Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? (4999 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
Ignorance is the best biological weapon ever! where is the poster can you at least say what the circumstance was, me I'd rather not bring a child to this world at all rather than bring him to suffer its just plain ludacris.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
For once I actually agree with you okija

Good to see cigarette smoke hasnt clouded your brain ENTIRELY grin

but obviously d hormonal females on this forum cannot think outside their PMS induced emotions to see this. . .

Isnt this madam "I dont insult people who have different opinions"
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by tpia: 2:34am On Oct 09, 2008
a husband telling his wife to abort a pregnancy, is showing what he thinks of the marriage.

Am sure many of us here have heard of similar situations- I personally know of three, though one was the mother trying to abort her child because she was afraid she would be kicked out of school.

The three I know of, two did the abortion and one didnt. Of the three, two marriages survived while one didnt. don't need to expantiate on the characters of some of the men involved either. Womanizers to the core with out of wedlock kids too.

@ Okija: is abortion better than pregnancy prevention? Condoms and all that?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 2:35am On Oct 09, 2008
This is after the fact, tpia
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by davidylan4(m): 2:41am On Oct 09, 2008
rubi:

If the wife is having utopia pregrancy which means her life is at risk I think she can go ahead and abort it based on medical diagnosis

lol its ectopic pregnancy not utopia.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by tpia: 2:42am On Oct 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is after the fact, tpia

The woman still remains bitter at the man decades after the act, regardless if she does it or not, from what I've seen.

And such husbands don't abort all their out of wedlock kids however. Its more like an expression of how low they esteem the woman, imo.

A man can panic if there's no money and things are tight, but the wife has every right to keep the child if she wants to. Just inform his family members.

And having the abortion doesnt mean the couple wont still separate later. So better have the baby since there's no guarantee how long the guy will hang around after making his abortion request.

Most times its not even like the couple has hundreds of kids- probably less than five and some guys want to lose their head. undecided
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by plusQueen: 2:50am On Oct 09, 2008
this is what the poster said.

i have posted this on the family section. if your husband tells you to abort a pregnancy, even when you have few kids, like 2 or 3, what would you do? what does he feel 4 you? and will you later have a baby for him if "he says he is ready now for another?"  

people are coming up with scenarios out of "desperate housewives"
The husband is telling the wife to abort a baby because he's not ready to have a 4th child.
abortion as a contraceptive measure shocked shocked
I will choose my unborn child to the person,anyday
It's my choice not his.
@ the poster the man has no regard for you.
he only sees you as a sperm receptacle
this singular act should tell you how lowly he thinks of you.
a loving husband would never want to put his wife through this trauma of killing a baby in her womb
he would stand by her and support her believing that God will provide for them all
after all he had been stupid not to use contraceptive methods.
why should you bear the guilt and scar in your body?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Akinagirl(f): 2:59am On Oct 09, 2008
I agree with that. It just because he does not want another child, well ever heard of birth control or condoms or the morning after pill? Come on, the baby should not have to suffer. But as i said before, if the mothers life is in danger, then I would say go for it. But because you couldn't keep your pants zipped or find the condom on the nightstand in the heat of passion does not mean you have to kill your unborn. Abortion should never be another contraception choice. Its not. Prevention is always better than a cure.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by plusQueen: 3:03am On Oct 09, 2008
exactly!
and what happens if she gets pregnant 2 months after?
abort again?
when it's cheap to get a pack of condoms or insert an IUD
Our people can be very daft
How can people chop unprotected and "pray" not to be pregnant,worse still vacuum off the embryo
that's the definition of stupidity.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Joseph6(m): 3:06am On Oct 09, 2008
Note: men hardly have problem with roo many kids only if there's limited funds
women do not need 2 be told when 2 stop
'girl didnt ur momma teach u anitin' sound familiar?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by 25more(f): 6:08am On Oct 09, 2008
i would rather quit my marriage rather than abort. What nonsense, does the man even care about the emotional and psychological effects of going through such thing? Not even as a single person but as a person married w/children and my life is not even at risk? But out of his selfishness he doesn’t want another child? Give me a break, shouldn’t he have thought about the possibility of "having another child". Yeah, I bet he is one of those guys, who doesn’t believe in contraception, but believes in it doing raw.

