Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation (42578 Views)

BBC Said This About The Nigerian Flag / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Nigeria Is An Islamic Nation, The Unknown Handover Done By Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by shawna(f): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2006
awwwh thank u am flattered kiss kiss kiss kiss and yeah am pretty and yeah thats left eye from TLC
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Mariory(m): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2006
LOL Afeni at it again talking absolute nonsense. Some things never change.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2006
If Afeni had the power, he'll pour acid on NIGERIA.

That boy hates everything NIGERIA(N)! Go back to geography and history class damn it. U just wake up everyday thinking of ways to dabaru the nation that is already dabarulized.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by shawna(f): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2006
haha looks like TLC left eye?

aight?
whoever it is ,don't know, she's cool. thot it was u. anyway, the 1st takes are always right. my spirit still tells me u are a pretty lady.

awwwh thank u kiss kiss kiss  am flattered and yeah am prettyam trying not to toot my own horn grin and yeah thats left eye from TLC
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by stanech: 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2006
Well Am Not talking about flags or emblem or other shit.
All I know is that Nigeria is an islamic country.
Lets forget about the flag. Things happening arround us explains it best.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by superman(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2006
na ur house islamic house !
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2006
stanech:

Well Am Not talking about flags or emblem or other rubbish.
All I know is that Nigeria is an islamic country.
Lets forget about the flag. Things happening arround us explains it best.

Now i wnt argue with u on what's happening arround us. But this thread is talking abt how the FLAG makes us an islamic nation.

WHy not argue that out, instead of bringing situations happening arround us in here?
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2006
hot-angel:

If Afeni had the power, he'll pour acid on NIGERIA.

That boy hates everything NIGERIA(N)! Go back to geography and history class damn it. U just wake up everyday thinking of ways to dabaru the nation that is already dabarulized.

The purpose of this thread is quite simply is Nigeria an Islamic Nation,the answer legally yes.If have of the country have Sharia law the  Islamic Code as the Legal Criminal Code.http://www.flags.net/ISCO.htm

Does the Nigerian National Colours give an indication of its Identity,the answer again is yes http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa060401b.htm

Hot-Angel
Where did the Arabic aka Islamic inscription on the Naira come and what does it mean? Maybe its means peace to Allah!
Afeni is merely asking a question,why do many Islamic nations have green and white as major colours.
If Nigeria is not an Islamic Nation why are we a member of Islamic conference where official government officials attend.
You would be too young to remember the protest that greeted the decision of the Babangida Regime a Muslim by the way into the Islamic Conference.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by superman(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2006
it sound like someone is polishin their old shoes !! that is is still not enough reason to say nigeria is islamic weather u like it or not. if that is the case then well it could be said nigeria is a vodooo nation!! garbage!
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 11:37pm On Jun 26, 2006
mrmayor:

Hot-Angel
Where did the Arabic aka Islamic inscription on the Naira come and what does it mean? Maybe its means peace to Allah!
Afeni is merely asking a question,why do many Islamic nations have green and white as major colours.
If Nigeria is not an Islamic Nation why are we a member of Islamic conference where official government officials attend.
You would be too young to remember the protest that greeted the decision of the Babangida Regime a Muslim by the way into the Islamic Conference.

Cheers

Nigeria is not For christians only. Trust me, if christians had some sort of 'code' language like arabic, im sure it'll be on the Naira note.

Arabic on the note is some form of letting us know that Islamic people are identified in Nigeria. Why not find out what the arabic sign on the note means before you make conclusions?

Nobody is jumping on afeni for asking a question, it's just that some questions are NOT to be asked. If NIgeria is a member of Islamic conferences, i don't think that's something to blow trumpet about.

AGAIN NIGERIA IS NOT FOR CHRISTIANS ALONE! The ISLAMIC PEOPLE HAVE TO BE IDENTIFIED/RECOGNIZED?! If the country is showing them some form of respect, U need to learn that they are doing that because Christianity is not the only Religion in Nigeria.

Nigeria is also a member of christian conference. Why r u not shouting about that one? Just because we partake in islam stuffs don't mean we are an ISLAMIC nation.

well we partake in stuffs about christianity too, does that mean we are a CHRISTIAN NATION?

Nigeria is for not a christian Nation, neither is it An islamic nation. That's what i think. Both religion are the major form of religion in nigeria. They both get equal attention.

It's just that people tend to put more "effizy" when it comes to Islam.

Y'all need to go and sit somewhere jare. Don't try to break a nation that has no more glue left.

