Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results (10892 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2008
do not waste your money,  there is no gold in the USA for you to make. It is not the land that you think it is. Just go and walk through 7 miles or 8 miles in detriot . Ajegunle is better than this places. trrust me my brother.  Look half of the population of the USA do not own their houses. They may never own it in their life times. . So my brother do not see it as a bad thing. See it as God telling you not to destroy your life.

And ask yourself this question, if they treat you this way in nigeria. how would they treat you in their own country,, badly??

Your life is better in Nigeria than the USA. nothing there USA , my brother nothing worth the crying about. you are just going from fire pan to fire. if this place sweet why do nigerian return home??// why? Go and ask adenuga why he return, ask Jimoh Ibrahim , why did he return? Why do nigerian return back home/
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by emmydee(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2008
Make it faster. Appeal right away. Dont waste time. You need to right the wrong immediately otherwise, like they said, you are banned from entering the states. Thats not fair.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2008
he is not banned from entering. if he was they would tell him.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by emmydee(m): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2008
@Nigeria1.

I dont like the way you presented your contribution on this issue. How on earth do you think you are giving the poster a good advise? She's got a problem and you are giving sentiments as a solution. Who told you she wont make it in the USA? How can u talk like that.

Poster, carry on.appeal the case immediately. Even if you do not get the visa this time, but for future, you might just need it,so that this ban will not be a problem, ok.
good luck.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nigeria16: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2008
need it to do what, you never travel before. i live abroad, so i know the truth. immigration , we call them over, as the twin among nigerian, why because they never change thier mind. if he was to waste omey and time. good. but look at nigeria and find something doing. nigeria is a great country. i tell you. the USA IS NOT WORTH THE WAHALA,
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by slyk2(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2008
Your case is quite different.
You can iron it out with them.
Get a good lawyer and look at the action deeply.

Or are you telling us that your certificate aint real?
Let them prove how they arrived at that conclusion.
We must learn to fight for our right. Such thing happened to JOHN MIKEL OBI but his manager said no and proved a point.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by seyibrown(f): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
Immigration rules are being tightened all the time but are we being told the whole story here?
Was is just your WAEC Cert or plus other documents you submitted? Have you tried getting into the US using forged or documents that are not yours before?

If you think there has been no fault/ misrepresentation of information on your part, please appeal.

@CHARLZH
My WAEC cert states a DOB 2 years higher than my DOB but it didn't stop me from getting a visa. Typos happen all the time. Cert Holders do not type or print them themselves, WAEC does.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
Nigeria1@:

need it to do what, you never travel before. i live abroad, so i know the truth. immigration , we call them over, as the twin among nigerian, why because they never change their mind. if he was to waste omey and time. good. but look at nigeria and find something doing. nigeria is a great country. i tell you. the USA IS NOT WORTH THE WAHALA,

Come back nao!!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by benlay(m): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
U know what,when the DV for the year is rounding up they just find different excuse to deny winners,i have the experience on DV . I don't know how u can pursue ur case now,it's serious!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by beewhyfocs(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
Eh, its really a sympathetic situation. Nevertheless believe that better doors stiil awaits you.

As a check, before you take any legal action, be sure that your date of birth and other identity on your WAEC result tallies with other information you supplied. Many Nigerians usually falsify thier date of birth and forget they have done so. This may be a case for which you are denied.

I pray God will settle you ooo!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by beewhyfocs(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2008
eh sorry for the denial. Remember that America denial is not God's denial!

Before legal action, be sure the date of birth on your WAEC result is the same with other information you supplied because many Nigerians falsify their age.

God will help you dear!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by MrCrackles(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Poster

Have u ever visited Oluwole?! grin
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Efuaye(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2008
It could just be that your name being a Muslim name is associated with any terrorist name anywhere in the world. The issue of WAEC certificate is irrelevant. Honestly, Americans are scared since September 11!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by MrCrackles(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2008
Efuaye:

It could just be that your name being a Muslim name is associated with any terrorist name anywhere in the world. The issue of WAEC certificate is irrelevant. Honestly, Americans are scared since September 11!

your first post on nairaland and how dumb could it be!

what has muslim name got to do wit it? and which nation is not scared since sept 11?

some people's dissapointing level of reasoning never fails to amuse me!

