Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? (962 Views)

Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / Do You Need A Sales Job Or Want A Better One? SALESMANSHIP CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by myboo: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hi nairalanders,

This colleague of mine is through with his UK masters in a business related field and also has ICAN. He is seriously considering returning to Nigeria to look for job.

Should he come over (considering the job market in Nigeria) or remain in the UK to continue his job search (where good jobs are limited for nigerians).

He has approximately 1 year experience with the oil & gas (contract job).

What are the prospects back in the Nigeria labour market ? Is this goin to be the right move?

Please, we need your contributions ooooo

thx
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by larrybaby: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
tell ur friend to come home, first to post his cv via online to my companies in naija, secure a job first before coming home. but i will strongly adivse him to come home and take his position in the labour market than washing toilet or doing some dirty jobs after suffering though having his masters will lot of school payment fees and accomdation wahala in Uk.

he should take his time get a job here and come. Home is always sweetier and his chances are high here now since most companies now wants to employ people that studied abroad nowadays.

he can always go back there for vacations and who knows since most companies now have branches outside naija, he might be sent back to overs see one, beleving he now knows well the environment since he studied there ,then he goes back to Uk life on a big boy level not a dirty plate or toilet washer
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by frenchman(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
I wish to disagree with you on that. As much as I agree that there is no place like home, I dont think all foreigners who reside legally in UK are all washing toilets.

All depends on the level of skill you have and not solely on your certificate.
What good is your certificate if you cannot add any value to an organisation.
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by Jascobee: 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2008
it depends on him, if he is there,though he might take him some time b4 he gets a good job but it's a matter of time, he will still get in the uk,
getting a job in naija with UK masters is not automatic,he will still need to be patient and with connections too,
i had my masters in the UK a year ago and i am back in naija,it took me about 5months b4 i secured a job with a bank here, though i never liked to stay in the UK but it was a personal decision, i did so many odd jobs to keep body and soul together while doing my Masters but i would have gotten a good job if i was hell bent on staying after my masters,

so as i said,it depends on him, even if i was offered a 50,000pounds job yearly in the UK,i would still not have stayed because my heart didn't stay there,
the advice i would give to ur friend is that if he is to get a job in naija,he really needs to be around as posting CVs online wouldn't really help him as he can be called anytime for interview, he must be prepared to stay jobless for like 8-10months in naija but i am sure he will get a job b4 staying for 1 year, he must have the means to keep himself for 1 year, GOOD LUCK
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by myboo: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ jascobee

u mean u stayed that long before getting a job??

with an MBA?

Are the jobs that scarce??

Now wa
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by bigboyslim(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2008
Men, 8-10 months before getting a job with a foreign degree. Omo, forgive me for saying this but Naija is a hopeless country. Despite all the oil money, the situation is still that terrible. Sometimes I wonder if we have economic and labor advisers in that country. I am really pissed. Sincerely, after having to sit through tests written by 20,000 applicants before getting a job in that country if I should return home and still have to wait that long before getting a job, then something is fundamentally wrong.
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by mosunade(f): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2008
At a time when IT professionals and others are coming back to Nigeria to pick up highly paid jobs - na im you wan make him stay put for the UK? Does he have a work permit - or you think he will work with his student visa? Who told you he will get a job easily, or well paid? Batter run back to your country - a few of us did that and we bless God for that till today.
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by bigboyslim(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mosun, are there really well paying opportunities for foreign degree holders in the nigerian IT industry?
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by mosunade(f): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2008
bigboyslim:

Mosun, are there really well paying opportunities for foreign degree holders in the nigerian IT industry?

Wait there - Naija is a hopeless country - u said - so - but many are returning home to that same hopeless country to establish and even earn well paying jobs - u stay abroad dey chop ewa and gaari.
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by bigboyslim(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2008
mosun_ade:

Wait there - Naija is a hopeless country - u said - so - but many are returning home to that same hopeless country to establish and even earn well paying jobs - u stay abroad dey chop ewa and gaari.

Haba now. Aunty mosun. i was mainly passing a comment based on my experiences before leaving the country. and as much as I would love to admit that i absolutely adore ewa and garri, sadly i do not have such priviledges at the moment. Thanks for enlightening me sha although you sounded a bit eldersisterish.
Re: Completed Uk Masters; Should He Return For Job Or Stay Back In The Uk? by Jascobee: 8:08am On Aug 19, 2008
the problem in naija is that many employers don't even look at CVs believe me, i discovered that they have candidates already before dvertising for vacancies, they just do it for formality sake.If not,a foreign masters or MB should have a job within 2 months but that is not the case.U still need somebody to help push your CV because i have experienced it.They receive thousands of CVs,so how would they know the one with foreign MBA or masters?
personally,i still beleieve naija is better, eventually one will still get the job and u will live well and get paid very well.

(1) (Reply)

Hey! House Noble Oil And Gas Has Started Calling! / Sterling Bank Recruits Fresh Graduates / Bank Phb And Tuesday Job Vacancies Available Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.