Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA (1730 Views)

Buying Stocks, Bonds And Shares In Nigeria / Any Nigerian Company Selling Shares? / Buying Shares in Nigeria: Companies, Stock Market Trends, & Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by godwininUS(m): 1:26am On Jun 23, 2006
I was wondering if anyone know how I can sell the shares I bought in Nigeria in 1980, from here, USA, without getting con, by thieves.
I have can't find anyone in the States that can help me, without me going home.
Re: Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by kazey(m): 4:10am On Jun 23, 2006
A way could be contact a Nigerian stock brocker directly?
Re: Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by layi(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2006
several conmen pose as stockbrokers. If u must do that then contact the stock exchange directly www.nigerianstockexchange.com and get a lists of registered stockbrokers (if possible).
your best bet would be to come down to Nigeria and execute this deal in person. I bet the shares u bought in 1980 will be worth millions now so ticketting should not be a rpoblem. Find time to come down. So many scammers around. Even those in Nigeria are gettin scammed in the stockmarket talk more of someone in faraway states.
Re: Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by godwininUS(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2006
Thank you both. I was considering it.
Re: Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by blackchief(m): 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2006
godwininus, my first advice to u is to know the value of the stock now (log on to thisdayonline or cash craft asset management) then u will know if the share is worth coming home to sale or keeping.
Re: Selling Shares In Nigeria From The USA by godwininUS(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2006
Blackchief. i wish it was that easy. Knowing the current price doesn't help me, because I have 26b years of divideds and bonus stock that needs to be accounted for. Iwill need a reputable broker to do that. All my shares are between 1980 - 1983, and the didvideds and bonus shares need to be added. Thanks for the site, I was able to check on the current prices.

(1) (Reply)

Join Me To Make Money In This Program / Genesis Mining The Best / Tug Boat And Ramp Barge For Sale In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.