Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses (8956 Views)

Here Are Some Of The Most Obvious Things That A Girl Gains When She Is Circumcis / What Has Been The Effect Of Culturing Borrowing On Nigerian Culture? / Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 10:37am On Aug 26, 2008
The rate Nigerians copy or replicate is very alarming, imagine if we channel such energy and dexterity towards our economical and technological development we would have been a better nation. Instead of that, we copy negative vices like homosexuality etc.
I just read this article in the paper and i felt really pissed. What is the world turning to? It's scary though.

My question is this: Do we allow sure immoralities to strive in our community?

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808263423539
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by Tgirl4real(f): 10:41am On Aug 26, 2008
It's complete madness, but there is nothing we can do about it. We are in the last days, so expect more of strange things.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2008
it beats me! last days indeed, some silly folks will claim it's innate (abi na in-born) all in an effort to justify it. I had an encounter with one, and boy how did i react? I guess i'd never been so angry all my life and right there it dawn on me that things i've been reading about actually happen around.

Let it be known, I'M ANTI-GAY!!!!! ANTI-SAME SEX MARRIAGES!!!!
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2008
A new ‘business’ appears to be taking roots among male students in many universities across the country. Investigations by our correspondents show that a number of male students have now joined their female counterparts to engage in prostitution to get more money. However, while many of the female undergraduates involved make their money from dating rich men, more male students appear to be getting involved in same-sex relationship.

Investigatioms revealed that the young men make an average of N50,000 from one outing and may get more money when they travel out of their base to meet their partners who usually belong to the affluent group in the society.

A student in one of the universities in the South-East, who pleaded anomymity, told one of our correspondents that apart from servicing the rich outside the campus, the male undergraduates also encouraged fellow students to engage in the act. Thus, it becomes a case of someone experienced trying to recruit the innocent. “Sometimes, a student can offer to pay as much as N20,000 to another student once he is desperate to have an affair,’’ our source said.

On one occasion, he said, a male student once offerred to pay another student N20,000 for an homosexual round. “The student that was offerred the money put his phone on speaker and we were all hearing as the other gay was desperately pleading to even pay in advance,’’ he added.

In a chat with one of our correspondents who pretended to be a researcher last week, another student in one of the federal universities in the South-West, who confessed to be involved in the practice under condition of anonymity, said, “Most of the successful men we see and hear of in Nigeria today are gays. The promiscuity rate is even higher than that of male and female sexual relationship. So, you tend to get more patronage as a gay prostitute. If you get a call now to meet so and so in Abuja or even Dubai on an all-expense-paid trip, won’t you be tempted? Sometimes you get as much as N50,000 or N100,000 depending on how big the man is.”

According to him, there are caucuses of gays who meet regularly at parties, clubs and such other places. Such networking helps any gay male student who is interested in getting to meet clients.

Our correspondents learnt that a number of ‘gay friendly’ clubs had sprang up in some parts of Ikeja and Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Analysing the activities of the group further, a 200-level student who claimed to be ‘gay and proud’ said, “It really helps to be ‘Top’ in a gay relationship.” According to him, “The ‘Top’ is the male in the relationship. He is the ‘King’ while the ‘Bottom’ is the female or the ‘Queen.’ The Tops are scarce, unlike ‘Bottoms’ that are uncountable and less valued in the booming gay market. If you are a ‘Top’, you get better patronage and you are more valued. That is where the big bucks come from. If you are a queen, chances are that you are looking for love, affection or something like that. You have to spend a lot of money to get a ‘Top’ that wants you.”

While he agreed that some men are ‘wired’ to act as gays, he also confessed that some do it for money and the connections they get to make for their future. For that category of people, he said it might just be a passing phase, something they are doing in school to make money.

“They are in it purely for the money and they usually go ‘top.’ But he insisted that money was not the only reason why some men become gays. You go to exotic parties, catch a lot of fun and the life is dramatic,’’ he said.

“Some of these guys are very promiscuous. The ‘Top’ especially get more sexual requests than Bottoms and if one is not careful, one will get over-used. You can’t take all the orders that will be advanced to you. I have been reckless before, but now I am very careful. One has to think of one’s future especially someone like me that desires to get married and have children,” one of them said.

