Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results (10893 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2008
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by SMC(f): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
Usually, their decisions cannot be appealed. However, you can write a letter of complaint, stating your case, listing your evidence and telling them how the certificate is orignal and its authenticity can be verified from WAEC (that is if that was the sole basis of the decision taken). Sometimes they actually review decisions based on letters of complaints. An ex-school mate of mine and her hubby were unjustly refused visas (ordinary visas and not visa lottery o) and they had no right of appeal, but when she wrote to complain bitterly, they asked her to represent her documents and they gave both of them visas. I guess it is on a case by case basis. Goodluck
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2008
so does "arguing" with a consular officer justify permanent ban from the US?? Dont think so. There must be something else the poster is not telling us. Presenting a falsified document is grounds for ban from entering the US for life. I think it even says that in their embassy, clearly written when u get in there. Oh well, i feel sorry for the poster, but dont forget one thing, US is not the end of the world. Nigeria is just too F***'d up, that why people are just trying to escape. Our leaders have let us down for years and still counting. Take heart.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by RichyBlacK(m): 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
Just another sad ramification of bone-headed US foreign policy sad. Taking money from people from poor nations without giving them visas is the height of robbery. angry

I truly blame our USELESS government. If we had a strong government, no nation would treat our fellow country men the way the idiots at the US embassy treat many Nigerians.

If it was a change of name that triggered the suspicion, then get evidence (documents) to show that you actually (legally) changed your name. If you adjusted your age, then bring all necessary documents to prove that it was done legally. go through all your documents thoroughly and make sure there's NO magomago.

If this story is true, then it is indeed very sad. However, you have to act fast. Contact lawyers both in Nigeria and in the US for some advice. Also write a letter of complain to: the US Consul General in Lagos, Donna M. Blair and also the Deputy Chief of Mission, Ambassador Lisa Piascik.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by reindeer: 10:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
If this story is true
then the consular official should be sued for many reasons

questioning the poster's integrity

collecting money on false pretence

emotional trauma

etc etc.,its just unfortunate,
the steps i think you should take

1. write a strongly worded letter to the embassy requesting a re-look into your application.

2.make a full page open letter to the ambassador in a national daily.

3.Contact WAEC, then the press and give your story publicity!
i think they are fast becoming scammers at that embassy, maybe it comes with being in Nigeria for so long sha wink
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ezer(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
@poster
going to US embassy, u have to be prepared for disappointments, be it DV lottery visa or regular visa. What i dont like about ur case was the ban they placed on u for usinfg a false waec result

see, i support the house o, make a noise, call the press, involve waec, and write and appeal later.
but dont try to sue them, u go lose o

@gamine, why are u rude to her, u're suppose to console her.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Aug 16, 2008
@Poster, unless you are a big time criminal, you can not be banned for such a silly thing as mentioned. Next step is to Appeal, like many have already pointed out. You quickly learn that is the next step when you finally move to the USA. You can appeal everything and 80% of the time, you get approved.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 16, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Just another sad ramification of bone-headed US foreign policy sad. Taking money from people from poor nations without giving them visas is the height of robbery. angry

Otondo. Visa is a priviledge not a right, money or not.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by bigboyslim(m): 5:14am On Aug 16, 2008
If you are 100 percent sure that your certificate is authentic i.e no third party involved in sitting for the papers and receiving the actual certificates, then i would advise you to appeal their decision.
If you want to take it really far you can sue them, think about it, whats the worst that could happen, you have already been banned from the US. Suing them will not gurantee you entry to the US because they can still disqualify you on some other trivial grounds but then you stand the chance of making some major though if you do.

The ball is in your court, if you feel that the US is a place worth dying for, then appeal and hope they grant you the visa. However, if you feel that in life, not going to the US does not mean that you will be broke and miserable forever, then sue them and get paid.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by RichyBlacK(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2008
davidylan:

Otondo. Visa is a priviledge not a right, money or not.

