Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network (6489 Views)

Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price / Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android. / Help: My Mtn 3g Modem Disconnects Frequently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
This afternoon, the Alireta mobility team tried out a video call on the MTN network.

The call was initiated on a Samsung i780 from Ikeja, and terminated on a Nokia E71 at Yaba.

The only issue experienced was a problem with initiating the call. After several dialling attempts, it finally went through. Video was clear and smooth generally. There was a slight momentary jerking, but it didn't persist. Sound over the connection and the speakerphones of the two devices was satisfactory as well. The call lasted 2 minutes and 3 seconds. In all, it was a good experience.

Hopefully, the problem with getting a videocall initiated will be solved ASAP. Everyday users are certainly not going to be as persistent as we were in trying this out.
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ok. .
Inference=Its possible to make a video call with mtn

cost=??
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by sisqology(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2008
N70+1gb 4 sale
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by just2nice(m): 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2008
@6qo.How much you wan flog am?@topic.Mtn 3g video calls,if it becomes fully functional,would be a welcome development.Mtn should try to extend their 3g coverage to all nook and cranny of the country.3g aint available in my area of domicile.
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by sisqology(m): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2008
@just2nice, how much u want am?
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by ceejay80s(m): 2:16am On Aug 25, 2008
Mtn vid call dey work 4 my side for the past 6months,and its cheaper than rubbish globacom
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by ciaoson04: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2008
Dragnet
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2008
MTN VideoCall Rates:

XtraCool: 80k per sec
XtraConnect: 82k per sec
XtraPro: 67k per sec
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2008
ciaoson04, what??
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by MrInfo1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2008
Dragnet
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2008
infobaba:

Dragnet

pops, what??
u too high on something?? undecided
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by MrInfo1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2008
dragnet:

pops, what??

He called me daddy. smiley wink cheesy
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2008
infobaba:

He called me daddy. smiley wink cheesy

arghhhh
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by sisqology(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2008
y?
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by hayprof(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2008
xactly, dis is a Mtn video call discussn Not a papa nd son reunion forum*
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Holyrule(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2008
@hayprof
do you know how i can chat using mtn trick on pc,reliable without having to refresh or reload pages.
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by sisqology(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2008
I wonder,

Hayprof, long tym, where u de since?
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 3:58am On Aug 26, 2008
It would be nice if we all stayed on the topic.

Apart from the thrill of seeing one another's face during a videocall, it does not seem that videocalling offers any real benefits to users on a daily basis.

It could be useful in certain rare situations, but we've always wondered if there are any regular situations that a videocall would be expedient.

Like MMS, videocalling is not likely to be taken up wholesale by everyday users.

Or are we going to be proved wrong? Maybe if videocall tariffs were to drop to the same bracket as voice call tariffs - which is likely to happen only in anyone's dreams.
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by naomijt(f): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2008
Alireta:

It would be nice if we all stayed on the topic.

Apart from the thrill of seeing one another's face during a videocall, it does not seem that videocalling offers any real benefits to users on a daily basis.

It could be useful in certain rare situations, but we've always wondered if there are any regular situations that a videocall would be expedient.

Like MMS, videocalling is not likely to be taken up wholesale by everyday users.

Or are we going to be proved wrong? Maybe if videocall tariffs were to drop to the same bracket as voice call tariffs - which is likely to happen only in anyone's dreams.

You may be right, but what about using it to track someone. You can actually use it to confirm someone's location. For example, if your child says he/she is with grandma, then u can video call and ask grandma to show face. grin
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2008
Yeah tracking/confirming positions grin
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2008
You may be right, but what about using it to track someone. You can actually use it to confirm someone's location. For example, if your child says he/she is with grandma, then u can video call and ask grandma to show face.
Are you kidding? How about if you simply place a voice call, and ask your child to hand the phone to grandma so you can say hello  wink
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2008
Alireta, how about if d child says granny went to d market?? . . .u culd then tell her to show u the environment wink
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by hayprof(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
What if Granny no get Face?

And 2face get 4 pikins?

Who's got a 3G phone let me Run a Test.

HOLA! wink
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Ascony(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ Alireta
PLs i have been hearing about this video call but i dont know how to go about it. pls can u give me a clue?
I use a Nokia N72. I will appreciate ur help. Thanks
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
@dragnet: That's a good scenario!

@Ascony: First, you need a 3G phone that is equipped for video calling. Not all 3G phones are. The N72 is not 3G, so you certainly need to get another phone.

Secondly, you must be on a 3G network. At the moment, that limits you to MTN and Glomobile.

Third, you must have the 3G settings of your network, and your SIM be activated to use those services.

Once these conditions are met, simply select a contact on your phone and choose "video call". You hold the phone in front of you so that the front camera (the small one) is pointing at you. Once the call is connected, you'll see the face of the person you are calling on your phone's display. Just talk on - and watch your airtime!
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by initialize(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
@Alireta

Who told you that 3G is only limited to MTN and GLO subscribers, don't dare some of us that are Zain with pride, and our sim shows 3G, EDGE and whatever network service rendered,

***I have 4 Celtel/Zain Sim cards and 2 out of the 4 sims shows 3G with full bar***
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by MrInfo1(m): 1:54am On Aug 27, 2008
Alireta:

At the moment, that limits you to MTN and Glomobile.
error of omission (zain)

Alireta:

you must have the 3G settings of your network
it not necessarily significant to have extra 3G settings before u can use the 3G service.

Alireta:
your SIM be activated to use those services.
the above applies to GLO only (stop generalizeing em)undecided
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by Alireta: 2:24am On Aug 27, 2008
@initialize and infobaba: Your Zain SIM showing a 3G icon does not indicate an active 3G network. The capacity may have been built in, but like the gentleman asked, he is interested in videocalls now. In which case, he's still limited to MTN and Glo until Zain's 3G network goes live.

If you'd like to contest this, please attempt to place a videocall on the Zain network now. Our team members have info and SIM cards on all GSM networks, and we say authoritatively that subscribers interested in videocalls now are limited to MTN and Glo.

@infobaba: We seem to have a problem of English comprehension here. It is a fact that 3G services have to be activated on a SIM to enable videocalling or any 3G service for that matter. We have merely stated this fact. Now whether one network does it automatically (in this case MTN), or manually on request (in this case Glo) is another matter entirely.

But the fact remains that activation must be done. There was no generalization in our earlier statement; just facts.
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by MrInfo1(m): 4:03am On Aug 27, 2008
Alireta:
one network does it automatically (in this case MTN)

u've corrected yourself. wink cool
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by samuelk(m): 5:57am On Aug 27, 2008
True about zain,their video call service is hibernating at the moment,but i browse nd download with the 3g network at a very good speed./sup drag
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by samuelk(m): 5:58am On Aug 27, 2008
True about zain,their video call service is hibernating at the moment,but i browse nd download with the 3g network at a very good speed./sup drag
Re: Video Call On The Mtn 3g Network by dragnet: 7:23am On Aug 27, 2008
samuelk, me good bro. , . You getting 3G signals at Ikd?? shocked

u didnt check ur YIM??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Old Official 2go (3.7) Now / Tecno Keeps getting better and better / Samsung A51 User Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.