Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan (1209 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2008
Most times when I hear many folk who claim Christianity speak, I get so dissapointed as I deduce that they are unilaterally closing the door to salvation on anyone that does not subscribe to their respective doctrines. I have always believed that not all that say "Lord, Lord" would enter into the kingdom of God. We cannot know the mind of all, but only One knows the minds of all and that is the Almighty God, creator of the Heavens and the Earth. Thankfully, my Muslim brethren acknowledge the God of Moses and seeing that He is the same God that Christians claim to serve and that He is the same God whom we know to be the Chief Designer, Architect and Keeper of all of existence, I want to believe that this God also has a plan for the salvation of all mankind.

As we are made to understand by the bible, in these days of the end, a great multitude which no one can number is being saved and believe me when I say that not all of them are Christians. I've been trying to justify this belief of mine when a Bible verse was brought to my knowledge, this I believe applies to all those non-Christians i.e. those who are not under the "Israel/Jacobian" covenant. It was very enlightening and fulfilling when I learnt that amongst the many peoples of the Earth, as long as one recognized the sovereignty of the One, True, Creator God, he shall be saved. It is the fallacy of contemporary religious history to believe that religiosity can save anyone, rather, it is only via the grace and mercy of the Almighty that one can be saved. No works can earn salvation, neither can faith alone.

I urge you all to take time to peruse the bible passage of Isaiah 60:4-7 You can read the entire chapter, or even still the entire book. It is so nice to know that our maker sees us and knows us as we really are, irrespective of our earthly religious affiliations and he calls each and everyone of us into being a part of his ultimate purpose for the Earth and mankind. . .

Just lemme know if y'all would need further clarifications ok. . . smiley
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2008
ajadrage:

as long as one recognized the sovereignty of the One, True, Creator God, he shall be saved.

Which bible did you read the above?
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by olabowale(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Davidylan: Which Bible truly cut across in representing the whole of Christianity? Show me that Bible. You will find it in it! I already know that you will never find a Bible like that.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2008
Davidylan, I do not know if you're looking for an argument cos I do not intend to give one, however let me clarify. It is a well known belief that the contention is between the sovereignty of the Almighty God and that ancient slanderer, Satan. Yes, every other event in human existence had been defined by that fall of man due to sin. In the infinite mercy of the Father, he proposed a salvation plan and prior to the fulfillment of that plan provided temporary ceremonies to symbolise the insignificance of sinful man except for divine mercies. Upon the fulfillment of that purpose of salvation, he yet calls as many as He wills and it is that same will of his that is being done, even up to this present day. Abraham and Jacob knew Him personally, thus they are saved. The prophets, Moses, Elijah et al knew Him.

Even Jesus as man knew Him to be his father and God, he wasn't disappointed. Mohamed, as long as he recognized Him as the God whom was Abraham's friend, knew Him too. So he calls us to know Him. Jehovah is the one that will show mercy on that last day, He will be the one to save, he is the one that will be vindicated when His day shall fall upon us Zechariah 9:16. Even He speaks to us personally and individually when He said in Revelations 21:7 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be my son".

Salvation is not based on Christianity or Islam, neither is it based on Hinduism or others, it is based on a personal knowledge of the father. Contemporary religions are tools to help us locate truisms of existence, our ability to achieve rapproachment with the Almighty and with our communal humanity defines our standing more significantly than our affiliations to religious institutions. It fills me with a sense of relief when I realize that salvation is not restricted by the boundaries of religion and it only goes to show the wonderful nature of this God who is everyday unfolding His grand design for a new system, what a wonderful show of love. When the choice is being made, I most definitely believe that one would stand on the side of this loving God. . .
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ayinba1(f): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2008
Pastor/bible scholar David,

"Hear, Oh Israel, the Lord, your God is ONE", (Daya, otu, OKANSOSO).

Is this really in the bible? Oh well, I guess it's directed at Israel and you could argue from that point.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by DeepZone: 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2008

@Davidylan: Which Bible truly cut across in representing the whole of Christianity? Show me that Bible. You will find it in it! I already know that you will never find a Bible like that.