Despite the reported health implications of the act, financial inducement seems to be a strong factor for participation by those who engage in campus homosexuality. While some people confessed to have found themselves in it as a result of peer pressure, others simply believe that they have been wired naturally to dislike the opposite sex.

A lawyer, who confessed that he patronised male university students, and who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said he became a homosexual during his days as a boarding house pupil.

He said he was introduced into the act by a school mate. “It was very rampant then and I found out that many of my mates were also involved. Though I got married after my university education, I still engage in it now because old habits die hard. I must tell you that it is a terrible habit though because I find it difficult to enjoy sex with my wife. These days, I find male partners among people of my calibre, especially some of my friends that were in the same secondary school with me.

“It is also easier to find willing partners in Abuja, anytime I go there for meetings, I find a new partner. We have different ways of knowing one another; anybody who is not involved in homosexuality can never find out. I hate embarrassment so I do not try to introduce fellow men to it; I only get involved with those that I know are already involved. I have made a lot of contacts through it and it has opened doors for me.”

“Unlike those in the developed countries who say they are involved in it because they were created that way, many boys in our universities are being enticed with monetary gifts and those who are fortunate to meet wealthy partners have become ‘big boys’ overnight. I pray that my son grows up as normal boys do and I will do all I can so that they do not toe this same line of homosexuality. It is not something that I am proud of no matter how nice some people make it seem,” he said.

In addition, there are caucuses of gays who meet regularly at parties, clubs and through online social networks. Such networking helps any gay who is interested in getting to meet clients.

Commenting on the involvement of more male students in homosexuality, a public analyst, Mr. Sonnie Ekwowusi said, “Gay liberalists in the world are fighting hard to change the natural way normal people look at things. They want marriage to be defined as a union of any two, not a union of a man and a woman. Whenever a gay marriage takes place anywhere gay people ensure that it is given wide publicity in the media.

By Sunday Ojeme, Kemi Obasola and Abimbola Adelakun
Published: Tuesday, 26 Aug 2008 http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808263423539
PS: This article was slightly edited
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by Tgirl4real(f): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2008
I want to puke. Madness!!!! sad
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by abikelat(f): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2008
and whata bout gay on campuses
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2008
abikelat:

and whata bout gay on campuses
what about it?
Sickening, disgusting, degrading, shameful and most importantly ungodly.

I hope you aint what am thinkin? angry
cos i hate them
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by doyin13(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2008
IncaGold:

what about it?

because i hate them

And why may I ask. . .do you hate them so much
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by abikelat(f): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2008
@incagold
if you cant do it, then let those that will do it be cos thats there own way of enjoying theirselves, they enjoy it the same way you will enjoy digging agirl , so, go and sleep
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by bunmii(f): 11:54am On Aug 26, 2008
IncaGold:

what about it?

because[b] i hate them[/b]

u also know what else is ungodly? judging other people, hating your neighbours e.t.c
what does it matter to you what other people choose to do in the privacy of their house?
stop being ignorant and learn to tolerate
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by spikedcylinder: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2008
Gay people on campuses? So bleeping what?
I dont think anyone should cry foul until someone is aiming at their bums with 12"s.
And these might be the same people who would suggest to thier girlfriends/wives/Bleep buddies that anal is cool. undecided undecided
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2008
bunmii:

u also know what else is ungodly? judging other people, hating your neighbours e.t.c
what does it matter to you what other people choose to do in the privacy of their house?
stop being ignorant and learn to tolerate

I guess you dont know what it means to JUDGE?
I aint ignorant and i'll NEVER tolerate such.
It makes me wanna puke!!!!!
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2008
If I suggest anal to my friends, girl (even though i dont practice such) at least it's with a woman!
So f.ucking what? It's simply disgusting. We werent created for such. Do you know that it's only humans that can have sex facing each other? Think about it!
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2008
@doyin13,
Cos it's very disgusting!
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2008
abikelat:

@incagold
if you can't do it, then let those that will do it be because thats there own way of enjoying theirselves, they enjoy it the same way you will enjoy digging agirl , so, go and sleep

Yea rite, shocked
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by spikedcylinder: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2008
Keep puking o. I dont know who gets hurt more, your acidic stomach or the loose buttholes.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Keep puking o. I don't know who gets hurt more, your acidic stomach or the loose buttholes.
The loose buttholes! My stomach doesnt hurt when i puke, i simply get relieved!!! grin
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ topic

Who cares!!

