Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors (4540 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by larger20(m): 12:14am On Aug 13, 2008
I will like to know the companies responsible for Nigerian Movie distribution. I mean companies with license to advertise and distribute Nigerian movies in USA, CANADA, UK and nigeria. if you have this type of information. please let me know
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by SeanT21(f): 12:17am On Aug 13, 2008
Google might help you.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Any info yet?
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by lerayluanhe: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2013
Google might help you.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 31, 2013
idprincess: Any info yet?
If you are looking for distributors for your 'Film' for theatrical release; Blue pictures and Silverbird come to mind. And Talking Drum Entertainment for International Release.

For DVD release (For a 'film'); Nollywood Distributions comes to mind.

For Online Releases; Doboxtv, Distrify, OHBox and even Irokotv comes to mind. Even Amazon for United states Audience

Just note that; your movie must be really worth it for these platforms (especially the theatrical distributors) to strike a deal with you.

I hope I've been able to help.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Originalsly: 7:53am On Dec 31, 2013
speedyboi:
If you are looking for distributors for your 'Film' for theatrical release; Blue pictures and Silverbird come to mind. And Talking Drum Entertainment for International Release.

For Online Releases; Doboxtv, Distrify, OHBox and even Irokotv comes to mind. Even Amazon for United states Audience

Just note that; your movie must be really worth it for these platforms (especially the theatrical distributors) to strike a deal with you.

See date thread was posted.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by prof800(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2013
Originalsly: See date thread was posted.
both question and answer still look valid to me..considering our nigeria film industry of today is gradually ebbing into a new cinema age.>
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by prof800(m): 8:27am On Dec 31, 2013
speedyboi:

but one ignorant kwenshun i wanto ask...
Is it these companies that are responsible for marketing and publicity.?
I know silverbird does marketing but i don't know if it is to promote its own cinema or for just the film.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2013
speedyboi:

Yes, u have. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
prof800:
but one ignorant kwenshun i wanto ask...
Is it these companies that are responsible for marketing and publicity.?
I know silverbird does marketing but i don't know if it is to promote its own cinema or for just the film.
No oo. You are responsible for marketing and publicity!

What silverbird does on their tv station is not marketing. They only advertise the movies showing in their cinemas at the moment. It doesn't matter whether they are the distributor of the film or not.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
idprincess:

Yes, u have. Thanks
You're welcome
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by prof800(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
speedyboi:
No oo. You are responsible for marketing and publicity!

What silverbird does on their tv station is not marketing. They only advertise the movies showing in their cinemas at the moment. It doesn't matter whether they are the distributor of the film or not.
Ooooookay.
Re: Nigerian Movie Licensed Distributors by Originalsly: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
My bad! @idprinces..can only say for dvd. You have to find a distributor willing to buy the rights to distribute your film e.g in the US. They would review your film and if interested try to settle at a price which can be from US$3000 to about $20000 . The veteran distributors are Sanga Entertainment, Franco Films and Executive Image but there are others not so well known that are also investing in movies. E.g ..Paulo International Concept Ltd/BSM that have the rights for Mirror Boy.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Films/documentaries To Watch / How To Download Youtube Video With English Subtiled. / Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.