Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? (39816 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by moonraker(m): 6:41am On Aug 17, 2009
You know the really bad part??

is the fact that these guys are surpose to our brothers and sisters.

its quite unfortuate, this issue is everywhere. ever been to a nigeria embassy before??

same thing. even the foreigners working there treat you like trash in your own embassy.

@ OP

i do not associate myself with nigerians abroad so i suggest you do same. you dont know who is who.

as a matter of fact, its much better for you to interact more with canadians becos they are more open minded,

and there is a sure possibility that you will succeed. i am writing from experience so its not smt i made up

6 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by ikeyman00(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2009
count UK out^^^

thanks

carry go!!
bye
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by tosin1570(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2009
Have been to Canada few times, I think Nigerians in that country are far better than Nigerians in UK

being a Nigerian origin in the UK armed forces have seen a lot I mean lot. I live in Oxford and there are some places I don't even go somewhere like Peckham because we Nigerian don't even behave ourself shouting on the street eating while walking I mean as if they are in Ajegunle

2 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by akataman: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
stuff like this dont just happen only outside naija.The little experience i had in my former place of work with felow naija colleague made me very careful abt getting too close to pple in terms of revealing my plan and secret.One just have to be very vigilant and careful.
Just as yoruba will say "ENIYAN SHORO" "AIYE LE" PEOPLE ARE DIFFICULT TO TRUST.Even your blood brother can set you up.May God save us from who "ABINU ENI" evil minded people angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
Not all Nigerians acts up negatively though but i'd rather maintain my distance.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by blackspade(m): 12:41am On Aug 18, 2009
tosin1570:

Have been to Canada few times, I think Nigerians in that country are far better than Nigerians in UK

being a Nigerian origin in the UK armed forces have seen a lot I mean lot. I live in Oxford and there are some places I don't even go somewhere like Peckham because we Nigerian don't even behave ourself shouting on the street eating while walking I mean as if they are in Ajegunle

LWKMD!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by ayoalade(m): 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
It is very simple, just follow the simple scriptural recommendation - "Be sober, and be viligant for the devil your adversary is roaring about looking for whom to devour". Remember the Yoruba saying that you do not go to bed with fire raging over your roof, God will grant you the discernment to deal with these folks. Believe me, when dealing with "these Nigerians", wisdom is essential. As you can see in some of the response - keeping your distance, you can be seeing as being an elitist, if you're too friendly, people will say "na wetin be in own", so, as you can see, it's a no win situation, hence, the need for wisdom.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by tunnytox(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2009
the rule of thumb is never mix with anyone (Nigerians or not) who aint going to add value to your life, you will know them by their attitude, comportment, orientation and many other attributes. I do associate with few Nigerians here but i choose my friend very carefully and back out with a jet speed if i suspect they are can not be trusted

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by mevisbleek: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
lol, who created this topic, hw u take know? I dey canada, naija pple can behave like, i dnt know what to say. Naija pple can form but its all good, i like that be vigilant scripture, its better to be on ur own
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by mevisbleek: 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2009
@vadewoyin, na yoruba people plenty for canada, anywhere wey yoruba plenty wat do u expect, in d whole rccg in canada na yoruba full, as i enter rccg as i jst see d yoruba community i discharge. Forget about Nigerians, na over familiarity with nigerians they kill person, me anytime i c Nigerians here i will tell them that i am from botswana, thats whats up, ride alone and u will live long, take my advice. Dont even attend any Nigerian function, na my way be that, no nigerian here know say i be naija dude. Lol

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by mevisbleek: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
i am not trying to be tribalistic but u all know that yoruba people are loud pple, i have read the bbc article and i jst found out that the woman is even yoruba. God bless 9ja

1 Like

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by debosky(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ mevis

You are the one losing by not associating with Nigerians. I can tell you from personal experience that there are lots of Nigerians both Yoruba and others spread all over Canada, particularly in Ottawa and they get along very well with each other.

As always choose carefully whom you associate with.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by yommyuk: 3:38am On Oct 15, 2009
Poster, this is very common
A few years ago, a work colleague of mine (whiteguy) told me that a nigerian has just joined our company on the top floor. A few days later I met the guy in the lift and I introduced myself. to my horror the bobo said that he was from Dominican republic. A few months after that I saw the bobo at a nigerian party. Men I was disgusted.

8 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by mevisbleek: 3:48am On Oct 15, 2009
@yommyyuk, na u f up by going to introduce yourself, dont u have pride, u dnt need to relate with every and any nigerian u see, well its all good, na u cos am. Lol, so wetin d guy yan wen u c am for party?

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by yommyuk: 5:28am On Oct 15, 2009
@mevisbleek,

As u know oyingbo market no know who no come na.

That was years ago. Experience is the best teacher. I learnt my lesson.
lol smiley
I later found out dat the name wey did bobo dey use na wayo. Come see how did bobo dey avoid me for work. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by smoothman(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,
Please i really need your assistance.Am about travelling to Austria and as been told i will be staying with a relative who will come and pick me up at the port of Entry,He is working in a company.And he promised to get me a job when i get there,
I have gone to a travel Agent and she requested 500k,Payment after visa is out and confirmed.
I will be travelling with a Month Visa, I want to know whether it is posoble for him to get me my papers needed so as not to be an illegal immigrant.
Please i really need your assistance.Hope reading from you

Best Regards And God Bless
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by MrCrackles(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
Topic
They dont have to like each other. . .
It is not compulsory to like a your fellow Nigerian. . .

