockview". They are boring! angry

I was having a discussion with a friend some months back, and she said she couldn't marry an Igbo man who grew up in Anambra(sorry my brothers)

grin grin grin
She should try us Abians and Imolites then. We give good loving for real.
Maka chukwu. Naani eziokwu ka'm n'ekwu grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:

Women are their own enemies and they keep falling victim to men who don't care about them but take advantage of their stupîdity

Oh please! What are you saying? So if one is dying, the other must keep flogging? I've heard some really different cases and I no longer generalize or jump into hasty conclusions.

Besides, it's not always stupidity. Vulnerability is another strong factor. So take it easy.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:36am On Jan 10, 2014
I'll be more inclined to type long replies like i want to if my table wasn't filled with paperwork now.

I'll be back for this pls.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

Oh please! What are you saying? So if one is dying, the other must keep flogging? I've heard some really different cases and I no longer generalize or jump into hasty conclusions.

Besides, it's not always stupidity. Vulnerability is another strong factor. So take it easy.
Vulnerable.....that's a good one. Have you ever been in a situation where you are broke and you find another person's money? Now you are broke and understandably, you are tempted but taking it will be wrong right no matter how vulnerable you are right?

So are you telling me that it is every poor girl out there that have this mentality of collecting and being a skank? Is it every woman whose parents put pressure to marry a rich man bow to pressure? What's wrong with the rest?

They are weak and greed have taken the better of their lives which is what? Stupîdity and lack of self pride. They are a disgrace to the woman folk and a disgrace to humanity.

It is what it is cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Psychedelia(m): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2014
Jbluv55: Speechless! cheesy cheesy cheesy

*patiently waiting for the counter - thread "Nigerian Men Aren't Necessarily After S*E*X But Chasing After Their Happiness" grin cheesy

For real sha grin
I hope no-one accuses me of this one too. I love "happiness" wink

Liking "ukwu" is not an njo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Jbluv55(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta: Intent matters sha. Some girls are not empowered enough...and our men are quick to take advantage of that.

It's a two-way thing.
I concur. No two humans are equal. There has to always be a quality of one human that makes them attractive (including cash).

But somethings last longer than others ........ so you may make yourself as butiful as a peacock just so you cud chase after some man's money. If/when the beauty fades, he may chase after another.

Its still a two way thing thoh grin
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by PedroJP(m): 11:44am On Jan 10, 2014
OP i can only agree with u to support my observation that "forced appreciation" in offices are only imposed by women. Go to any woman in an office inside Naija and she will make u understand dat truely money is their happiness.

Now to the topic, are u trying to say money is d source of happiness for Naija ladies cos i know it is not for their folks around d globe ? OP pls think twice to know if u are not making a wrong generalisation.

Gold diggers are not normally satisfied with enough money made out of their gold digging. They tend to want some more from any potential victim.

Someone who pursues sthing for self interest shud equally know that their must be sacrifices. Since money gives most of Naija ladies happiness as u said, they shud prepare to make sacrifices to gain that.

I sincerely support one goes for whatever dat will make one happy with all might to gain dat. If women in Naija can only gain their happiness through insincere act, they shud equally prepare to dance to any tune.

But i know dat not all women will concur with what u said cos i know some women who love their guys with passion and enjoy every bit of a moment spent together.

Nothing gives happiness more than having a sense of belonging, not engaging in insincere acts that sometimes trouble ur conscience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:45am On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
Vulnerable.....that's a good one. Have you ever been in a situation where you are broke and you find another person's money? Now you are broke and understandably, you are tempted but taking it will be wrong right no matter how vulnerable you are right?

So are you telling me that it is every poor girl out there that have this mentality of collecting and being a skank? Is it every woman whose parents put pressure to marry a rich man bow to pressure? What's wrong with the rest?

They are weak and greed have taken the better of their lives which is what? Stupîdity and lack of self pride. They are a disgrace to the woman folk and a disgrace to humanity.

It is what it is cool

I'm talking in terms of dependability. Not for greed, emotional robbery or whatever. Depending on someone doesn't mean you are greedy. I think you need to let us know the women you are talking about here...because you are coming down too hard and i'm beginning to see improper generalizations. Who are the "they" here?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2014
Psychedelia, lol i'll let her know wink
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Jbluv55:
I concur. No two humans are equal. There has to always be a quality of one human that makes them attractive (including cash).

But somethings last longer than others ........ so you may make yourself as butiful as a peacock just so you cud chase after some man's money. If/when the beauty fades, he may chase after another

Its still a two way thing thoh grin

WORD!!!
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Dhurmynick(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2014
Never listen to what a woman says — always
pay attention to what she actually does
instead. The two are quite frequently worlds
apart, because women are masters at self-
deceit and equally adept at lying to
themselves about their own behavior.

Cross-cultural evidence from different
societies consistently reveals that what
women really want from men are economic
resources. Studies with college coeds show
that when shown photographs of men
dressed in high-status uniforms (suits, ties,
expensive watches, etc.) and low-status
uniforms, these women would be significantly
more willing to enter into relationships with
the more expensively-attired males
regardless of the man's physical
appearance .

To a woman, attraction is simple: green is
very good-looking. And these same studies
found that college men were convinced that
magnifying their status (implying greater
earning power) would lead to increased
sexual activity.

Thus men were forced to rely on such
attraction tactics as driving expensive cars,
bragging about accomplishments, and
emphasizing present or future earning power,
while women, on the other hand, packaged
themselves as commodities with make-up,
jewelry, hairstyles, and shape-revealing
clothing.
Evolution says women want more sex, not
money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Jbluv55(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2014
Psychedelia:
For real sha grin
I hope no-one accuses me of this one too. I love "happiness" wink

Liking "ukwu" is not an njo. grin
Every man loves "HAPPINESS" grin grin cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by dre11(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2014
hehe!
Ok oooo................ thats goes to say that '2 can play the game'

but, why do we hear all this mis-leading post all over nairaland and on ladies mouth that.... 'the guy is heartless'..... 'the guy broke my heart'..... 'the guy is after me for sex'...... 'the guy doesn't love me' etc
when, from your post the ladies are in pursue of their happiness tongue

Hope say una don find the happiness wey una dey pursue for since all this yearsundecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ever Received A Rival's Call? / Ozzy Etomi: Why Men Hate Runs Girls / For guys: Have you ever shed tears over a heart break?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.