Anu mpam, ever ready to defend your American masters even when they're robbing your brothers and sisters. Yours is a truly pathetic case of colomentality!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Kobojunkie: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2008
roflmao!!!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by philips975(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2008
You said that they said you are banned from going into the UNITED STATES but you did not elaborate on that statement. They must have given you a reason. They can't just say that because they detected a fault n your WAEC reasult, Especially when you have not appealed.
So what i will advice you to do is this :
Sit back and search yourself.

You said it all. Banned for life does not arise if there's nothing more to the certificate saga.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by CHARLZH(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2008
Please confirm that the DOB on your WEAC slip is the same as in your form.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by lobinoxebe(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2008
i dont think the Us embassy wil make a desicion that they cannot back, I think they see what you dont see (poster) and they dont want to waste their time explaining to you,

File a complain letter and apologies asking them to make things clear to you,

Thantz all man,
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by esilove(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2008
Why don't you WAEC for issuing u a fake result
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ty4real(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2008
@Poster!

There is more to the story than what you are teelling us! wink wink
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2008
yes, the USA immigration make alot of mistake,  plenty ask nigerian who live in the US,  plenty plenty. more than half of the decision at the USA embassy are not correct,   everybody knows thats,  the error level is too high.  even the nigeria community in the USA is sick of USA embassy.

This  is not a case of WASC making a mistake but that of the USA embassy.  just move on, there is nothing you can do about. There are many nigerian families out here that the  USA embassy have destroy their home. We do not want to talk. if other people tell you their story, we would finish. the USA embassy issue get, it is not worth the headache. I dont know why you people keep on applying to go there.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by keba(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2008
mogbe oohhh but if what you told us is true, then i would
suggest that you seek the advise of a civil rights lawyer.
good luck
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2008
do not seek a lawyer, they would take your money and you would not get anything out of it. When immigration makes mistake the probability of them changing the decision is 3%.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by loner: 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2008
THE U.S EMBASSY HAS DEVICE FOR DETECTING FALSIFIED WAEC RESULT AND IT IS ALMOST 100% ACCURATE. TRUE BREIN MY BE THE ACTUAL OWNER OF THE CERTIFICATE BUT I AM SEEING THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE/SHE MISPLACE THE ORIGINAL OF THE CERTIFICATE AND LIKELY CREATED ANOTHER ONE WITH THE SAME REGISTRATION NUMBER/EXAMINATION NUMBER, THE SAME SUBJECT AND GRADE, BUT THE INTERNAL SECURITY DEVICE IN THE CERTIFICATE CAN NOT BE FAKE.
SO MY POINT IS THAT, BREIN MAY BE THE OWNER OF THE RESULT BUT DID NOT TENDER THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY WAEC.
BREIN DOES NOT HAVE A CASE, HE/SHE SHOULD TELL US THE TRUTH
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2008
That can not be true. Nigerian can get new result from the exam body and some of this result can be printed online,  So that does not hold waters.

Most nigeria businessmen. have found other countries to do business with, they would rather go to china or india to buy goods than come to the USA, canada  or UK because of the embassy. I know someone who had 40 million naira to buy a material. after several days at the USA embassy. he now buys from China.

In the 70' s  to 90 's the UK and the USA use to be the major partner of nigeria. billions of dollar in trade. but china and india are now the major importer of goods and services into nigeria.  About $70 billion or more in flow of business from the 2 countries alone a year. This is what the UK, canada and USA is lossing for what their embassy do to nigerian. every thing in nigeria smell chinese or india now.