Nigeria is for both Christians and Muslims. (the major ones, lets not even start with the babalawos, and orunmilas, and amadihoha). cheesy
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by alarinjo(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2006
The purpose of this thread is quite simply is Nigeria an Islamic Nation,the answer legally yes.If have of the country have Sharia law the  Islamic Code as the Legal Criminal Code.http://www.flags.net/ISCO.htm

Does the Nigerian National Colours give an indication of its Identity,the answer again is yes http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa060401b.htm

The purpose of this thread is not to determine whether Nigeria is an Islamic nation or not. It is to question whether the green white green colors of the Nigerian flag symbolize Islam. The answer is NO.

The flag was designed in 1959 by a christian, Michael Akinkunmi. Inspired by the lush vegetation he saw as he looked down the window of an aeroplane taking him to England for universty education, Akinkunmi chose to use green as part of the design he submitted for a competition which drew nearly 3000 applicants. White stands for peace, Akinkunmi's hope and prayer for the burgeoning nation which was already ethnically polarized even at independence.

To somehow attempt a connection between Akinkunmi, a christian's, 1959 design with Babangida's 1986 subscription to the OIC, or even Murtala's 1970's introduction of Sharia into the draft constitution is not logical and smirks of misinformation. Indeed, it would take a very wild conspiracy plot to connect the isolated events of 1959 to those which happend 17 years later in 1986.

This is logic:

Do many Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? Yes
Do all Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? No
Do many non-Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? Yes
Is Nigeria a member of the OIC? Yes
Do the green and white colors in the Nigerian flag represent this OIC membership? No

Please let us not get overly sensational about an issue which really doesnt make any sense.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2006
Thank u alarinjo!

The Islamic conference thing, has nothing to do with the flag.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2006
alarinjo:

This is logic:

Do many Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? Yes
Do all Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? No
Do many non-Islamic countries have green and white in their flags? Yes
Is Nigeria a member of the OIC? Yes
Do the green and white colors in the Nigerian flag represent this OIC membership? No

Please let us not get overly sensational about an issue which really doesnt make any sense.

This is the Logic.

Does Nigeria like fellow Islamic Countries behead people for sins against the Prophet .HELL YES
Did Nigeria like other Islamic Countries go up in flames,burning of churches and killing of Christans because of Danish Cartoons. HELL YES
Does Nigeria stone people to death for Adultery.HELL YES
Did Nigerians Celebrate after the 9/11 attacks. HELL YES
Does Nigeria have Islamic Law as its Criminal Justice System. HELL YES

Nigeria is an Islamic Nation But in Name

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by alarinjo(m): 12:22am On Jun 27, 2006
This is the logic:
Does Nigeria like fellow Islamic Countries behead people for sins against the Prophet .HELL YES
Did Nigeria like other Islamic Countries go up in flames,burning of churches and killing of Christans because of Danish Cartoons. HELL YES

mrmayor, I don't think most people will argue with you about the points you raised. But trying to tie all that into the green and white colors of the flag is still not logical, it is sensational!

You are substituting one argument for another, and that is what I am saying is not logical. To argue that Nigeria is an Islamic nation is one thing, but to suggest that this Islamization is represented by the colors of our flag is quite another. History and logic strongly suggest that the latter case cannot be made. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Idekeson(m): 4:13am On Jun 27, 2006
hot-angel:

Nigeria is not For Christians only. Trust me, if Christians had some sort of 'code' language like Arabic, I'm sure it'll be on the Naira note.
Arabic on the note is some form of letting us know that Islamic people are identified in Nigeria. Why not find out what the Arabic sign on the note means before you make conclusions?

Nigeria is also a member of Christian conference. Why r u not shouting about that one? Just because we partake in Islam stuffs don't mean we are an ISLAMIC nation.

Lest someone mistake this ignorant ranting as facts.

The Arabic inscriptions is claimed to be on the Naira for the benefit of illiterate Hausa/Fulani.
I don't see any Igbo or Yoruba inscription, to mention but two tribes in a nation of over 250 tribes.

OIC is an organization of Islamic countries.  Nigeria is a secular country.  The constitution provides for no state religion.  I can't recall of any Christian based organization that the government of Nigeria is a member.

