Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

US Open 2008 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open 2008 (5857 Views)

Poll: Who will win the US Open?

Nadal: 24% (7 votes)
Federer: 48% (14 votes)
Djokovic: 3% (1 vote)
Ferrer: 10% (3 votes)
Nalbandian: 0% (0 votes)
Tsonga: 6% (2 votes)
Murray: 6% (2 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament / Tennis: US Open 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Open 2008 by tng(f): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2008
yep! he does it in 4 sets. Next up, Mardy Fish.
Re: US Open 2008 by tommyex(m): 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
I hope venus wins, but why do d williams have to meet in the quarters!
Hooting 4 Djokovic 2
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 5:19am On Sep 02, 2008
Tsonga is out right? Haven't watched much.
The jankovic/wozniacki match was boring. The williams are the only interesting ones to watch.
Thank goodness for men's tennis grin

Nwayz, the muller guy na wah. The match with Almagro was bloody long, i didnt finish it.

Am feeling Nishikori. Sad he's out thanks to Del potro, but there is always next time.

Potro vs Murray hehehe, my mama no go sleep grin
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:23am On Sep 02, 2008
tommyex:

I hope venus wins, but why do d williams have to meet in the quarters!

Exactly,now we're going to miss one of 'em @ the semis
Such a waste angry angry angry
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2008
Geeeeeez
Who was that Sam Querrey fella that wanted to querry my main man [b]RAFA[/b]el Nadal  grin grin grin grin
Stretching the game to the better part of 2 and half hours and SEVEN tie breaks
  cool cool
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2008
Go RAFA,Go VENUS
Go RAFA,Go VENUS
kiss kiss kiss
Re: US Open 2008 by sayso: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2008
Pls where can I watch usopen highlights on the web?
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2008
usopen.org
Re: US Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
rasputinn:

Exactly,now we're going to miss one of 'em @ the semis
Such a waste angry angry angry
A waste it is indeed . . . that's the most drama we will see on the womens side. The rest of the field is a bore.

It is inevitable - a Federer vs. Nadal final.
Re: US Open 2008 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
rasputinn:

Geeeeeez
Who was that Sam Querrey fella that wanted to querry my main man [b]RAFA[/b]el Nadal grin grin grin grin
Stretching the game to the better part of 2 and half hours and SEVEN tie breaks
cool cool

Fast hard courts favour big servers like Query so Nadal sometimes has trouble with them. Even Djokovic who is supposed to be the best on hard courts had to dig deep to beat Marin Cilic. I dont bother about such games again, i knew Nadal would win . . . it was only a matter of when.

Nadal will beat Mardy Fish in 4 sets.
Re: US Open 2008 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
iice:

Tsonga is out right? Haven't watched much.
The jankovic/wozniacki match was boring. The williams are the only interesting ones to watch.
Thank goodness for men's tennis grin

Nwayz, the muller guy na wah. The match with Almagro was bloody long, i didnt finish it.

Am feeling Nishikori. Sad he's out thanks to Del potro, but there is always next time.

Potro vs Murray hehehe, my mama no go sleep grin

Potro is the real deal at least on hard courts. I cant miss his game with Murray, it will be a hell of a game.
Re: US Open 2008 by A40(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
@Jesoul
You would be suprised grin at what me and my baby momma have been up to we spent the first week of last month shopping at Baby GAP lol

Dont mind Onyinye its all gravy though we all have the right to back our teams up i guess the season starts next month its so close i can taste it.Those Guys where on another planet their game against China convinced me that they meant business this time out

On the NFL thing i heard Favre left the Packers and joined the Jets dont know how good a move that is since the Jets dont look like playoff quality to me

All eyes on the Women's draw for obvious reasons
Re: US Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 1:32am On Sep 03, 2008
A40, (how did you pick that name by the way?)
hehe I haven't seen the baby bump yet on Serena . . . are you sure she's not playing you?  grin

Anyone see the great match between Federer and Andreev? 3.5hr exciting duel with the normally reserved Federer getting hyped atimes - great 5-setter which Roger wins.
Re: US Open 2008 by A40(m): 2:21am On Sep 03, 2008
@Jesoul
She's only about 3 weeks pregnant lol no baby bumps and i couldnt care less if she was cheating on me remember i said baby momma doesnt necessarily mean wifey

Ohh my name  grin.Thats pretty simple my name starts with an A and i got some inspiration from E-40 ma uncle from the Bay coincidentally i have a thing for that number plus my last name starts with an E i hope that made sense

This is Roger's last chance to get a grand-slam this year we hope he takes it
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 4:59am On Sep 03, 2008
JeSoul:

Anyone see the great match between Federer and Andreev? 3.5hr exciting duel with the normally reserved Federer getting hyped atimes - great 5-setter which Roger wins.

Watched part of it, from the 3rd set to the fifth.
Hehehe, it was interesting.
Re: US Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2008
iice:

Watched part of it, from the 3rd set to the fifth.
Hehehe, it was interesting.

I've never seen Federer so animated like he was . . . but I loved it! smiley Andreev put up a great fight n pushed Roger to bring out his A-game in order to win.