Why not ask the thread poster the version of the bible he got that line from?
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by babs787(m): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Ajadrage

Salvation is not based on Christianity or Islam, neither is it based on Hinduism or others, it is based on a personal knowledge of the father. Contemporary religions are tools to help us locate truisms of existence, our ability to achieve rapproachment with the Almighty and with our communal humanity defines our standing more significantly than our affiliations to religious institutions. It fills me with a sense of relief when I realize that salvation is not restricted by the boundaries of religion and it only goes to show the wonderful nature of this God who is everyday unfolding His grand design for a new system, what a wonderful show of love. When the choice is being made, I most definitely believe that one would stand on the side of this loving God. . .

Islam is the religion taught in its fundamentals by all the prophets. It is the religion which the first human being was instructed to follow. It is the religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad and all other prophets (peace be upon them all) throughout the existence of human beings.

From the world view of Islam, most of the world's major religions originated in the pure religion of Islam itself and only through the teachings being lost, forgotten or wilfully corrupted have these religions changed. Judaism claims special status for the Jews as the chosen people - a status which cannot be acquired except through birth and which makes a Jew superior to any non-Jew (goyim) whatever their beliefs. Christianity insists that you must believe in various doctrines which form the foundations of what is distinctively 'Christian' belief in order to be 'saved' (i.e. that Jesus died to atone for the sins of Mankind, that Allah is a trinity etc.). This doctrine, the (Catholic) church itself admits, didn't develop until several hundred years after Christ and so cannot possibly have applied to those before Jesus nor to his early followers. In contrast to this, Islam has at its core, a simple message which applies to all human beings before Muhammad (pbuh) and all after his time:

Quran 2 v 111-112: ", And they say: "None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if you are truthful." Nay whoever submits his whole self to Allah and is a doer of good, he will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear nor shall they grieve."

Islam is known not only as a rational and moral way of life prescribed for all of mankind, it is known by the term 'Din ul-Fitra' or 'the natural religion'. Islam is the religion designed by the Creator of mankind for the benefit of mankind and therefore fits human nature perfectly. Being Muslim is living in harmony with your human nature.

Quran 5 v 3: "This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion[/b]".

Quran 3 v 85: [b]"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him and he would be among the loser on that day"

Thus, the final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise".(Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

The Prophet (PBUH) reported that Allah said, "I created my servants in the right religion but devils made them go astray". The Prophet (PBUH) also said, "Each child is born in a state of "Fitrah", then his parents make him a Jew, Christian or a Zoroastrian, the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any that were born mutilated?" (Collected by Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2008
ayinba1:

Pastor/bible scholar David,

"Hear, Oh Israel, the Lord, your God is ONE", (Daya, otu, OKANSOSO).

Is this really in the bible? Oh well, I guess it's directed at Israel and you could argue from that point.

i read that in sunday school as a kid. We know that the Lord our God is ONE God so who are you falsely preaching to? Why are you desperate to prove that my God is one? How does that affect your own God?

Even if my God were half He is NOT and NEVER WILL BE the false God islam claims . . . keep your God and let me keep mine. Its not by force . . . the way you people go about it one would be tempted to think you cant survive without quoting the bible.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by littleb(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2008
@ajadrage;

We cannot know the mind of all, but only One knows the minds of all and that is the Almighty God, creator of the Heavens and the Earth. Thankfully, my Muslim brethren acknowledge the God of Moses and seeing that He is the same God that Christians claim to serve and that He is the same God whom we know to be the Chief Designer, Architect and Keeper of all of existence, I want to believe that this God also has a plan for the salvation of all mankind.

I think you are right in this paragraph.

Knowing the personal knowledge of the father is questionable. Even calling God a father is also questionable. If we are to expatiate on what religion is according to Islam, we think of the root word in Arabic and it is call DEEN(i.e a way of life). It encompasses everything not only recognise the personality of God but also how to organise and co-ordinate a working community in order for every living bieng to live peacefully. In order to recognise the personal knowledge of God, there are three components to consider, we can now dim fit which way of life or religion meet the trio which I believe our salvation lies.