I'm all for equal rights for Muslims and other Nigerians, no matter your religion.  But mixing religion with government is like mixing oil and water, a recipe for disaster.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by diddy4(m): 6:56am On Jun 27, 2006
afeni at it again. always trynna start up controversey. well, what can i say? nigeria is a muslim country but not total muslim. abacha, before his demiss, wanted to turn the whole country into muslim but God saved us from the disaster by killing that son of a bitch. in all the courrencies we have in nigeria, none has any xtian notation in it. it is only muslim.

the flag thingy, is not true cuzz when it was designed, people had little importance for religion. all they wanted was freedom so trynna tie the flag thing to our being muslim is not all that reasonable at all.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 8:21am On Jun 27, 2006
mrmayor:

This is the Logic.

Nigeria is an Islamic Nation But in Name

Enjoy

Don't be silly. Parts of Nigeria and Nigeria are two different things. Nigeria is majorly muslim in the north and christian in the south. That's the way it is, not the whole of Nigeria as you are painting it out.

For someone who is so into the law, why not sit down and read this. When you are through, we can have an informed discussion on the relevant points.

FYI, the arabic in the national currency doesn't mean anything other than the denomination in the Hausa language. For example, what we see on a ten naira note is naira goma, written in Arabic script. Naira goma is 'ten naira' in Hausa. For those who may not know (like you obviously don't) Hausa is the de facto official language of Northern Nigeria, and has been since 1804. Traditionally, Hausa is written using Arabic script, the same way English is written using Latin script, or Russian using Cyrillic script or Hebrew using Arhamaic script. What's your point? Does Southern Nigeria have a language that is spoken by all except English?
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Nicer(m): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2006
This Afeni guy is probably the dullest fellow i've ever come across in my life. Can we just ignore the guy's threads? He seems to be a destructive person and is always looking to cause division and hatred,
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by twinstaiye(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2006
So where is Afeni? I have all along believed your belief in Nigeria brekain gup will lead you into trouble one day, this is the beginning.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Ashiwaju(m): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2006
Afeni could be anywhere!

Nigeria is not an islamic nation and for those who like to manipulate signs and colours to mean something that never is, please and please do alot more reading,correct and confirmed research b4 u throw it to the public.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mustafar1: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2006
information energizes! arguments based solely on mediocre reasons is a total waste of brain cell use. color as a base for ur argument can only be compared to my lil cousin basing his cooking ability on being able to boil water.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by damascus(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2006
Afeni is absolutely correct, thats what the green and white means cos islam means peace
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Ashiwaju(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2006
Mr 10 poster, Where u dey come from? what are you talking about? you know what the topic is about atall? Does this look like a dating thread or something? please u can do better than the little u said
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mochafella(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2006
Chxta:

FYI, the arabic in the national currency doesn't mean anything other than the denomination in the Hausa language. For example, what we see on a ten naira note is naira goma, written in Arabic script. Naira goma is 'ten naira' in Hausa. For those who may not know (like you obviously don't) Hausa is the de facto official language of Northern Nigeria, and has been since 1804. Traditionally, Hausa is written using Arabic script, the same way English is written using Latin script, or Russian using Cyrillic script or Hebrew using Arhamaic script. What's your point? Does Southern Nigeria have a language that is spoken by all except English?
Good work clearing that up.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2006
Idekeson:

The Arabic inscriptions is claimed to be on the Naira for the benefit of illiterate Hausa/Fulani.
I don't see any Igbo or Yoruba inscription, to mention but two tribes in a nation of over 250 tribes.

OIC is an organization of Islamic countries. Nigeria is a secular country. The constitution provides for no state religion. I can't recall of any Christian based organization that the government of Nigeria is a member.

I'm all for equal rights for Muslims and other Nigerians, no matter your religion. But mixing religion with government is like mixing oil and water, a recipe for disaster.

I didn't see this earlier, I'd have responded:

First, too many of us especially here in Southern Nigeria make the mistake of defining literacy to be the ability to read and write English, it is not. Anyone here ever heard of Albert Einstein? He didn't understand a word of English until late in life. Same as Niehls Bohr and Enrico Fermi. Honore de Balzac and Louis Pasteur spoke and wrote only in French. Vladimir Ulyanov changed the course of history with only his native Russian, while the greatest works of Karl Marx are all in German. Leonardo da Vinci whom many acknowledge to be one of the most intelligent men to have walked the face of the planet spoke Italian, Latin, Romansch and French. I don't see English on that list.

But then again some people don't mind such a list considering the fact that all these names are European, so let us expand the scope:

When Europe was in the Dark Ages, all the knowledge and thinking of the ancient world was preserved for us by none other than Muslim, Arabic philosophers, men like Ibn Sina and al-Kindi who had never even heard of English (English didn't even exist as the language we know then). We have these people to thank for the fact that we know about Aristotle, Socrates and Plato (all of whom of course would have considered the English to be major babarians had they heard about them).

