Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian (725 Views)

Pictures Of The New Kaduna Intra-city Air Conditioned High Speed Trains / Saw This Online And Just Wanna Share, Waiting For So Many Bashing. / Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by huxley(m): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
From the amount of post on Nairaland discussing the tension between the Northern and Southern regions of Nigeria, it is obvious that these two regions are sitting very uncomfortably together as a state/nation. In fact, there appears to be no love lost between the people from these regions, with the obligatory bashing and mud slinging one to the other.

But how would Nigerian feel if such bashing were coming from a non-Nigerian? Say, a non-Nigerian was bashing a Northern Nigerian - how would a Southern Nigerian take that?

Does a non-Nigerian bashing a Nigerian the same as Nigerian bashing a Nigerian?
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hey Hux, I think you lost your way … this is not the religion section. Or are you tired of bashing Christians and now you are looking for accomplices to bash Nigerians? Sorry, no luck.
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by boyscout: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
@huxely,

I will not hold you on previous jobs but I think we need re-orientation. I think the frustration of the system not working is actually taking its toll on everybody. So ethnic chauvinist will at best say the ineptitude in the system is as a result of the man from that region.when it is obvious that every sitting Nigerian leader have patriotic Nigerian from the other divide working with him.

The truth is that at all times we have this subordinates from other divide speaking at the top of their voices for their boss and some have good academic qualifications that make many green with envy.

Before they start allocating in percentage share of contributions that slowed the pace of development of this nation to the divides,we should ask ourselves whether the little that came our way within our divides have been used judiciously to satisfy our need by our leaders.

In my own case No.
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by udezue(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2008
boyscout:

@huxely,

I will not hold you on previous jobs but I think we need  re-orientation. I think the frustration of the system not working is actually taking its toll on everybody. So ethnic chauvinist will at best say the ineptitude in the system is as a result of the man from that region.when it is obvious that every sitting Nigerian leader have patriotic Nigerian from the other divide working with him.

The truth is that at all times we have this subordinates from other divide speaking at the top of their voices for their boss and some have good academic qualifications that make many green with envy.

Before they start allocating in percentage share of contributions that slowed the pace of development of this nation to the divides,we should ask ourselves whether the little that came our way within our divides have been used judiciously to satisfy our need by our leaders.

In my own case No.

I WILL TAKE IT AS HIM OR HER SPEAKING THE TRUTH. If a non Nigerian  can see that the Hausa/Fulani/Muslim North are a bunch of blood thirsty parasites who contribute nothing intellectually, and economically but religious and ethnic cleansing of its minority communities and people from the South then its a good thing for us. I even know Ghanians who have asked me what's wrong with Northern Nigerians because all they know about them is that their muslims are very violent and fundamentalist. Don't forget that there are people who read reports of events happening in other countries. Just like we know about Georgia and Russia there are people who also know alot about Naija history.
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by congoshine(m): 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2008
its well
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by tpia: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
udezue:

I WILL TAKE IT AS HIM OR HER SPEAKING THE TRUTH. If a non Nigerian can see that the Hausa/Fulani/Muslim North are a bunch of blood thirsty parasites who contribute nothing intellectually, and economically but religious and ethnic cleansing of its minority communities and people from the South then its a good thing for us. I even know Ghanians who have asked me what's wrong with Northern Nigerians because all they know about them is that their muslims are very violent and fundamentalist. Don't forget that there are people who read reports of events happening in other countries. Just like we know about Georgia and Russia there are people who also know alot about Naija history.

am sure your Ghanaian friends are also asking Northerners whats wrong with southern Nigerians because all they know of them is 419 which they also get from media reports.
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by cescky(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
tpia:

am sure your Ghanaian friends are also asking Northerners whats wrong with southern Nigerians because all they know of them is 419 which they also get from media reports.

thats a not an intelligent answer mr man,dont bring sentiments into the arguement
quote you source that says southerners are the only 419ners in nigeria, for your and misinformation northners are into it as well.( even with govt backing)
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by tpia: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2008
cescky:

thats a not an intelligent answer mr man,don't bring sentiments into the arguement
quote you source that says southerners are the only 419ners in nigeria, for your and misinformation northners are into it as well.( even with govt backing)

this is how you derail threads by reading with your eyes wide shut.

You missed the point. Go back and reread.
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2008
cescky:

thats a not an intelligent answer mr man,don't bring sentiments into the arguement
Yes their is even prostitution in Northern Nigeria, unfortunately more than half of them are indigenous of southern Nigeria. Not to mention that the unequivocal numbers point that such multifarious activities are hubbed in Southern Naija ie, 419, kidnapping, prostitution,
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Aug 23, 2008
Apparently it is hard for some to see the difference when it comes to debating with sentiments and without!! Either the problem is the other party belongs to another tribe or the individual does not see things as they do and so must be stoned. Strange!!
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by Echeozo(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2008
Re: Intra-nigerian Bashing & Non-nigerian Bashing Nigerian by congoshine(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2008
We hate the Northerners,because they are the source of 95% of our problems.

1.They generally lack any serious ambitions outside political power,money and women. lipsrsealed

2. They are the greatest hypocrites, crying sharia & impoverishing their people cry and finally,

3. Two of the Northerners are currently being persecuted,Im talking about Mallam Nasir El-Rufai & Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

Personally these two men rank very high among the greatest Nigerians that ever lived,but what do they get as reward when a fellow albeit 'regular ' Malo gets into office-Persecution. shocked

Unless the Mallams up north change their ways,there isn't much hope for our beloved Nigeria. angry angry

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Tell Your Children? / So What If Mr. President Is Sick? / Babagana Out,yayale In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.