Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33714 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by stkris(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2008
great tournament 4 naija, we did wat we could n did it well too. just dint clinch d gold, but we did well  grin so shut d F up u criticising sons of b's
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by detruth: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2008
Blu Malam:

A SAD SATURDAY MORNING FOR NIGERIA.

nothing made it sad, except personal.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by vicade(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2008
APAM, KAITA, OGBUKE,ADELEYE should be promoted to super eagles.

KAITA and APAM are very good players  Amodu should forget those so called big boys
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by folahann(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2008
Well deserved, we were expecting gold but silver is something great
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by derint(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2008
The goal keper lost the match for them.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by samir101ng(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2008
Oh well, we tried our best. Silver medal is also good.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2008
subice:

Exactly, and we had didn't do well with the chances we had. We let our concentration slip and were punished. Shame Obasi was injured. The boys did well though, considering the quality they were up against. You're talking about almost half a team with Champions league/European Cup experience. Guys like Adeleye and Kaita deserve a lot of encouragement.

i totally agree.

folahann:

I'm not going to completely rule out some dubious decisions by the referee

the ref was very fair,
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Cristalz(f): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2008
Vanzekin was at fault,but the defenders were at fault too. I just watched the replay. Firstly,where were the defenders in the first place?? They all went to attack,forgetting they had to defend too.
And when DiMaria was making his run,absolutely noone attempted to stop him via ball interception or a good tackle. Instead they were running with him.Jogging alongside the man! Then Vanzekin raced out of his post as if DiMaria was a long-lost uncle he was rushing to embrace.

Anyway,its all good.Siasia did well with the team,and they're bringing home a silver. Not bad at all. Up team Nigeria kiss
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by SamMilla1(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2008
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED,
NIGERIA WON GOLD FOR US.
WIN OR LOOSE.

MEANWHILE, I WILL NEED SOME EXPLANATION ON WHY CHINEDU OGBUKE OBASI WASNT IN THE GAME.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Hannibal: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2008
HNIC:

The experience the argies had saw them through.
Riquelme,Messi,Masch,Gago,Aguero etc.
Better luck next time.
Sad though, that we lost.
We failed to take our chances

Good point, HNIC.

The craziest thing was when they scored. . . . .Those boys just gave up.
They got scared and lost hope as if they felt they were not going to equalise.
They had so much time to come back. . . . . .all they needed to do was keep calm and hit the Argies on a counter. . . .
Siasia didn't tutor those boys well.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kolsrah(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2008
it painful but it does mean Argentina are better,at least we have seen what stuff our guys are made of.this is the team that trashed Brazil 3-0.Up Nigeria anyway!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Echeozo(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2008
;
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kolsrah(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2008
it painful but it doesnt mean Argentina are better,at least we have seen what stuff our guys are made of.this is the team that trashed Brazil 3-0.Up Nigeria anyway!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ehie007(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2008
the fault was from our gaol keeper, if he has stayed back the chances of the argentine not scoring was very high. i dont know weitin they worru vanzekin atime.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by BLUETWOOTH(f): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2008
Cristalz:

V. Instead they were running with him.Jogging alongside the man! Then Vanzekin raced out of his post as if DiMaria was a long-lost uncle he was rushing to embrace.

grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by TmeD0(m): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2008
deept:

i totally agree.

the ref was very fair,

I concur!  I was surprised though.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by detruth: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2008
deept:

the ref was very fair,

totally agree with you. on how he purnished arg. for time wasting and delibrtely refuse to stop at the stoppagee time to prove he knows what tricks Arg. were trying
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by philips975(m): 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
The Nigeria's boys have proved all critics wrong that they can play any team. I couldn't find any spectacular display of skills by the stars-studded Argentines. Nigerian Dream Team still won despite the final scoreline.

Well done to the Boys, Well done Siasia!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
SAM MILLA:

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED,
NIGERIA WON GOLD FOR US.
WIN OR LOOSE.