Confucious spoke only Mandarin and as far as I know could not write (I may be wrong there). So what are we talking about?

Before we go off on a tangent: Islamic civilization spread across what is now known as Northern Nigeria about the time of the empires of Mali and Shongai. With it (as with the spread of Christianity in Europe), spread the Arabic language and culture. This spread was further cemented by the jihad of 1804, during which all educated (schooled people) learnt how to read and write Arabic. Naturally, they borrowed the Arabic script for their own language, in much the same way as Samuel Ajayi Crowther borrowed the Latin script for his own Yoruba language some seven decades later.

The point is this:
Chxta:

That we see Arabic script on our currency doesn't change anything. Makurdi is populated by mainly Christians who all speak Hausa while their main language is Tiv. The Tera people of Gombe State are mainly Christian, surrounded by a sea of Muslims, but they all speak Hausa. Almost all Nupe speak Hausa as well. The Zangon people are mainly Christian as well, all of them to a man speak Hausa. What language do we have that traverses the entire region of Southern Nigeria? Pidgin English?

If we agree on that then it is safe to say that the 'ten naira' written on a ten naira note is all good. As is the naira goma.

mochafella:

Good work clearing that up.
Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2006
Idekeson:

Look at who is telling me not to make mistake.

WHo told you that "ARABIC" is the way in which fulani's and hausa's write? They have written languages just like yoruba and igbos.

Arabic is what the muslims write with. Not the language hausas/fulanis understand. So dont tryna act smart and tell me that the Arabic writing on the Naira note was to benefit illiterate hausa/fulani. That's pure cowmeat, and you know it.

if they wanted to write to make hausa's and fulani understand, they would use the hausa language which is nothing CLOSE to arabic. Not every hausa person is a muslim, Muslims are the ones who understand ARABICS.

So do u mean to tell me that the Arabic writing on the Naira note was also benefiting christian hausas and fulanis? Get ur facts right please.

Christians use "english" in the bible, but Muslims use "arabic". Im sure those arabic words on the naira Note mean, something that was written in english on it. (i'll check on that).

What is my point, don't get it twisted. The arabic writing on the naira note is in NO WAY a form to benefit illiterate hausa/fulani.
And remembers, not every hausa person is a muslim. Chikena.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2006
hot-angel:

Look at who is telling me not to make mistake.

WHo told you that "ARABIC" is the way in which fulani's and hausa's write? They have written languages just like yoruba and igbos.

You are right,Hausas have a language they could write using English alphabets but they use Arabic writing for religious communication.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2006
hot-angel:

Christians use "english" in the bible, but Muslims use "arabic". I'm sure those arabic words on the naira Note mean, something that was written in english on it. (i'll check on that).

There are Yoruba and Igbo Bibles,not every Bible is in English.

For All Those Who Feel Hurt,That Nigeria Is An Islamic Country.This is the Official Site Of Islamic Countries.
http://islamic-world.net/countries/index.htm

Hot-Angel.

My first demonstration/riot was against the decision of the Babangida Administration to take Nigeria into Islamic Conference in 1986.I got my first taste of tear gas and it was the first time i saw a friend got shot dead.that decision made Nigeria Officially An Islamic Country.You were not born then,so you wouldn't appreciate why there was a protest

OK, a Christan designed flag won the competition,what happen to the other 3000 designs.Who choose that particular design.
Abubaker,Aminu Kano,Sarduana,awolowo or Zik? these are all valid questions.

The Islamic Inscription on the flag of the Nigerian Army also means Army in Hausa but spelled out in Arabic.

Characteristics of Islamic Countries
1.Member of Islamic Conference=Nigeria
2.Sharia Law                            =Nigeria
3.Killing and burning b/c Danish Cartoons =Nigeria
4.Likely to have GREEN in its Flag  = Nigeria.
5.Stoning To Death for Sex.     = Nigeria.
6. Under age Marriage with girls as young as 9yrs  = Nigeria
7.Killing and burning because of Miss World  = Nigeria.
8.Islamic Inscription on Its Currency and Army Flags =Nigeria

I just wonder if you would like to live Northern Nigeria.

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by hotangel2(f): 4:27am On Jun 28, 2006
mrmayor:

You are right,Hausas have a language they could write using English alphabets but they use Arabic writing for religious communication.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TELLING U! Open ur hears and listen.

