Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives (1725 Views)

Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death / Man With 86 Wives In Nigeria / Sultan, Other Islamic Leaders Disown Man With 86 Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by bilymuse: 7:38am On Aug 23, 2008
[size=13pt]JNI’s death threat: I’m not moved – Man with 86 wives [/size]

By Francis Falola, Minna and Demola Oni, Abeokuta
Published: Saturday, 23 Aug 2008
An octogenarian with 86 wives, Pa Bello Mohammed Abubakar, has dismissed the fatwa (death sentence) passed on him by a foremost Islamic group, the Jamatu Nasril Islam.

Skip to next paragraph

File
Pa Abubakar

The JNI had on Thursday reportedly given Abubakar, a prince from the Masaba ruling house in Bida, four days to repent and revert to four wives, failing which he stood condemned according to Islamic law.

The JNI’s Central Fatwa Committee, in the statement signed by its chairman, Sheikh Usman Abubakar Babantunle, and Secretary-General, Abdulkarim Mu’azu, stated that any Muslim who married more than the approved number of wives at a time either by mistake or out of ignorance could choose four of the lot and ask for Allah’s forgiveness. The report, which quoted Babatunde as saying that Abubakar challenged any Muslim scholar to produce any order restricting marriage to only four wives, stated, “He would wish to also know that there is punishment that Allah (S.W.T) has prepared here in this world or the hereafter for any Muslim who has transgressed this boundary to have more than four wives.”

He added that although Abubakar “refered to the Holy Quran Suratun Nisa’I, in which Allah says women of your choice, two, three or four… vividly, he is ignorant of the proper meaning of this verse according to the Standing Fatwa Committee of JNI.”

However, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, Abubakar said he was not moved by the threat. He declared, “I am fully aware of the death threat, but I am not shaken. If I believe that Allah is the giver of life and He alone can take life, I should not be cowed by any threats to my life.”

A defiant Abubakar challenged the Moslem Ummah or jury, as well as others who believe that his action was contrary to the teachings of Islam, to come out with proofs. He said, “There is nowhere in the Quran, or any religious scripture for that matter, where it is said that any man can take another person’s life.” He also described those who issued the death threat as anti-Islam.

Abubakar also lamented what he observed as the frequent misinterpretation of doctrines by religious leaders, most of whom he accused of using religion for their own selfish interests. “God has used me to affect many lives positively. Therefore, no death threat can take me away from the path of truth, justice and honour,” he said.

The Secretary-General of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Dr. Abdul Lateef Adegbite, was said to be out of the country when our correspondent visited his office on Friday.

Also, the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, and the Force spokesman, Mr. Agberebi Akpoebi, could not be reached for comment as they were said to have travelled out of Abuja. Attempts to reach the Minister of Information, Mr. John Odey, and officials of the Presidency were also futile.

But the spokesman of the Niger State Police Command, Mr. Richard Oguche, told our correspondent on the telephone that the police would protect Abubakar from harm. He said, “It is our duty to protect lives and properties. He has the right to life and there is no law that permits that he should be killed. If a group of persons threaten his life, we cannot fold our arms and allow him to be killed.”

source:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808232245534
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by bilymuse: 7:41am On Aug 23, 2008
Dear God I commit thy soul into thy hand
Forgive the ignorant for they know not what they do
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by TPS360: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2008
Who runs the country(state), religious groups or the government?
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by c33b33(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2008
When i read this man's story on punch newspaper,i took him as an ignorant man but i later reconsidered because this man has his own building,school & his family were looking comfortable,that means he has the capacity to take charge of his household.
Now i think those who wants to kill him are d ignorant ones.Some have just one wife & can't take charge of their household!I'm not a muslim,so i wouldn't know if judgement is passed by fellow humans cos they're religious leaders.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by MCUsman(m): 11:08am On Aug 23, 2008
It baffles me alot why most of his wives are from southwest mostly from lagos
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2008
TPS360:

Who runs the country(state), religious groups or the government?

Good question. I am still baffled as to how individual groups are still able to make such threats in Nigeria to this year and instead people continue to focus on tribal/religious differences as reason. Where is the Nigerian government? What is the police doing about this? If there is proof this threat is real, why have the suspects not been arrested and their group license revoked?
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by QuotaSyste(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2008
MC Usman:

It baffese you a lot. Why don't you comment on your religious idiotic people wanting to kill the man, an innocent person. What says you about that. Do you see part of the reason why no one want to share same country with you fools.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by bilymuse: 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2008
MC Usman

Are you one of his son , because I didnt see anywhere in the write up where the names or state of origin of the wives was disclosed
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by c33b33(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2008
Help me ask Mallam Usman o!
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by MCUsman(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2008
Is it hard for you to accept a simple explanation.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by PeeDaVinci: 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
mallam usman na dickhead, so forget him, the part wey h suppose dey use think, he don carry am produce sperm
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2008
mallam usman na dickhead, so forget him, the part wey h suppose dey use think, he don carry am produce sperm
Stupidity is not a capital offense. If we decide to kill all the dickheads in Nigeria, nobody will be left.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by agaba123(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2008
Seun:

Stupidity is not a capital offense. If we decide to kill all the dickheads in Nigeria, nobody will be left.
Good point but
Seun, you  typed dickhead. why not privatehead? grin grin
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by MrCrackles(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2008
Seun:

seun you are banned for typing dickhead! tongue grin cheesy
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by agaba123(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2008
Brash!:

seun you are banned for typing dickhead! tongue grin cheesy

No the software should change it to privatehead. You know he is unbannable angry angry angry
I wish i can ban him angry angry
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by MrCrackles(m): 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2008
agaba123:

No the software should change it to privatehead. You know he is unbannable angry angry angry
I wish i can ban him angry angry

na true u talk AGABA but we would spare seun on this one only if he spares us all for 3-bannable offences grin
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by agaba123(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2008
Brash!:

na true u talk AGABA but we would spare seun on this one only if he spares us all for 3-bannable offences grin

hmmmm lets wait for him to respond first grin
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by BOMANY: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2008
c33b33:

When i read this man's story on punch newspaper,i took him as an ignorant man but i later reconsidered because this man has his own building,school & his family were looking comfortable,that means he has the capacity to take charge of his household.
Now i think those who wants to kill him are d ignorant ones.Some have just one wife & can't take charge of their household!I'm not a muslim,so i wouldn't know if judgement is passed by fellow humans because they're religious leaders.

