Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! (2639 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! by mr08: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2008
Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called United State Association Immigrant(myusai.org) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicant data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It is not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc.(myusai.org).
Then i did so,but after a week that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from myusai.org:

Dear Bunga:

We have been unable to upload your US. Green Card Lottery application to the US. Government web site as submitted.

To confirm you are entered in time for the current DV-2009 program, you must re-submit your entry directly to the US. Government site at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Do not worry, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN A DOUBLE ENTRY.

We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we want to be certain you are entered well before the deadline of December 3rd.

TO BE SURE, PLEASE GO TO www.dvlottery.state.gov AND RE-ENTER NOW!

Good luck and best wishes,
Customer Support Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent by United States Association of Immigrants
2132-A Central Avenue SE #267 Albuquerque, NM 87106
To change your email preferences, log into your account at http://myusai.org

Mr_007:
So House when i received this message,i did so and i re-applied at www.dvlottery.state.gov,unfortunatly I was among successful dv2009 applicants and also some of my friends that applied during that period received this message aswel.
So my mind is not at rest because i'm not sure whether they apply for me through their site or not.
So guzy,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is
DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

shocked shocked undecided undecided
Re: I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! by kasyula: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
The fact that you won and have the necessary papers, its all under your own discretion to go to third parties which as far as the US dept of state is concerned, are ILLEGAL and have no prorogative to submit application on behalf of individuals.

The instructions are very simple, clear, but very strict. DO NOT SUBMIT TWICE your application is one of the rules. Unfortunately, the dept. of state has a database of all applicants and they do enforce them rules.

They state in substance that your application will be rejected if fraud is detected and can deter your future applications. I just dont know what that agency might have done to your personal information.

My suggestion is;
1. To proceed on with the forms Kentucky branch sent you, untill you finalise your application without involving third parties.
2. Pray so hard that they do not catch you or the so named organisation doesn't sell your credentials to another person.
3. Do it as quickly as possible because usually a higher number is selected that the usuall number of visas available, as 5,000 will go to the Nicaraguan aggreement.
4. DO NOT bring to attention to the US embassy on what happened [Your submitting twice]. (trust me I've learned so much on this), unless they ask you, let the sleeping dog lie.   lipsrsealed
5. Dont forget to tell us how it went.
6. Lastly and certainly not the least, cross your fingers, it helps bro.
Good luck man.

Joe
Re: I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! by uspry1(f): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
This is repeated duplicated thread that has already answered and is found at below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-157861.0.html
Re: I Won 2009 American Visa Lottery (green Card) ! by ninoransen: 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2010
Congratulation !

To get more details on green card lottery. Please visit us at http://usafis.org

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Belize Schooling? / Is There Any University In France That Lectures In English Language? / Wants Cheapest Air Ticket To Nairobi Kenya.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.