When I was young it was USA  or Uk product. My father use to ship UK and USA product to nigeria. they sell fast. but nowadays the embassy. forget it.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by loner: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2008
THE U.S EMBASSY DEAL WITH THE NATURE OF THE CERTIFICATE.WAEC ISSUES JUST ONE CERTIFICATE .YOU CAN NOT PRINT THE CERTIFICATE ONLINE.WHAT YOU PRINT ONLINE IS JUST THE STATEMENT OF RESULT NOT CERTIFICATE.THE POINT IS SAMPLE ENNYsmart IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.LETS ASK HIM IF HE HAS MISPLACE THE ORIGINAL OF HER CERTIFICATE.THE RESULT COULD BE FOR HIM BUT THE CERTIFICATE HE USE AT THE EMBASSY IS NOT THE ORIGINAL ONE ISSUED BY WAEC.IF HE PUSH THE CASE FUTHER,THAT COULD MEAN MORE PROBLEM FOR HIM.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2008
where you at the embassy when he was there.  No. I believe him, he would not go public, if his result was falsified. that one thing i know about nigerian.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by skfa1: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2008
Siena:

Loner, why are you shouting?

We're not deaf!

Abi o.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ty4real(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2008
Siena:

Loner, why are you shouting?

We're not deaf!

Infact we no get eye problem!
[s]
Some people dont know that when you type all your sentences in capital you are shouting and calling for attention.[/s] grin grin grin
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2008
Sorry for over blowing the topic, but the truth is we nigerian in North america should be the one in control of the $70 billion the embassy's are handing over to china and india.  we should be running that market. not them.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Axis: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2008
What they did to you simply means you guys who are desperate to go out there in search of greener pastures by destroying our names when you get there should learn to remain in your country. Are we not humans surviving in Nigeria. Take heart and play a positive role in your society rather than making desperate attempts to run away to become second class citizen in another mans land and earning peanuts.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ daviddylan : Otondo. Visa is a priviledge not a right, money or not.
Ok agreed, visa is a priviledge and not a right, so me paying money for a service thats a priviledge and not a right, Don't u think worst case scenario, if i don't get the visa at least return my freakin money back to me! My fuckin money should then become a priviledge and not a right! Unfortunately, Nigerians will always pay anything just to escape Nigeria. these countries are making billions of dollars from this visa crap. Take for instance, transit visa. Why the Bleep do i have to pay to transit through your airport, when i already paid for my air ticket. Even if u will be making a connection in 30 mins u stll have to pay for transit visa. this is just the way the west will keep screwing us over, its just so sad! I am just praying for things to get better in Nigeria,
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by mide312(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2008
I read about this first in the Punch
With continuous media campaingns like that I believe the would call you to clear up issues

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRY
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by na2day2(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2008
appeal wont cut it. if i were u, i will get one of those rubber cameras u can place on ur buttons and some recording device and go make a ur case with them and what ever is said, document and send it to news organizations and load it up on youtube, u did be surprised the magic of youtube, it will make them call u sharply and hand u ur visa. alternative, sue them for false accusation, saying they have damaged ur reputation, that also works like magic. just get all the necessary facts. there are folks here in the usa that can help promote ur story.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by RichyBlacK(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2008
engineerd:

@ daviddylan : Otondo. Visa is a priviledge not a right, money or not.
Ok agreed, visa is a priviledge and not a right, so me paying money for a service thats a priviledge and not a right, Don't u think worst case scenario, if i don't get the visa at least return my freakin money back to me! My fuckin money should then become a priviledge and not a right! Unfortunately, Nigerians will always pay anything just to escape Nigeria. these countries are making billions of dollars from this visa crap. Take for instance, transit visa. Why the Bleep do i have to pay to transit through your airport, when i already paid for my air ticket. Even if u will be making a connection in 30 mins u stll have to pay for transit visa. this is just the way the west will keep screwing us over, its just so sad! I am just praying for things to get better in Nigeria,

Another scam by the West!

They pretend that they care about the poor in developing countries but target only travelers from these developing countries to pay transit visas. And some mumuric Nigerians will continue to support the West, no matter what they do to Nigerians!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Cosjo(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2008
Appeal my dear, something good may come out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Payment To International Schools - Help Needed Urgently!!! / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To? / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.