See the way Roddick spanked & dimissed Gonzalez without even breaking a sweat last night. I was looking foward to a slug-fest while eating dinner and it was over in like an hr n half angry there was zero-effort & desire shown by Gonzalez, even I coulda put up a better fight than that.
Re: US Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
She's only about 3 weeks pregnant lol no baby bumps and i couldnt care less if she was cheating on me remember i said baby momma doesnt necessarily mean wifey
ahhh the playa that you are! smiley so you want little A-40's? since you want Serena's genes it must mean you want a little grandslammer smiley

Ohh my name grin.Thats pretty simple my name starts with an A and i got some inspiration from E-40 ma uncle from the Bay coincidentally i have a thing for that number plus my last name starts with an E i hope that made sense
yeah kinda smiley

Mens Quarters:

Rafael Nadal ESP (1)               
vs   
Mardy Fish USA             

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (17)               
vs   
Andy Murray GBR (6)               

Andy Roddick USA 8               
vs   
Novak Djokovic SRB (3)       

Gilles Muller LUX                 
vs   
Roger Federer SUI (2)
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 4:21am On Sep 04, 2008
JeSoul:

I've never seen Federer so animated like he was . . . but I loved it! smiley Andreev put up a great fight n pushed Roger to bring out his A-game in order to win.

See the way Roddick spanked & dimissed Gonzalez without even breaking a sweat last night. I was looking foward to a slug-fest while eating dinner and it was over in like an hr n half angry there was zero-effort & desire shown by Gonzalez, even I coulda put up a better fight than that.

Exactly.
LOL if it were the women's tennis, i would have liked it to be over in an hr, but as pa men undecided

Eyah, bye bye to Potro. Murray advances.
What a match, quite close though.

Hahhhhhh Serena advances. Another close match, i would have liked it to get into 3 sets but i can see the heat oppressing the players. Anyhooooo can't wait for safina and serena cheesy
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 4:23am On Sep 04, 2008
Nadal and Fish is soon starting.
And am sleepy! angry
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2008
davidylan:

Nadal will beat Mardy Fish in 4 sets.

You were spot-on man
RAFA just beat Mardy Fish in four sets,despite the initial gragra diplayed by Mardy in the first set
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Sep 04, 2008
iice:

Nadal and Fish is soon starting.
And am sleepy! angry

Just ended

Rafael Nadal 3  6  6  6

Mardy Fish    6  1  4  2

Up next Murray @ the semi's
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2008
GO RAFA,GO VENUS
GO RAFA,GO VENUS
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2008
Oh man,see how quickly I moved from being all smiles and happy to being all frowns and annnoyyyyyyyyyyyed

Yea I was all smiles a couple of minutes ago when Nadal ate beat Fish,now I'm all frowns seeing the williams sisters play against each other this early in the tourney

Well,it's a game apiece thus far

May the better luckier sister on the day,win

Love you both

Still rooting for Venus though
Re: US Open 2008 by rasputinn(m): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2008
Well it was a good game
Congratulations Serena

up next Dina Safina @ the semis
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2008
Guess you didn't notice when i said Serena vs Safina tongue

Oh loved how the ball went for the umpire grin grin

Hopefully i'll have energy for Fed's game undecided

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhh djokovic vs Roddick
Nadal vs Murray

Ohhh am loffing the mens' tennis right now.
Re: US Open 2008 by dinozzo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2008
Safina has been playing very well so far, its going to be a tough one for Serena. Nadal should beat Murray. Nadal leads 5-0 in head to head meetings, 3 on hard court, the remaining two on grass and clay.
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2008
I'd like for Serena to take it, but i won't be too displeased if Safina takes it.

Hahhhh sure nadal will take it.

And hopefully roddick keeps the fire, i want to see some serious battle
Re: US Open 2008 by dinozzo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
iice u watch tennis too tongue

Djoko Roddick will be a good one to watch I hope it isn't going to be an evening match there.
Re: US Open 2008 by iice(f): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
Wetin na? tongue I manage small na for sports. It's one of the few sports i enjoy watching.
Re: US Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2008
The match I'm waiting for with great anticipation: Roddick vs. Djokovic. Ya'll see the Roddick press conference where he took shots at Novak? smiley there's already bad blood, it's going to be fun watching them go at it.

The Williams match could have easily gone Venus' way and Fish never had a chance against Nadal in-spite of his fiery 1st set. Murray will need more than those drop shots to beat Nadal - I expect Nadal to win easily.
Re: US Open 2008 by bagoma(f): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
i was really annoyed the way venus lost the match because she could have won it. only consolation being that it was her sister she lost to.
glad Nadal is finally through to his first semi-final at the US open.
between Novak and Roddick, i'm a bit torn. my gut telling me Novak will take it.
federer up now against muller. first set almost through. i expect to see Fed at d final though. (but you never can really tell these days undecided) we'll see how it pans out.
Re: US Open 2008 by bagoma(f): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
federer finally takes the first set after an engaging time. had to go into a tie-break
i think i am loving this muller guy.
giving roger a run for his money.
i hope i am speaking too soon sha o. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Move Up In Fifa And Caf Ranking / Whats Wrong With These Olympic Pictures / Oshiomhole Registers For 10km Okpekpe Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.