What if, I die at the process? Even with the best doctors in the world, there is always that 99.999% that maybe something will happen/ especially when it is against your will?  Those people, blahing about aborting rather bring a child into the world to suffer, isn’t this the reason why there is family planning, and contraception? Abortion is murder, no two ways about it, except when the life of the mother is at danger, then it is morally acceptable to end the life of a child. other than that, i would rather quit my marriage, have my life and my child intact,  my Conscience back,   smiley than abort my child just to save my marriage, and please my husband who will not remember when telling me to spread my legs that a child may come after i close it.  angry sad
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Akinagirl(f): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2008
Thank you 25% more. Some people kill me, want to do the do, but cant handle the consequences.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2008
tpia:

@ Okija: is abortion better than pregnancy prevention? Condoms and all that?

I think you are misunderstanding my point.

Why abort when you could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place. BUT, like it has been established, pills, comdoms and some other temporary contracpetives are not 100% efficient. I am concerned with that percentage that failed. In that case, abortion is absolutely allowed if the child will be a burden of any sort.
Abortion is not a substitute for contraceptives.

25%more:

i would rather quit my marriage rather than abort. What nonsense, does the man even care about the emotional and psychological effects of going through such thing? Not even as a single person but as a person married w/children and my life is not even at risk? But out of his selfishness he doesn’t want another child? Give me a break, shouldn’t he have thought about the possibility of "having another child". Yeah, I bet he is one of those guys, who doesn’t believe in contraception, but believes in it doing raw.

Now I chose to address the highlighted portion of your post. You rather quit your marriage than abort, right?? Even when the abortion is for your own health?? What happens if he dies of heart attack from the added stress of the bills the child will incure for him?? Let me first of all remind you that life is much more than you are seeing o!! The pride of every man is to provide the best for his family. You already kids so its not like he hates kids, all he is saying is that this child is coming at a bad time.
Emotional and psychological trauma. Lets say it is detected that the child is brain damaged, malformed or even autistic?? Would you abort it then?? I know a lady who has an autistic child, and all she does is cry. She cant handle the stress and pains that comes with raising him. Some parents even send the kids away to special homes where many atimes the kids end up being abused than cared for.
Selfishness!!? Give me a break. You already have kids. What are you talking about selfishness. If we look at the picture from where I stand, you end up looking like the selfish one for not wanting to see past yourself and reason with him.

25%more:

What if, I die at the process? Even with the best doctors in the world, there is always that 99.999% that maybe something will happen/ especially when it is against your will?  Those people, blahing about aborting rather bring a child into the world to suffer, isn’t this the reason why there is family planning, and contraception? Abortion is murder, no two ways about it, except when the life of the mother is at danger, then it is morally acceptable to end the life of a child. other than that, i would rather quit my marriage, have my life and my child intact,  my Conscience back,   smiley than abort my child just to save my marriage, and please my husband who will not remember when telling me to spread my legs that a child may come after i close it.  angry sad

What if you die in the process of the abortion?? What if you die having the child?? What if your husband dies running around to get extra money to cater for you and the child?? What if you and the child die during child birth?? so many "what if's" so please dont even go there. Abortion is murder you said, I say abortion is simply getting rid of a child before it is born. They do not feel any pain.

The reasons for which an abortion may be required are just too numerous and in some cases justifiable. We as a people need to start thinking outside the box. I'd rather die than have my family beg for bread. (My opinion.)
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by rubi(f): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2008
davidylan*:

lol its ectopic pregnancy not utopia.

Thanks for the correction I was typing fast and mispelled
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by spikedcylinder: 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2008
KarmaMod:

Isnt this madam "I don't insult people who have different opinions"

Err. . .H.R Hotness?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by bece: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2008
People are not realistic at times.imagine this;u are nursing a three month old baby and mistakingly u got preg what will u do
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by 25more(f): 2:13am On Oct 20, 2008
bece:

People are not realistic at times.imagine this;u are nursing a three month old baby and mistakingly u got preg what will u do

there is nothing like being realistic or unrealistic about this issue, it is simply a matter of choice. by the way, there is nothing wrong with having a child within 3 months of giving birth, except that the other one has to be weaned early, or the mom can still breastfed if she wishes to, at least it better than having an abortion when you nursing angry. there is always protection you know undecided.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 2:22am On Oct 20, 2008
bece:

The person shouldnt let it get to the point where a fll blown abortion is needed

spike, yes HR. Is there a problem?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by HRhotness(f): 2:36am On Oct 20, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Err. . .H.R Hotness?