next time, think with ur thick skull before u post!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by tjadeba(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2008
my advice is that the poster checks very well all the documents he tendered at the embassy especially the document in question.have you at anytime had to alter anything in the said document?, date of birth or any information?please forget about the fact that the grades are correct! any alteration whatsoever makes the integrity of the document "doubtable" and it also applies to any official documents you might have taken to the embassy,so please do some checks before you do anything.you have a very good case!
please forget about those telling you about making it or not in America, i beleive if those contributors read your post very well they will know that you arent really particular about going to America but you just want to clear your name from the mess and let me tell you,its better to do it now that listen to any sentiment from those quarters.Even if you are not going to America now,You can never say what will happen in future(this they say you shouldnt step on their soil in your lifetime),you may have some other very important thing to do over there other than the purpose of settling there and if you wish to know,this can affect your  chances of travelling to other countries(West especially), you dont have to look at travelling to these countries only for the purpose of permanent immigration alone, what if you have an important seminar/capacity building workshop/important family engagement/business meetings/short courses/urgent medical attention(God forbid!) to attend,would these anomaly hinder these good things?
My sister clear your name once and for all and i think you need to involve the Press and and a lawyer
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by yommys01(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2008
Another reason why I hate this Americans and British with passion. They are full of shits and they even thought us the scams. it hurts when things like this happen. If I were to be you I would not appeal the decision instead go to work here in our country ( full of honey and Milk which those fools need) and make a life and a name for yourself and those idiots will come begging you.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by amaky(f): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2008
ENNYsmart so sad to hear.I think you need to confirm from WAEC.PLS HOW DID YOU APPLY.THANKS
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ausbones(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2008
so sorry to read your case. i agree to the suggestion that you should appeal the issue. Write to the consular at least to clear your Name of bad records and to get n appolgy from them. I think you can even sue them see your lawyer for advice. Dem one spoil yor ur name believe your name done dey their blacklist for their database. for the sake of good image write to them appeal it and if nothing is done sue them. you will triuph
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by maree7(f): 6:25am On Aug 21, 2008
Nigeria1@:

need it to do what, you never travel before. i live abroad, so i know the truth. immigration , we call them over, as the twin among nigerian, why because they never change their mind. if he was to waste omey and time. good. but look at nigeria and find something doing. nigeria is a great country. i tell you. the USA IS NOT WORTH THE WAHALA,
I feel u men

ferdiii:

Come back nao!!
Do u think it is that easy to come back to nigeria once u get to the US. It takes the miracle of God,  the only thing u can really do is come and visit in nigeria and half the time it is on credit that people buy their ticket,  And when they come back from their one week vacation, they have to work their butts off, taking shit from their bosses to pay their credit card debt. Some people are craving to come back to Nigeria but no money saved up because they are paying bills and taxes most of the time.

Well i am coming back to my homeland Nigeria after 10 long years,  Thank u Jesus for saving me from disguised slavery.  grin

@ poster
take it as a blessing God might be trying to tell u something  cool
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ayobase(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
yes Nigeria is great,
but there is nothing bad
exploring the world
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2008
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by websmillio(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
To all those people who try their luck to have a better life in USA through the DV Lottery read the following sentance well. The Lottery is simple but covered by strict rules.
Most of the people who try this lottery as a fun. But the US Goverment is taking it serious from the first stage. There are many things you must take care. Because you pay a non-refundable visa fee of US$755. If the visa is rejected for any reason your money is lost.
If you submit fake documents to get a USA visa you will be banned from applying for visa for 99 years.
Your medical test certificate.
Your police clearence.
And many more rules like these to cover this lottery.
You as an applicant must get a new educational certificate copy endorsed by the Education Department or Examination Department.
Those consular serve for their country's intrest.
They may have the list of all the educational certificates numbers and the names from the authority.
So it is your duty to double check it.
Source www.bbsnetting.com

My opinion: Go to the relevant office and get a new certificate with their seals and contact the Embassy before 30th September. If they have visas and if you are correct you may get the visa. No visas at least you may be cleared of the ban.
So give us here later, what you action did you took to proof that you are innocent.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by souleymon(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
If you are really sure about your result,u can appeal the decision and can as well write them on behalf of a High Profile Lawyer against the decision.
Dont Complicate the issue if you aint sure.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by KarmaMod(f): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2008
Na by fox, to go US!

they are only trying to help you my dear poster o!

Arent you aboard yourself?
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by kenflipper(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
BRASH this goes to show how backwards you are with terror watchlist issue. What EFUAYE said was factual the american terror watch list is building momentum and there are more than a million names on it. Innocent Nigerians who dont even have a passport already have their names on the terror watchlist how the Security agents in the USA came about it is mind racking!!! Did you know that Nelson Mandela's name was equally on it! but recently cleared! before then he was equally band from entering the USA. If your name happens to be on the list ur automatically band from entering the USA, "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" tho!, your names can be cleared but its a lengthy process. Which has to be done through the US govt website by filling up the questionaire! Recently a 4yr old kid in the US who wasnt old enough to have a social security was discovered to be on terror watch list.