1. The DOUBTLESS CERTAINTY that God is the Rab(master), the Lord of the entire universe and everything in it, that He is its creator and sustainer and that no-one else possesses these qualities.

2. To have CERTAIN CONVICTION that God is the True Lord and that there is no other lord, and to worship Him alone, EXCLUSIVELY, no others should be worshipped.
For example, you may accept God is perfect, but you might not accept that He has the right to be worshipped or you do not demonstrate your belief in God perfection through worship. Moreover, believing in intermidiary between human and God as being seen in idolators. e,g Ogun, sango e.t.c

3. Unity of God Names and His Attributes. Under this, God must be recognised by the names as He has referred to Himself without giving Him any new names or attributes. For example, in yoruba, some people refer God as Alagbada Ina. Also, the same thing applies to calling God as a father. If father should be used, I always think it should be in the context of Rab(master) who provide and cater for everybody. But, under critical examination, father is being used differently as beig seen in some faiths. However, Islam generally disaprove in totality the usage of such word to describe God. Moreover, some belief that God also rest out of being exhausted, ie. does a great work. All these attributes and names are considerred wrong.

Therefore considering your inscription above, salvation lies only in perfect recognition of God and not father. This recognition could be easily get through a perfect way of life(i.e religion), and that is the call of creator . In isalm, there is recognition for other religion, and for all of us (chrisitian, Jews and Muslims) to recognise the onenness and personilty of God He says: O People of the Scripture!(Jews and Christian) Come to a common word between us and you: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside God. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him). (Aal ‘Imran 3:64). The common word is to recognise Him. It is also said in the Hadith of prophet Muhammad:
"Whoever testifies that there is nothing worthy of worship in truth (no God) except Allah
Alone, Who is without (peer or) partner, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and
that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the slave of Allah, His Messenger, and His Word which He bestowed in
Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (created) from Him, and that Paradise & Hell-fire are realities, Allah
will admit him into Paradise, whatever his deeds might be.
(Sahih Al-Bukhari). Is this not the salvation everybody is dying for? For it is a grieviuos sin to associate partners with GOD.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
Littleb, I cannot agree with you more. The relationship which we share with Him in this existence is akin to a master-servant arrangement. In various parables, this role depicting man and God as a servant/master relationship is witnessed. I know in the Bible that parable of the prodigal son and the that of an Owner of a vineyard whose workers killed the masters son. The type of 'fatherhood' that is being shown here is not that between a biological son and his father, neither is it the appellations that some segments of contemporary Christianity have ascribed to their clergy. Rather, He is only giving us a fore gleam of the kind of relationship that would exist in the new system "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God" Matthew 5:9, infact that entire chapter of Matthew shows that it is not all that there is more to salvation than mere religious rhetoric.

An issue that most naturally comes to mind is the name of this God. He really wouldn't want to be called a name other than He's now would He? All those worldly names are just appellations for some deity, we used to have Baal, Ashtoreth, Zeus etc in ancient times, now it's some of these appellations. If we knew His name now, then naturally we should call Him that. Where is the earliest mention of His name located? We can find that in the Hebrew Scriptures, and I believe that Muslims as well as Christians too subscribe to that book. If He is the one we are serving, only Him would know as He sees the heart of man, even better than the individual himself. So all those in the churches who claim righteousness might as well be deviating from the principles of the One True and Living God. So also many who claim Islam and does things contrary to the peace which the ideals aims to inspire.

One thing that most have failed to note is that, as of the time of the apostasy in Christianity, when the remnants of the original ideals have been subsumed under the yoke of the ascendant Roman Empire, there appeared to be a deserting of the church of the Holy Spirit. Where did it go? If we remember, this God had in times past spoken to different world leaders. We knew He spoke to Cyrus the Mede, and He was the means by which the Israelites were returned to their homes after the captivity in Babylon. We knew He spoke to Nebuchadnezzar earlier and we knew that Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged His supremacy after Belteshazzar (Daniel) after he gave words to the kings vision inspired by this God. Is it far to rationalize that after the apostasy of Christianity, this same God spoke with Mohamed, at least Mohamed thinks so and who are we to dispute this. The revelation of Mohamed, if anything is more real than these modern day revelations that we hear being spewed from our Christian pulpit.

