Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail (42690 Views)

Omoyele Sowore, How Market? / Dele Momodu: I Was On The Run From Abacha And Was Granted Asylum In London / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by drinoayo: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2019
Sowore was granted bail by Justice Taiwo Taiwo on the condition that he deposits his international passport with the court and that he is produced whenever needed by his lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN).

Details have emerged as to how pro-democracy campaigner and Convener of RevolutionNow movement, Omoyele Sowore, found out that he had been granted bail on Tuesday by the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Sowore was granted bail by Justice Taiwo Taiwo on the condition that he deposits his international passport with the court and that he is produced whenever needed by his lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN).

Speaking with Sahara Reporters at the facility of the Department of State Services where he is being held in Abuja, Sowore said, "On Tuesday morning, I was asked to dress up by men of the DSS in preparation for my arraignment.

"I got dressed and was ready to go to court but was left unattended to for several hours by the DSS with no communication as to the change in plans of the arraignment until evening when visitors came around and told me that I had been granted bail."

Sowore however, expressed skepticism on the will to carry out the court ruling by the Nigerian Government famed for disregarding court orders.

While thanking his supporters, he urged them not to relent in the demand for freedom and justice for every citizen arbitrarily detained by the Nigerian Government.

Sowore was arrested in Lagos on August 3, 2019 by operatives of the DSS for calling on Nigerians to pour out to the streets to express their anger at the poor state of governance in the country.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/24/exclusive-how-i-found-out-i-had-been-granted-bail-sowore

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by josephobaro(m): 6:30am On Sep 25, 2019
The best gift you can give your unborn Kids is for them having another nationality in Europe or America.
Nigeria is not worth dying for.

342 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 25, 2019

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by amaniro: 6:54am On Sep 25, 2019
Sowore next time you hear a revolution

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2019
Freedom is the Costliest Price..

17 Likes

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Olufela30: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2019
Nigeria is the only place you'd fight for democracy and still lose cos you neither know people nor av money...

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2019
x

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Oblongata: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2019
When I saw femi falana leading the defense, I knew sowore would be out in no time...

Falana defended fela and abiola successfully many years ago...

That guy is something else

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Sirnose(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2019
What about the other guys arrested in Lagos and other parts of the country during the protest, we didn't hear of them. Hope they are also going to be released?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by aylive02(m): 8:30am On Sep 25, 2019
Better activist

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Incandescent(m): 8:30am On Sep 25, 2019
Welcome back

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by obembet(f): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2019
Nigeria is not worth dying for.

My family and I... The rest.. Make them dey die for Buhari and atiku
Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Awoleesu(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2019
josephobaro:
The best gift you can give your unborn Kids is for them having another nationality in Europe or America.
Nigeria is not worth dying living for.

8 Likes

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by NinjaMetahuman: 8:33am On Sep 25, 2019
I'm sure he won't run away dressed like a sissy like some people's hero that cower in the face of python dancing cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by ppreye(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2019
W
Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by creatorsverse(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2019
Sowore go and sin no more... U have been forgiven...

But damn 2face saw this thing coming and ran away like usain bolt and chioma ajunwa

Nnamdi KANU stood ground until dey paid a phyton to start dancing in his father's compound..

Sowore if u continue ur (revolution now) protest it wont be crocodile smile o. It will be called rabit dance

The best bet is for everyone to support atiku in supreme court.. U have to use a beast to kill a beast only use the one u van tame to be on a safe side

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Olorunnim: 8:33am On Sep 25, 2019
The word "free" in freedom is Deceptive Because True freedom comes at a price And Nigerians are still paying it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by MiztaYouneek(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
We only hope the government will eventually adhere to the court order. We know they like to disrespect court orders.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by iPhoneRepairer: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
Enjoy your freedom. Go and protest no more

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Spar7tan(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
If you like, carry another placard tomorrow say you dey protest, this time, na die you dey be that

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Royalfurnitures: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
It's one thing to be granted bail by court and another thing for Buhari and the cabal to obey the court. Let's wait and see

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by hisexcellency34: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
Next time Sowore hears Revo....na to run for his dear life
Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by realstars: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2019
You need to come and give thanksgiving in Naira land.
It was not so easy here.

7 Likes

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by seunlayi(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2019
Man of the moment in Nigeria democracy. Leave it or take.

Success1020:

"I got dressed and was ready to go to court but was left unattended to for several hours by the DSS with no communication as to the change in plans
The DSS were obviously embarrassed. God will embarrassed our enemy. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail by Opinedecandid(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2019
Buhari's Government is tyrannic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Nigeria Military In Pictures / Umahi Inspects Various Projects At Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.