The Poster needs to Rewind to yesteryears,

Poster @ have u ever travelled to the USA?
Have u ever applied for american visa? where you finger printed? or denied? if so what was the denial reasons and what documents did you use in applying?
Have u ever used a different passport?
Has ur identity ever been stolen?
have anyone ever used 'ur certificate with out 'ur knowledge? as in did you store it carelessly that would make it prone to cloning?
Sometimes discrepancies could be discovered on your application form and could write you off!
Where we see mistakes as prone to humanity, Americans think mistakes are evidence of fraud especially in dealing with Nigerians.
I believe if they were certain ur certificate was a fraud they would have called the cops on you, so its in-between your application form and ur Cert!!! there was a red flag poping up that ur eyes couldnt see but they could see it with their eagle eyes.
If you made copies of ur application form go thro every bit of it, i bet you would see the red flag poping out and swinging. Also confirm the alphabetical spellings of ur names with that on ur Cert. In applying for DV you need be perfect!, cos there are candidates on standby waiting to take ur place, america wants only the best organised and best of minds. Any slight error could cost you gavely.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Wallie(m): 1:53am On Aug 25, 2008
The names on the terror list has nothing to do with your name being a Muslim name or not. Names are not just added arbitrarily but are added when your name triggers one or more “filters”. What triggers the filters are kept secret but I can assure you that telecommunications serves as one of the inputs.

Someone mentioned the American embassy being responsible for lost business in America to China. People buy “stuff” from China not because of their “lax immigration” policy but due to their lower cost. An even American company buys most of their product from China. Have you seen the latest trade deficit figure America has with China?

I also find it funny that people are asking for a refund after their “application” has been processed. Weren’t you aware of the non-refund policy before you applied? Also, who is supposed to pay for the processing of your documents; the American taxpayers?

I would wager a bet that there’s more to the story of the OP.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by naomibaby(f): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2008
[/color]Am so sorry about what has happened to you enny,and like previous contributors have said, publicizes it in the dalies. so that pple will come to this awareness and maybe their publicity personnel too will see it and hopefully something will be done about it.
secondly i expect our government or human right activitst lawyers to step in, not to help fight for your visa! but at leat to help clear your name and that of nigeria.
its a bad situation that when nigerian travel abroad and commit all this horrible crime they are not conscious of the lenght the repercusion can go! and you see now; you know nothing about the sins of some bad egg amoung us, but you are tasting the reward of their seed.
Take heart!God will fight with you!!!!!!!!!!!! [color=Black]
NOTE With you![color=#006600][/color] which means you have to go out there and fight for your name and country nigeria! And let me tell you this: Hence forth! Honour Nigeria has a nation. if you have not been doing that, start now! be conscious of nigeria as a human being that has ears, nose, and its living! donot disgrace it or do anything to tarnish it image. And i assure you;Nigeria will be a fruitful land for you!!!!!!!! and you will eat the good of the land of Nigeria. Support a positive Nigeria initiative.
A New Nigeria is arising!!!!!!!!!!!!!! americans will be begging to come here, you dont belief it? come on, speak to Nigeria!!!!!!!!! she has ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGERIA!!!!!!!! arise! take back your glory.
Get in touch thru: Havilahroses@yahoo.com Lets fight this debasing attitute from Them ( the foreigners)
Take care wink
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by owo2000: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2008
I say APPEAL in the most civil way you can. Begin to write letters to the Ambassador, the Department of Justice. Make some noise. The bedrock of discrimination and injustice must be uprooted.

Send this to CNN A Africa, title it discrimination and injustice by the U.S Consulate to Nigerians. Make sure all packages are registered. Send to BBC Africa, fox news U.S.A, Democracy today
http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.CNN.com/WORLD/

We can not stand quiet and allow this to go on. Nigerans have contributed immensely to the growth of the U.S from areas of technology to education and medicine.

Another weapon is the (race card), as long as you are telling the truth i think victory is certain.

Don't give up.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by freesmile(f): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ poster

If what you posted states everything truly and you have left no part out then I feel for you because for some reason the US is looked on as supreme (which I think is riduculous) and it might diminish your chances of being able to gain entry into other countries if you have been banned from the US.

Try to take a little of everybody's advice on how to proceed from here but don't go about it the brash way but the sensible way. It is either all this is just some misunderstanding by their hi-tech anti forgery gadgets or the US embasy has developed a full proof 419 operation (declaring lottery winners, taking their money, and then denying them access for some cooked up reason or another) in a country popularly know for its 419. When you think about it, it is somewhat genius, I hope this is not the case if not we don suffer
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by websmillio(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2008
hi,
Can any one say, When some one sit for WAEC what is the minimum result he must have to pass the WAEC examination? What are the compulsary subjects? Thanks in Advance.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Pittbaby(f): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2010
Na by fox, to go US!

they are only trying to help you my dear poster o!

No i do not agree with this statement , this is quite insensitive, it is not your say what path one chooses . she won a lottery she did not try and walk over the mexican border or swim from cuba.

@ Poster get an immigration lawyer. If you have any family members in the states a US based one will be better. they can actually be contacted online a good example is www.lawbench.com or www.murthy.com

good luck , and please be very upfront about what happened with your chosen advocate. My limited knowledge of immigration law is that the consular officer will usually give you the oppurtunity to clarify the authenticity of a document before a decision like a ban is handed out . But even my immi lawyer says that the lagos consulate is like the wild wild west.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Payment To International Schools - Help Needed Urgently!!! / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To? / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.