Are they the cause of our lack of development?
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by timbabng(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2008
IncaGold:

The loose buttholes! My stomach doesnt hurt when i puke, i simply get relieved!!! grin

i'v started puking too
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by abikelat(f): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2008
What is puke
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
abikelat:

What is puke
originally means to vomit
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2008
michelin89:

@ topic

Who cares!!

Are they the cause of our lack of development?
Ask me again?
Have you ever given it a thought why it's only humans that mate facing (at least have the capability to) each other.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by spikedcylinder: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2008
IncaGold:

Ah! They get relief too. . .  at least pooping wont be so hard anymore and they get sexual satisfaction and love. . . . while you are there puking your stomach dry on their behalf.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2008
IncaGold:

Ask me again?
Have you ever given it a thought why it's only humans that mate facing (at least have the capability to) each other.

Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by KarmaMod(f): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2008
Lmao you really think homosexuality just started in Nigeria?

You ostriches are funny.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by KarmaMod(f): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
“Some of these guys are very promiscuous. The ‘Top’ especially get more sexual requests than Bottoms and if one is not careful, one will get over-used. You can’t take all the orders that will be advanced to you. I have been reckless before, but now I am very careful. One has to think of one’s future especially someone like me that desires to get married and have children,” one of them said.

Lmao, yet the same people are teh first ones to look at university girls and aristos

A lawyer, who confessed that he patronised male university students, and who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said he became a homosexual during his days as a boarding house pupil.

He said he was introduced into the act by a school mate. “It was very rampant then and I found out that many of my mates were also involved. Though I got married after my university education, I still engage in it now because old habits die hard. I must tell you that it is a terrible habit though because I find it difficult to enjoy sex with my wife. These days, I find male partners among people of my calibre, especially some of my friends that were in the same secondary school with me

See this one with a wife.

I assume he was copying "western world" when it was happening all over his boarding school abi?
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by IncaGold(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Ah! They get relief too. . . at least pooping wont be so hard anymore and they get sexual satisfaction and love. . . . while you are there puking your stomach dry on their behalf.

yippeeeeeee, aint puking on their behalf. I get to eat something tasty immediately after puking. grin

cool
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by tpia: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2008
Unlike those in the developed countries who say they are involved in it because they were created that way, many boys in our universities are being enticed with monetary gifts

soon now they'll also start saying they were born gay. That way they get more sympathy.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by grafikdon: 12:37am On Aug 27, 2008
tpia:

soon now they'll also start saying they were born gay. That way they get more sympathy.

. . . or get quick Visa to the USA (asylum seekers grin grin). . . 419 has many faces.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by rachie(f): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2008
There seems to be a number of gay topics on this board and i don't really like it.
I don't hate gays but i don't want to see this thing spreading or become so acceptable in Nigeria like it is in the UK or the US.

I think most people posting on this board live abroad.
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by KarmaMod(f): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
rachie:

There seems to be a number of gay topics on this board and i don't really like it.
I don't hate gays but i don't want to see this thing spreading or become so acceptable in Nigeria like it is in the UK or the US.

Angry that we are exposing the secrets of Nigeria, are you? Obviously it's acceptable hence why it's on NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY grounds. Keep staying in denial grin
Re: Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses by bawomolo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
rachie:

they exist whether u like it or not, not discussing the topic of homosexuality would only extend ur ignorance on the issue. homosexuals have a right to self-expression. live them alone if they want to patrol the campus. and homosexuality is indeed influenced by biology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Countries That Speak Igbo Languge / Igbo Women: The Most Socially Empowered In Nigeria? / The First Capital City Of Nigeria, Was Not Lagos Or Abuja Or Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.