You are right in your logic comment, and thanks for the question.
In Islam, the penalty of death can be applicable only in one case, which is committing murder deliberately, intentionally, un-accidentally, un- incidentally and un- defensively.

(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful: that if any one killed a person - unless it be for murder (committing murder crime) or for spreading mischief (destruction) in the land - it would be as if he kill the whole man kind and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole man kind. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land) 5: 32
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Abuzola(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2008
you guys should leave usman alone and face the reality, this man is a muslim therefore he should accept d sharia verdict
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by BOMANY: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2008
Who runs this country? It is the main question in this story. It don’t care if that man marries 80 or 800 wives but the response and statement of that organization must not go without a stop and punishment.
Quran specifies the authorities in the society that have the controlling power.

(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful: O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to God and the Messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in God and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end) An-isaa, 4/ 59

All Imams specified the meaning of "THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE IN AUTHORITY" that they are The Legislature, The Judiciary, and the elected Executive power
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Abuzola(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2008
Xcept if he covert to christianity.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Abuzola(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
your questions to usman is questionable, this muhammad is a hausa man, he was interviewed on hausa media,
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
Muslims, please l really want to know the ways of your Allah l thought we all worship same God but sometimes l wonder how weak and blind some gods are that they cant punish who ever sinned against them instead their worshipers are to carry out d judgement,l ve never heared any muslim says veangeance/judgement is of Allah.is forgiveness not quote in quran?l think this man is ignorance of his act
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2008
so why not let him face his judgement in hell/heaven,must u force pple to heaven? this is really anoying.what is d difference btw imam/sheik with 4 wives and this man? are they not polymist?
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Nimshi: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
emotional:

Muslims, please l really want to know the ways of your Allah

My friend, see, this is not a respectful way to ask a question if you want an answer. I'll be specific, the word "your" is diminishing. Perhaps you made a mistake, but it's good to note these little things when discussing sensitive issues. A little respect removes nothing from you.

l thought we all worship same God but sometimes l wonder how weak and blind some gods are that they can't punish who ever sinned against them instead their worshipers are to carry out d judgement,l ve never heared any muslim says veangeance/judgement is of Allah.is forgiveness not quote in quran?l think this man is ignorance of his act

This post deserves a response, but could you clarify: what did you mean by:

1) " l thought we all worship same God"? Which God?
2) " . . . how weak and blind some gods are . . . "? Which gods are those?

. . . muslim says veangeance/judgement is of Allah.is forgiveness not quote in quran?l think this man is ignorance of his act 

Will it make a difference for you to read the relevant section of the Quran about this? It appears you have misconceptions and prejudices yourself.

Agreed, the man is ignorant; and so are those who want to lynch him; their actions are not Islamic.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2008
If their actions aint islamic then d muslim leaders must b wrong and l think others got to educate them instead,must u allowed any group because it is islamic tarnish d image of ur religion?
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by Nimshi: 4:19am On Oct 01, 2008
emotional:

If their actions aint islamic then d muslim leaders must b wrong and l think others got to educate them instead,must u allowed any group because it is islamic tarnish d image of ur religion?

Groups of people can tarnish the image of any religion; those Christian guys in the US murdering doctors in the name of Christianity are a good example. As you'd see, the mob in this case have been called out on their lawlessness; the mob is difficult to control. Education, as you mentioned, is important; more must be done. Those who support violence in matters like this have lost their way.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by plusQueen: 4:26am On Oct 01, 2008
I heard that if the man converts to another religion,shariah will not apply to him.All he needs to do is denounce Islam.
How hard is that?
He needs to take his clan and move out of Bida or leave Islam for good.
The choice is his.

come to think of it why can't they just leave this grandpa alone?
This shariah thing is really run amok
but I thought they said it was a religion of peace?
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2008
@Nimshi"Christian guys mudering doctors in d name of christianity" firstly am not here to promote or defend any religion those that gave us religion are living a better life. now to ur point,do those guys biblicaly justified their act? there u see other group of xtians protesting against it, contrary to islam u guys hardly speak out against doctrines that r contrary to ur religion.are u guys sca-
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2008
Contiua-
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by emotional(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2008
-red of lmams/sheik or worshiping ALLAH instead ? acording to d islamic faith do Allah punish his offenders? some of u faces day 2 day humialiation and yet u cant speak 4xmp l was in metro with a muslim guy that have this tie around his head and he got enough seats to accomodate more passengers and u see pple prefer to stand or change couch rather than sit by him, l felt pity.
Re: Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives by focused123(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2009
The question is why do they want to kill him ?

Afterall he is only practising true Islam grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How many wives did Muhammed marry ?

I beg I no laugh O

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Speed Prayer (Salat) / Why Do Muslims Hate Dogs? / Should Muslims Celebrate December 31st Cross-over Night, Is It Islamic??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.