Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

My Friend Is Not Feeling His Girlfriend As He Should Anymore :( - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is Not Feeling His Girlfriend As He Should Anymore :( (918 Views)

See what A Lover Bought For His Girlfriend As Birthday Gift(pics) / 3 Years Together And I'm Not Feeling Him Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Is Not Feeling His Girlfriend As He Should Anymore :( by topup: 1:15am On Aug 26, 2008
I have a male friend who I counsel and give relationship advice. He told me to ask some of my friends for advice about what to do about his situation. Who better to ask than Nairaland peeps.

Here goes nothing:

He's been seeing his girlfriend in a long distance relationship for a year a few months.
His dilema is he's starting to feel bored.
His symptoms include; not wanting to participate equally in phone conversations. Feeling like it's a chore to text and call her. But here's the strange thing; he misses her when he's got off the phone, and he genuinely knows no one will love him as much as she does, he says he loves her and he says that she is an amazing person. But, he just is a stage where he is confused, nothing's moving, he doesn't feel that much passion in his relationship to her.

Now, I don't know about you, but I am completely confused.
He is completely commited to her, though I have to be honest, he isn't completely emotionally commited to her. I often tell him that he shouldn't be sharing his deepest darkest fears and innermost thoughts with me, but instead her. That he should also try opening up to her. You see, she often is upset that he doesn't call or make more effort to include her in his life, and he knows that he should and that this is wrong, but he just doesn't feel like doing so. He doesn't do it to hurt her, he just doesn't feel too keen on calling her and everything.

Extra info: He is such a flirt, he has told me he loves me, and I have reprimanded him so many times to stop saying things like that, before you start blaming me, the problem existed before we became close friends. I am trying to maintain my distance and I often tell him to get off the phone from me and call her. He needs to start seeing his girlfriend as his truest confidant. However, it could just be that this relationship just wasn't meant to be.
I know it's going to hurt his girlfriend because I believe she is trying her best to hold the relationship together, she really loves him.

Any advice? Can anyone diagnose his problem? Any tips? smiley
Re: My Friend Is Not Feeling His Girlfriend As He Should Anymore :( by KarmaMod(f): 1:19am On Aug 26, 2008
why is it long distance? such relationships hardly last so I dont blame your friend
Re: My Friend Is Not Feeling His Girlfriend As He Should Anymore :( by topup: 1:51am On Aug 26, 2008
I'm not sure, but obviously the two of them felt that what they had was too special to give up on something like that. Everybody goes through a LD relationship once in their lives, you're not always going to be in the same place at the same time, even if your girlfriend/boyfriend is only 5 minutes away, sometimes work and other things, mean you don't see each other as often as you'd like.

I think the two of them thought they were mature enough to handle one, but I believe, a LD relationship should be kept as short as possible. Though I would advise against them, I think it is a bad sign if you would rather end something amazing from fear of the future.

In most cases, the relationship wasn't amazing anyways, hence why ending it sounds like such a reasonable idea. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Once A Cheater, Always A Cheat? / Valentine Free Sms / New Scientific Discovery!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.