Not to think that I am against Christianity, I am not, but I believe that religion has outlived it's usefulness, irrespective of faith in religious denominations as there are to be found a number of hypocrites who claim all the holiness and within their hearts are stained with the workings of iniquity. Not all Christians will benefit from the salvation of Jehovah, not all Muslims either, and neither would any man have benefited from this wonderful experience except it is found in the Lord our God to forgive us our sins and have mercy on our sinning souls. There is little we can do but to plead and ask Him for mercy of which we are all undeserving (even the pope), for as many as would ask, sincerely seeking, He is willing and also able to save.

Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear Oh Israel, Jehovah our God is One Jehovah." Moses, just trying to emphasize the Oneness of God, aside from it being directed at the Israelites then, it has been recorded for contemporary man to hear this truth and it's relevance cannot be lost on us. . .
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 19, 2008
littleb:

Knowing the personal knowledge of the father is questionable. Even calling God a father is also questionable.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Dear, your fellow confused muslim brethren quote the above verse as PROOF that mohammad was the "comforter" or "paraclete" . . . if indeed calling God a father is questionable how then could your mohammad have been the comforter to be sent from the father and who proceedeth from the father?

Are you people able to stand in one spot?
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by littleb(m): 10:12am On Aug 19, 2008
@davidylan
davidylan:

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Dear, your fellow confused muslim brethren quote the above verse as PROOF that mohammad was the "comforter" or "paraclete" . . . if indeed calling God a father is questionable how then could your mohammad have been the comforter to be sent from the father and who proceedeth from the father?

Are you people able to stand in one spot?

I think my explanation is very clea:
If father should be used, I always think it should be in the context of Rab(master) who provide and cater for everybody. But, under critical examination, father is being used differently as beig seen in some faiths.
. The same father you used biologically, also in god-father, also as a royal helm. Needless to say are a lot of transformations in the usage of the word father. Islam abrogate the usage of such word to qualify God. Allthough, it may be used in acient, however, the context should be in form of master(RABI). Even God is also used differently. The only name recognise in Islam is Allah with all His 99 attributes.
Allah says:
O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him: (for Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. Qr4:171
Thanks.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by samba123(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2008
Calling God as Father, it’s only applicable to the Christian belief.
The Quran confirmed all this that the proper name of calling Him is “Allah[b] (الله)[/b]

Quran says; Chapter 7Al Araf verse 180
Allah is the fairest name. Invoke Him by them. And leave the company of those who blaspheme His names. They will be requited what they do.

Chapter 7 - Al Araf. Verse 71
He said: Terror and wrath from you Lord have already fallen on you. Would ye wrangle with me over names which ye have named, ye and you fathers, for which not warrant from Allah hath been revealed? Then await (the consequence), Lo! I (also) am of those awaiting (it).

Chapter 20 – Taha. Verse 8
Allah ! there is no God save Him. His are the most Beautiful names.

Chapter 59 – Al Hashr verse 24
He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by javalove(m): 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
the poster came cool, david responded with controversy. cant u survive without useless arguments, and its not as if ur arguments are constructive sef, na u know.

still watching thread, may Allah reward my brothers responding well and my sisters too
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2008
If we are to be sincere, we should realize that in all the history of mankind, one thing has been most salient and this has been recorded in various books that had acted as guide to many faithful men over the ages. This is the almightiness of the One True and Living God. Like I tried to emphasize yesterday, there might have been a sort of connection between the offspring of Abraham and the almighty God. We are well aware that the name that Abraham called God was well known even as far back as the time of Enos, son of Seth, son of Adam Genesis 4:26. This same God is the one that Islam subscribes to and I see no reason to fault them.

