Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death (2999 Views)

Man With 86 Wives In Nigeria / Muslim Organisation Threatened To Kill Man With 86 Wives / Sultan, Other Islamic Leaders Disown Man With 86 Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by bilymuse: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2008
[size=15pt]Man with 86 wives: Northern human rights groups accuse Niger Govt of persecution [/size]

HUMAN rights groups in the north have faulted the trial of Islamic cleric, Bello Masaba, under the Penal Code law instead of Islamic law saying that the case is not genuine and accused the Niger State Government of persecuting the 84 year-old man, for marrying 86 wives.

Lead counsel to the Coalition of Human Rights, Mohammed Sanusi, who made their position known at a news conference in Kaduna, weekend, also faulted the non-admission of Alhaji Masaba to bail as the offences which he is alleged to have committed are bailable. Sanusi said the legal team would file a motion tomorrow, for the case to be struck out as the government has no genuine intentions in prosecuting Masaba

source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17425&Itemid=43

Meanwhile, Muslim youths in Bida, home of the octogenarian, Alhaji Abubarkar Belo Massaba with 86 wives and over 100 children, took to the streets of Bida on Friday with placards not only to disown his action but to pass a death sentence (Fatwah) on him.

Association of Muslim Lawyers of Nigeria, in a press conference in Minna, yesterday, also vowed to give free legal service to the Shariah commission in the on-going legal battle between the commission and Alhaji Massaba.

In Bida, after the youths had embarked on the peaceful demonstration carrying placards with inscriptions such as, “Massaba must die”, “Bello is not a Muslim”, “Bello must vacate Bida town”, ended up at the Bida local government secretariat to exhibit their anger to the chairman of the council who was represented by his vice, Alhaji Bako Ndayawo
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by bilymuse: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2008
what is it about this Muslims that make them blood thirsty, every one of this crazy militant group want the poor old man dead. the poor old man has done nothing wrong nor has he committed any crime. No where in the Quran or Hadith where death is prescribe for somebody who marry above four wives. This is simple and pure injustice.

[size=13pt]I'm advising all southerners who has relatives living in the north to warned them to be very careful and be prepared to fled at a moment notice. The whole thing could snowballed into a religious riot and our northern terrorist could embark on their cyclical Dracula carnage. Even issues of less importance has led to the death of hundreds of innocent southerners.[/size]
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by bawomolo(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2008
the problem isn't muslims, the problem is the ignorant unenlightened people that roam around nigeria. there is a high chance that those youth protesting are unemployment and uneducated
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by ayinba1(f): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2008
@bilymuse

muslims are not bloodthirsty

@bawomolo

Thanks for your input.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by bilymuse: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2008
@bilymuse

muslims are not bloodthirsty

Those ones living in the north, that always butchered southerners for any reason imaginable seems to be bloodthirsty. The Dracula full moon seems to be on the horizon, its been a while since they last had their feel of blood.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Nimshi: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2008
ayinba1:
Zango kataf murderers were christians, 

This is correct. There were murderers on both sides. To begin pointing fingers is to display bias, and an insensitivity to those barbaric events.

bilymuse:

what is it about this Muslims that make them blood thirsty, every one of this crazy militant group want the poor old man dead. the poor old man has done nothing wrong nor has he committed any crime. No where in the Quran or Hadith where death is prescribe for somebody who marry above four wives. This is simple and pure injustice.

You may have been up to sth rather good, but you spoiled it all with your opening statement: ",  what is it about this Muslims that make them blood thirsty, ". To begin to think these thoughts, and then further type them, is - to exaggerate a little - quite unforgivable. Muslims, bloodthirsty? "[T]this (sic) Muslims ,  bloodthirsty"?! What a shame. Before painting with such a wide brush of hate, have you considered that violence has no religion? Think a bit and free yourself from the bondage of your misconceptions.

bilymuse:
I'm advising all southerners who has relatives living in the north to warned them to be very careful and be prepared to fled at a moment notice. The whole thing could snowballed into a religious riot and our northern terrorist could embark on their cyclical Dracula carnage. Even issues of less importance has led to the death of hundreds of innocent southerners

