Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her (816 Views)

HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by ken20(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2008
What would you do if you are asked not to marry the one you love because she is from another part of the country?
For me, i love her and i must marry her.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by shilling(f): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
I always listen to my parents, esp my mom. But if she told me not to marry a man I love because of where he's from. I'll listen to her, take what she's saying into consideration and observe this man very well. If I notice anything my mom has said to me about him (his behaviour, habits, morals, etc), I'll probably call of the wedding because I won't be too sure anymore. Better to have a broken engagement than a broken marriage!
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by manchibabe: 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ poster,
as long as u love her very much and ready to put your foot down becos der would def be oppositions
wahtever floats ur boat wink wink wink
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by CodeRED(f): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
ken20:

What would you do if you are asked not to marry the one you love because she is from another part of the country?
For me, i love her and i must marry her.
Gosh will civilisation come home to you people? This is 2008, tell your parents to get with the program. If they dont want you to marry your true love, then ask them to marry you.

On a more serious note, continue letting them ruin your life, by trying to dictate your life. When you are 50 and still not married, take them by their ear and bite them as hard as you can.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by merge(f): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
This is 2008 Rubbish talk

That why divorce rates are so high nowadays

Just try to understand where your parents are coming from and then make your decision

This is marriage not dating.

Adopting to the Americana way of marriage equal to divorce.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by ssRhino: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2008
You have already decided on what you wanna do now, so what is the essence of the post
ken20:

For me, i love her and i must marry her
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by thendo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
that's the problem with our African parents they always want to have a say in what we do, thats why most folks end up marrying spouses approved by families rather than who they really love. its a sad sad story. i suggest you sit down with your mother and understand her reasons. if she is being unreasonable(e.g she doesnt want you to marry her b'cause of different languages, culture e.t.c and nothing to do with her values) tell her in a respectable way that you love this woman and want to marry her and that she ought to give her the chance.

make her understand how unhappy it will make you to know that she doesn't approve of the one you love as your mother.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by izeek(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
just simply ask ur parents if they married thier loved ones,
if yes then do same,

if no then ask them if they are happy with thier choices, or feel they cud have made a better choice.

that wud ans ur qst.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by MrCrackles(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
i am sick and tired of all these parents interfering with their childrens live's or decisions!

i thank God for my parents and family!
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by ssRhino: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
Brash!:

i am sick and tired of all these parents interfering with their childrens life or decisions!

i thank God for my parents and family!

i think it is time for evolution, where the kids will stand up for the right, the guys and the ladies will be the one that will live their lives, so they need to let the parents know that.
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by MrCrackles(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
$$Rhino:

i think it is time for evolution, where the kids will stand up for the right, the guys and the ladies will be the one that will live their lives, so they need to let the parents know that.

exactly bruv!

parents need to fall back or else we would start pushing thier weights back!! grin
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by Nautillus(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2008
I can be very painful IF you parents object to accepting your partner of choice . . .Give council to her at least . . .Sit her down and have a heart to heart session, don't just DISMISS her objection without an objective review.
The objects that adult can see sitting down, . . .a youth might not be able to see it while standing in a stool
Re: My Parents Asked Me Not To Marry Her by CodeRED(f): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2008
merge:

This is 2008 Rubbish talk

That why divorce rates are so high nowadays

Just try to understand where your parents are coming from and then make your decision

This is marriage not dating.

Adopting to the Americana way of marriage equal to divorce.

Shut the f.uck up, That's why y'all living in the same house with the husband and his three other wives.
What does divorce rates have to do with the fact that parents need to keep out of their children lives? if they are about to make mistakes, let them. It's their mistakes to make.

(1) (Reply)

Wives Beware! Some Mistresses Will Do Anything / When I Want To Tell Her Ma Mind.,her Friends Jst Bug In 4rm No Where. / My Ex Use To Point Finger At Other Gals Saying They Re Bad Unknown To Me That She Is Worse.her Decei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.