Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? (2385 Views)

7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ / Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by olabowale(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2008
@Olowo Tee: What happened to Paul? Whats his role? Mo ni ki nron e leti ni o! She ongbo mi, nsin yin? lol. Otito koroo, omo araiye o fe.
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by thetruth90: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2008
All I would say is that we should go back to our roots: Orunmila baba ifa. Only him can save, no middle way!
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2008
thetruth90:

All I would say is that we should go back to our roots: Orunmila baba ifa. Only him can save, no middle way!

heheheheheheh. . . .
you're funny man! Orunmila lol
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2008
I understand your frustration, but remember that all these things must come to pass according to Jesus' prophecy in Matthew 24.

Remember He said that many will be deceived. He also said that false teachers would arise and deceive many with their miracles and lying wonders.

You see my friend, there are some Christians who gravitate toward sensationalism and miracles of the wrong kind, not realizing that Satan will use miracles to deceive. They ignorantly accept all miracles as having come from God. The RCC has its own sets of miracles, in the Marian apparitions that are taking place in some sections of the globe, where millions of people actually believe that Mary is alive, and is now somehow ministering in heaven next to Christ Himself.

As it was in the times of the pre-reformation period, where gross darkness and superstition ruled the masses of Europe, so will it be among the world today.

May God help us all to see plain biblical truth, before that day comes when the whole "world will wonder after the beast"
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by Yisraylite(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2008
Ecc 12:13   Here is the conclusion: Reverence YAHAWAH and obey HIS Commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. (Not just Hebrew, Moslem, Christian or Jew, but all mankind period!)

Yer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot give heed. Behold, the LAW of YAHAWAH is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.

Yisraylite smiley
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by TheClown: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
Era of Science! Christianity has now become science! Everything is questioned and has to be proven with methods nigh unto scientific. And when we say faith, we forget that every faith demands work if not, what is so special about faith?

I believe in God (even devils believe in God and shiver)
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord (Is every tongue not supposed to confess that?)

All I see is people making new discoveries to make life easier (akin to technological improvements), thus, you don't need to do anything, just believe in God and his son Jesus Christ and you are there! A very attractive improvement on the old one!

My own religion is not faith alone, its faith and the good practices that makes it a faith worth holding. Thus I wouldn't say to a hungry man, 'may God almighty fill you stomach' when I can actually do it. And that my work wouldn't be in vain for I know that as I do for the needy ones now, I'm actually doing for Christ. I also feel encouraged whenever I read that portion of the holy scriptures where Christ said that on the last day, all mankind would be divided into two, and to one half he would say;

When I was hungry you gave me to eat, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink, when I was in the prison you visited me, when I was unclothed you clothed me (etc), now enter into the kingdom of my father. 

This is Christ himself making it clear that works is highly essential to get a man into heaven. My religion and her doctrines told me so too, and my faith is strengthened by these teachings and not words without practice, not faith without precepts, not believes without comely outward radiations. Words and philosophies, making arguments and fault finding the essence of the so-called faith devoid of religion! And by this faith, I've prayed to God many times and he has answered me in miraculous ways, what else do I need from a faith and her good works, and from a religion and her teachings or doctrines as some would prefer to call it.
Re: Protestants Or Catholics -- Who Do We Follow? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2010
Little boy: “Are you a Catholic or a Presbyterian?”

Little girl: “Neither. We belong to a different abomination.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Pastor David Oyedepo Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.