Then you probably have no family/relatives living in the North? And/or, you're not a Northerner? And/or you have no friends in the North who've made the North their homes? What as shame to read this sort of opinion. "Northern terrorist"; what is that? Your prejudice and 'racism' is apparent as is your rather incoherent rambling. Sorry to come down hard on you this way; your words deserve no less.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by reindeer: 8:13am On Sep 23, 2008
like i said
things like bloodletting will continue as long as their leaders keep a consenting silence.
if only the so called leaders can come out and denounce such acts when they occur then the little ones may realise that kiling or spilling blood isnt the best way to serve their God.
But i can bet you, even if they end up killing the poor guy, most islamic leaders will just stay silent rather than berate the 'misguided' youths.
mr moderator, why delete my former post now?i didnt denigrate your faith did i? or is it that you cant take a honest counterview to yours?
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Nimshi: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2008
reindeer:

like i said things like bloodletting will continue as long as their leaders keep a consenting silence.
if only the so called leaders can come out and denounce such acts when they occur then the little ones may realise that kiling or spilling blood isnt the best way to serve their God.
But i can bet you, even if they end up killing the poor guy, most islamic leaders will just stay silent rather than berate the 'misguided' youths.

The above, one must say, is another myth in the resolution of local violence. It sure helps for influential/respected members of the society to speak out, but to suppose that this could stop the violence is to ask for too much. It is true that many influential people have not publicly spoken out, yet, influential people are speaking out too; random violence doesn't benefit everyone. It is also a misconception to suppose that the loudest voices at the scene respresent the faith; no, they don't. Criticism is effective when not generalized.

reindeer:
mr moderator, why delete my former post now?i didnt denigrate your faith did i? or is it that you can't take a honest counterview to yours?

One must agree that censorship, by deletion of posts, is a terribe way to deal with discussion.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by javalove(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2008
Nimshi:

Criticism is effective when not generalized.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by ayinba1(f): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2008
@reindeer,

With one's understanding of the media and how it works, it maybe very wrong to say that Islamic leaders keep silent when violence occurs.
reindeer:

like i said
things like bloodletting will continue as long as their leaders keep a consenting silence.

Here in the US, there are alot of muslims and muslim organisations that spoke and  acted against the terrorism events, that carry out a lot of humanitarian activities, but how much airtime do they get? Virtually none.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by reindeer: 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2008
dear ayinba
i know of those in the uk and Us,infact i know how much the war on terror has been won in the Uk based on support by islamic leaders who are on a mission to correct the (erroneous?)impression of islam being a violent religion, those leaders actually get a lot of airtime on TV calling on muslims to live true to the prophet's teachings,
but that hardly ever happens in nigeria, i think the northern leaders especially need to call on muslims there to understand the need for peaceful coexistence always.You hardly see such things happen in the southern parts and its not because there are no muslims in the south.
the other part is for the government to go on a massive education drive as this will reduce the number of jobless and homeless almajiris who are used for such things.
In any case
violence never makes you stronger, it only shows you have exhausted your intellect at resolution of conflicts,i have always known the weaker, less intellectually endowed man resorts to violence first.
enough of bloodletting.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by ayinba1(f): 3:03am On Sep 24, 2008
You are correct. We need education not only in the North of Nigeria (not only muslims) but everywhere else. When people truly understand Islam, they will see no need for such violence.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by DisGuy: 3:14am On Sep 24, 2008
In Bida, after the youths had embarked on the peaceful demonstration carrying placards with inscriptions such as, “Massaba must die”, “Bello is not a Muslim”, “Bello must vacate Bida town”, ended up at the Bida local government secretariat to exhibit their anger to the chairman of the council who was represented by his vice, Alhaji Bako Ndayawo

now that's funny!!! grin grin

Association of Muslim Lawyers of Nigeria
Lead counsel to the Coalition of Human Rights, Mohammed Sanusi
why aren't these people considered Muslim leaders? its very convenient to assume only
bearded mallams as Muslim clerics/leaders isnt it?

There are several articles online and media about the 'spiritual leader'
preaching peaceful co-existance in nigeria and so on, but i think its about time
he/they actually start speaking in their language considering these street urchins
don't go anywhere near newspapers or internet, they act on hearsay and rumours!
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by DisGuy: 3:34am On Sep 24, 2008
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200809241184596

A Minna-based Islamic scholar and educationist, Alhaji Yabagi Alfa, has enjoined the Muslim ummah to exercise restraint and patience in whatever they do, especially in the defence of their religion.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by ayinba1(f): 9:52am On Sep 24, 2008
Thanks Dis Guy!
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by javalove(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2008
Dis Guy is my guy. Thanks. grin
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Nimshi: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
Dis Guy:

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200809241184596

A Minna-based Islamic scholar and educationist, Alhaji Yabagi Alfa, has enjoined the Muslim ummah to exercise restraint and patience in whatever they do, especially in the defence of their religion.