The word that the prophets, Noah called him is found in the four Hebrew consonant words YHWH. Many have chosen to call the translation of these word Yahweh, but contemporarily, the argument that makes one call Jesus instead of Yeshua applies to most calling this Almighty God the name Jehovah. Allah, now that is a name that Islam calls this God. Who can know the mind of Jehovah? As He had revealed himself to be Jehovah to the children of Isaac, could He have revealed Himself to be Allah to the children of Ishmael? The issue of language is somewhat of an issue here. The fact is that if most were to pick up a bible written in Arabic, the name of God istransliterated to be "Allah". Now, thats some food for thought isn't it?

On another level, if a Christian were to come across the following sentence for example "He is God, the One and Only, God, the Eternal, Absolute, He begetteth not, nor is He begotten and there is none like unto Him. . .", whom might he think is being talked about? Jehovah I believe, as all those praises rightly belong to the most high God, Jehovah. But guess what, I got that verse from Quran 112:1-4. Only while this God has revealed Himself, even so by name. I will not go into the language issues of "Eli or Elohim and their similarities with Allah", let me not go too far. But God is God. None can tell the mind of God, even His great day of judgment is foretold in the Quran, and it bears striking similarity with the bibles Revelation.

In this our existence, we have been privy to have great men and I bet that one can ascribe greatness to Mohamed, as well as Jesus Christ too. These were men that existed and defined history, definitely, they're going to play significant roles in the coming system in their own respective spheres, if their creator wills it. If the issue of who will be King of the new system comes up, then thankfully we have Jehovah God as the arbiter, and whatever He wills shall be abided by, as it just so happens to be His story and none else. All else are subsumed under His kingdom and all glory would ultimately go to Him, and not to Mohamed, neither to Jesus, all any can hope on is to share in this glory that shall abound over all of existence. All glory must and will go to Jehovah the Almighty God.

This is the day that hypocrisy dies, subscribing to faith without knowing the One True and Living God is all a vanity of existence. He calls each one of us this day to draw nearer to Him. Seek Him, the one who "Causes to become", for he is willing and able to show mercy and compassion on all those who sincerely strive to please Him, this is irrespective of race, tribe, tongue, religion or other divisive tendencies that has been placed before man since the fall in Eden.

He comes quickly. Food for thought for everyone, how prepared are we all should he decide to come now? Are we sure we would be found on the right side of the divide? It's a war already between evil and good, on whose side are we on? Do we show this in our conduct with fellow men, within our families, within our immediate societies? Do we look at our actions as modeled after the great prophets of old? Islam is a religion of peace Quran 6:151. . .take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.", and our God brings peace upon all of mankind, if others choose to do contrary to the teachings of this great teacher Mohamed, should we do likewise? If Christians choose to blaspheme this God must we do the same? Do we serve man or do we serve the Almighty creator of all things? This God sees our hearts, do we think that language and pronunciation would make Him deaf to our plea?

As much as I believe the bible to be an authority in matters of spirituality, looking at the Quran with an unbiased mindset, I reason that it makes more sense than most would want us to believe. This might not be far fetched as the politicians of ancient times hijacked the laudable goals of the teachings of two of the greatest individuals who have had the greatest impact on the affairs of men to feather their own nests.

Check out these quotations from the Quran and compare it with the teachings of the bible, it is as if the same speaker is speaking to two different people:

Quran 10:3 "Surely, your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then ascended His Throne, Ordaining all things"

Quran 49:13 "O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."

I am no Quran authority though, but if one is to engage in reasonable discourse, it presupposes that one applies reason too ain't it. Jehovah's salvation plan indeed invites all, including Muslims from all of the nations as well as any. Whosoever will may come. . .
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by fotodaddy: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2008
Davidlan, deepzone et all; dont you know that the letter killeth but the spirit gives life?? How come you now expect spiritual things to be carnally discerned. Before you became Christians did you not live in darkness. Were you won over by eloquent arguments and words or by His spirit?? No one can go to Him except he calls.

Please wake up and realize that you cannot do battle for God undecided
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2008
fotodaddy:

Davidlan, deepzone et all; don't you know that the letter killeth but the spirit gives life?? How come you now expect spiritual things to be carnally discerned. Before you became Christians did you not live in darkness. Were you won over by eloquent arguments and words or by His spirit?? No one can go to Him except he calls.

