Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ (17450 Views)

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / This Clearly Shows We Follow Pastor Instead Of God / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by iliyande(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2016
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

When a person comes to faith in Christ there will be some evidence of this faith in their lives. You won’t see perfection in a Christian, but what you will see is something different in that person. You will see some evidence that a person has a relationship with Christ. Now it’s very important to we understand that wearen’t talking about being saved by works. You aren’t a Christian because you don’t curse or smoke or cut people off in traffic or because you go to church or give money to charity.Everyone sins and falls short of God’s glory, but through Christ we are forgiven of those sins.

A Christian is someone who calls on Christ to save them from their sins. (Rom 3:23-26) You’ll see these differences more clearly in some Christians than in others – we’re all a work in progress and we all grow in Christ at different rates. But eventually the person who is following Christ will:

1) Love Christ

We love Him because He first loved us.(1 Jhn 4:19)

2) Hate Sin

Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.(Rom 12:9)

3) Pray

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)

4) Read and Apply the Teachings of the Bible

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.(Jam 1:22)

5) Turn from the Works of the Flesh

The works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like. (Gal 5:19-21)

6) Produce the Fruits of the Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. (Gal 5:22-23)

7) Live by Faith

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

http://biblestudyplanet.com/category/christian-words-you-should-know/

Lalasticlala

43 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by emmyw(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2016
when someone receive the holy spirit, everything about the person will "totally" change, the he/she thinks, do things etc, especially hating anything called SIN to the core. For me, there is nothing in life that can give me joy and true happiness aside the Almighty God, the moment am filled with the holy spirit, am happy and satisfied, that's when one experience love, faith,true happiness. This is the moment one is free from flesh, if one still satisfy his/her flesh before listening to your spirit, it really means that the spirit in him/her is weak.

20 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by olalekan225(m): 10:40am On Jan 03, 2016
I love this, and love to share it with my friends. May God bless d writer.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Number one though, "Love"....WTF, is your God gay? Females could love him but a male though.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by deeswagger: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sorry for the deviation, @op

I always looked at what people say about there being a God passively, until I tried to communicate with him in belief, and fortunately for me, he answered all within the space of 1hr... God is indeed real...

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by miqos02(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
ok
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by lasisi69(f): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
He plays an important role in our lives

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by JackBizzle: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin grin grin

I just dey laff

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Matttthew(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
I concur

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Leave trash for lawma
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Matttthew(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Read your Bible daily.

You need the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Brymo: 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
What I need d most He has given me and dats LOVE

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
the rate at which we f**k also changes
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by jomboliski(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
aaronson:
Number one though, "Love"....WTF, is your God gay? Females could love him but a male though.
......receive sense ooh

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Matttthew(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
May God have mercy on you.

And open your understanding likewise.

aaronson:

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Matttthew(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Amen.
jomboliski:
......receive sense ooh
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by awesomesossy(f): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very true
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Teamybnlnation: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Uhmmm, thats miraclulous.
Tiwa Savage Accidentally Flashed Her B*oobs During A Video Shot (photos)
Click Here To See Photos
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by mentorandfriend(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Number one point is very vital. Genuine lovers of God are those who will stand the test of time after repentance. When you see people who backslide, it is usually a love problem. Either they have fallen in love with the world again (such as Demas, who suddenly started growing affections for the things of the world, so he left Apostle Paul and travelled back to Thessalonica to live out his lusts. 2 Tim 4:10) or their love for God grew cold.

One way to sustain our salvation is to serve God with joyfulness of heart because we love Him, not because of what we can get from him. (like prosperity, open doors, miracle jobs and miracle husbands)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by GraceBestowed(f): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
May God open the eyes of some of these ignorant posters!

It is not enough to say you're a Christian, you have to exhibit the fruits of the Spirit as this writer has rightly said. Too many people take Christians for granted because a lot of people call Jesus but live a life of sin!

God forbid that I lead others to heaven and be a castaway! Amen!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Treash(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Gracebestowed. U dnt av anytinelse to say?
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
Perfection in Christianity refers to heart-perfection, not head-perfection.

Meanwhile, if you don't believe God exists...

[b]Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne, the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire, famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!".

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GHhtTqtTTo

Charles IX was the French king who urged on by his mother, gave the order for the massacre of the French Huguenots, in which 15,000 souls were slaughtered in Paris alone and 100,000 in other sections of France, for no other reason than that they loved Christ. The guilty king suffered miserably for years after that event. He finally died, bathed in blood bursting from his veins. To his physicians he said in his last hours: "Asleep or awake, I see the mangled forms of the Huguenots passing before me. They drop with blood. They point at their open wounds. Oh! That I had spared at least the little infants at the bosom! What blood! I know not where I am. How will all this end? What shall I do? I am lost forever! I know it. Oh, I have done wrong."

David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: "My philosophy leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!"

In a Newsweek interview with Svetlana Stalin, the daughter of Josef Stalin, she told of her father's death: "My father died a difficult and terrible death. . God grants an easy death only to the just. . At what seemed the very last moment he suddenly opened his eyes and cast a glance over everyone in the room. It was a terrible glance, insane or perhaps angry. . His left hand was raised, as though he were pointing to something above and bringing down a curse on us all. The gesture was full of menace. . The next moment he was dead."

Anton LeVey author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. Some of his famous quotes are “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were "Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong…there is something very wrong….” [/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Mediapace: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
We stop using Nairaland Romance section
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by GraceBestowed(f): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Treash:
Gracebestowed. U dnt av anytinelse to say?
Lol! That was a placeholder.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by itzmarvyx(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
When you.follow Christ, you gain the peace that surpasses all understanding, the manifestation of His power through His Holy Spirit, having a knowledge that keeps you above this world, accessing hidden mysteries that the wise don't know, His grace all over your life, having a boldness that you're untouchable, the hope of a secure eternity..... I can go on and on.

Encountering Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to any man.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by jamesbanjo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Being born again z d best. ... wink wink

#I WISH I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNW NW.
cry cry
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by BIGTinfotech: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Correct!
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't know what to say.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by ichommy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yinmu
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by allenxbank: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
Great one. God bless u..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spiritual Implications Of The Clamour For A Buhari Presidency / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.