LOL. . .

its obvious some pple hav nuthin better to do other than chase me all over NL lookin for a fight. . . and i'm d one who takes things seriously?!! grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 2:59am On Oct 20, 2008
who works on Sunday?
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Angolobabe(f): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2008
why didnt u protect urself by taking birth control pill untill ur ready to have another baby,i do undertsand that ur husband doesnt want to go into another baby issue when ur still nursing a 3 months old baby.u need to discuss this issue with ur husband ,it was unplan but it has happen,keeping the baby would be a normal thing a married couples do unless for medical reason then abortion can be applied.

if u can ur husband cant afford it since u already have a 3 months baby,i do understand his fear for asking u to abort but if both of u can afford a second baby and he still insist on u aborting then his upto something which is a bad signal and could affect ur marriage.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by plappville(f): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2008
At first i will say it is the fault of u and ur hubby to have allowed another baby to form, why not prevent it if u knew u were not ready yet,

There is no room for ur a man telling his wife to commit an abortion, do they care about the risk it could course?? if ur husband was aborted he wont be alive today.

So what ever the present situation may be, a baby's life is astake, u both have to bear the pains to bring him up, as God will be pleased to watch him grow than for u to Kill him after inviting him. Use ur toungue to count ur teeth, I don't advice u to do an abortion cos its a sin.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by spikedcylinder: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

spike, yes HR. Is there a problem?

Does it look like there's a problem? Unless of course you want one. . . . . smiley
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2008
shey won run e si mi ni? 

I mentioned something yet for some reason you still questioned what I wrote despite the fact that it was right there in front of your eyes. How can I not think that there must be a problem?

anyway hope that's cleared up. Have a nice day.

If u can ur husband can't afford it since u already have a 3 months baby,i do understand his fear for asking u to abort but if both of u can afford a second baby and he still insist on u aborting  then his up to something which is a bad signal and could affect ur marriage.

Can there be any other reason for him to make such a request? I doubt it. undecided
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by spikedcylinder: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2008
When you said "madam I don't insult . . . etc", the smokers thread came to mind so I wanted to clarify if you meant me or H.r hotness. Then you mentioned something about trouble. . . .

Mi o raye ti e to yen. smiley
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by KarmaMod(f): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2008
Olorun a je ko raye

spikedcylinder:

When you said "madam I don't insult . . . etc", the smokers thread came to mind so I wanted to clarify if you meant me or H.r hotness.

Oh the comment wasnt just based on that thread, it's a usual hypocritical occurrence that I felt like commenting on. I find "I'm so innocent while everyone else is against me" acts nauseating.

Anyway. No not you.(notice I didnt quote you when i made that comment) Hope all is well now.  smiley
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by spikedcylinder: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

Hope all is well now.  smiley

Of course. smiley
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by abujabooks(f): 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
I will ask him to sit down so that, we can discuss.

I will tell him that, this baby is a gift from God. Even though, it might be a mistake. But, God never makes a mistake in giving us a child.

Tell him that, I will NEVER have an abortion. Even though, money may be tight right now, but God that gave us this baby will make a way.

Also, this may be a test from God.

A lot of my friends who had surprises from God in terms of babies said, they were blessed tremendously after the birth of that child.

@Poster,

Pls do not abort cuz ur hubby said so. Remember d Judgement Day, u will be asked why u did it? You & not your hubby. If you don't agree, it will not take place.

Peace!
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by bethsy: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
Depends on the circumstances surrounding the preggie
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by bigkul: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2008
well it depends on the circumstances.I once experienced a situation where a couple is looking for a male child and the wife got pregnant and the pregnancy was confirmed by there pastor to be  a girl.This made the husband to asked the wife to abort the pregnancy.This is all ignorance on there part,without knowing there are solutions to determine the sex of your children.visit this site for information http://www.multilinksdigest..com.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Akinagirl(f): 1:05am On Nov 12, 2008
That's sick. Then after these abortions, the woman wont be able to get pregnant again. WOW, just because they want a male child. SICK.
Re: How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? by Shaz(f): 1:09am On Nov 12, 2008
Is he mad? For wetin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands / How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.