Hausa's DON'T use ARABIC writing for religious COMMUNICATIONS!!!!!!!!

MUSLIMS use ARABIC for RELIGIOUS COMMUNICATION! HEAR ME WELL, AND REGISTER IT IN YOU!. haba,

Hausa's use hausa language for communication. But muslims use Arabic for religious communication.

------------
U see some catholics speak Greek, or is it latin? Yeah it's latin. Latin can be said to be the catholics religious language. But we all just use ENGLISh, because duhh everybody is spose to understand it.

mrmayor:

For All Those Who Feel Hurt,That Nigeria Is An Islamic Country.This is the Official Site Of Islamic Countries.

Hot-Angel.

My first demonstration/riot was against the decision of the Babangida Administration to take Nigeria into Islamic Conference in 1986.I got my first taste of tear gas and it was the first time i saw a friend got shot dead.that decision made Nigeria Officially An Islamic Country.You were not born then,so you wouldn't appreciate why there was a protest

Yes there are yoruba bibles, and igbo bibles, and hausa bibles and soo many other languages! U dont get what i am telling you. Christians don't have some sort of CODE LANGUAGE LIKE ARABIC. That's why i said christians use english. Everyone is spose to understand english.

Muslims use Arabic when they are inthe mosque. I know wat the damn the hell im talking about. All the alif bah ta sa, thing, and the koran and ish. It's in Arabic, BUT there's an english version.

There's an hebrew version of the bible too. BUT DON't get it TWISTED darl.

The Arabic on the naira sign wasn't a form of communicating to 'hausa/fulani illerates'. It's just something to show that, Nigeria comprises of muslims too!

Now talking about that website u gave.

YES We have Muslims in NIgeria. They are Islamic people -- those muslims. That's why Nigeria was amongst the list. Like i said before. Nigeria isn't for christians only. The muslims have to be recognized.

Go back to J.S.S2 and take social studies. The two major Religion in NIGERIA: ISLAM (muslims), And CHRISTIANITY.

I wont even venture into arguing out the rest with you. Cos i see that u are determined to twist up on my words, and form out some sorta of yam-yam-poo gist with me.

If i would like to live in northern nigeria? Is that what you asked?
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2006
mrmayor:

Hot-Angel.

OK, a Christan designed flag won the competition,what happen to the other 3000 designs.Who choose that particular design.
Abubaker,Aminu Kano,Sarduana,awolowo or Zik? these are all valid questions.

The Islamic Inscription on the flag of the Nigerian Army also means Army in Hausa but spelled out in Arabic.

Characteristics of Islamic Countries
1.Member of Islamic Conference=Nigeria
2.Sharia Law =Nigeria
3.Killing and burning b/c Danish Cartoons =Nigeria
4.Likely to have GREEN in its Flag = Nigeria.
5.Stoning To Death for Sex. = Nigeria.
6. Under age Marriage with girls as young as 9yrs = Nigeria
7.Killing and burning because of Miss World = Nigeria.
8.Islamic Inscription on Its Currency and Army Flags =Nigeria

I just wonder if you would like to live Northern Nigeria.

Enjoy

Iam from northern nigeria, but no comment
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by DaHitler(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2006
Of course you have no comment, your kinsmen are delusional and out of control.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2006
Hot-Angel.

I have taken your advice and taken some social studies,this is what I came up with.India tried to join the Islamic Conference but was blocked by Saudi Arabia because its a HINDU dominated SECULAR country,what does that say to you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_the_Islamic_Conference

You are again right,not all Hausas and Fulanis are Muslims.Not all Nigerians are Muslims.

There 7 Christains in million Egypt,thats 10% of the population
Labanon has about 45% Christians population,please don't forget that when Sharia was force on the Christians it led to a Civil War
Syria has 10% Christan Population

Please read more, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christiains

Nigerian Government is not signed up to any Christian Organization and rightly so.Its SUPPOSED to be SECULAR country.So why are Nigerian Officials attending the Conference of Islamic Countries.

I can understand the hurt you feel about Nigeria's association with the Islamic Countries.I'll suggest you write a letter to your Rep,Senator  maybe they could reverse our Official Recognition as a Muslim Country

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Army Silent As US Exposes ISIS, Al-Qaeda Plans To Penetrate The South / Protesters Attack Oyo Governor's Office / Prophet Ayodele Tells Peter Obi Things He Must Do To Win Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.