MEANWHILE, I WILL NEED SOME EXPLANATION ON WHY CHINEDU OGBUKE OBASI WASNT IN THE GAME.

who is going to explain to you. the coach does not answer to you. whether u like it or not, he did very well. Nobody gave Nigeria a chance from the beginnig and he brought us to the finals. This is our first loss and its not like we were disgraced.

The guys did wee from Vansekin to Odewingie.

We can talk, we are not on the pitch, the pressure, the heat, the opposition. e easy.

Well done jare guys.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
anyone who blames wbybody is a vagabond!!!!!! Nigeria tried i am crying right nowww, cause the guys tried, i mean it was just nerves, this is an opportunity to celebrate our oneess, I Love Nigeria for life
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by alex406(m): 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
Who the hell is beefing over Nigeria,those guys tried and i think the deserve to be congratulated,afterall it were you will you get in done to Final?
Men my guys deserves some kudos, UP NIGERIA, UP SIASIA, UP DREAM TEAM.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by tpia: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
the naija team was somewhat demoralized after that goal. undecided

it was so obvious.

anyway, its all good. They tried.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Echeozo(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2008
'
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by subice(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
Cristalz:

Vanzekin was at fault,but the defenders were at fault too. I just watched the replay. Firstly,where were the defenders in the first place?? They all went to attack,forgetting they had to defend too.
And when DiMaria was making his run,absolutely noone attempted to stop him via ball interception or a good tackle. Instead they were running with him.Jogging alongside the man! Then Vanzekin raced out of his post as if Messi was a long-lost uncle he was rushing to embrace.

I think for one, Vanzekin should have stayed on his line and two, the nearest defender should have closed the angle rather than just running towards goal with Di Maria like he were his minder. That would have affected his composure and maybe the goal. Well, it's a learning experience for them, let's hope they've learnt from it, especially Vanzekin, whose decision making is the main reason he has conceeded the goals he did in this tournament.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by achinu(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
I watched the game and I didn't think the Nigerian team really put in the kind of effort they were capable of!! The never really took some good shots against the Argentine goalie, it wasn't until they scored against us that the boys picked up the pace. Maybe I had my expectations set too high for our team, the opponents played well but it wasn't anything spectacular except that they took advantage of any opportunity they had to shoot the ball!!! Yeah yeah, I know I'm griping cuz we didn't have to settle for silver when we were more that capable of getting the GOLD!! Anyhew I dey go sleep jare!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dayokanu(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
Messi - Barca
Mascherano -  Liverpool
Gago - Real Madrid
Garay - Madrid
Sosa  - Bayern Munich
Aguero - Athletico
Riquelme-Veteran

Our boys overachieved.

Its 1am I dey go sleep too

Counter attack? WHen we are a goal down? You have obviously ben sniffing Shoe spray. The onus was on us to attack ARgentina at 1-0 down Argie could afford to sit down and let the clock wind down.  We tried to do that but couldnt keep our cool at the vital moments.

The biys Tried
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by detruth: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
I think the best tht will happen to Nigerian football in the future is to change Amodu for Siasia, and let them allow some of these boys to graduate to the senior team. Can someone tell why the commentator kept singing the praise of Kaita?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by 2sleek2NV(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
i am hapi cos mikel has been put to shame. he thinks he can hold nig to ransom to hell wit him

we played well. some of our biys go get new clubs now
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by alex406(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2008
The only fault i realized in the game was the attackers,they are too dull to make good moves.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dayokanu(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2008
See these Argies falling down like its Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by romeo(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2008
I wanted to ask why we didn't play more over aged players, then i remembered that they are almost all over aged cheesy cheesy

I am tired of refreshing this page abeg
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ernal(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2008
Silver na something,person for here talk say Gold na Ultimate,no be Gold o,Na Gulder be Ultimate

The bois dont have anything to be sorry about.Up Eagles jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply)

Mikel Snubbed Our Appointment – Oliseh / Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Liga Trophy / De Bruyne Suffers Fractured Nose & Eye Socket After Clashing Heads With Rudiger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.