Please wake up and realize that you cannot do battle for God undecided

fotodaddy dont get confused. True the letter killeth but why do you think Christ spent 3.5 yrs preaching everywhere He went? Why didnt He just sit down quietly waiting for the Lord to call His own?

What of the disciples? Did they sit down in a corner waiting for the Lord to call? No, they even went as far as preaching to King Aggrippa. Dont mix your own unbiblical opinion with the scriptures.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2008
The point really is beyond religion, it is a state of mind. Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the way to salvation, and they are right if I might add. This is because it was Jesus Christ who paved the way for mankind to even consider everlasting life under Jehovah's kingdom which is even now being made manifest.

The sin that Adam committed was rectified by the ransom which Jesus paid. Having said that, it is a most erroneous impression for one to think that salvation would in turn be restricted to Christians alone. All mankind has fallen under the grace and mercy of that one sacrifice and it is left for any to take advantage of such as it was a gift that was freely and willingly provided to us by the Almighty.

If salvation were to be restricted to just Christians, pray, tell me what would happen to all those souls that lived before Jesus' time, or those folks in the rural areas all over the world who have never heard of Jesus their entire life? Now tell me how one can rationalize this with Acts 24:15.

Worship the One God and do not be dissuaded by religious rhetoric. Jesus Christ bore one testimony, "worship Jehovah" Revelations 19:10, this is the word for mankind today and it might just well determine the salvation of many. . .
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by babs787(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ajadrage

I am still much around the corner, waiting for where you are heading to before coming in. From your post, it seems you are a Jehovah witness member but all the same, no qualm
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Included In Jehovah's Salvation Plan by ajadrage: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2008
My dear Babs, I maintain like I have always done that I am not a member of any faith based belief system that is known to contemporary man. Rather, I see myself as one of the multitude that try to seek the One True and Living God Almighty, creator of the Heavens and the Earth in these days of the end. In so doing, I do not want to be influenced by any doctrine of men as the many religions of mankind has done nothing but confuse and confound souls for centuries. You do not have to wait to know where the brother is coming from. At the risk of sounding subjective, the authority that I subscribe to is the Bible and you will agree with me that (aside the added Greek Scriptures which Christians subscribe to) both Jews and Muslims subscribe to the laudable principles of this Book.

So, if our God is One, if the same God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and all the patriarchs is One God, why the discordant tunes in the many religions of the Earth today? The Islamic Quran and the Jewish Torah expresses similar sentiments and hold many like principles required for peaceful human coexistence.

It thus presupposes that there is an underlying link somewhere and that is the commonality of our brotherhood as one under the banner of the most high Jehovah. I do not care if one is a Muslim or Christian, as long as I know that we have one common goal, which is to be a part of the next system after the passing of this corrupt chapter of human existence. Y'all are like my brothers and sisters.

The many Religions of man has been a tool by the wicked one to shield mankind from true knowledge of our creator and with the religious intolerance and animosity being displayed all over the globe today, it is obvious that Satan has been very successful in this regard. But not for long.

The day of Jehovah is coming, that is a message that each and everyone of us should take close to heart. I do not believe that my denominational affiliation would play any role in my salvation, neither would my religious beliefs. Rather, it would take the abundant grace and unfathomable mercy of our God to do that for me even as I continuously plead with Him to allow me have a part in His Kingdom. I wouldn't wanna miss that for anything.

We have been so shortchanged in this our present existence. Wars, famines, diseases, wickedness etc. I want to experience the real life in the next system and I would want everyone to enjoy that real life too no matter the religion one belongs to. I believe that Jehovah wants this good life for all of mankind too, and the good news is that, He is willing and exceedingly able to actualize that for each and everyone who has ever lived, is living or will ever live on this Earth.

"Behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be" Revelations 22:12

(1) (Reply)

Happy Ramadan / Is Piety The Only Beauty? / 1000 + saying Shahadah in Germany With Sheikh Yusuf Estes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.