And thanks also to The Punch for publishing this.

Such voices are needed at times like this; the point can't be overemphasized that such voices are either not loud enough or not published enough.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2009
@poster :

Why do they want to put him to death for having 86 wives ? How many wives did Muhammed (The Mafia boss) have ? What offence did he commit ?

So the man is only following the examples of Muhammed (The Mafia boss and the polygamist).

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God have mercy and save the islamist from advanced ignorance.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by olabowale(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2009
i would not mind if focused123 insulted me since he has insulted his Creator and the messengers and prophets (AS) by insulting the last of them (AS), so who am i that he would not insult, except if his moral compass is pointed the wrong direction. now that i have made this statement, i do not expect nothing less than the dung coming from him, therefore i say he does not from his posts, while he insults the above, he also insults parents of discussants having opposite view from what he holds, so he may be speaking through the derrie, instead of mouth!

though it is my opinion that the people who lived the community, prior before they declared Sharia as the rule they now see to govern themselves, where were they when the man married more than 4 the max allowed at anytime, except the exception of what Allah gave to the messenger, if you read the Quran's surah Azhab. Allah says about the messenger in that surah that no more wives even if all of them were to have died or after that verse divorced while neither of these conditions is applied to the muslims throughout his/her life.

if any complains about the wives of Muhammad (AS) being more than what is permissable, there are many more specific conditions for the prophets and not applicable to the muslims and we also know that prophets always have something special about them away from their communities. so let me educate your mind focused123 because you need real spiritual education, away from the forgery that you have in your life ight now! you remember Jesus, the one you mislabel as god; i have news for you, he did not marry, so count that as his specific special condition similar to the more than 4 wives' special condition of Muhammad!

now, i can go back to the fake peddlers of Sharia, in Bida; while they waited for all those years that he married up to 86, we should not excuse the community and even the women who married him after he had 4, or any of the first 4 who did not divorce him after the first 4! what is sickening and hypocritical about all of it, is that they waited this long to start correcting a wrong, yet they did not look into the Quran to see how it is stated 'unless what has passed,' meaning any wrong action in law performed before instituting the law, one is not punished for what is before but told to correct the wrong! The Bidah people reminded me of the jewish rabbi who told a man wishing to learn how to make amend after 99 murders, condemning the man. such a terrible people the community that stood by to the time that he killed 99 and the rabbi who was harsh in his judgement!

let me toy with focused123 for a moment; what did prophets and the laws and then Jesus say about the ruling of marriage, divorce, and remarrying and marrying more than allowable? how do you people rectify a wrong situation?
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by olabowale(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
oh have they protested against the powerful who performed zina, emptying the government cofers, or other atrocities, like diversion of oil allocations to their personal sales, etc, etc? the hypocritical nigerian society!
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2009
would not mind if focused123 insulted me since he has insulted his Creator and the messengers and prophets (AS) by insulting the last of them (AS), so who am i that he would not insult, except if his moral compass is pointed the wrong direction. now that i have made this statement, i do not expect nothing less than the dung coming from him, therefore i say he does not from his posts, while he insults the above, he also insults parents of discussants having opposite view from what he holds, so he may be speaking through the derrie, instead of mouth!

@Olabowale :

I did not insult my creator neither did I insult anyone. The truth is just bitter. Muhammed was NOT a prophet but a Saudi Warlord.

if any complains about the wives of Muhammad (AS) being more than what is permissable, there are many more specific conditions for the prophets and not applicable to the muslims and we also know that prophets always have something special about them away from their communities. so let me educate your mind focused123 because you need real spiritual education, away from the forgery that you have in your life ight now! you remember Jesus, the one you mislabel as god; i have news for you, he did not marry, so count that as his specific special condition similar to the more than 4 wives' special condition of Muhammad!

Marriage is God's idea NOT Allah's (rock god of kabah) idea neither is marriage Muhammed's idea. I repeat Marriage is not Muhammed's idea, so Muhammed have no right to tell  anyone to marry four wives when God's model for marriage is true monogamy.

let me toy with focused123 for a moment; what did prophets and the laws and then Jesus say about the ruling of marriage, divorce, and remarrying and marrying more than allowable? how do you people rectify a wrong situation?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Interesting Olabowale wants to toy with me and teach a spiritual lessons.