1 Like

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by passion77: 2:27pm On May 22, 2010
YEAH, THIS IS REALLY A BAD HABIT AMONG NIGERIANS IN CANADA, WHEN I FIRST CAME TO CANADA, I THOUGHT WE ARE ALL THE SAME, BUT AFTER A WHILE I CAME TO REALIZE THAT SOME NIGERIANS HERE WERE NOT PROPERLY BROUGHT-UP, JUST IMAGIN SOME PEOPLE DISCLOSING OTHERS STATUS TO STRANGERS, CALLING THEM REFUGEE, JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE THEIR STAY YET, A REFUGEE TODAY CAN BECOME CITIZEN TOMORROW AND A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN WHICH MOST PEOPLE HAVE CAN BE NOTHING TOMORROW, AND MOST PEOPLE THAT SAY ALL THIS THINGS ARE PEOPLE WHO THEIR PARENTS GOT THEIR RESIDENCE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS THROUGH REFUGEE STATUS, REFUGEE STATUS IS NOT A LIFE SENTENCE, THOSE THAT ARE INDULGE IN THIS ACT SHOULD DEVIATE FROM IT,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by sophy09: 6:21am On May 25, 2010
The thing i have learned here in canada is that everyone is here for a reason, it is not a must for me to be familiar with you because you are nigerian. The ones I have met are ok although there are some that are not. But all the same i have always learned to keep to myself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Versa(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2010
Hi I'm a nigerian male living in Montreal, married to an Egyptian and have 3 kids. I'm open minded and in my early 30's. if you saw and spoke to me, you wouldn't think I was Nigerian, I've lived and schooled abroad for a while. I run my own business. I'm looking for like minded, intelligent, educated open minded and well refined Nigerians who understand the value of family and friendship. I want to build a strong Nigerian community in Montreal based on these principles. Age, marital status or gender not an issue, just understand the meaning of social support. If you are an illigal alien or 419ner don't bother replying. All others pm or reply. Stay blessed brothers and sisters

A

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Kaestro(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hey Versa, je suis a Montreal aussi. Vous Comprenez? Peut tu me donner ton couriel.Ca seras jolie de rancontre un bonne ami ici.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by chi21: 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
to cut the story short dont be with the wrong  ppl or the wrong  crowd try to have as much as  less friends you could not only in canada is everywhere in the world were the have africans the dont like each other

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2010
Good information here. any good nigerians in canada? lets connect.
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Laajman(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
Abi o!
Any serious folks, make we connect?
Been here for like a year now, could use some good naija friends.
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by josef1010: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2011
I agree with you that Nigerians don't like each other in Canada and that is very downgrading to some Nigerian.We all know we came to this country to have a better future for ourself and for the children but the thing is that some bad Nigerians don't care about what they do to other Nigerians like reporting others to the immigration or threaten each other am even scared of making friends with Nigerians here because you don't know who is really a real friend to you. Am proud to be a Nigerian but am not proud to call some of them friends especially the women, all those confusions are all coming from the women the men are fine but the women they are so ridiculously evil all they do is party and messed up other people lives,if you are living in Canada please stay away from the women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by vadewoyin(f): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
Any good Nigerians out there let's connect with each others at http://www.naijan.com/community
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by couchsurf(f): 3:49am On Jun 18, 2011
I am an adopted Nigerian and proud to be called one:  I have close friends back in Naija and they struggle with this problem of distrust among our people.  For this I am sorry.  After reading the entire thread, I realize that Nigerians have become much like 'us' Black African Americans ,  who mostly fend for ourselves, however we do raise our children to become 'community and global activist' ,  at least I have.  Each of us can make a mark on this earth by leading by example ,  so just 'Do You' and be a good example to others without putting yourself in harms-way.  Be mindful and leave a Positive Legacy, regardless of anothers 'injustice'[color=#006600][/color]!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by kennybuda: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2011
bro live your life jealousy is runing in nigerian dna, even were we are the same shit happen some are even keen to report his or her fellow nigerian to oyibo for interogation cheers sad sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by stephen121(f): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2012
I saw a girl in a taxi one day she was talking on the phone with a nigerian accent when she finsihed talking on the phone i asked if she was nigerian because i m nigerian she said yes what's your surname i told her and the next thing she said sorry i am not nigerian i am liberian
Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by paris10: 1:26am On Jan 26, 2012
stephen121:

I saw a girl in a taxi one day she was talking on the phone with a nigerian accent when she finsihed talking on the phone i asked if she was nigerian because i m nigerian she said yes what's your surname i told her and the next thing she said sorry i am not nigerian i am liberian

grin

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerians In Canada Don't Like Each Other? by Enugu4u: 10:57am On Jan 26, 2012
Terrible if true about nigerians in canada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.