Olabowale, let me tell you what you don't know.

God’s Word teaches:

That Marriage is binding for life. Monogamy is the uniform teaching of the Bible. Polygamy is contrary to God’s perfect will and institution. Also, under the New Testament dispensation, no one has a right to divorce and remarry while the first companion lives. When a person becomes converted, necessary restitution, on this line, must be done without delay if he has married wrongly

Marriage is a holy union, a living symbol, and a precious relationship that needs tender self-sacrificing care. It is God’s idea and not a derivative of any culture. It is a gift from God to man and it has three basic aspects –

the man leaves his parents, and in public act, pledges himself to his wife; 

the man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each others welfare and by loving the partner above all others;

the two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment to the wonderful union which is reserved for marriage. By do doing, marriage provides the needed fellowship, comfort, companionship and partnership. It is one of God’s methods to keep men and women free from fornication and immorality. With very few exceptions, most men and women are to marry. These few exceptions are to receive God’s guidance and are not to be the product of infantile decision, misguided imitation, faithless consecration or religious compassion (Genesis 2:18-20,22-24; Matthew 19:4-5; Ephesians 5:31; I Cor 7:1-2, 25-29, 32).

I can go on and on.

Polygamy is serious problem because you cannot love all the women equally. Also you will create unnecessary pressure on yourself regarding dividing your time, money, and other resources amongst your wives. Polygamy does not give any dignity to the women because they are treated as properties.

IF YOU ARE PRACTISING POLYGAMY YOU COME UNDER A CURSE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT DOESN'T MATTER BUT IT IS TRUE.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Abuzola11(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2009
Abraham had 3 wives, the father of all nation, why not condemn him too, hypocrite
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Abraham had 3 wives, the father of all nation, why not condemn him too, hypocrite

Abraham married Sarah. Hagar was given to Abraham by Sarah because they were not patient enough, and after the ordeal, Hagar was sent away.

Abraham married Keturah after the death of Sarah.

Marriage was monogamous from the beginning,  Okay Mr Abuzola.

Muhammed have no right to talk about Marriage because Muhammed did not create Marriage. God was the author of marriage and it was monogamous by his design.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Abuzola11(m): 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2009
Yea, the same thing with Prophet muhammad
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Yea, the same thing with Prophet muhammad

Muhammed was monogamous when he married Khadijah, but after the death of Khadijah, Muhammed bastardised Marriage with polygamy and child marriage (Aisha).
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Abuzola11(m): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
focused123:

Muhammed was monogamous when he married Khadijah, but after the death of Khadijah, Muhammed bastardised Marriage with polygamy and child marriage (Aisha).

have you forgotten solomon the husband of hunredsssssssssssssz
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

And do you remember what happen to Solomon in the end ?? Block head
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Abuzola11(m): 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
And what happened to him u slowpoke
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by focused123(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
Abuzola 1:

And what happened to him u slowpoke

Go and read what happened to him knitwit. stupid idiot.
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by Abuzola11(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2009
'Even if We (ALLAH) had sent down to them (jews and xtrians and other disbelievers) Angels and the dead had spoken to them and We had gathered together all things before their eyes,
they would not have believed unless Allah willed, but most of them behave ignorantly'
Quran 6:111
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by ttruth(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2011
@post :

grin grin grin grin grin

How many wives did Muhammed married ? After all he is following the footstep of his master ( Muhammed the militant of Saudi Arabia) grin grin grin grin
Re: Bida Youth Protesters Want Man With 86 Wives To Be Put To Death by vedaxcool(m): 12:17am On May 29, 2011
Abuzola 1:

what does this response below have to do with question above

focused123:

And do you remember what happen to Solomon in the end ?? Block head

This Christians you never seems to amaze me, when you have been cornered with superior logic, rather than face the important question they bring mirrors to deflect the question, the mere fact that Solomon practiced polygamy refutes your banana logic which hardly wants to research but only knows insults in the face of vast intellectual argument. Again someone should help ask this christians whether brothers are allowed to marry sisters in their religion, cause i know their banana logic will quickly point to adam's marriage.

(1) (Reply)

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal After Ramadan / Supplication Of The Oppressed / When Will Islam Have Sense?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.